Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Gibberish posted:

i was looking for a video about chinese people eating mcdonalds and found this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzPLqsvXAWo

even more disgusting imho

this slipped past through actual jpgs, but yeah, that close up of the huge boil on that guy's face is pretty disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Gibberish posted:

i was looking for a video about chinese people eating mcdonalds and found this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzPLqsvXAWo

even more disgusting imho

His chick got a major case of the bitchface. And he's gross. Also Rene Chang posts are hilarious, what site is he the threeolives of?

That is all of my thoughts so far, stay tuned for more.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
Here's an amazing behind the scenes look at Tianjin Airlines written by a very disgruntled foreign pilot hired on contract:

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/foreign/89413-working-pilot-china.html

Their safety training takes flatulence quite seriously

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Stfu

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Tuxedo Gin posted:

lol a woman dares to touch a guy with her breast and he responds by doing this:

pretty hosed up imho. peep the video in that link.

Don't really see much in the video, looks a very weak case to bring to court, the Taiwanese take a good version of it though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB4ZKRxzz3U

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

DetroitVectorSmooth posted:

Here's an amazing behind the scenes look at Tianjin Airlines written by a very disgruntled foreign pilot hired on contract:

omg i can not wait to see this

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
in the comments section about the book

quote:

Just finished reading it. Classic American Contract A**holes. You are exactly what should have never left San Diego. Americans have the sh*ttiest rap with contract flying and this just underlines it all. Thanks for the bitter diatribe against the people's republic.

lol

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

goldboilermark posted:

omg i can not wait to see this

Skimmed through it... It's essentially an anti-China rant by a special sunflower who doesn't know how the world works.
On one hand everything he says is true, on the other hand it's not that bad.

FWIW, I know about some expat contract pilots for Air China (whiteys) and they love it. They're treated well and paid well. "Better than Korean", apparently.

One skipper told me his first day on the job, the chief purser comes into the flight deck and puts a stack of 100s on the console.
As soon as the aircraft doors close, people pay the flight attendants cash to get upgraded. The money is divvied up evenly between the crew.
When they reach top of climb, the cigarettes light up.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

MrMoo posted:

Don't really see much in the video, looks a very weak case to bring to court, the Taiwanese take a good version of it though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB4ZKRxzz3U

Taiwan loving owns.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Nobody want to post Chinese elevator has loving killed another woman?

Enter this link at your own risk.

http://ori.hangzhou.com.cn/ornews/content/2015-07/30/content_5865346_2.htm

I am going back in 2 weeks. I am not taking any escalator and elevator.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Hate to break it to ya, but the stairs aren't safe either

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2014-05/13/content_17504507.htm

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Walking on the sidewalk also is a risk.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/24/news/la-girl-engrossed-in-cell-phone-conversation-falls-into-sink-hole-20120424

Better to just stay home.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

china has that covered as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMIWq8_Ezjc

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Everything in China is built to the same standards as Blight Town in Dark Souls, except using mostly paper machie tier concrete.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

the one i linked happened in china

but yours ate a whole building, mine just ate a girl

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Sheep-Goats posted:

Everything in China is built to the same standards as Blight Town in Dark Souls, except using mostly paper machie tier concrete.

Same amount of toxic sludge, too.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Tuxedo Gin posted:

the one i linked happened in china

but yours ate a whole building, mine just ate a girl

yeah i mean china has homes covered as well, does not discriminate between girls or buildings, very harmonious

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You guys forgot the baby that got stuck in the toilet... pipe.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

When I lived in qingdao in like 2011 as a student, I fell through the sidewalk once. It was a dark but not empty street and while walking I felt the floor give way and I fell right down. I took out my phone to use as a flashlight to see what the gently caress happened and apparently I walked on a thin piece of plywood that was covering a hole in the sidewalk used to house pipes and junk. The hole was probably just under 2m deep and I was having some trouble pulling myself out (I'm a shorty). I called for help in Chinese and everyone just looked at me and ignored me until an old lady came over and asked why i was down a hole. I said I fell down. She said that's not good and started guilt tripping some younger dudes to help me out. It was actually the inverse of that vid where the guy was saying Chinese people are too culture, she was saying how young people today are uncultured.

They helped me up. I was pretty dirty but only had some bruises since I fell on my feet on the pipes which was p lucky. Probably could have been a lot worse.

That's my China bad infrastructure story.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I have not fallen through a sidewalk but I regularly see holes where the sidewalk has collapsed, and manhole covers are frequently caved in. I also saw a dump truck fall through a street that was clearly marked NO TRUCKS so it was his fault.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

in China falling into a sink hole is your own goddamn fault.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Magna Kaser posted:

When I lived in qingdao in like 2011 as a student, I fell through the sidewalk once. It was a dark but not empty street and while walking I felt the floor give way and I fell right down. I took out my phone to use as a flashlight to see what the gently caress happened and apparently I walked on a thin piece of plywood that was covering a hole in the sidewalk used to house pipes and junk. The hole was probably just under 2m deep and I was having some trouble pulling myself out (I'm a shorty). I called for help in Chinese and everyone just looked at me and ignored me until an old lady came over and asked why i was down a hole. I said I fell down. She said that's not good and started guilt tripping some younger dudes to help me out. It was actually the inverse of that vid where the guy was saying Chinese people are too culture, she was saying how young people today are uncultured.

They helped me up. I was pretty dirty but only had some bruises since I fell on my feet on the pipes which was p lucky. Probably could have been a lot worse.

That's my China bad infrastructure story.

The super old are usually better than the kinda old, because they have a slim chance of possibly having some humanity left from before the revolution and purge of culture.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
am I strange for greatly enjoying lighting up and then reading the japan or osha or china threads? I just loving love me some megathreads full of interesting things to read about/look at. :allears: thanks guys

e: also that one peanut oil smuggling story from that one battle over the island from earlier in the thread loving ruled

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

AlphaKeny1 posted:

in China falling into a sink hole is your own goddamn fault.

i dunno man, i feel like Dale Gribble may somehow be to blame

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

DetroitVectorSmooth posted:

what the gently caress is a Delta-minus

E: 'boo hoo hoo, the Chinese are racist and sexist...'
2 pages later: 'No Francis, you looked like a fag dude. Now be a good boy and go play your freakin’ pingpong.'

E2: there's a good bit later on when he refers to all Chinese as Heathens, and that all foreigners should stick together in the midst of all this ooga-booga

simplefish fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 1, 2015

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

simplefish posted:

what the gently caress is a Delta-minus

2 pages later: 'No Francis, you looked like a fag dude. Now be a good boy and go play your freakin’ pingpong.'

E2: there's a good bit later on when he refers to all Chinese as Heathens, and that all foreigners should stick together in the midst of all this ooga-booga

I think "Delta-minus" is from Brave New World.

The author of that 400-page rant is pretty racist and has a huge chip on his shoulders. But as an US trained-and-licensed pilot, I can totally see how Chinese culture (and probably all Confucius-influenced East Asian cultures) is just not that compatible with the safe operation of aircraft. It's too rigid in certain ways (way too much emphasis on arbitrary metrics, CRM is a joke) and too flexible in others (rules are easily ignored if you are high ranking enough/have connections, lax regulations, employees have little/no power).

Air China is the only carrier I would fly in China, and even then I much rather fly Cathay, Dragonair, etc. Of course US airlines are probably the best (for safety). United's recent SFO-CTU flight has been a god send.

sincx fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Aug 1, 2015

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

sincx posted:

The author of that 400-page rant is pretty racist and has a huge chip on his shoulders. But as an US trained-and-licensed pilot, I can totally see how Chinese culture (and probably all Confucius-influenced East Asian cultures) is just not that compatible with the safe operation of aircraft. It's too rigid in certain ways (way too much emphasis on arbitrary metrics, CRM is a joke) and too flexible in others (rules are easily ignored if you are high ranking enough/have connections, lax regulations, employees have little/no power).

Air China is the only carrier I would fly in China, and even then I much rather fly Cathay, Dragonair, etc. Of course US airlines are probably the best (for safety). United's recent SFO-CTU flight has been a god send.

Chengdu to SF would be awesome for me but I don't know if it's worth 15 hours on a United flight. I still might rather lose a few hours in transfers go to Shanghai or HK first and grab Cathay or something. I've had nothing but the worst experiences ever on United flights.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I flew Air Hainan from Guilin to Beijing two days ago. It was a terrible flight, left 5 hours late, the stewardess insisted I turn off my airplane mode phone (but ignored the other dude next to me doing the same thing) and the whole time this weird orchestral music like out of a bad movie trailer was on loop in the cabin.

I am ready to believe anything that guy says about Chinese airlines.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ceciltron posted:

I flew Air Hainan from Guilin to Beijing two days ago. It was a terrible flight, left 5 hours late, the stewardess insisted I turn off my airplane mode phone (but ignored the other dude next to me doing the same thing) and the whole time this weird orchestral music like out of a bad movie trailer was on loop in the cabin.

I am ready to believe anything that guy says about Chinese airlines.

Everything else aside I laughed at the music part.

Shades of Brazil there. The movie with Jonathan Pryce and Robert Deniro I mean, not the country

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

sincx posted:

I know the SFO-TPE flight is great compared to what I was doing before when I would go back home (EWR-NRT-TPE). Newer plane, better service, but I only fly Economy Plus on that leg. I do have to suffer in the domestic flight to SFO and that is hell on earth every time.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Magna Kaser posted:

Chengdu to SF would be awesome for me but I don't know if it's worth 15 hours on a United flight. I still might rather lose a few hours in transfers go to Shanghai or HK first and grab Cathay or something. I've had nothing but the worst experiences ever on United flights.

No man that was the best long distance flight I've ever had. The 787 is a great comfortable plane and having AC power at your seat with a laptop makes the 96 hours go by much more pleasantly.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

simplefish posted:

Haha yeah, I stopped reading at the exact same line

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

sincx posted:

Korean Airlines used to have a horrific safety record because all of the staff were culturally required to be totally obsequent to the pilot, including the co-pilot, giving the airplane an obvious and glaring single point of failure. It didn't help that Korean machismo prevented a tired pilot from not flying a plane or from delegating any decisions because by God he was the man of this sky house and he makes the decisions. The retraining of pilots in a way that made checking the pilot's decisions possible on Korean Air is the default example of how you can "change company culture" among business homos, who lien this kind of common sense intervention to a malaria vaccine or human space flight because how high can your mind soar on the wings of a penguin?

Anyway, it fixed their safety problems almost overnight and brought them in line with western flagship carriers.

raton fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Aug 1, 2015

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sheep-Goats posted:

Korean Airlines used to have a horrific safety record because all of the staff were culturally required to be totally obsequent to the pilot, including the co-pilot, giving the airplane an obvious and glaring single point of failure. It didn't help that Korean machismo prevented a tired pilot from not flying a plane or from delegating any decisions because by God he was the man of this sky house and he makes the decisions. The retraining of pilots in a way that made checking the pilot's decisions possible on Korean Air is the default example of how you can "change company culture" among business homos, who lien this kind of common sense intervention to a malaria vaccine or human space flight because how high can your mind soar on the wings of a penguin?

Anyway, it fixed their safety problems almost overnight and brought them in line with western flagship carriers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_incidents_and_accidents

Last time it came up someone started ranting about cultural racism or whatever nonsense but the drastic overhaul and changes seem to be pretty concrete evidence that the Korean cultural attitudes were a major cause to the 16 crashes over 2 decades.

It also led to this gem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nut_rage_incident

pentyne fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Aug 1, 2015

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

pentyne posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_incidents_and_accidents

Last time it came up someone started ranting about cultural racism or whatever nonsense but the drastic overhaul and changes seem to be pretty concrete evidence that the Korean cultural attitudes were a major cause to the 16 crashes over 2 decades.

It also led to this gem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nut_rage_incident

these own:

13 June 1991 – (Boeing 727) from Jeju to Daegu, the aircraft performed an unexpected gear-up landing at Daegu. The crew failed to read out the landing procedure checklist and therefore didn't select the gear down option. Subsequent investigation revealed that the pilot instructed the co-pilot to pull the fuse from the warning system because the repeated warnings that the landing gear was not deployed were, "irritating and distracting," him as he attempted to land. With the warning horn disabled, the Korean pilot brought the plane in and slid down the length of the runway on the central structural rib in the belly of the aircraft. Damage: Substantial Injuries: 0 Deaths: 0 Airframe: Written Off[15]

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sheep-Goats posted:

The retraining of pilots in a way that made checking the pilot's decisions possible on Korean Air is the default example of how you can "change company culture" among business homos, who lien this kind of common sense intervention to a malaria vaccine or human space flight because how high can your mind soar on the wings of a penguin?

hmmm, this sounds fascinating. do you think it's also possible to come up with a college admission system that's not a competition about who can memorize the most 16th century Scottish words? i'm not sure, on one hand the goukou is the worst possible system I can imagine, but it is also 5000 years old. it must be really good to survive that long and Chinese students are the best in the world after all.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

I saw something almost just like this on the subway in Shanghai. Some teen kid with headphones was looking at his phone, the metro cop tried to make him put his bag through the scanner, the kid just walked around the cop, the cop tried to get in his way, the kid sidestepped him and went thru the turnstile, cop said gently caress it and went back to his post.

• Locked thread