Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Kanfy posted:

I hope they won't mess with the music too much, just having modern versions of all the tracks could be pretty amazing if done well.

At this point if it's anything less than a full live orchestra, I'll be disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElkrJSFuKc4&index=15&list=PL550006326D90FB5E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3LkKviuGKU

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jun 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Frocobo posted:

I know this is kinda a weird thing to wish for, but I hope Cloud's ultimate weapon in the remake is an "upgraded" buster sword. It has so much emotional weight (unintentional pun) behind it, being pretty much the strongest link between Cloud and Zack that it being the default, pitiful replace-as-soon-as-you-get-something-better-and-never-look-back weapon always seemed wrong on a few levels.

I joked with a friend that Remake won't allow you to change weapons so the Buster Sword will always be the best sword ever. I get where you're coming from though, it'd be neat to have like a sidequest tied to powering it up (Nibleheim flashback seems like the perfect spot). If memory serves you can't ever actually get rid of the Buster Sword at least, despite not needing it anymore from a gameplay perspective.

As long as I get to run around with the Hardedge, however briefly, I'll be happy. Also I hope that Cait Sith's VA gives unique vocal commands to the moogle for every battle action. That alone would make the game for me.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kanfy posted:

I really like VII's soundtrack but the Gold Saucer theme wears out its welcome pretty quickly even in the original so that sounds about right.

This'll be the new version of the gold saucer theme.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Man how do you even post Tour de Japon and not this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88_PGUa69aE

E: That swell at 3:40 :swoon:

mfcrocker fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jun 18, 2015

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

mfcrocker posted:

Man how do you even post Tour de Japon and not this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88_PGUa69aE

E: That swell at 3:40 :swoon:

I'm partial to this version, myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSacDaQxm0

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Ak Gara posted:

I'm partial to this version, myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSacDaQxm0

Yessss this was what I was looking for <3

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

George posted:

Was it called Excalipoor in Japanese, or was it, uh... Exocalibur? I'm thinking Excalibur but with "kuso" in there.

Excalipoop? :v:

Since apparently the FF7 remake's gonna keep the hilarious poo poo we all love from the original, how awesome do you think Palmer getting hit with a truck will be? I mean, they've got to enhance that moment.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Golden Goat posted:

It'd be pretty funny if for the cross-dressing section you collected all the best items Cloud would end up looking exactly like Lightning.

I had this exact thought

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I had this exact thought
And then you choose play the rest of the game like that, and at some point Tifa gathers the party round and tells them "starting today Cloud wants to be called Eclair"

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Cloud: "Okay i'm ready to go see the Don!"

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Vanrushal posted:

As long as I get to run around with the Hardedge, however briefly, I'll be happy.

HD Nailbat

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Golden Goat posted:

It'd be pretty funny if for the cross-dressing section you collected all the best items Cloud would end up looking exactly like Lightning.

Lightning also shows up at the Don's mansion and shenanigans ensues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Illuyankas posted:

HD Nailbat

Needs an Extra Gore modifier.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Edward_Tohr posted:

Also 1, 5, 6, 8, 9, 12....
When was he in the first game?

How Ingratiating! posted:

Excalipoop? :v:

Since apparently the FF7 remake's gonna keep the hilarious poo poo we all love from the original, how awesome do you think Palmer getting hit with a truck will be? I mean, they've got to enhance that moment.
It will show an extreme close-up of his face in slow motion as it reacts from being smashed by the truck, then a "thump" noise at normal speed. *zoom back to the party*

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Scalding Coffee posted:

When was he in the first game?

In the FFV boss dungeon added in Dawn of Souls along with Atomos, Shinryu and Omega.

If anything, the one on that list I'd say doesn't count is IX, since there it's just a dude with the same name and not the actual Gilgamesh.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dragonatrix posted:

In the FFV boss dungeon added in Dawn of Souls along with Atomos, Shinryu and Omega.

If anything, the one on that list I'd say doesn't count is IX, since there it's just a dude with the same name and not the actual Gilgamesh.

The true Gilgamesh is mentioned in FFIX but never shows up. Excalibur II has an inscription from Enkidu telling Gil that he passed up that sword for the one he really wanted, the legendary Excalipoor. Gilgamesh must have been so pleased.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I hope they further embrace the silly parts in the remake. Like letting you keep Cloud in his dress the whole game so you can recreate that one fanart someone posted earlier in the thread (can't find it).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rirse posted:

I hope they further embrace the silly parts in the remake. Like letting you keep Cloud in his dress the whole game so you can recreate that one fanart someone posted earlier in the thread (can't find it).

Wheelchair Omnislash.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Aurain posted:

Wheelchair Omnislash.

Tifa just punts a braindead Cloud at the enemies.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Golden Goat posted:

Tifa just punts a braindead Cloud at the enemies.

Something like this?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Oxxidation posted:

The true Gilgamesh is mentioned in FFIX but never shows up. Excalibur II has an inscription from Enkidu telling Gil that he passed up that sword for the one he really wanted, the legendary Excalipoor. Gilgamesh must have been so pleased.

I dunno, the 4-armed man does teleport to a different realm after revealing his name is Gilgamesh. He's shown before he's able to alter his shape and number of arms. I have no reason to think that's not him.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Something like this?

Yes, but with a wheelchair slamming into Cloud as well after he impacts.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Orchestras are played out, crazy synth and guitar are rad.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kanfy posted:

Also assuming they do it well, I'm all for the remake if it gives me modern versions of Judgement Day and Cid's Theme.

imo, Judgement Day is actually one of the best-sounding things in the original soundtrack. Sometimes tracks sound great despite being old VGM and limited by the hardware, but sometimes they just sound perfect on the hardware they're on and actually lose a bit of character when done up for an orchestra or something. Judgement Day is like that for me, so I really hope they're careful with it. :ohdear:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rirse posted:

They need to make it so you can dress everyone in drag at all times.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
DLC costumes.

Cloud: Lightning
Barrett: Sazh
Tifa: Lulu
Aeris: SERAAAAAHHH!!!
Red XIII: Angelo
Yuffie: Shadow
Vincent: Dante from the Devil May Cry series
Cid: Another Cid

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MonsieurChoc posted:

DLC costumes.

Cid: Cidney

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

:allears:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Cid: Dr. Cid

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

MonsieurChoc posted:

DLC costumes.

We can only hope it's...

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

FF8 Cid.

Also, I hope they put a skip cutscenes option in the remake and ideally some way to drastically shorten if not outright skip long conversations. How speedrunners put up with that again and again I'll never know.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

GunnerJ posted:

We can only hope it's...

I always love how Amano's drawing of Uncle Cid has him totally not putting up with your poo poo.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Bifauxnen posted:

imo, Judgement Day is actually one of the best-sounding things in the original soundtrack. Sometimes tracks sound great despite being old VGM and limited by the hardware, but sometimes they just sound perfect on the hardware they're on and actually lose a bit of character when done up for an orchestra or something. Judgement Day is like that for me, so I really hope they're careful with it. :ohdear:
I've heard that same complaint concerning the Kingdom Hearts HD versions and I agree, for some reason the inner sound processors of PS1 and PS2 systems have quite a bit of clout to them, especially concerning the bass.

Example, the original boss theme in Kingdom Hearts, that is Shrouding Dark Cloud had this really sweet bass drumline to it that was really powerful with the PS2 sound processor. When it got turned into actual orchestra on the HD version, that drumline was not as bass as it used to be and, in my opinion, detracted from the force of the song though the trumpets and flutes were still pretty sweet-rear end in the remade version.

So I agree that you need to be careful when redoing songs because it's not just a matter of simply repeating the same sheet, you have to compensate concerning new technology for it.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

MonsieurChoc posted:

That should be EVERY Cid

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

DLC costumes.

Cait Sith: Quina

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

FinalGamer posted:

I've heard that same complaint concerning the Kingdom Hearts HD versions and I agree, for some reason the inner sound processors of PS1 and PS2 systems have quite a bit of clout to them, especially concerning the bass.

Example, the original boss theme in Kingdom Hearts, that is Shrouding Dark Cloud had this really sweet bass drumline to it that was really powerful with the PS2 sound processor. When it got turned into actual orchestra on the HD version, that drumline was not as bass as it used to be and, in my opinion, detracted from the force of the song though the trumpets and flutes were still pretty sweet-rear end in the remade version.

So I agree that you need to be careful when redoing songs because it's not just a matter of simply repeating the same sheet, you have to compensate concerning new technology for it.
Dismiss sounds bad compared to the PSP version.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

DLC costumes.

What's Sephiroth's DLC outfit gonna be? He's more important and popular than everyone you listed, except maybe Cloud.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

NikkolasKing posted:

What's Sephiroth's DLC outfit gonna be? He's more important and popular than everyone you listed, except maybe Cloud.

I just want a Cloud costume for Zack, and a Zack costume for Cloud. Maximum confusion.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

NikkolasKing posted:

Also Lightning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

Genesis.

• Locked thread