Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
id kill myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
you lying piece of poo poo

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Darkman Fanpage posted:

id kill myself

I'd eat your corpse.

Cheers, Mate.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

dr_rat posted:

I'd eat your corpse.

Cheers, Mate.

Joke's on you because he probably poisoned himself.

esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

Some asshole told me to get fucked and eat shit so I got fucked and ate shit
Anyone know what's the deal with Larry and Barry??

Assuming theyre some kind of mutations, but I dont think they touched on that stuff much

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

peak debt posted:

Joke's on you because he probably poisoned himself.

Meals, a meal. May as well ride to Valhalla on a full stomach.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

esn2500 posted:

Assuming theyre some kind of mutations, but I dont think they touched on that stuff much

they're tumors. its implied in the opening that there was a nuclear war so there's lots of radiation swirling around causing mutations in everybody born into that world. hence one of the reasons joe is so obsessed with getting the women back beyond them being his sex slaves, he wants them because they have minimal birth defects and so might sire him a viable heir.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

esn2500 posted:

Not sure if it was explicitly stated, but pretty it was implied they were tumors. What ever they were, they slowly killing him and there was apparently nothing he could do to stop it.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Darkman Fanpage posted:

they're tumors. its implied in the opening that there was a nuclear war so there's lots of radiation swirling around causing mutations in everybody born into that world. hence one of the reasons joe is so obsessed with getting the women back beyond them being his sex slaves, he wants them because they have minimal birth defects and so might sire him a viable heir.

also why there was the emphasis from the medic on 'he was perfect in every way'

no mutations

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

dr_rat posted:

Not sure if it was explicitly stated, but pretty it was implied they were tumors. What ever they were, they slowly killing him and there was apparently nothing he could do to stop it.

he nods his head towards the two giant lumps at the base of his neck when he names them

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes
They're the little tumors with smiley faces drawn on them that Nux has.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Necc0 posted:

he nods his head towards the two giant lumps at the base of his neck when he names them

Not all lumps are tumors :colbert:

But yeah they were almost certainly tumors.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Saw this yesterday.

It was very good. Michael Bay take notes please

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

He says they're gonna squish his windpipe eventually right? Or the something fever is going to get him. :rip:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

seems like the radiation has past and now they are dealing with aftereffects like after chernobyl. no one is worried about becoming deformed, hence Rictus' joy/anguish over losing a brother that was perfect.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

esn2500 posted:

Yeah I wonder what the two giant explicitly fatal growing lumps on a guy in the radioactive wasteland are.

Oh also the warboys are all described as having "half-lives" [you know, like radiation] just to really really hammer it home.

What I'm trying to say is you're dumb.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

He says they're gonna squish his windpipe eventually right? Or the something fever is going to get him. :rip:

Luckily he died historic-like on tha FURY ROAD

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Whoever hates this movie can suck a Fury Chode

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

captainoblivious posted:

Flamethrower guitar guy just keeps on shredding no matter what, it was a pretty good movie.
He was taking a nap once.

That part was funny, like, we got to see behind the meth fueled bender. Once in a while you take a 30 second nap.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
WHO RUN MRA TOWN

esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

Disgusting Coward posted:

Yeah I wonder what the two giant explicitly fatal growing lumps on a guy in the radioactive wasteland are.

Oh also the warboys are all described as having "half-lives" [you know, like radiation] just to really really hammer it home.

What I'm trying to say is you're dumb.

Wait....

It's a tumor??

esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

Darkman Fanpage posted:

gracias amigo

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Nux said "for a while Larry and Barry let up on his windpipe" so maybe when he's all adrenalined out its like an asthma inhaler.

Then he said if Larry and Barry didn't get him, the "night fevers" would.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Armchair Calvinist posted:

Saw this yesterday.

It was very good. Michael Bay take notes please

Bad boys 2 definitely had influence on this movie. Pain & gain was also great, he can make good movies... He usually just takes in billions with lovely transformers, cause money.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Best movie based on a 1970's property since Guardians of the Galaxy.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Bad boys 2 definitely had influence on this movie. Pain & gain was also great, he can make good movies... He usually just takes in billions with lovely transformers, cause money.

Actually the billions made from transformers are entirely the fault of the chinese population

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Best movie based on a 1970's property since Guardians of the Galaxy.

Actually the billions made from transformers are entirely the fault of the chinese population

I liked the bit from the recent one in which the Hong Kong government desperately calls in help from the PRC.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
bad boys 2 was garbage

Homers BBBq
Mar 11, 2008
Trip report, I saw it in 2d and enjoyed it a lot but I think overall Road Warrior was better. Worst part of the movie was Furiosa's one attempt at "gasoline". Best part was that it was loud as gently caress. I had seen the doof mobile in trailers but I didn't realize there are bunch of dudes playing drums on the back. When they first lowered that vehicle down, it was :rock: x1000.

Someone brought a young child into the theater about 20 minutes into the movie. They must have thought they just had to wait out a trailer because it took about 2 minutes before the kid was screaming and they promptly left.

The Soundtrack owns.

Doof Arrives:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8lebbgyopg

Chapter Doof (lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQBnlWAMq_Q

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i look forward to reports of children spraying silver paint over their mouthes, yelling"WITNESS ME" and jumping into traffic

And it will be metal as gently caress.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

This movie was fuckign insane

Was there a "making of" film on youtube or something? or at least something where they show a bit about how they did the stunts and poo poo, because I think I saw something about that before I went to watch it.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i look forward to reports of children spraying silver paint over their mouthes, yelling"WITNESS ME" and jumping into traffic

Gobblecoque posted:

gently caress dude it made me want to spray paint my mouth and suicide charge a grenade stick into a car so i could get into valhalla :black101:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ahahaha

quote:

For example, does Max have an opinion about being strapped to a car and driven into a war-zone? How unusual is this in the context of a wholly alien world? I do know it’s less unusual to be a bleeding hood ornament on the Fury Road than it is in our world (because Max isn’t crying and/or screaming about it as you would expect any normal person to do… also the massive blood loss he’s experienced doesn’t ever really seem to affect him), but I don’t know how different this is from day-to-day life in this hellscape, because no one gets to tell me; I also know that I don’t really see anyone else in that situation over the course of the film. I could really use Max’s voice to answer a whole bunch of questions…

hmm

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I too need someone to explain to me in clear terms whether being strapped to a car hood and tortured is bad or not. I am easily confused about these things.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Maybe being a vampire death cultist's hood ornament is just another ho-hum 9-to-5 day in the wasteland??? if only Tom Hardy didn't have a big spiky thing bolted to his face so he could tell us whether this is hosed up or not

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

This movie was good.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Maybe being a vampire death cultist's hood ornament is just another ho-hum 9-to-5 day in the wasteland??? if only Tom Hardy didn't have a big spiky thing bolted to his face so he could tell us whether this is hosed up or not

They could've added silent movie style title cards explaining poo poo ok

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Randarkman posted:

This movie was fuckign insane

Was there a "making of" film on youtube or something? or at least something where they show a bit about how they did the stunts and poo poo, because I think I saw something about that before I went to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9kK-CbqH0k

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

all the waboys have them, the elite one serving under Furiosa on the War Rig has one so huge it looks like someone shoved a pinecone into the side of his neck. there's the radiation, regular old illnesses (black plague caused growths like that), and if they're huffing actual chromium then that would most def give you massive throat/lung cancer.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
fun movie that was good but is being massively overrated by hype machine

also it was almost strangely non-violent for what it was trying to be

probably could've been pg-13 pretty easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
Australian of the year award for George Miller please.

• Locked thread