Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

pnumoman posted:

Bah. Oh well.

I've said it before but http://www.adultswim.com/videos/astv/ is the greatest.
All the seasons and the specials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

TontoCorazon posted:

I've said it before but http://www.adultswim.com/videos/astv/ is the greatest.
All the seasons and the specials

I don't have cable, so not for me. Didn't know the stream was accessible for free though; I might just leave that on in the background forever now.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You can get them on the AS app but it doesn't support Chromecast which is practically criminal.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
loving KNIFE!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
One of the recommended videos is the Monarch and his wife doing fetish role playing (I don't know if there's a proper term for it) and resulting mix up was hilarious.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

The Mystery Van bit that follows looks absolutely batshit evil. I don't think I ever saw that episode.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

johntfs posted:

The Mystery Van bit that follows looks absolutely batshit evil. I don't think I ever saw that episode.

It's a great episode, get on that. Bonus points if you can identify the people they are parodying (not the scooby doo characters).

e: "¡Viva los Muertos!" is the episode name

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 12, 2015

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's a great episode, get on that. Bonus points if you can identify the people they are parodying (not the scooby doo characters).

e: "¡Viva los Muertos!" is the episode name

Val is pretty obscure but the rest are pretty recognizable.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Ithaqua posted:

Val is pretty obscure but the rest are pretty recognizable.

For what it's worth, I had never heard of Patty Hearst before I looked up that episode.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

For what it's worth, I had never heard of Patty Hearst before I looked up that episode.

I HAVE PATTY HEARST SYNDROME!

Wait, poo poo. Wrong thread, sorry.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

You hit him so hard he has an Afro now!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Lord Frisk posted:

You hit him so hard he has an Afro now!

That episode is full of hilarious quotes.

Yours is the veil of blood. Yours is the sword of Michael!

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Guy's pissing on your lawn, man!

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Viva Los Muertos is easily in my top 5. Despite being the only one not written by Doc or Jackson!

"The hell's that got to do with anything?"
"HOT DOLPHIN!"
"You're an idiot!"

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

WrathOfBlade posted:

Viva Los Muertos is easily in my top 5. Despite being the only one not written by Doc or Jackson!

"The hell's that got to do with anything?"
"HOT DOLPHIN!"
"You're an idiot!"

Yeah, but it's written by Ben Edlund from The Tick, so it's a fair trade. That episode rules.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Edlund can write for TVB because as the creator of the Tick, he created the universe that The Venture Brothers takes place in.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

And you're a tool, boy, built for a single purpose by the United States of shut your god damned third eye for a good loving reason. You can't teach a hammer to love nails. That dog won't hunt!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Abort! Brando's got us on our bellies, and he's reaching for the butter!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Wuh - One time, I am in the Amazon, on my canoe, and I see, swim, the Dolphin, the, uh, the beautiful dolphin, and I slip out of my canoe, and I grab her, this...fish...and, uh, then I hosed it...the fish!

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Toby Huss, we are not worthy.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Lord Frisk posted:

Wuh - One time, I am in the Amazon, on my canoe, and I see, swim, the Dolphin, the, uh, the beautiful dolphin, and I slip out of my canoe, and I grab her, this...fish...and, uh, then I hosed it...the fish!

his hand motions while describing this are incredible

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hanks "It's maddening." in such a hushed is great.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

AAA-LEE-EN TECH. NOL-LO-GEE!!!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

twistedmentat posted:

Hanks "It's maddening." in such a hushed is great.

His eyes are the best part there.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

That whole episode is one of my favorite hank moments, "Then I'll see you in heck!" is one of the best and I regularly use the phrase "it's maddening".

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My favorite line is unfortunately too Venture-specific for regular use, but:

"Who the gently caress is Gary!?

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Every line in that scene is solid gold.

Malignant?
Downright malevolent!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
We make a gun out of pennies!
Yes that's exactly...wait that's insane!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
IGNORE ME!!!

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Mraagvpeine posted:

IGNORE ME!!!

"God, I thought I was all done with those crappy dreams."
THAT WAS A WEIRD ONE!
"Great, you can read my mind."
IGNORE ME!... Yes I can.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Ithaqua posted:

"God, I thought I was all done with those crappy dreams."
THAT WAS A WEIRD ONE!
"Great, you can read my mind."
IGNORE ME!... Yes I can.

The way Doc cringes when the GGI shouts "IGNORE ME!" sells it.

I love that he provided a complete plot dump when he first spoke to Dr. Venture, but because they're so used to bizarre poo poo going on, and because they are so self-centered, everybody totally misses why he is there when it was literally the first thing he told them, and he was crystal clear about it. Even at the very end, "Who the hell is that?" / "Long story, just ignore him."

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
"Ladysmith Black Mombazo!" is the best instance in the series of characters using musical groups as exclamations of shock. 12 Years To Midnight is just so great.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The funniest part to me about that episode is the smash cut gag that Doc shits naked. Great callback to the Monarch's burn about snaps in the back.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I legit use "holy damnit Christmas!" from time to time.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I've got MANDALAY I'VE COME AFLAME AGAIN locked and loaded just in case the opportunity should arise.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

tarlibone posted:

The way Doc cringes when the GGI shouts "IGNORE ME!" sells it.

I love that he provided a complete plot dump when he first spoke to Dr. Venture, but because they're so used to bizarre poo poo going on, and because they are so self-centered, everybody totally misses why he is there when it was literally the first thing he told them, and he was crystal clear about it. Even at the very end, "Who the hell is that?" / "Long story, just ignore him."

He probably straight-up warns them the consequences of his judgement could be their destruction.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
"I just wanted to kick his rear end! I wanted to build a MACHINE to kick his rear end! I wanted to BUILD AN EMPIRE to HOUSE THE MACHINE to KICK HIS rear end!"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
That's my Daisy!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Another good one that proved to be a goldmine in terms of quotes and plot elements for future episodes was I Know Why the Caged Bird Kills.

(incoherent beeping)
"Jock rock" my rear end! Listen to those lyrics, man! It's all about love, and longing....
(incoherent beeping)
... Yes, and... and hobbits, too....
(incoherent beeping)
Look it's a metaphor, they, they wrote about a lot of other stuff. Why am I arguing with a robot?

My personal favorite Brock/HELPeR bit comes a little later, though:

(several moments of incoherent beeping)
That's beautiful, HELPeR, what was that, Shel Silverstein?
(incoherent beeping)
Well I don't think Maya Angelou was talking about this chick. She's as deadly as they come, and if she hurts those boys again, I'm gonna take her down permanently this time!
(incoherent beeping)
No, not Maya Angelou!

And it bears mentioning that even the episode titles are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Kesper North posted:

"I just wanted to kick his rear end! I wanted to build a MACHINE to kick his rear end! I wanted to BUILD AN EMPIRE to HOUSE THE MACHINE to KICK HIS rear end!"

Then by god, let's go take a dump in his pool!