Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

so do you refuse to treat language as anything other than prescriptive, or are you just so much of a sperglord that you don't understand that it's possible for language to be anything but prescriptive

No.

Agag posted:

Where is the formal academic response to these quack theories propagated by weird creeps on the Internet? Obviously the Cathedral fears the truth.

The response is gender studies, women's studies and queer studies. The bulk of knowledge in those disciplines supports meta males and fully disproves any possibility of an inherent hierarchy outside of societal constrains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Paladinus posted:

No.

The response is gender studies, women's studies and queer studies. The bulk of knowledge in those disciplines supports meta males and fully disproves any possibility of an inherent hierarchy outside of societal constrains.

But did they specifically address BronanTheBarbarian's blog post about white knights? No. Because they fear the truth.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Agag posted:

But did they specifically address BronanTheBarbarian's blog post about white knights? No. Because they fear the truth.

Make no mistake, students attending those courses often bring things like that for critical analysis. Some blog posts even inspire theses. It's just that posters of those blogs are on the outside of academic discourse and as such often fail to find refutations to their half-baked theories.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Make no mistake, students attending those courses often bring things like that for critical analysis. Some blog posts even inspire theses. It's just that posters of those blogs are on the outside of academic discourse and as such often fail to find refutations to their half-baked theories.

Is it like "outsider art" where a gallery owner finds a homeless guy who paints with his own poo poo and sells the paintings to rick assholes?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Agag posted:

Is it like "outsider art" where a gallery owner finds a homeless guy who paints with his own poo poo and sells the paintings to rick assholes?

In a way, but no one is exploited in the process.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

porkchop_express posted:

does sentient dong have psionic powers tia vendagoat

I'll tickle your prefrontal cortex

Buffer Overflow
Sep 3, 2006
Interweb Addict
Honestly being an alpha male isn't nearly as great as you think it would be. Sure, the sex with random hot women multiple times a week is great, at first. After a while it gets kind of tiring and sometimes I'd really like take a break and work on something relaxing like leveling up a WoW character.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
I'm a pre-alpha male, hit me up now before my graphics get downgraded for optimization

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I have a younger, chubby second cousin from missouri who describes everything he sees others doing or anything he does as alpha or beta actions. He also owns a poo poo ton of guns, is really fascinated by the columbine school shooting and equates not owning a gun to not wearing a seat belt. Plus thinks weed and drinking is for losers.

p. fuckin alpha

Linux Pirate fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 26, 2015

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
ya you gotta be pretty dumb to think humans have pack like behavior

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Linux Pirate posted:

I have a younger, chubby second cousin from missouri who describes everything he sees others doing or anything he does as alpha or beta actions. He also owns a poo poo ton of guns, is really fascinated by the columbine school shooting and equates not owning a gun to not wearing a seat belt. Plus thinks weed and drinking is for losers.

p. fuckin alpha

whats his name on reddit?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

you're one or the other; you're being strictly prescriptive in defiance of the reality of language, it's just a matter of why

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
It's just a figure of speech. Don't take it so literally.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
OP is a fedora.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
But that's pretty OK.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

you're one or the other; you're being strictly prescriptive in defiance of the reality of language, it's just a matter of why

I didn't say no to both parts of your question.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

whats his name on reddit?

HarrisAndKleboldDidNothingWrong

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
you forgot omega males, OP

googled it for you, like you suggested: http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmith_300/384_5-signs-you-are-an-omega-male.html

maybe a significant percentage of this forum?

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kanthulhu posted:

"Meta male" sounds like you are gay.

it makes you sound like a dude who loves his fiber, which is the least gay thing you can love

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ninotoreS posted:

you forgot omega males, OP

googled it for you, like you suggested: http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmith_300/384_5-signs-you-are-an-omega-male.html

maybe a significant percentage of this forum?

It loving doesn't matter, alright? What is there not to understand? Don't be a dick and read a proper source like wiki or something.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Is a monk an omega male

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

i am alive

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm a Z fighter like Goku

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

vug posted:

Is a monk an omega male

No, because no one really is. But being a meta male makes a person more like a god in that it unleashes creative and non-aggressive expression, if that's what you wanted to ask.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

it makes you sound like a dude who loves his fiber, which is the least gay thing you can love

Bitches like regularity and stability.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Paladinus posted:

It loving doesn't matter, alright? What is there not to understand? Don't be a dick and read a proper source like wiki or something.

omega ^

Just kidding! but not really

FYI, all these labels come from wolf pack social order, don't they? I think also chimps. So they're real in that sense. Including 'omega'. Every pack has an omega, its job seems to be to provide the betas someone to bully so they can feel better about themselves. Makes ya think.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Wolves form prison gangs in captivity, but what do they use in place of cigarettes as currency?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Ronwayne posted:

Wolves form prison gangs in captivity, but what do they use in place of cigarettes as currency?

same thing the real prisoners use: dick sucking

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Actually the Greek letter human classification system is proven science, OP. It's based on immutable biotruths and also Brave New World.
But it's not unusual for beta bitches like yourself to whine about it.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
early access male

reta male

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Applewhite posted:

Actually the Greek letter human classification system is proven science, OP. It's based on immutable biotruths and also Brave New World.

Even if it were true (which it isn't) I chose to deny it and ascended to being a meta male. You know what else is natural? Rape. But meta males don't rape anyone, because rape is only possible in a system that perpetuates power hierarchies. What more obvious proof do you need?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
meta male unite!!!!!!!!!!1111

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
whoa pulling out the hard truths with the rape thing though

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Even if it were true (which it isn't) I chose to deny it and ascended to being a meta male. You know what else is natural? Rape. But meta males don't rape anyone, because rape is only possible in a system that perpetuates power hierarchies. What more obvious proof do you need?

^^^^
The most Beta post of the year

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i hope you can afford proper qa, metacritic takes no prisoners

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
You're implying that we are somehow, "different" than animals in fundamental behaviors, despite evolving directly from them?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Applewhite posted:

and Brave New World is actually a description of a utopia. it's all starting to make sense now, i think

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Giblet Plus! posted:

You're implying that we are somehow, "different" than animals in fundamental behaviors, despite evolving directly from them?
culture is essentially just a really zany way of transferring energy from one entity to another, babies are just piles of carbon designed to be pathetic enough to elicit pity

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

quakster posted:

culture is essentially just a really zany way of transferring energy from one entity to another, babies are just piles of carbon designed to be pathetic enough to elicit pity

lol "designed."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

America Rocks
Mar 23, 2007
im gayta male

• Locked thread