Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Sodomy, robust, and ryang, I am good pretty much whenever with the exception of 4 am - 2 pm central. It will be difficult to work around Sodomy being half a day ahead of the other three of us, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Could we perhaps create a skype group for everyone?

It's way easier to organize times in a chat than on the forums.

My skype is Irregular programming if people think it's a good idea.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 12, 2015

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Just posting my schedule for the railway barons that are going to trounce me. I work weekdays and I get off at 5pm Eastern. I have a few obligations outside of work so I can be pretty flexible. I have a blacksmithing class this weekend during the day, and if my friends are free I spend Sunday afternoons playing tabletop games. Contact me through PMs or through Steam to further co-ordinate.

I can make a Skype account if that's the best way. My last account has a misspelling in the name and I'm too ashamed to use it again.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

poo poo, looks like I missed the cutoff. No doubt it would've eventually got where everyone could get together but me and they decided to play without me anyway, like the last couple times :smith:

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
I should be available around 8:30 EST tomorrow and about 8 am to 12 pm the day after if my group is available at that time.

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!
I'm available pretty much whenever, barring mystery circumstances. Tomorrow i'm busy starting 10 AM PST but that's probably not gonna clash.

My Skype username is cyber952, displayed as my regular name.

Bubz
Mar 11, 2012

That British Guy posted:

I think you need 6 rounds otherwise you could throw the first 3 rounds to get an easy 4th round. the 5th round should be 3rd 4th 5th and 6th and then the top 2 from that 5th round go onto the finals with the top 2 from the 4th round upper bracket. this way it incentivises you to do well so you have to play one less game. but that's just my opinion.

That's a pretty good idea! Throwing the first rounds is risky since you're out if you're in the bottom 4, but the sixth round makes it more secure. I'm good with doing that :)

Regarding availability, bowmore, Factor Mystic and Fredrik1, I'm usually available from about now (10am UTC to 1pm UTC) or on the weekends. Let's pick a date for this poo poo.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

raditts posted:

poo poo, looks like I missed the cutoff. No doubt it would've eventually got where everyone could get together but me and they decided to play without me anyway, like the last couple times :smith:

drat, thought you were in the Steam group and would've gotten the notification. :( Well, want me to list you as a potential stand-in/champion, in case one's needed?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I won't be available for a few days from now, internet is out atm

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

OptimusShr posted:

I should be available around 8:30 EST tomorrow and about 8 am to 12 pm the day after if my group is available at that time.
I think that's the middle of the night for me, unfortunately. I'm available pretty much all of today until 11pm-ish (BST) and most of tomorrow and the day after, but only in the evening on the weekend.

e: wait, no it's not the middle of the night, it's the middle of the day. I am a silly. 8.30 or 8 til 12 will be fine.

My Skype is paulrvarley@hotmail.com

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 13, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Major Isoor posted:

drat, thought you were in the Steam group and would've gotten the notification. :( Well, want me to list you as a potential stand-in/champion, in case one's needed?

Sure, I love me some trainz either way.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Alright, let's try this. I propose a game for my group on Friday, May 15, at 6 PM (-6:00 US Central).

If the time doesn't work for you, feel free to counter.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Fredrik1 posted:

Could we perhaps create a skype group for everyone?

It's way easier to organize times in a chat than on the forums.

My skype is Irregular programming if people think it's a good idea.

Bubz posted:

Regarding availability, bowmore, Factor Mystic and Fredrik1, I'm usually available from about now (10am UTC to 1pm UTC) or on the weekends. Let's pick a date for this poo poo.

bowmore posted:

I won't be available for a few days from now, internet is out atm

I'm available now and any evening EST, but I'm guessing we're waiting on bowmore. Also I'm signed into steam all the time so we can figure out scheduling in real time if need be.

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

Shadow225 posted:

Alright, let's try this. I propose a game for my group on Friday, May 15, at 6 PM (-6:00 US Central).

If the time doesn't work for you, feel free to counter.

I can do this.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
My group wasn't able to get together last night but I am free tonight and Saturday and Sunday morning. Worst case I have Monday and Tuesday off so that may work out better.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I too can take Monday or Tuesday off. I'll be free tonight but I don't know what time it'll be for Paul. It sounded like early morning stuff for us was best for him, but I usually work at 8:30. It'd be great to knock it out early on the weekend, but I can't do that this weekend. So if we can't do it tonight and the only times people are free on Sat/Sun are between 9 and 3 EST, we can do it some other time.

I'd prefer to take Tuesday off, since The Witcher III comes out that day and I'd get the most bang for my vacation sick day buck.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 15, 2015

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Robust Laser posted:

I can do this.

Sodomy and Ryang?

RYang
Dec 5, 2012
I have my last final exam this evening and am moving out tomorrow, so unfortunately that doesn't work for me. Sorry. Next week my schedule is much more flexible; would 6 PM Monday work?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I have to work at 7 pm. 6 Tuesday?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Group 1-2, I'm now open for the rest of the weekend so pick whenever and I'll do it.

Bubz
Mar 11, 2012
bowmore, let us know when you are back on deck and we'll get the choo choo happening!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Random Stranger posted:

Group 1-2, I'm now open for the rest of the weekend so pick whenever and I'll do it.

OptimusShr posted:

My group wasn't able to get together last night but I am free tonight and Saturday and Sunday morning. Worst case I have Monday and Tuesday off so that may work out better.

I had the wrong dates for my blacksmithing class, so I'm suddenly free all weekend. Let's pick a time, maybe Sunday morning (8-9ish AM EST?). It looked like that translated into Paul's timezone as being in the middle of the day. I wanna play some train game!

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

Factor Mystic posted:

I'm available now and any evening EST, but I'm guessing we're waiting on bowmore. Also I'm signed into steam all the time so we can figure out scheduling in real time if need be.

Yeah, basically waiting for bowmore, I'm more or less free whenever next week any time after that will be more difficult though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm available tomorrow

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

I had the wrong dates for my blacksmithing class, so I'm suddenly free all weekend. Let's pick a time, maybe Sunday morning (8-9ish AM EST?). It looked like that translated into Paul's timezone as being in the middle of the day. I wanna play some train game!

Can we go just a little later than that. I'm going to be sleeping off a bender at 7am. :v:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Random Stranger posted:

Can we go just a little later than that. I'm going to be sleeping off a bender at 7am. :v:

I don't want to lose my tactical advantage, but I don't mind pushing it back. Just let us know when you expect you gin-soaked body to be survivable.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

I don't want to lose my tactical advantage, but I don't mind pushing it back. Just let us know when you expect you gin-soaked body to be survivable.

10 am eastern should work. I should be awake by that point.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I'm working Sunday sorry, though I should be available after 7pm, 7.30 at the latest - mid-afternoon for America, I guess. Also, as a heads up, the last day I'll be available is the 24th, as I'm on holiday to Paris after that.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 16, 2015

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Paul.Power posted:

I'm working Sunday sorry, though I should be available after 7pm, 7.30 at the latest - mid-afternoon for America, I guess. Also, as a heads up, the last day I'll be available is the 24th, as I'm on holiday to Paris after that.

Works for me. I think that would be 12p for Random Stranger and 1p for Optimus and me. I'll be hanging out on Steam around then.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Yep. That sounds like it should be solid for all of us.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

Yep. That sounds like it should be solid for all of us.

Unfortunately no, I work in the afternoon tomorrow and won't get home until about 8ppm my time.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Hmm. Well, I'm free all of Monday, although I appreciate most people work that day. If you guys can find a time for Monday, I should be able to make it as long as it's not the middle of the night.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Shadow225 posted:

I can do this.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

bowmore posted:

I'm available tomorrow

Ok, tomorrow is now today! I'll be available on steam all the rest of today, let's try and get all online and play,

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

Shadow225 posted:

I can dig it. One should usually assume I'm available on weekdays.

Bubz
Mar 11, 2012
Alright, bowmore and I are here, probably for a couple of hours. Fredrik and Factor Mystic?

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

Bubz posted:

Alright, bowmore and I are here, probably for a couple of hours. Fredrik and Factor Mystic?

I can do it

But I probably need to go if we don't start soonish.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
I'll be online all day so if everyone else in my group gets online we can do this thing. Will do same thing tomorrow in case we don't do it today.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Paul.Power posted:

Hmm. Well, I'm free all of Monday, although I appreciate most people work that day. If you guys can find a time for Monday, I should be able to make it as long as it's not the middle of the night.

OptimusShr posted:

I'll be online all day so if everyone else in my group gets online we can do this thing. Will do same thing tomorrow in case we don't do it today.

I get off work at 5p my time, which I believe is 11p Paul time. If that's not too late, I'll be on and looking at Steam around that time. I've got some chores to take care of, so I might be in and out until we get everyone settled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I get off work at 5p my time, which I believe is 11p Paul time. If that's not too late, I'll be on and looking at Steam around that time. I've got some chores to take care of, so I might be in and out until we get everyone settled.
Should be able to manage that.

• Locked thread