Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Charles Bukowski posted:

I doubt I've been to anywhere fancier than The Keg. Maybe the Boathouse. Meh, fancy restaurants are for people with too much money.

the keg is pretty good, but you probably didnt appreciate it cause of goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
have you ever tried steakhouse 10 holy poo poo , great food, service, you wouldnt think it from looking at it but holy poo poo some good greek mafia goin onthere

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
An awesome little artisanal hot dog stand you've probably never heard of

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Tour D'Argent in Paris was really fancy

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
I ate at Olive Garden for my grandmother's birthday once.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

cinc sentits

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Duquesne Club about 30 years ago. I remember little beyond getting my rear end pinched by rich old women.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I tried quail 2 weeks ago

(it's really average)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
A rich girl once took me out to Per Se in NYC. That was fancy as gently caress.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I went to New Orleans once. I consider the entire trip one meal with a few naps in between

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
I had an 11-course meal at Uchi for my friend's 30th birthday, that was pretty awesome. Been to a few really nice places in France and Germany too but gently caress if I can remember the names, I know a few of them had at least one or two Michelin stars.

ChrisHansen posted:

I went to New Orleans once. I consider the entire trip one meal with a few naps in between

New Orleans loving owns foodwise. Willie Mae's is a trip, Cochon is fantastic, basically everywhere as long as it's not on Bourbon St is fantastic. Last time my friends and I went we got into town on a Thursday and got to hang out and have Chris McMillian serve us drinks for a few hours without any other people at the bar.

Jesus Christ fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 9, 2015

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ChrisHansen posted:

ya new orleaans is the deeks

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Oh sorry, you won't be able to get a reservation.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Jesus Christ posted:

I had an 11-course meal at Uchi for my friend's 30th birthday, that was pretty awesome.

Uchi is the poo poo, all jokes aside it is the best fancy restaurant in Texas hands down, imo. I somehow dropped 200 sitting at the bar with a date didn't even order any alcohol, was still very satisfied.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i am in culinary school full-time during the day so most people assume i eat gourmet food all day but my real diet consists of 99cent microwave burritos, old pieces of bread that are supposed to be thrown out and diet mountain dew

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Wizzle posted:

'Sup Alinea buddy?!

I went Eleven Madison Park in February. It was pretty amazing.

would rather eat a 4 dollar steak i grilled up myself than this any day

visual aesthetics of food and "plating" is garbage

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
My girlfriend and I went to a fancy sushi place that ended up costing me $120 (with no drinks). To be fair it was fantastic sushi, but I'm not sure that it was $120-worth of enjoyment.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

the great deceiver posted:

i am in culinary school full-time during the day so most people assume i eat gourmet food all day but my real diet consists of 99cent microwave burritos, old pieces of bread that are supposed to be thrown out and diet mountain dew

people assume that cuase you are so obese, OP hate to burst your bubble

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

dad gay. so what posted:

people assume that cuase you are so obese, OP hate to burst your bubble

yes its true dad gay but it still makes me sad

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

the great deceiver posted:

yes its true dad gay but it still makes me sad

sorry the culinary school is a good idea, big guys look fancy in cook suits as long as it isnt dennys or something

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

and dont cook the sorry poo poo you were talking about

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Sequoia DC is pretty spiffy.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

dad gay. so what posted:

and dont cook the sorry poo poo you were talking about

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I went to a new pizza place here that was next to somewhere with valet parking. Also it was like a month and a half after it opened and the wait was still over two hours long and I'm pretty sure wait times directly correlate to fanciness.

I turned around and left and got a burger instead because gently caress that.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I had Uchiko a few weeks ago and it was pretty dang good as well

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
McDonald's has fancy ketchup.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dave_Indeed posted:

McDonald's has fancy ketchup.

indeed

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

chipotle

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I went to a Red Robins that had a lot of pretty waiters.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Sorry I meant waitresses.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I been to Perkins

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Wizzle posted:

'Sup Alinea buddy?!

I went Eleven Madison Park in February. It was pretty amazing.

So did you eat before or after you visited this place? That isn't enough food to fill up a baby.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Bern's in Tampa, FL. It was pretty cool.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Frank Viola posted:

Bern's in Tampa, FL. It was pretty cool.

I went to Kens Winghouse in Tampa once. It's like hooters, but butts.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
my kitchen :smug:

not sure actually. probably some ultra expensive steak house or seafood restaurant. there are lots of nice restaurants where i live though that dont necessarily cost a fortune. i dont really like going to the super fancy expensive places and not only because i can't afford to. waiters stay all over you doing dumb bullshit like clearing crumbs with that little tool and trying to direct your meal and doing all these extra wine rituals. i dont need all that going on.

the one thing i do like about the really fancy places is when you order coffee for dessert they will often bring you a personal press.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

my kitchen :smug:

not sure actually. probably some ultra expensive steak house or seafood restaurant. there are lots of nice restaurants where i live though that dont necessarily cost a fortune. i dont really like going to the super fancy expensive places and not only because i can't afford to. waiters stay all over you doing dumb bullshit like clearing crumbs with that little tool and trying to direct your meal and doing all these extra wine rituals. i dont need all that going on.

the one thing i do like about the really fancy places is when you order coffee for dessert they will often bring you a personal press.

ya i like steakhouse 10 cause of that - it looks like a shithole (like u irl lol) but they loving do it up like nobodys business

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

dad gay. so what posted:

ya i like steakhouse 10 cause of that - it looks like a shithole (like u irl lol) but they loving do it up like nobodys business

shut up bitch!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

I used to work for the largest money manager in the world and in a high position and as such I went to many fancy dinners far, far, far beyond my own price range.

They all looked like this. $100 a plate for some squiggles and squirts. I once spent like 100$ on a glass of scotch on top of a loving terrible meal that likely cost like $300.

Rich people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

redshirt posted:

I used to work for the largest money manager in the world and in a high position and as such I went to many fancy dinners far, far, far beyond my own price range.

They all looked like this. $100 a plate for some squiggles and squirts. I once spent like 100$ on a glass of scotch on top of a loving terrible meal that likely cost like $300.

Rich people!

some people just like to watch the world eat food...

• Locked thread