Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Randarkman posted:

okay tumblr sucks and joss whedon is bad and they should probably stop making comic book movies

gently caress china

I like comic book movies, I think they should keep making comic book movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

well youre a stupid bitch

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

TheJoker138 posted:

Moon Night is nothing like Batman other than the "rich guy who beats people up" part. He's a hallucinating, moon worshiper who gets off on brutal violence, doesn't usually prepare for anything, and is literally insane.

What I'm saying is he's way better than Batman.

I agree. Dude is Batman without all the bullshit nonsensical moral codes and a much better tailor

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Ddraig posted:

I literally give no fucks about Hawkeye and know next to nothing about him, but you may possibly be thinking of Bullseye? He's Daredevil's villain, I guess, since Daredevil is blind so they gave him a dude who is named after a really accurate visual thing to gently caress with him.

dd been hunting bullseye for decades just because he doesnt know what a bullseye is and wants to understand

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

Moon Night is nothing like Batman other than the "rich guy who beats people up" part. He's a hallucinating, moon worshiper who gets off on brutal violence, doesn't usually prepare for anything, and is literally insane.

What I'm saying is he's way better than Batman.

You're right for reasons totally unrelated to this, but I've got to admit that's a nice name/avatar combo with your post.

TheJoker138 posted:

Insane people on tumblr are poisoning the entire concept of feminism with their insanity. So nothing new.

I don't even think it was the "feminist boogeyman" as much as it was Whedon having to hear an encylopedia's worth of criticism every single time he logs onto Twitter. Yeah it's like the "pussy" thing to do but it ain't unreasonable to be like "ok gently caress this noise I need some quiet."

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Instead of sterilized she should have had undergone vaginal mutilation or something so they could talk about the evil of South Africa or something

sorry I dozed off after the robot with lips bought minerals from a South African smuggler

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
How else are you supposed to get vibranium, huh?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
whats vibranium? where was that in the movie

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wedemeyer posted:

Im thorina's nipple shields and tonita's stupid ironsuit that really needs to outline the fact that she has boobs and, oh yeah, the tactical bare midriff that captainita has.

I mean seriously did a man make this photoshop? What woman would look at her armor and say 'no, I need to indicate where my nips are! !!!!'?

You forgot that the Loki outfit has cleavage :supaburn:

Also Joel Schumacher would have some very specific words to say to you RE strategic nipple armor

loquacius fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 7, 2015

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

whats vibranium? where was that in the movie

That was the entire reason they were in South Africa, they made an explicit mention that it was the rare metal they made Captain America's shield out of--Ultron even comments on how humans take the most valuable metal on earth and used it to make a frisbee--and Ultron used it as the basis for the body of the Christmas Tree robot called "The Vision" who plays a pretty big role in the third act. Like yeah I can understand why you might not realize all of that if you're not a comics-sperg, but after a point it's clear that you're not able to pay attention to the dumb bullshit and not that the movie failed to give you enough information and that's ok too.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Germstore posted:

How else are you supposed to get vibranium, huh?

Send some children to mine it for you I dont know. I was surprised robot lips didn't want to buy some goddamn ivory while he was there too

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I really hope they go the dissonant route with Black Panther where Wakanda is this impossibly superior technological wonderland yet all the citizens still dress like Hollywood backlot versions of Zulu extras. The racists and the progressives alike won't know what to make of it.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

theres a comic book hero named black panther?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yes. That was what all the South African bullshit was ultimately for-- allusions to his movie. Andy Serkis--beard guy who gets his arm cut off--is going to be one of the villains.

He's basically "what if Batman were black and an African king." He's racially problematic as gently caress from both ends but once you let that pass he's awesome.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Randarkman posted:

named like six months before the black panther party formed

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
hollywood is all the evidence you need to dispute the thesis that high-level executives are geniuses who deserve millions of dollars

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I feel like the elephant in the room here that no one is acknowledging is whether or not the monster dork in the hulk gif is fake or not.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

mysterious frankie posted:

I feel like the elephant in the room here that no one is acknowledging is whether or not the monster dork in the hulk gif is fake or not.

Sorry 'bout your tiny donger

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

that gif was the best thing ive seen all day

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Black Panther is basically the best Avenger.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Sorry 'bout your tiny donger

My tiny little penis is a breath of fresh air for any person with the acute vision necessary to see it.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

isnt wolverine an avanger

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
black widow is the best avagina

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Parallax Scroll posted:

He triggered the test audiences so bad they removed him.
It was the blades, they triggered so many memories of rape that they didn't actually have, that it was too much a risk.

After all, 5 sharp as gently caress knife blades coming in and out, going back into flesh, over and over and over again while a bearded hobo grins in anger beside them.
#wolverinewomanrapist

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

mysterious frankie posted:

My tiny little penis is a breath of fresh air for any person with the acute vision necessary to see it.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

mind the walrus posted:

I don't even think it was the "feminist boogeyman" as much as it was Whedon having to hear an encylopedia's worth of criticism every single time he logs onto Twitter. Yeah it's like the "pussy" thing to do but it ain't unreasonable to be like "ok gently caress this noise I need some quiet."
He's responsible for the Firefly fandom, he can rot in hell.

Moola posted:

black widow is the best avagina
:golfclap:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Father Wendigo posted:

I watched Firefly when I was 16 or something and really liked it, tried rewatching it a few years ago, I couldn't even get past the first episode, that show is insufferable as poo poo.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Parallax Scroll posted:

I think the rule is "if you are a Marvel but you are not an X-Man you are an avenger" but I don't know marvel stuff in general

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I bet superman would like my johnson, and I think about it sometimes.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Father Wendigo posted:

That's fair.

loquacius posted:

I think the rule is "if you are a Marvel but you are not an X-Man you are an avenger" but I don't know marvel stuff in general

It's probably easier to list major Marvel characters who haven't been an Avenger at some point in time.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

loquacius posted:

Beast has been both. Storm is an Avenger-In-Law at least.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This picture is about 10 years old. Every single Marvel character in this picture was an Avenger at some point:

There have been even more Avengers since.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
The at least three different Thors and DC characters irritate me quite a bit. Comics are weird, man. :v:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Randarkman posted:

there's a gbs poster named randarkman?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

everyone flick your eyes from this to my av to my sig really fast and die

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

A misanthrope posted:

there's a gbs poster named randarkman?

There's a fly in my soup.

Feminism is the likely culprit.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

This picture is about 10 years old. Every single Marvel character in this picture was an Avenger at some point:

There have been even more Avengers since.

Is this supposed to be like the Avengers and the Justice League together?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

loquacius posted:

Is this supposed to be like the Avengers and the Justice League together?

Yes. 2004 miniseries. Really good for a big dumb crossover. Features such poo poo as Darkseid holding an Infinity Gauntlet and Superman being able to wield Thor's hammer in the 11th hour.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

is there a link to a video of this?

Really like the animation style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Black Widow is boring.

Avengers 2 was alright, though. Don't see why Whedon got tumblr-bombed.

• Locked thread