Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

VideoTapir posted:

One of my neighbors when I was a kid was mildly retarded, and when he was in his early 20s he went around telling people he was a Hell's Angel. I'm told the people he was with had to calm down some actual Hell's Angels in a bar down over that.

I suspect this is pretty similar.

YOU WEARIN OUR CUT BRO?! SAMCRO WOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Coke Can
Jul 25, 2004

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

I'm too much of a pussy to watch videos like this because it gives me third person anxiety

Diet Coke Can fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 13, 2015

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

SaltLick posted:

my all time favorite stolen valor.

yea right like 6 head over here was a navy seal looooooooool

lol holy poo poo look at this guy

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Modest Mao posted:

how do you have a life where one day you are a vet, don't any of your friends or family think it's super weird you start dressing like that

first step to this scenario playing out is having family and friends

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
idgi....how do these guys know that the soldiers are fake just by the way they are dressed?

like, yeah, i get it once they start asking them questions, but do they just harass anyone they see in public wearing military clothes?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I joined the military and served for 12 years. Now that I'm out I purposely wear my old uniform wrong and play dumb when somebody accuses me of STOLEN VALOR! Jokes on them, I've never been in the military because I'm not a psychopath that wants to murder people.

Oberleutnant posted:

ill steal her valor

Myspace angle broseph.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

a starwar betamax posted:

we all laughing at this stolen valor trend may have UNENTENDED CONSEQUENCES ............what if allowing these deranged veterans this pathetic e-catharsis might lead to less of them killing their own selves. ..... which will lead to more beaten wives i guess

then shitposting finally has a purpose

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

idgi....how do these guys know that the soldiers are fake just by the way they are dressed?

like, yeah, i get it once they start asking them questions, but do they just harass anyone they see in public wearing military clothes?

they wear impossible medals for their age, or just hosed up uniforms. Its pretty easy to tell when someone hasnt had uniform regulation pounded into their head. AR 670-1 is a helluva reg. Also people don't wear combat uniforms after they end their service unless they are fuckheads. You wont see many real veterans rolling around in ACUs with bloused tan boots and a cover because shits gay. ASUs and PTs are okay though, which is why some people get married in their class As.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
None of those words made any sense.

I like to wear pants and shirts and shoes, outside of the house.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
It's not about free french fries or walmart discounts, it's about retarded man children or con men making military people look worse than they already do. They also con people by writing books or assuming positions they shouldn't be in.

like this doughy retard pretending to be a ranger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9b8sjPjKLA
you wouldn't want the public to think that is what a ranger looks like

or letting this mentally ill person post outside a school because he is a good guy marine person
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX3o9dkUMtc
yes i want this guy in front of my kid's school

Think of it this way, would you want some powerful in shape ripped up guy with chiseled features doing one armed pull ups pretending to be in IT and posting in GBS?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ramsus posted:

They also con people by writing books or assuming positions they shouldn't be in.

Counterpoint: if you buy HOORAH MILITARY BOOK you're an un-salvageable retard already.

Same for if you think someone being a vet qualifies them any position that isn't directly related to whatever function they performed for the military.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ramsus posted:

It's not about free french fries or walmart discounts, it's about retarded man children or con men making military people look worse than they already do.

Look bad... you mean like harassing civilians?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
please do not take what i said out of context

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Ramsus posted:

It's not about free french fries or walmart discounts, it's about retarded man children or con men making military people look worse than they already do. They also con people by writing books or assuming positions they shouldn't be in.

or letting this mentally ill person post outside a school because he is a good guy marine person
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX3o9dkUMtc
yes i want this guy in front of my kid's school

Think of it this way, would you want some powerful in shape ripped up guy with chiseled features doing one armed pull ups pretending to be in IT and posting in GBS?

id take any of these guys over a paid murderer any day

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Do vets actually get the rest of their lives subsidized by the government, because all the ex military people I know seem kinda broke and have to have regular jobs

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Pharmaskittle posted:

Do vets actually get the rest of their lives subsidized by the government, because all the ex military people I know seem kinda broke and have to have regular jobs

if they're permanently disabled in some way shape or form yes, they can live off disability for most of their lives. Some people even collect disability while working regular jobs

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Disability ranges from something like $150 a month for 10% disabled to just enough to live off of if you are considered 100% disabled. You can retire if you put in 20 years.

Most work after retirement because it's not that much money.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Oh ok the ones I know are still young and as far as I know not super hosed up aside from maybe bad backs or whatever

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Ramsus posted:

See, this is where the egocentrism really gets out of control. 99.999% of the Public are going to look at the guy, maybe maybe thank him for his service and then never ever think about him again. That is what the Veterans can't handle, the fact that normal people are too busy and stressed out with their own lives to give a poo poo. Literally everyone who is not them is an object or video game NPC who exists just for them.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
everyone is a video game npc?

hmmm

i AM the crazy one

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

etalian posted:

the most dangerous profession are jobs like miner, fisherman, farmer or lumberjack.

retail and nursing/healthcare/hospital orderly are all up in there too

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
That is only because of all of the obese people that they have to move. There are a lot of back injuries and stuff. That isn't on par with actually dangerous jobs where you can be killed.

fakers

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Ramsus posted:

everyone is a video game npc?

hmmm

i AM the crazy one

I'm glad you got the full meaning of what I was saying.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I support calling people out on lies and bullshit.

Pride is a good thing to have. Maybe look into getting some.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Pharmaskittle posted:

Oh ok the ones I know are still young and as far as I know not super hosed up aside from maybe bad backs or whatever

yeah most people who are really really hosed in the head keep to themselves. one of my friends who is perma fried doesnt leave the house except to get chick fil a or go shooting, or buy things relevent to shooting

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ramsus posted:

please do not take what i said out of context

Discipline is universal. You have it or you don't.

My Q-Face posted:

See, this is where the egocentrism really gets out of control. 99.999% of the Public are going to look at the guy, maybe maybe thank him for his service and then never ever think about him again. That is what the Veterans can't handle, the fact that normal people are too busy and stressed out with their own lives to give a poo poo.

Ramsus posted:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
please do not quote me out of context

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Pharmaskittle posted:

You get disability for things like "my ears are ringing" which they can't prove they aren't! The VA actually encourages you to get disability for anything and everything. One of the things I get paid for is a broken bone that doesn't bother me at all. VA rep said to tell the doctor "it hurts when it rains".

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Grem posted:

You get disability for things like "my ears are ringing" which they can't prove they aren't! The VA actually encourages you to get disability for anything and everything. One of the things I get paid for is a broken bone that doesn't bother me at all. VA rep said to tell the doctor "it hurts when it rains".

republicans are correct to slash tricare and vets benefits

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Ramsus posted:

That is only because of all of the obese people that they have to move. There are a lot of back injuries and stuff. That isn't on par with actually dangerous jobs where you can be killed.

fakers

I can't tell if you really believe this or not.

Your "service" was a stupid waste of money and lives.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Ramsus posted:

Pride is a good thing to have. Maybe look into getting some.

Thanks, I got a big dose of a thing called reality. That is, I got a much bigger first hand look at what "we" did in uniform, heard too many people bragging about some absolutely poo poo behavior and acts, and knew way too many dirtbags, shitheads, bullies, thieves and assholes to give it pass.

Despite what you were told your whole career by leaders who were trying to boost your morale and suck your dick so you'd stay in (and lying through their teeth to tell it to you, because NJP/UCMJ issues is a way too huge part of a leader's daily tasks for them to actually believe that these people are the cream of the american crop), just being part of the less than 1% of Americans (currently) wearing the uniform doesn't make you special. It's what you do while wearing the uniform that's important, and that's got nothing to do with the uniform itself.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

just lol if you are an enlisted soldier. the officer corps is where its at

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

My Q-Face posted:

Thanks, I got a big dose of a thing called reality. That is, I got a much bigger first hand look at what "we" did in uniform, heard too many people bragging about some absolutely poo poo behavior and acts, and knew way too many dirtbags, shitheads, bullies, thieves and assholes to give it pass.

Despite what you were told your whole career by leaders who were trying to boost your morale and suck your dick so you'd stay in (and lying through their teeth to tell it to you, because NJP/UCMJ issues is a way too huge part of a leader's daily tasks for them to actually believe that these people are the cream of the american crop), just being part of the less than 1% of Americans (currently) wearing the uniform doesn't make you special. It's what you do while wearing the uniform that's important, and that's got nothing to do with the uniform itself.

nobody read this

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Ramsus posted:

please...quote me out of context

Well, if you say so.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Ramsus posted:

I support... bullshit... Pride

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Proud of these true heroes going around harassing the mentally ill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gONDuIni4xc

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Ramsus posted:

nobody read this

i stopped reading that dudes posts a long time ago

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Emanuel Collective posted:

Proud of these true heroes going around harassing the mentally ill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gONDuIni4xc

mentally ill harassing mentally ill

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

these harassers just get me so fired up and i proudly turn up some Toby Keith American Soldier and masturbate furiously to ol glory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i know a former military guy who got hit in the head in a bar fight while on leave. it left one of his eyes perma-crossed, so now he gets $1100/month for the rest of his life.

• Locked thread