Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
In case you preordered from Best Buy

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/forums/mobileforumtopicpage/board-id/Lets-Talk-Games/thread-id/10116/page/4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

teagone posted:

It's all preference, no one advantage over the other imo. Also, I'm pretty sure cams knew all that already.

Yeah, I kinda said that without knowing which pad he was referring to. Playing on a regular Xbox one can be really rough because sometimes it doesn't register that you're holding down back and welp I hope your opponent doesn't try to sweep you. :v:

For what it's worth, I went from an Xbox controller to a PDP fightpad (was OK but had some similar stick sensitivity - or lack thereof - issues), and just recently finally invested in a Qanba Q4 black. I think pads can definitely work and as you say, it's largely preference.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mio Bison posted:

I was Ryu all the way but my bro played a lot of Dictator at both CEO and Evo. His impression matched yours, dude has to work for his offense outside of V-Trigger. You can grind your way in if you use all your tools and then apply pressure with LK/MK scissors (both are safe on block against Ryu, LK might even be positive?), flames and standing MK but generally you're a wall with low damage/mixup potential. That said if you can build and activate V-Trigger you get to do whatever you want (the frames on his teleport dash and specials are kinda stupid) and delete the other player off of two touches doing really flashy combos with meter, so it's not like his normal form is weak for no reason. If having to play lame most of the time to get to Psycho Dictator bothers you the good news is that most of the cast can be really offensive all the time!

Man, I already love Bison and his playstyle in SF5 sounds exactly up my alley. Looking forward to this game very much.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

people buy from best buy still? :gonk:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Al Borland posted:

A lot of the cheapassgamers people buy from there for the Gamers Club discount + price matching

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Will anyone be streaming tomorrow? I don't have a PS4 to play this :( (yet)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i could probably stream idk

i will probably play nash until i unlock birdie or w/e but ill be gone all weekend

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Big Scary Owl posted:

if it allows it. when you launch the beta it turns off the recording/streaming on the PS4 right now, but it may enable it when you can get further into the game

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Big Scary Owl posted:

I don't have a PS4 either, but I'm pretty sure the likes of Valle, Max, Ultrachen, JWongg, and a bunch of others will be on twitch tomorrow streaming all day.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is dudley going to be in this

they gotta have a boxer right

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Valle's hosting an online PS4 Ultra 8-man tourney, winner gets an SFV beta code if anyone is interested. http://challonge.com/rtsd2015_usf4_ps4_7222015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if it allows it. when you launch the beta it turns off the recording/streaming on the PS4 right now, but it may enable it when you can get further into the game

I'm sure big time streamers will have a work around for this already.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Al Borland posted:

I'm sure big time streamers will have a work around for this already.

Yeah most if not all regular streamers use capture cards or whatever, so they'll be fine.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

teagone posted:

Yeah most if not all regular streamers use capture cards or whatever, so they'll be fine.

Being a PC poverty player I am excited to watch twitch tomorrow :D I'm hoping it'll have like extra characters to surprise us with.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Al Borland posted:

Being a PC poverty player I am excited to watch twitch tomorrow :D I'm hoping it'll have like extra characters to surprise us with.

The opposite, probably. They said they weren't launching with Ken initially, and they were going to add him in as a test of their DLC-character functionality, or something like that.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Stairmaster posted:

is dudley going to be in this

they gotta have a boxer right

Vanessa from KoF is going to be the guest character.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Yeah, Birdy and Cammy won't be in to start, they are planning on adding them soon tho to test the dlc functionality or something. No word about when/if Ken or Necali get in yet, at least as far as I can recall.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i'll be streaming if they allow ps4 passthrough streaming, if not, i'm sure all the pros with external streaming devices will be doing it

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

teagone posted:

I don't have a PS4 either, but I'm pretty sure the likes of Valle, Max, Ultrachen, JWongg, and a bunch of others will be on twitch tomorrow streaming all day.

Can we start a betting pool on how far into his inevitable 96 hour SF5 stream JWongg passes out and dies from exhaustion

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Constellation I posted:

Amazon (Canada) pre-order code isn't here yet. :( Hoping it comes in on time tomorrow.

Reporting back from an earlier post to say that e-mailing Amazon about the code got them to send me one, so if you haven't gotten yours yet then just go bother them about it.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Al Borland posted:

Their GCU membership is literally twenty percent off of every game, so yeah.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

inthesto posted:

Can we start a betting pool on how far into his inevitable 96 hour SF5 stream JWongg passes out and dies from exhaustion

I doubt he'll make it more than 24 hours before giving up.

Skychrono posted:

Their GCU membership is literally twenty percent off of every game, so yeah.

how much a month does the GCU membership run?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Al Borland posted:

I doubt he'll make it more than 24 hours before giving up.

how much a month does the GCU membership run?

It looks like the new price is $30 for 2 years. It basically pays for itself with 3 games. It also stacks with coupons/promotions. The only lovely thing is, getting new releases on day one is pretty hit or miss. Seeing as how SFV was an E3 title, it'll probably be available in store on release date, but I have no idea if they ship early for release date arrival for online orders.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
It used to be wayyyy more expensive, now it's almost a no brainer, weirdly i don't have it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SectumSempra posted:

It used to be wayyyy more expensive, now it's almost a no brainer, weirdly i don't have it.

yeah it used to be like $180 for 3 years.

you also get a subscription to their magazine which may or may not have a coupon in it

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
The beta is live according to some people on Twitter at least.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just booted it up, no dice.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

The beta is live according to some people on Twitter at least.

you can open the application but it still gives the error, tried with my japanese account too, no dice.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

no go for me

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I guess I got trolled.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

Vanessa from KoF is going to be the guest character.

gently caress everyone who wouldn't be ok with this

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Arzachel posted:

gently caress everyone who wouldn't be ok with this

Agreed.

Vanessa is the ideal lady grappler in just about every possible way.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cabbagepots posted:

Vanessa is the ideal lady grappler in just about every possible way.

Nope, sorry, boobs are too small.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Jack Trades posted:

Soul Calibur 4 ivy, and she uses her boobs to grapple?

edit- for the few of you unfamiliar with the sc4 costume http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110727054961/soulcalibur/images/f/fe/Ivy1p_001.jpg

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jul 23, 2015

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Jack Trades posted:

Huh? They're not THAT small.

And knowing SF's character designers they'll probably be larger in the game.

Cabbagepots fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 23, 2015

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Wrong Vanessa, but VF is fine too

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Big Scary Owl posted:

I've been streaming everything I do with my PS4, and recently got a laptop that can do about as well as the console itself - no longer blocked from all the cool scenes in my video games! Take that little message in the upper left corner.

But ya', SFV will definitely be streamed. Maybe a bit out of line, but let me throw a few names out there if you're looking for someone to watch..

JWong - You know this guy will be on top of everything and all characters, learning the best strats, and may even do what he did for MKX and make a google doc with easy/effective combos for all us scrubs to work on. Watch him if you wanna see a top tier dive under the hood of a fighting game. You may get lost if you're not familiar with all the technical terms or references associated with high level play.. But honestly, don't let that turn you away. He seriously knows his poo poo and it's not usually hard to follow. He does get a little typical-streaming-guy, but out of everyone I can think of, he is most likely the one who will play a marathon.

Maximilian - He's partially sick from Evo and a lot of guys here just plain ol' don't like the fellow, but he's been streaming regardless and is fairly excited about Nash (really Ken, but we won't get to play him this beta phase). For as much as he goes down that rabbit hole of over-hype nonsense, he has respectable talent for explaining what's going on to the average gamer. His analytical skills break down in the higher tiers of play, but let's face reality here - if we're gonna be playing online, we won't be able to take advantage of a lot of top tier knowledge. In a lot of respects, it just doesn't work for what's going on for this beta. Watch this guy if you want someone more user-friendly. Prepare to suffer a lot of chat talk, as the dude is popular for a reason.

Aris - I like this guy a ton, but some don't. Some people also don't like hot dogs, as crazy as that sounds. Aris is like a hot dog, but a hot dog that plays fighting games well. Seriously though, he is a solid player. I don't know about top tier though, and street fighter is not "his game." He's a Tekken dude.. But he commentates lots of fighting games and has been playing for years, including MKX despite its lovely online. He isn't the standard streamer and has his own way of going about the games he plays. Did I mention he is good? He may not seem or act it in the way he goes about stuff, but his matches speak for themselves. He picked up a PS4 tournament stick and everything for this beta. Watch him if you want a more entertaining individual that stays away from the typical pitfalls of memes or the like (I guess one could argue he has his own memes, but let's not bog the thread down with such talk). Be warned, you won't find real deep technical talk here.

Keep an eye out for Ultra David and James Chen. David impressed me of late with his MKX knowledge that a lot of people don't seem to appreciate. Being street fighter you can probably bet on these guys doing something themselves, or working with another group. For Youtube stuff, Mike Ross and Gootecks on crosscountertv are all about street fighter 4. I'd be surprised if they don't start doing some videos for the beta, but that might not be showing up on their channel until after it's over. I find all these folk knowledgeable enough individuals to learn a thing or two from, and you can't go wrong with any of 'em. There's a bunch of others I'd love to suggest like LI Joe and Yipes, but I haven't seen them stream for a long time. Chances are if you have a favorite fighting game guy you've been following in tournaments and the like, there's a good chance he is streaming.

You can always watch me - an overweight game tester goon with absolutely no street fighter experience to draw on, but I'm trying to avoid deep bunghole thrombosis and will not be putting in a ton of hours (though plan to play every day if I can). My stuff will get tossed on my youtube channel anyways. I'm certain other goons will be flailing about on the beta as well, and can probably find them in the Let's Stream thread or maybe a post when they start up in here. There is no user-controlled matchmaking system from what I understand, as it's all going to be an automated process, so connecting with our goon comrades will take some effort (and in terms of matchmaking, random chance). I'm not aware of any IRC rooms for SF5 specifically, but it's likely we can converge on the #ps4goons chatroom for that.

Others ought to have people they'd like to suggest, so you got plenty to choose from.

Lothire fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jul 23, 2015

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Watch floes stream

Or arturos

Or spooky's

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

That's LORD Aris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
isnt aris the piece of poo poo that defended sexual harrassment in the fgc a few years ago

• Locked thread