Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I like all the beers and obsessing over one type is pretty much on the same tier as people who only eat chicken nuggets and doritos and poo poo because they are scared of real food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
IPAs dont taste like pine sol you morons, gin does.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I also don't care for IPAs. Give me a Kolsch any day.

I like eating hay.

I just may.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just gimme a buttwiper or a LITE

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012
hops and weed are both from the genus Humulus, hth

Thegrul
Oct 27, 2013
IPAs taste like poo poo. I only drink danish pilsners.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I don't like IPA but the PNW had better beer than the rest of the country anyway

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Philthy posted:

IPAs dont taste like pine sol you morons, gin does.

Seriously, at least try a fuckin IPA before ranting about how much you hate them

Beer is good, there are lots of different beers that are good, I don't understand the hate-boner for IPAs

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Why is it that every brewer from Washington to San Francisco makes 30 IPAs ranging from unpleasantly hoppy to weapons grade pure triple hop extract with some alcohol I guess (invariably called Total Ultra Domination Super IPA)? Trying to find a porter or Stout over here is a loving quest. I've given up on finding Dubbels or barley wines.

OP, I bet your parents were pretty disappointed in themselves when they figured out how bitch-made you were and it was all their fault.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
oh look it's a bunch of babies that can't handle bitter flavors.

IPAs are the poo poo, the more bitter and cirtusy the better. Porters are OK too especially hoppy porters. pilsners smell and taste like beer farts.

I'm drinking this right loving now and it's great, but you probably can;t get it so whatevs: http://coppertailbrewing.com/our-beers/free-dive/

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Hops are like northern kudzu. These people are just trying to carve out a little breathing space for their children to play in. Think of the children, OP.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I enjoy Ales more than anything.

Just tried a Black IPA and gotta say I like those more than standard Hops bomb IPAs.

Saisons are good as well.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
holy poo poo if you don't like a style don't loving drink it you idiot

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
get over it dude and enjoy a nice fresh IPa

the more indian the butter

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Pitdragon posted:

Seriously, at least try a fuckin IPA before ranting about how much you hate them

Beer is good, there are lots of different beers that are good, I don't understand the hate-boner for IPAs

There's no balance in them, you might as well just drink tea made out of hops.

Dirt McGuirk
Oct 21, 2010

brave

&

strong

Dr Cheeto posted:

The only country that does beer right is Belgium

ipas suck for the most part

sour belgiums and ryes all day

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I only like ciders because I'm a giant human being

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i have really serious opinions about IPAs and i will murder you if you disagree

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

this thread is an annoying reminder that I haven't had a beer today gently caress you op

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Sheep-Goats posted:

There's no balance in them, you might as well just drink tea made out of hops.

i've done this and it isn't as good so suck my sweaty hog, op

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Bread Dragon posted:

hops and weed are both from the genus Humulus, hth

I'm pretty sure you can graft hops to weed roots and grow hops with thc.

also, if you put lemon in hefeweisen you are too stupid to live and should be shot in the face and buried in a shallow unmarked grave.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dee eight posted:

I'm pretty sure you can graft hops to weed roots and grow hops with thc.

also, if you put lemon in hefeweisen you are too stupid to live and should be shot in the face and buried in a shallow unmarked grave.

In Germany there's a drink that's half Coke and half beer and it costs more than just beer.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Sheep-Goats posted:

In Germany there's a drink that's half Coke and half beer and it costs more than just beer.

Radlers are ok though imo

Refreshing on a hot day

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LGD posted:

Radlers are ok though imo

Refreshing on a hot day

Everything except for hot maple syrup is refreshing on a hot day.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
I know most breweries have Stouts and poo poo, Black Butte is great, Old Rasputin is better. The problem is trying to find not-IPA in a bar in Seattle is borderline impossible. If you're lucky you might find Blue Moon. You go to pretty much any bar that isn't a dedicated craft beer bar and it's just a row of IPA taps. I end up having to drink gin and tonics.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The only country that does beer right is Belgium

A largely true statement.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Cymbal Monkey posted:

I know most breweries have Stouts and poo poo, Black Butte is great, Old Rasputin is better. The problem is trying to find not-IPA in a bar in Seattle is borderline impossible. If you're lucky you might find Blue Moon. You go to pretty much any bar that isn't a dedicated craft beer bar and it's just a row of IPA taps. I end up having to drink gin and tonics.

Have you ever been to a bar in Seattle before?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Burn the Pacific Northwest down and start over.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Justin Godscock posted:

Sherman's march to the Pacific?

Dirt McGuirk
Oct 21, 2010

brave

&

strong

Justin Godscock posted:

earthquake oughta take care of that soon

we're on the precipice of an acid reflux apocalypse with all this ipa drinking

you're all gonna die of esophageal cancer, hipsters

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
lol if u aren't just eating a giant bucket of hops all the time just lol

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

angerbeet posted:

lol if u aren't just eating a giant bucket of hops all the time just lol

I pack my bowels full of hops as my daily cleansing ritual.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
You should all boycott IPA's since they were a result of imperialism and colonialism by Britain of India. Don't make ghandi cry you NW hipsters.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Cymbal Monkey posted:

This isn't true at all

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Why is it that every brewer from Washington to San Francisco makes 30 IPAs ranging from unpleasantly hoppy to weapons grade pure triple hop extract with some alcohol I guess (invariably called Total Ultra Domination Super IPA)?

I said this out loud in a Portland bar one time and I poo poo u not but a guy with a waxed handlebar mustache then lectured me on how hops can impart a wide variety of flavors and the bitter nature of most ipas is a function of the recipe and not attributable to the excess hops and that hops get an unfair rap as a result and blah blah blah. I thought he'd go on forever but he left probably to practice playing the accordion on his penny farthing or something.

But yeah it sucks when you go to a restaurant and they have only five or six local beers from different breweries on tap and it's like four ipas and a really heavy porter. Get your poo poo together.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
cool people discover that bitter does in fact taste good in some contexts, everyone else remains palette-poor and angry because one day they may be challenged to drink something "icky"

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Red hook and sierra Nevada both have ales as their most popular beers. Stop getting your dumb gently caress opinions from people on the internet and try actually going outside once in a while.

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Stop moving to my city assholes

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I like the hop bomb IPAs because I imagine that's what Captain Planet's spunk tastes like.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
tons of hops give the most wicked hangovers :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Stop moving to my city assholes

Move to Portland or Austin.

• Locked thread