Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

DogeCar's going to need a new driver.
So bye, bye
To driver Josh Wise
He pushed his Chevy (or Ford) to the levee
But the levee was dry (and had no tires or pitcrew)
And goon old boys, drinking whiskey and rye
Saying "This is The Day the Dogecar Died..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Boomer The Cannon posted:

So bye, bye
To driver Josh Wise
He pushed his Chevy (or Ford) to the levee
But the levee was dry (and had no tires or pitcrew)
And goon old boys, drinking whiskey and rye
Saying "This is The Day the Dogecar Died..."

aw man, i was hoping for a KFC eulogy....but this is okay...i guess

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Quantrill posted:

aw man, i was hoping for a KFC eulogy....but this is okay...i guess

Four crunched in fenders,
millions in dogecoin,
Not even Reddit
Saw this coming...

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
today is the 22nd anniversary of a person not learning the lessons Curtis Turner taught

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

VikingSkull posted:

today is the 22nd anniversary of a person not learning the lessons Curtis Turner taught

He ate the bones.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Red Farmer is a Highlander

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

"Red" Farmer
Born ? Disputed (1928-1932)

Theory checks out.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
how many of the Alabama Gang are alive and lucid

one

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Jeb Burton is leading ROTY points :psyduck:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Previous award winners: Stephen Leicht, Andy Lally, Kevin Conway

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Chase Elliot and maybe Ryan blaney if the wood brothers go full time will be there next year though

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

Previous award winners: Stephen Leicht, Andy Lally, Kevin Conway

What's Kevin Conway up to these days? Anyone know?

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

anotherblownsave posted:

What's Kevin Conway up to these days? Anyone know?

He's a World Champion road course driver for Lamborghini.

Yeah, didn't see that one coming, either.

EDIT:

CBJSprague24 posted:

DogeCar's going to need a new driver.

Josh gets his first last-place finish since joining the 98 team in 2013, leaves right after. That's two drivers leaving Premium Motorsports in consecutive weeks, Gaughan having left the 62 after Daytona. Methinks the team revealed it's about to start-and-park again, and both drivers said "Hell no."

LASTCAR fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 13, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Yeah, that was my guess. Gaughan knows he can get a ride in Trucks at the least, probably, and Wise is probably dumb enough to think people cared about him as a driver and not as a convenient way to get a meme on TV

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Gaughan has the 62 xfinity ride locked down for next year, I think.

I'm sure Wise can find something, or get back in Juniors good graces.

E: I would not be opposed to a Wise/Smith combo at JRM for 2016.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
GMS hires Wise and runs the get-out frog truck for the rest of the year, instantly making Reddit hate SA even more.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'd say I'd buy a t-shirt to support that, but, well........

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

VikingSkull posted:

I'd say I'd buy a t-shirt to support that, but, well........

:drat:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jeff Gordon's racetrack stats as compared to other big names: http://nas.cr/1IWcdxg

ESPN recounts Danica's biggest meltdowns: http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/13251223/danica-patrick-five-biggest-blowups-including-run-dale-earnhardt-jr

...and NASCAR.com recounts Danica's biggest moments in her first 100 Cup starts, which include "Danica's best finish of 2012 funnily enough involved her being caught up in a wreck", "Danica gets a boyfriend", and "Oh hey, Danica finished in the Top 10 a couple times" : http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/gallery/2015/7/13/danica-patrick-100-career-sprint-cup-starts.html#danica-intro-12

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

"Danica gets a boyfriend"

Are they talking about DW?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Nah, DW's into Canadians nowadays.

quote:

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 38m38 minutes ago
Well, this was new: "I'd love to see Brian France show up in some of these meetings. But I'm sure he's busy," Stewart says of driver council

:thurman:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Smoke throws shade like an eclipse, it's great

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Someone on Reddit made an Austin Dillon Daytona diecast

http://m.imgur.com/a/dMquv

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kenny Wallace will run the NXS race at Iowa for JGR. It'll be his last NASCAR race.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

CBJSprague24 posted:

Kenny Wallace will run the NXS race at Iowa for JGR. It'll be his last NASCAR race.

Two of the three main contenders for 1993's NASCAR Rookie of the Year retiring in the same season (Jeff Gordon being one of the others). Fellow ROTY class member Bobby Labonte remains running part-time in the #32 after Terry hung it up last year.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Apparently NASCARs using the superspeedway qualifying format at Indy and Michigan, to go with the high downforce drafting packages. :ramsay:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Apparently NASCARs using the superspeedway qualifying format at Indy and Michigan, to go with the high downforce drafting packages. :ramsay:

Probably don't want bullshit they had a Daytona earlier this year if the draft is going to be key.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Just passed Eric McClure's hauler on the way home today. Pretty truck.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Just trying to rattle his cage

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

AWESOME

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

RUBBINSRACINRUBBINSRACINRUBBINSRACINRUBBINSRACINRUBBINSRACINRUBBINSRACINRUBBINSRACINRUBBINSRACINRUBBINSRACINRUBBINSRACINRUBBINSRACINRUBBINSRACINRUBBINSRACINRUBBINSRACIN

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BUMP AND RUN.

e- I'm not making another post since I'm already talking this here: I love four-bangers. They're worth the price of admission at my local track, they've just never done that. I do remember a Late Model feature where all but about four cars wrecked on the first lap because the track was blocked & there was nowhere to go.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 16, 2015

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Kevin Harvick confirmed the best driver in the world.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
whats DIRT stand for

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
It's pronounced dier-tay.

Speaking of dirt, SRA on the entry list for Eldora. Gonna go do some dirt racin, boys!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

BUMP AND RUN.

e- I'm not making another post since I'm already talking this here: I love four-bangers. They're worth the price of admission at my local track, they've just never done that. I do remember a Late Model feature where all but about four cars wrecked on the first lap because the track was blocked & there was nowhere to go.

Most four banger races at my local track are more about how many letters you can put after a 3 and who flips over first, but they always run them last after the late model feature and everyone gets up to leave like a herd of dumb rednecks.

Also feel super dumb for just now realizing Eldora was next week.

Edit - I forgot about the two 15ish year old brothers that Vettel the whole field every week in cars that look more like late models then mini stocks.

dentist toy box fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 16, 2015

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
incredible

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Alain Post posted:

incredible

Spoiler alert tags seem necessary.

Adbot