Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Shirley Crabtree posted:

as opposed to meeting the parents or family of the guy you murdered in cold blood for being a bit twitchy? as if youre trying to justify murdering someone for something they possibly might do.

police use potentially lethal maneuvers all the time to stop suspects fleeing in vehicles. i don't see how shooting someone at the start of a car chase can be considered murder but killing them by flipping their car into a ditch is not? the latter is putting FAR more people in danger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

I wonder if the goon amateur forensics team came back with "thug had it coming" before the reddit crime lab? Both trailing stormfront of course.

He didn't have it coming but he sure didn't make any efforts to keep himself out of harm's way. Maybe he shouldn't have to but personally if I know a guy that I don't really know who is in confrontation with me is carrying a gun or a knife or whatever I might consider behaving in a certain way out of self interest instead of just doing whatever the gently caress I want and let come what may.

MariusLecter posted:

according to cops and their apologists EVERY stop is one where a gun gets pulled

ironically its the cops doing the pulling

and then shooting in the head of unarmed, nonthreat citizens

How is this guy a nonthreat? Is there any way in your mind for a cop to be justified shooting him? I mean, does the guy literally have to pull out a gun, say "I'm going to kill you," take off the safety, chamber a round, point the gun at the cop, then count down backward from ten and only at 1 is the cop allowed to feel threatened?

That guy's janky as gently caress, lashing all over the car, clearly has his mind on something other than the stop, etc etc. If you don't see a threat in that you don't have a lot of time outside of the old parental basement.

raton fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 29, 2015

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

I wonder what other blue collar job grants you the right to shoot people...

in many states feeling threatened is just this type of job

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Guy said he didn't do nothing. Probably a common double negative misunderstanding. How would the cop even know what was going on?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Commie NedFlanders posted:

in many states feeling threatened is just this type of job

Roflmao your country

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Sheep-Goats posted:

He didn't have it coming but he sure didn't make any efforts to keep himself out of harm's way. Maybe he shouldn't have to but personally if I know a guy that I don't really know who is in confrontation with me is carrying a gun or a knife or whatever I might consider behaving in a certain way out of self interest instead of just doing whatever the gently caress I want and let come what may.

He didn't have it coming, but when you think about it he pretty much had it coming. I mean what did he expect? To not get shot in the head?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Stoic Commie posted:

hmmm no, thanks for asking

i love cops and it hurts me that this public servant is suffering for no reason
sorry i meant to type "lol u are literally retarded"

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
its doubtful the guy was drunk considering he willingly handed over what appears to be a full and unopened container of Gin. Most intoxicated people would do everything in their power to prevent the police from making that connection. Also, he wasn't pulled over for drunk driving, he was pulled over for not having a front license plate displayed. It is assumed from the calm demeanor of the cop at the beginning that the rear license plate was displayed, as a police officer is going to be much more cautious of an unmarked vehicle.

based on reading behavior, it is possible that this man was intoxicated on marijuana or other mind altering substance because he has difficulty answering direct questions that he doesn't seem to benefit from not answering (i.e. why not just say "i think i left my license at home") also, he provided his name which the cop could have ran from his squad car to check for a suspended license. if he had fled the scene when the cop left, standard procedure would be to maintain pursuit. he also clearly had backup with that 2nd officer that appears on camera post shooting.

even if this guy was under the influence of marijuana or another drug, his impaired decision making in no way justifies summary execution, whether or not you place hypothetical children in the vehicles path as it careens down the road under the whims of it's skeleton captain.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

hey guys i don't know why you are defending a cop who shot a guy who ran at him holding a knife. there's no way to know he wasn't just really excited to show the officer his brand new knife. this is murder for a crime he didn't even commit yet. the cop should have waited until the knife was in 3 inches before using lethal force, before that it's technically no crime at all and doesn't deserve execution.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
gas

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

police use potentially lethal maneuvers all the time to stop suspects fleeing in vehicles. i don't see how shooting someone at the start of a car chase can be considered murder but killing them by flipping their car into a ditch is not? the latter is putting FAR more people in danger.

completely irrelevant. there was no car chase and there was no cars flipping in ditches, an unarmed guy was shot to death in a car for starting up his car and/or acting a bit twitchy. this is not how police are trained to react in this situation and the cop does not deserve sympathy for doing so because his poor actions took a human life regardless of what your crystal ball tells you the big bad black man was probably going to do after he drove away

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

XMNN posted:

sorry i meant to type "lol u are literally retarded"

way to mess up a simple post retard!

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

Not to nothing. To something. You can argue about whether or not it was enough, but that wasn't an average, calm, low-probability-of-violence kind of stop. That was in fact exactly the kind of stop where someone does pull a gun.

yeah it ticks all the boxes

black male
white cop

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

hey guys i don't know why you are defending a cop who shot a guy who ran at him holding a knife. there's no way to know he wasn't just really excited to show the officer his brand new knife. this is murder for a crime he didn't even commit yet. the cop should have waited until the knife was in 3 inches before using lethal force, before that it's technically no crime at all and doesn't deserve execution.

lol your police doesn't know how to handle a guy with a knife.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

So the cop executed this guy while he was sitting in his car, but WHAT IF the guy was actually running at him with a knife? Makes you think.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

He didn't have it coming, but when you think about it he pretty much had it coming. I mean what did he expect? To not get shot in the head?

If I saw myself acting that way in that situation I would council myself that perhaps I was pulling the lion's tail a bit.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dubose was reaching for a knife, of course lol how the gently caress did we miss that

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Shirley Crabtree posted:

completely irrelevant. there was no car chase and there was no cars flipping in ditches, an unarmed guy was shot to death in a car for starting up his car and/or acting a bit twitchy. this is not how police are trained to react in this situation and the cop does not deserve sympathy for doing so because his poor actions took a human life regardless of what your crystal ball tells you the big bad black man was probably going to do after he drove away

by this logic no police officer should ever use lethal force until the suspect has already begun killing people

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Shirley Crabtree posted:

maybe not in limeyland, here in US our cops are empowered to kill

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Maybe that's why in the USA there is this militarization of police ? Because your police officers are just that bad at handling every day situation they need to have all sort of guns ready all the time?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

feller
Jul 5, 2006

communism gettin a bad rap itt

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
drat, I'm in the awkward position of agreeing with Stoic Commie. You guys are ignoring everything about the video and suspect's criminal history, disputing the fact that he even started the car and drove off, and quite literally assuming that all cops are racist and provokingly shoot black people for no reason whatsoever. Ignorant fucktards.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

lol your police doesn't know how to handle a guy with a knife.

i don't either because i would shoot an attacker closing in on me with a knife.

i wouldn't wait until i had enough evidence gathered to prove that the guy actually was killing me before i took action

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Agag posted:

So the cop executed this guy while he was sitting in his car, but WHAT IF the guy was actually running at him with a knife? Makes you think.

what if he had a bomb and he went into a school and blew it up no the cop was completely justified murdering this unarmed man because i bet you wouldnt want to explain to the families of every child in the school that you had a chance to stop it and you didnt!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

i wouldn't wait until i had enough evidence gathered to prove that the guy actually was killing me before i took action

youre just stupid

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Wow in my OP and the thread name itself I was being sarcastic about the lengths people would go to defend Ray Tensing but apparently its worse than I thought.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Sheep-Goats posted:

If I saw myself acting that way in that situation I would council myself that perhaps I was pulling the lion's tail a bit.

Perfect compliance or summary execution is a pretty reasonable standard.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Bwahaha so it's real? Your police officers don't know how to disarm a guy with a knife? How the gently caress do they train them? They make them sit in a room and watch the "How to kill a black guy" 10 minute video narrated by O'Reilly?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
i think cops should always have the right to murder civilians if it might prevent awkward conversations with family members of victims of potential crimes they might decide to commit in later life

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Shirley Crabtree posted:

i think cops should always have the right to murder civilians if it might prevent awkward conversations with family members of victims of potential crimes they might decide to commit in later life

That's why Judge Death is my hero, the crime of being alive is the worst offense

feller
Jul 5, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

drat, I'm in the awkward position of agreeing with Stoic Commie. You guys are ignoring everything about the video and suspect's criminal history, disputing the fact that he even started the car and drove off, and quite literally assuming that all cops are racist and provokingly shoot black people for no reason whatsoever. Ignorant fucktards.

what's his criminal history have to do wit it? the cop didn't know it

everyone claiming the driver was drunk and then also saying others didn't watch the video are morons. That bottle of gin was full and looks unopened (doesn't matter it's loving full)

so even if this guy drives away, who we haven't actually established as drunk, that's not a crime punishable by death

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
what is if he killed future Hitler. OTOH what if he is future Hitler himself
makes you think

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Shirley Crabtree posted:

you do realize that the suspect doesn't even have to be intending to hurt anyone to still be a dangerous lethal threat to others?

it's not about what he was going to do or not do, it's about what he already did: he was fleeing from police in a motor vehicle. suspects fleeing in vehicles are already breaking the law and doing so with a lethal weapon.

once a suspect begins fleeing, the cops have the right to stop them, and sometimes they have to use force (such as ramming their cars or opening fire), and sometimes this results in death.

i still don't know how you see using a gun to stop a police chase as being fundamentally different than using a police vehicle as a battering ram to stop a chase.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Omelette du Fromage posted:

That bottle of gin was full and looks unopened (doesn't matter it's loving full)

it was half full

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

you do realize that the suspect doesn't even have to be intending to hurt anyone to still be a dangerous lethal threat to others?

it's not about what he was going to do or not do, it's about what he already did: he was fleeing from police in a motor vehicle. suspects fleeing in vehicles are already breaking the law and doing so with a lethal weapon.

once a suspect begins fleeing, the cops have the right to stop them, and sometimes they have to use force (such as ramming their cars or opening fire), and sometimes this results in death.

i still don't know how you see using a gun to stop a police chase as being fundamentally different than using a police vehicle as a battering ram to stop a chase.

tl;dr: a cop may or may not kill you.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

MariusLecter posted:

youre just stupid

i assume you have a lot of experience gently apprehending armed and dangerous suspects in the most insane and violent western nation?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
that greasy piggu shot that guy in his head thats hosed up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

i cant tell who is being ironic

• Locked thread