Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Looks like Conte is still facing legal trouble from the match fixing charges from his time at Siena, he was indicted today.

FIGC are supposedly pushing to have the trial soon, so his status for Euro 2016 will be known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
MUNTARI IS GONE

:toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Gigi Galli posted:

MUNTARI IS GONE

Lol :getin:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I thought this was interesting but might be old hat to you guys. New stadiums are cool.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

MUNTARI IS GONE

There are reports of the same for Bonera

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

There are reports of the same for Bonera

Lads

this is better than a new signing

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

trem_two posted:

Looks like Conte is still facing legal trouble from the match fixing charges from his time at Siena, he was indicted today.

FIGC are supposedly pushing to have the trial soon, so his status for Euro 2016 will be known.

Why do all these people keep breaking kayfabe...

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That's real nice. Will there be a sponsor?

It appears, though I haven't found official confirmation, that Bonera and Mexes have had their contracts expire without action :pray:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

It appears, though I haven't found official confirmation, that Bonera and Mexes have had their contracts expire without action :pray:

But in a cruel twist of fate, the leap second makes them Milan players just thaaaaaaat much longer.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

But in a cruel twist of fate, the leap second makes them Milan players just thaaaaaaat much longer.

Don't ruin this for me, trem!!!!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lmao

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gigi Galli posted:

VW or Save the Children. I like it that it's not that poo poo from last season, but super plain without any sponsor at all.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

so what defenders does milan actually have now? did they keep de jong?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

poo poo Farm posted:

so what defenders does milan actually have now? did they keep de jong?

De Jong did sign a new contract, yeah.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

poo poo Farm posted:

so what defenders does milan actually have now?

Get ready for a bad list of clowns

Paletta, Alex, Albertazzi, De Sciglio, Abate, Antonelli, Zapata, Ely

Bocchetti went back to Spartak, Rami will probably leave (unfortunately, he's the best CB out of the lot) and I wouldn't put it past Galliani to actually re-sign Mexes.

e: How could I forget that rear end in a top hat Zaccardo, who has refused no less than 3 clubs since last year.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
It is an honor to have World Cup winner Christian Zaccardo!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Miranda to Inter is a done deal per Football Italia. No idea how much he went for but I rate Miranda quite high and think that it's going to do well for inter until FFP kicks in.

Decision about Salah tomorrow apparently. We have allegedly offer him more than his asking wage, 2.8m a season.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Soulex posted:

Decision about Salah tomorrow apparently. We have allegedly offer him more than his asking wage, 2.8m a season.

If he flops next season, Fiorentina fans will want his head.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

If he flops next season, Fiorentina fans will want his head.

Yes. We will 100%. It happened to Gomez. We aren't a club that can throw money around and need to invest wisely. If we are gonna pay a shitload for him and he fails, we are hemorrhaging money that could be better used on someone else. Viola fans are toxic when things are going poorly. I'm an example but they are worse. Whistling and jeering at home and stuff

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Viola fans are toxic when things are going poorly. I'm an example but they are worse. Whistling and jeering at home and stuff

All historically good Italian teams have this problem, really.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

All historically good Italian teams have this problem, really.

I thought we were talking about Fiorentina?

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
"Historicly good" is a super interesting way to describe Milan.....ehehehehe

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Parody Threads posted:

"Historicly good" is a super interesting way to describe Milan.....ehehehehe

Well literally everyone except Juventus is bad now so I had to think of a way of saying good and bad really.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Fiorentina has a history, first ever cup winners cup champs, few Coppa, but only one Scudetto. Not a big one but its rhere

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

mods!!!!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
"Maron’, Bonera's gone!"

what gigi and his wife love to hear

ephex fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 1, 2015

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

ephex posted:

"Maron’, Bonera's gone!"

what gigi and his wife love to hear

Lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

An interesting and awesome move from Fiorentina concerning ticket sales. Don't know how to do the fake quote though

Season ticket details for the coming Serie A campaign have been announced by Fiorentina, and there are a range of exciting options for fans to choose from.

According to ViolaNews, the club have revealed a new partnership with Findomestic Banca, to allow supporters to divide the cost of their season ticket into 9, easier to manage installments, with no interest or tax to pay. Prices have been frozen at the level of last season and loyal support is rewarded through discounts for those who had a season ticket last year and for those who purchase early. There are additional savings to be made for those under the age of 18, under 14, for students, large groups and families.

There is also a mini season ticket available for the group stages of the Europa League, which will only cost in the region of €20 for a seat in the Curva Fiesole, and will provide an opportunity to have first refusal for tickets if and (hopefully when) the team reach the group stages. Fiorentina were forward thinking enough to offer existing ticket holders the opportunity to bring a friend to the Europa League semi final for a ridiculously cheap €7 in an attempt to fill the stadium and create an electric atmosphere.

With so many measures to reward loyalty and to make watching Fiorentina affordable to fans, it is clear that filling the stadium is of paramount importance to the club. In the last four seasons, average attendances have risen from 21,477 in 2011-12 to a high of 33,098 in 2013-14, 6th in Serie A. This figure tailed off slightly last season to 30,266; which may be why we are seeing the club try to further entice supporters to purchase season tickets.

For any football club, advance sales of tickets provide an income that is guaranteed and consistent which is vital for financial forward planning and setting budgets. The marketing department also have had the foresight to promote extremely affordable tickets for children, representing an investment in the club's future. A child under 14 can buy a season ticket for as little as €95 in the Curva Fiesole - €5 per game!

In comparison to Season Ticket prices in the English Premier League, watching Fiorentina in Serie A represents excellent value. The lowest priced Arsenal season ticket would set you back a whopping £1,014, but even a season watching Stoke City would cost you £294, which is about £15.50 per game, which then converts to roughly €22, in contrast to €10 per game for the cheapest ticket in the Curva Fiesole. Even a season's live football in the English non-league is priced at as much as £285.

So a high standard of football, a passionate atmosphere at a ridiculously cheap price and seeing the beloved team in purple play live...Where do I sign? If only there wasn't the cost of the flights on top... *sigh*. Seriously though, it is hoped that the initiative will be mutually beneficial to both the club and those who DO live in Florence through increased attendances in the coming season.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hahaha

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

For the non italians, Bucchioni (a Journalist) claims Salah has the phone switched off.

Milan's social media manager needs some training, imho. Here's the full tweet they posted to publicize the season ticket sale:

(in joy and sorrow, what you say in a weeding)

And here's how twitter shrinks it when not maximized:

(in sorrow, or what you say in an obituary)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I wish Italian clubs bantered on social media more. It would be amazing to see little cat fights coming up to a derby

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

canepazzo posted:

That should've been on purpose because lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Milan's social media manager needs some training, imho. Here's the full tweet they posted to publicize the season ticket sale:

(in joy and sorrow, what you say in a weeding)

loving hell, maybe he's just being really honest.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

loving hell, maybe he's just being really honest.

*looks at last year's table, Milan's current squad*

He is.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Luiz Adriano to Milan is done

Bacca to Milan is pending a medical

"difensori"? Che cosa è "difensori"?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Drogadon posted:

Luiz Adriano to Milan is done

Bacca to Milan is pending a medical

"difensori"? Che cosa è "difensori"?

Getting rid of Bonera/Mexes/Muntari improved their defensive line, though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

THIS

Rodrigo Ely was signed from Avellino though. He was pretty great in B, but that doesn't really mean anything. We'll see.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

canepazzo posted:

hahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

That's true, playing a 2-3-5 formation will be more solid than playing with those clowns.

• Locked thread