Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Someone mentioned a blind LP of Witcher 3 over in the Sandcastle and that would be pretty neat if someone did that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Valkyria Chronicles 2 is done, forever, ever.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
OP updated.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
There are a few games that I'd like to add to the list. First is Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands on whatever system is convenient (I heard there are differences between the Wii version and the other consoles/PC, and while it'd be nice to see the differences I'll leave it up to the LPer); I checked the master list and the videos for a previous LP are all gone. Second is DemiKids (version doesn't matter) on the GBA; the previous LP is also gone. The rest is the Star Ocean series; the first two games can be played on the PSP, the third is on PS2, and the fourth can be on either XBox 360 or PS3.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Manhunt LP has finished.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 20, 2015

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

There's this weird Yu-Gi-Oh adaption for PS2 called Duelist of the Roses set in Alt-History war-of-the-roses-era England with characters from the anime in place of historical figures and turn-based strategy gameplay. My memory of it is fuzzy and very rose-tinted, but there's a good chance the plot is mock-able enough or the gameplay is deep enough that an LP would work.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Just letting everyone know that the Dead Space 3 LP by CJacobs and co. is 100% finished as of today.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Looked in the master list and tried searching the forums, and don't see one there yet, so I'd like to put in a request for Witcher 2.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Khisanth Magus posted:

Looked in the master list and tried searching the forums, and don't see one there yet, so I'd like to put in a request for Witcher 2.

Like a year ago there were two LPs of the Witcher 2 going at the same time, but it's such a dense rear end game that I'm not surprised neither of them finished or got archived.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Lazyfire posted:

Like a year ago there were two LPs of the Witcher 2 going at the same time, but it's such a dense rear end game that I'm not surprised neither of them finished or got archived.

I'll have to see if I can find them in the archives, since I didn't see em in the master list. Will add em to the list if I find them I guess.

EDIT: Looks like the one by VivaVizer at http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3567458&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 was actually finished. I will add it to the master list.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 24, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'm just going to ahead and say that no one here will probably ever be able to LP Witcher 3 unless they go insane in the process.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 24, 2015

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?

Accordion Man posted:

I'm just going to ahead and say that no one here will probably ever be able to LP Witcher 3 unless they go insane in the process.

That will probably be me eventually. :holy:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Accordion Man posted:

Paging Nine Gear Crow. Nine Gear Crow please report to the LP Request Thread.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Buckle up, Artix, there's an LP on the horizon after you finish this Final Fantasy business.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Paging Nine Gear Crow. Nine Gear Crow please report to the LP Request Thread.

I don't know how you can compare it to White Knight Chronicles because
1) The Witcher games are actually solid

and

2) Geralt isn't always the biggest idiot in the world.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazyfire posted:

I don't know how you can compare it to White Knight Chronicles because
1) The Witcher games are actually solid

and

2) Geralt isn't always the biggest idiot in the world.

It has nothing to do with the quality of the games, but more that NGC has probably gone insane from WKC and is therefore a great candidate to sacrifice himself to the LP Request Gods

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

NGC is stuck deep in the killzone.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'd do it myself if only I could actually be entertaining but Monkey Puncher

You train monkeys for boxing matches:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Fear not, friends. For in the coming days I shall soon be liberated from Killzone.

I'm not doing the goddamn Witcher 3 though :colbert:

Sorry.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Somebody do Extermination, please. It's a PS2 launch title survival horror lightly touched by SWERY.

But don't to the dull NTSC version

Listen to the friendly chat carefully

Do the awesome PAL one

Listen again... and again...

And my personal intro favourite, the ice cliff line. Then skip to about 8:10 for two the jumping tutorial lines.

Basically, in the PAL release everyone sounds heavily drunk and/or severely hung over while pretending to be American. :allears:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I would like to request the Tales games that haven't been LP'd yet. They include, but are not limited to: Tales of Destiny (PSX), Tales of Destiny 2 (PS2) (if it's possible), Tales of Legendia (PS2), Tales of Hearts (Vita), and Tales of the Tempest (DS) (again if possible).

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Tales of the Tempest (DS) (again if possible).

There's an English fan translation so it's very possible to not have someone need to translate it on-the-go. The problem is finding someone who hates fun enough to play it (more than once).

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Someone should play all of the Harry Potter games.

All of them.

Every single one.

In order.

Or just some of them, I dunno. I like bad movie games, and I played too many of the Harry Potter ones when I was younger.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

KittyEmpress posted:

All of them.

Every single one.

In order.

Or just some of them, I dunno. I like bad movie games, and I played too many of the Harry Potter ones when I was younger.

I actually own the first three games, both on PC and GBC/GBA, beaten all of them (except Azkaban on GBA) and yet this idea has somehow never crossed my mind until today.

Maybe I should see if the PC ones run on Windows 7. The only one I wonder about is Sorcerer's Stone, it's preeeeetty old.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Whoever was asking to see the Witcher games done may need to wait for someone to do a SSLP of the first game because it is talky as hell. Just like the books. It would actually be better if someone who had read the books came in and explained things that the game has in dialog as they ran from point to point rather than talking to everyone because the game is buggy and glitchy and at times it looks like someone's half assed Half-Life 2 mod.

It's still oddly fun.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Dragonatrix posted:

The problem is finding someone who hates fun enough to play it (more than once).

If the Lunar: Dragon Song and White Knight Chronicles LPs are any indication, I don't think that's a problem (and I suppose getting the title in people's minds will help speed things along).

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 30, 2015

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Lazyfire posted:

Whoever was asking to see the Witcher games done may need to wait for someone to do a SSLP of the first game because it is talky as hell. Just like the books. It would actually be better if someone who had read the books came in and explained things that the game has in dialog as they ran from point to point rather than talking to everyone because the game is buggy and glitchy and at times it looks like someone's half assed Half-Life 2 mod.

It's still oddly fun.

I'm probably the only one, but I prefer the combat in the first one to the second one (I haven't played the 3rd one yet). I kind of hated it at first, but once I had the hang of it I loved it.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

Lazyfire posted:

It's still oddly fun.

I'm doing a vlp of the first game, it's just been on hiatus for a long time cause irl stuff. I plan on continuing it sometime in the future though.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Haerc posted:

I'm probably the only one, but I prefer the combat in the first one to the second one (I haven't played the 3rd one yet). I kind of hated it at first, but once I had the hang of it I loved it.

You are not the only one. The first Witcher has a pretty unique take on combat that isn't the most immediately intuitive, but it's flavorful, emphasizes proper preparation and knowledge of your foes, and doesn't require much in the way of twitch skills. Then for some reason in 2 they decided to go with a generic third person melee combat system that's got little to recommend it and plenty of clunkiness and frustration. And I hear the combat in 3 isn't much better. It's a shame.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

malkav11 posted:

You are not the only one. The first Witcher has a pretty unique take on combat that isn't the most immediately intuitive, but it's flavorful, emphasizes proper preparation and knowledge of your foes, and doesn't require much in the way of twitch skills. Then for some reason in 2 they decided to go with a generic third person melee combat system that's got little to recommend it and plenty of clunkiness and frustration. And I hear the combat in 3 isn't much better. It's a shame.

You say this, but I spent two minutes last night trying to get Geralt to attack a guy on a slight incline.

The first game was built on a Bioware platform and is sort of Knights of the Old Republic style stuff, including the floating numbers and battle pausing.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lazyfire posted:

You say this, but I spent two minutes last night trying to get Geralt to attack a guy on a slight incline.

The first game was built on a Bioware platform and is sort of Knights of the Old Republic style stuff, including the floating numbers and battle pausing.

It was made using the Aurora Engine used for Neverwinter Nights 1. So even older.
I had toyed with the idea of it, but my current setup can't even play it on low settings without lagging terribly.
Also, that would be a shitload of words.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I can't wrap my head around liking the first Witcher's combat. Hating both makes sense, but liking the first is baffling. It's just selecting the appropriate sword and fighting style and clicking every 2ish second to keep your combo going until everything is dead. That's it. At least the second has you moving and dodging and poo poo.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

Honestly the combat was the biggest pain of lpin it. Listening to loads of dialog is at least interesting!

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Color Printer posted:

I actually own the first three games, both on PC and GBC/GBA, beaten all of them (except Azkaban on GBA) and yet this idea has somehow never crossed my mind until today.

Maybe I should see if the PC ones run on Windows 7. The only one I wonder about is Sorcerer's Stone, it's preeeeetty old.

The earlier games have something like 5 different versions (PC,PS1,PS2/Gamecube,GBC,GBA) that are basically completely different except for the story so have fun with that.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I've found another series of games to request: the Tomb Raider series. This includes, but is not limited to: Tomb Raider III (PC/PSN), Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (PC/PSN), Tomb Raider Chronicles (PC/PSN), Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness (PC/PS2), and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PC/PS4/XBone).

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

KittyEmpress posted:

All of them.

Every single one.

In order.

An LP of the GBC game of Chamber of Secrets recently started. I'm on the phone app and can't be assed to look it up to link.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mraagvpeine posted:

I've found another series of games to request: the Tomb Raider series. This includes, but is not limited to: Tomb Raider III (PC/PSN), Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (PC/PSN), Tomb Raider Chronicles (PC/PSN), Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness (PC/PS2), and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PC/PS4/XBone).

Any reason for those specific ones, or are they just the ones that haven't been done yet?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Any reason for those specific ones, or are they just the ones that haven't been done yet?

Just in case requesting a series is too vague I'm pointing out the specific games that don't have LPs (as well as the platform), and in case I might have missed some and not realized it someone can point that out.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Mraagvpeine posted:

Isn't Suspicious planning on getting to those? Or did he officially abandon his plan to LP all the PSX-era games?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Yes, I abandoned for good. I tried a few times to keep going but the desire to LP just isn't there anymore. Good luck to whoever decides to pick up the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I swear I remember a Tokyo Jungle (PS3) LP but can't seem to find it in the Master List, archive, or through google. Was abandoned IIRC. I wanna see some beagle armies :3:

e: oh yeah, the master list doesn't show abandoned by default. It's on there, but it would be nice to see one not in 360p

• Locked thread