Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

HotCanadianChick posted:

You're probably going to get a bunch of people recommending a Ninja 250 since that's the only sub-500cc bike worth a drat for freeway riding that was sold in North America for most of the past 30 years. The 3 Euro/Aus/NZ posters we have will probably be the only people here familiar with all the <400cc bikes that are all over Asia and Europe. :(

Though really for highway riding long distances in comfort, the 500-600cc range is where most bikes start being more comfortable and relaxed at freeway speeds, and for really long rides, there's a reason all the big touring bikes are >=1000cc (tall as gently caress gearing keeps the vibrations down and makes for a more relaxed ride - more of an issue here in NA where you can spend 10+ hours on the same stretch of interstate and still have a few thousand more miles to go).

Honestly the engine reminded me more of a bigger, torquier SV650. Big, water cooled, DOHC, and revs to 9k, it definitely feels sportier and punchier than a HD v-twin. Pulls fairly well at the top end compared to an air cooled v-twin. Kinda wish it had dual front discs and firmer suspension and more ground clearance, but it's still pretty sporty for a cruiser while also being a lot more comfortable than any of the other bikes I've rode with forward controls.

That's cool and all, but have you considered a grom?

How about a KTM suuuuper Duke (390 version)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

CloFan posted:

I'm looking at this bike:

1972 Kawasaki F11 - http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/snw/5083323123.html

Talking to the guy now about trading for my 2001 Suzuki GZ250. Mine has some cosmetic issues, but is otherwise sound; from what he's telling me the Kawa starts in one kick and doesn't have any problems. Overheats on long trips, he thinks it's a coil and it could be. My '72 Honda does the same thing.

I was excited at first because 1) the Kawa looks great and seems to be in good condition, and 2) the guy is interested in trading. I'm looking at other bikes on CL in my area now though, and wonder if I could get something better in a trade.

This is a terrible idea. A bike doesn't overheat on long trips because of a coil. This sounds like you're about to get hosed. I don't trust restorations from anyone, that's just more poo poo to fix because the PO dicked it up.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

HotCanadianChick posted:

You're probably going to get a bunch of people recommending a Ninja 250 since that's the only sub-500cc bike worth a drat for freeway riding that was sold in North America for most of the past 30 years. The 3 Euro/Aus/NZ posters we have will probably be the only people here familiar with all the <400cc bikes that are all over Asia and Europe. :(

I'm not but I wouldn't recommend myself a ninjette with those criteria anyway, because for some reason where I am they all cost as much as similarly configured bikes in the 500-650cc range, if not more :psyduck: (for reference: around £2500-3500). Also they're almost all in kawasaki green, which I kind of hate.

The only savings I can perceive are on insurance (a hundred quid, maybe two) and fuel.

e/ I feel like should clarify, almost all of the ninjas I can find are at the high end of that range, whereas there's always someone flogging a well loved half pint for £1000.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jul 26, 2015

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Z3n posted:

This is a terrible idea. A bike doesn't overheat on long trips because of a coil. This sounds like you're about to get hosed. I don't trust restorations from anyone, that's just more poo poo to fix because the PO dicked it up.
Depends what the moron means by "overheating". It might just stop running (because a coil is going bad) and feel hot (because it was running) so it's possible the moron diagnosis was on target for the wrong reasons.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

HotCanadianChick posted:

Though really for highway riding long distances in comfort, the 500-600cc range is where most bikes start being more comfortable and relaxed at freeway speeds, and for really long rides, there's a reason all the big touring bikes are >=1000cc (tall as gently caress gearing keeps the vibrations down and makes for a more relaxed ride - more of an issue here in NA where you can spend 10+ hours on the same stretch of interstate and still have a few thousand more miles to go).

Not concerned about freeway driving (motorcycles are banned from all freeways, and only red plate bikes--over 550cc category-- are allowed on expressways). Mostly it's about not having a sore rear end after riding for a few hours. And also wanting a bigger bike with a tad more oomph than what I have to deal with going from 200m to 3km in the span of an hour. I eventually want to do a tour/lap around the island and would like something I can be comfortable on riding for 4~6 hours or more in a day.

But, I saw a Ninja 250 for sale for cheaper than I thought it'd be, so it gives me a good idea. I'd like to get a red-plate bike, but I'm still a newbie and red plate bikes are loving expensive because of the taxation and import processes here. To give an example, a Sportster 883 brand new goes for about $20,000 US, and you're not allowed to modify it from factory stock.

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor
Fallen Rib

Professor Wayne posted:

There's a new Indian store in my neighborhood, so I went to check it out a few weeks ago. Not my cup of tea, but they all looked really nice and well built. Hope they're just as nice to ride.

I am so in love with the 2015 scout, via specs only. I have never seen one. But drat, 100+ HP, 70lb torque, modern engine ok suspension. Everything HD should have been doing 10 years ago.... I don't really like cursers, I have only spent a little time on them, but I'm sure I would have a blast on a new scout. I hope they do well, Indian brand seems cursed.

:getin:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I saw one of those in person and it looked really nice. If my back could take it, I'd be tempted. Might be a cool platform for modification, too.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

For some reason they're selling like hotcakes over here, I see them constantly and have seen a bunch of them up close. First 'traditional' cruiser that doesn't look or ride like arse as far as I can tell.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

YF19pilot posted:

Not concerned about freeway driving (motorcycles are banned from all freeways, and only red plate bikes--over 550cc category-- are allowed on expressways). Mostly it's about not having a sore rear end after riding for a few hours. And also wanting a bigger bike with a tad more oomph than what I have to deal with going from 200m to 3km in the span of an hour. I eventually want to do a tour/lap around the island and would like something I can be comfortable on riding for 4~6 hours or more in a day.

But, I saw a Ninja 250 for sale for cheaper than I thought it'd be, so it gives me a good idea. I'd like to get a red-plate bike, but I'm still a newbie and red plate bikes are loving expensive because of the taxation and import processes here. To give an example, a Sportster 883 brand new goes for about $20,000 US, and you're not allowed to modify it from factory stock.

If it's just a matter of seat comfort, just buy an aftermarket seat like a Corbin/Mustang/Sargent. Factory seats are, with rare exceptions, medieval torture devices no matter what the displacement.

Also you will kinda have to work your way up to longer trips a little at a time; trying to go from never riding more than 30-45 minutes at a stretch to doing multiple-hour rides without working up to it is a recipe for a sore rear end and thighs.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Polaris has been doing so well with Indian and Victory that it has to only be a matter of time before they start making non-cruisers, right? It would be great to have some legitimately good Made in the USA bikes to choose from.

(Or electric sport bike, considering they also purchased Brammo...)

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
They're starting to grow on me, and I'm not a cruiser guy. Saw one recently and the kinda vaguely future-retro style thing going on there was kinda cool. I wish they weren't so heavy, though. I don't see why every cruiser has to be 600-900lb.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

HotCanadianChick posted:

If it's just a matter of seat comfort, just buy an aftermarket seat like a Corbin/Mustang/Sargent. Factory seats are, with rare exceptions, medieval torture devices no matter what the displacement.

Also you will kinda have to work your way up to longer trips a little at a time; trying to go from never riding more than 30-45 minutes at a stretch to doing multiple-hour rides without working up to it is a recipe for a sore rear end and thighs.

That may be it then. I've been riding for less than a year and only recently been starting these long riding trips. Prior to it'd be at most and hour to where I was going, spend some time goofing off, and an hour back. Last weekend was my first really long trip with about 4~5 hours of riding.

So maybe it's not the seat, just my rear end hasn't been broken in yet :v:

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

*street-legal

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

They're starting to grow on me, and I'm not a cruiser guy. Saw one recently and the kinda vaguely future-retro style thing going on there was kinda cool. I wish they weren't so heavy, though. I don't see why every cruiser has to be 600-900lb.

Well, at least on the scout it uses an aluminium frame with the engine as a stressed member, so it's not as heavy as it could have been (the way the two front frame spars act as radiator shrouds are pretty slick looking in person, it's a nice piece of design to allow the rad without just tacking it on or going too far from the vintage styling). It is a fairly big bike in person (low, but long), and those big fenders probably add a lot of weight, and all of the switchgear and controls is built very solidly (and with a lot more metal than plastic). The dealer had a bunch of the branded accessories on display in the showroom, and the various bars and racks they had were all really solid, heavy thick wall tube, so they seem pretty overbuilt.

I bet if someone really had the hankering, they could strip it down and make it a lot lighter, I bet at least 150-200 lbs is probably the bodywork and bars and stuff.

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.
In my search for a lightweight dual sport I have found a 1995 DR350SE (electric start) for sale. I want a cheap and simple second bike for off-season riding when the Swedish roads are too dirty and salty for my shiny primary bike. I figure if the Mondo Enduro guys rode a bunch of DR350s around the world the're pretty solid bikes.

It's sold through a dealer 500 km away so I pretty much have to buy it unseen and do a train-and-ride to get it home. I think it will be something like six hour ride home excluding stops.

The asking price is roughly equal to 2300 usd which is more than most 650s in similar age and condition, but I want something a bit lighter and that market is dry.

I think I have covered the basics, anything else I should ask about?

* Low milage, 12500 km (7767miles) which makes me think the internals should be in pretty good shape. Current owner is the second one.

* Modifications include a shortened rear fender, arrow exhaust and the stock hand guards seems to be missing.

* Both tires looks like 70/30 road tires but are not stock. The rear tire was made 2012 and it looks a bit worn so at least it has been ridden the in last few years. The front is from 2003 however, so that need to be changed. Maybe I can haggle a new front tire into the deal.

* The chain and sprockets, according to the dealer, looks like aftermarket parts in good shape, so they should at least have less than 12500 km on them.

* No information about the battery other than the bike starts fine.

* It passed mandatory inspection a couple of months ago so brakes, lights, and other basic safety stuff should be OK.

Dalrain
Nov 13, 2008

Experience joy,
Experience waffle,
Today.
Well, it looks like my CBR600RR has been stolen from my locked garage, so I'm thinking about what to do going forward. Obviously, I'll wait to see if it can be recovered, because it actually has a good story about how I got it to begin with and so has sentimental value, but I'm not hopeful. Vehicle theft is crazy hot here according to the cop I spoke with.

Stuff I'm looking for:
-Good for lane splitting in the bay area (thin-ish)
-Some wheee factor, since I got used to the CBR600RR's wheee
-Relatively low maintenance since I'm in an apartment complex situation (I'll be paying the dealer for whatever comes up)
-Ideally something other than chain drive since I'm f'in terrible at lubing chains, but it's not critical
-Under 10k if possible
-Must have good ABS

I miss my bike, and I hope it grenades and kills the stealing person over and over and over. I just got it back from the repair shop with a $4k bill for that. RAGE. ON. :mad:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'd probably say an early model S1000RR fits all of those criteria, although servicing might be a bit on the high side. The "Good ABS" one is pretty hard to hit, honestly.

There's also the 821 Hyper - a buddy of mine picked one up for around 7k recently. Jim at Advanced Cycle Service in San Jose does great work on Ducatis for cheap.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

They aren't as heavy as you think, the scout is low 500lbs, same as most large displacement sport and touring bikes. Also, most of the weight is down low. The Goldwings and dresser Harleys are 800lbs beasts, but that's a whole different class. Don't dismiss then because of weight alone.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Nitrox posted:

They aren't as heavy as you think, the scout is low 500lbs, same as most large displacement sport and touring bikes. Also, most of the weight is down low. The Goldwings and dresser Harleys are 800lbs beasts, but that's a whole different class. Don't dismiss then because of weight alone.

Yeah, don't be shallow. Their personalities are great.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Dalrain posted:

Well, it looks like my CBR600RR has been stolen from my locked garage, so I'm thinking about what to do going forward. Obviously, I'll wait to see if it can be recovered, because it actually has a good story about how I got it to begin with and so has sentimental value, but I'm not hopeful. Vehicle theft is crazy hot here according to the cop I spoke with.

Stuff I'm looking for:
-Relatively low maintenance since I'm in an apartment complex situation (I'll be paying the dealer for whatever comes up)
-Ideally something other than chain drive since I'm f'in terrible at lubing chains, but it's not critical
-Under 10k if possible
-Must have good ABS

I miss my bike, and I hope it grenades and kills the stealing person over and over and over. I just got it back from the repair shop with a $4k bill for that. RAGE. ON. :mad:

$4k bill? Please tell.

Dalrain
Nov 13, 2008

Experience joy,
Experience waffle,
Today.

n8r posted:

$4k bill? Please tell.

Not much to tell, I wish it was more "interesting." Was heading northbound on 87, and a woman did one of those "hard" lane switches that people do when they're in a hurry and don't look. (And want to fit in a space in the next lane half the length of their car) Of course, this being the SF bay area, didn't signal, and took me with her into the next lanes over to the right, approximately 40MPH. Smooshed up my left side, and took out the plastics, signals, mirros, and radiator/cooling system. My arm took her mirrors off and made some cool shades of yellowgreen I've never seen before! She hit and run, and thankfully another motorist stopped and kept me company until the state police arrived. They went and got her, and her insurance paid for repairs. As a result, it was nice and shiny again, so that's probably what f'ed me in this case of the disappearing bike.

Incidentally, I credit ABS with saving my butt in that case, as I was able to maintain control through the crash while panic braking. Hence, the hard requirement above.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Nitrox posted:

Scout is 560 with gas according to their website. That's about the same as a sportster. To say that is the smallest bike those two major manufacturers can come up with is really sad. And I do think weight alone is reason to dismiss a bike. Those are entry level bikes, not top level touring bikes. Far too many bikers put up with unreasonably heavy poo poo and far too many manufacturers pile on lead ballast to their bikes (literally every single cruiser -- except Virago 250s -- and most other bikes too). How does a 5'2" woman feel balancing 560lbs? The heavier a bike the less fun it is to ride. I think this can be considered an objective fact, regardless of what any rider can get used to on the road. This is something that makes Ducatis great, they're not all made of lead.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Dalrain posted:

Stuff I'm looking for:
-Under 10k if possible
-Must have good ABS

Have you considered a Triumph Daytona?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I'd buy a FZ09 for that.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Far too many bikers put up with unreasonably heavy poo poo and far too many manufacturers pile on lead ballast to their bikes (literally every single cruiser -- except Virago 250s -- and most other bikes too). How does a 5'2" woman feel balancing 560lbs?

That's about what my girlfriend is at - 5'2", 105lbs - and my '48 is low enough for her to flat foot, which negates the feel of the weight for her. I'm fighting the uphill battle of getting her involved in riding, probably on a Virago or a Rebel, so she can eventually take my Sportster out (and I'll have an excuse to buy more bikes).

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

BlackMK4 posted:

I'd buy a FZ09 for that.

Inexplicably can't get ABS on the FZ's in the US. It's crap.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Revvik posted:

That's about what my girlfriend is at - 5'2", 105lbs - and my '48 is low enough for her to flat foot, which negates the feel of the weight for her.
She may be able to hold it up but that's a lot different from being comfortable and happy with it. Again, you can get used to a lot, that doesn't make it a good idea. I can ride a BMW R1200GSA at 5'8" with a 34" seat and 600 whatever pounds and a very high CG but it's pretty much torture. Bike manufacturers are filthy awful people who only care to make bikes for 6'4" rich white men, that's my only point. I wish ill upon them all. Except Ducati.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Revvik posted:

That's about what my girlfriend is at - 5'2", 105lbs - and my '48 is low enough for her to flat foot, which negates the feel of the weight for her. I'm fighting the uphill battle of getting her involved in riding, probably on a Virago or a Rebel, so she can eventually take my Sportster out (and I'll have an excuse to buy more bikes).
Same here, my girlfriend is 5'2" and is super comfortable on a Honda Shadow, which is 540 lbs and had a seat height of like 24"

Dalrain
Nov 13, 2008

Experience joy,
Experience waffle,
Today.
Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

BlackMK4 posted:

I'd buy a FZ09 for that.

If they come out with ABS in the US sometime soon, I'll take a look. It does seem like a reasonable successor in other respects.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Have you considered a Triumph Daytona?

Added that one to my list, the styling is good, cheers!

Z3n posted:

I'd probably say an early model S1000RR fits all of those criteria, although servicing might be a bit on the high side. The "Good ABS" one is pretty hard to hit, honestly.

There's also the 821 Hyper - a buddy of mine picked one up for around 7k recently. Jim at Advanced Cycle Service in San Jose does great work on Ducatis for cheap.

Yeah, lower servicing would be nice if I can get it. The CBR600RR was every 2k, and it was running me ~300 bucks a shot since I couldn't do anything myself. I was peeking at the Hyper* in general - is the Hyperstrada a reasonable choice, or is there some reason I might want to avoid it? The 9k service interval appeals to me, and it still has a pretty respectable 0-60 while being convertable into a touring-type. (Luggage racks, dual power plugs) And hey, anti-theft options. :)

Mr Yuck
Jun 5, 2005

She was your regular kinda dame.. Then she put me into a deep beta freeze..
Hey guys,

I moved across the country about three years ago, had to leave my bike behind ('81 Honda CB750) and am ready for a new bike in the next year or so. I rode that heavy sucker around for three or four years before that and have been riding dirt bikes since I was about 12 (nearly 27 now). I've skimmed the last few dozen pages or so and have really focused on the Honda CB500x.

I'd prefer:
-A standard riding position
-Something reliable
-A comfortable seat height, since I'm 6'6" 205 lb with a 35" inseam

I'd mostly be riding in town with some country roads -- not too much freeway action. It's classed as an adventure bike, but from reviews and videosI've seen, obviously not meant for moderate+ off roading, but it looks like it could handle some dirt and gravel.

Is there anything I should keep in mind with the bike or maybe another I should look into?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone here have experience with the 300F? I think I can get my dealer to go down to the ~$3500 range which makes it enticing enough to buy in cash. Tired of 'big' bikes and buying other peoples headaches off Craigslist.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Mr Yuck posted:

Hey guys,

I moved across the country about three years ago, had to leave my bike behind ('81 Honda CB750) and am ready for a new bike in the next year or so. I rode that heavy sucker around for three or four years before that and have been riding dirt bikes since I was about 12 (nearly 27 now). I've skimmed the last few dozen pages or so and have really focused on the Honda CB500x.

I'd prefer:
-Something reliable

I'd mostly be riding in town with some country roads -- not too much freeway action. It's classed as an adventure bike, but from reviews and videosI've seen, obviously not meant for moderate+ off roading, but it looks like it could handle some dirt and gravel.

Is there anything I should keep in mind with the bike or maybe another I should look into?

Sounds like a pretty good bike for your requirements and what I can tell of your disposition. It's probably about the same power wise as your old 750, if you aren't looking for more than that then its a good bike.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

Mr Yuck posted:

Hey guys,

I'd prefer:
-Something reliable

The only downside with the CB500x is that it's not super fast. (it's fast enough, and is comfortable enough on the freeway, but will start to struggle when you hit about 85mph)

The horsepower ratings really aren't equivalent, however. CB750 is closer to 80hp @ 9000RPM , while the cb500x is barely 50hp &6000RPM, and redlines around 9000.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Mr Yuck posted:

Hey guys,

I'd prefer:
-Something reliable

I've got the CB500F, which is just the naked and shorter version of the CB500X. Similar bike in many respects, and I love it.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Bmw G650 Sertao or older variant Dakar(no abs afaik), Yamaha 660z tenere (no abs before 2013 I think), DL650 v-strom (normal version or new XT).

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

kylej posted:

Anyone here have experience with the 300F? I think I can get my dealer to go down to the ~$3500 range which makes it enticing enough to buy in cash. Tired of 'big' bikes and buying other peoples headaches off Craigslist.

I just bought one. It is wonderfully light and fun around town and the single cylinder is smooth thanks to the counter balance.

It does lack power; that's actually kind of fun off the line because you can use all of the engine's power but passing at speed is harder than it would be on other bikes. The interstate is even more of a weak point, past 65 revs and wind are unpleasant.

But if you can stand those features it's a great looking, fun, brand new bike for 3500. I'd recommend it.

Mr Yuck
Jun 5, 2005

She was your regular kinda dame.. Then she put me into a deep beta freeze..

nsaP posted:

Sounds like a pretty good bike for your requirements and what I can tell of your disposition. It's probably about the same power wise as your old 750, if you aren't looking for more than that then its a good bike.

nitrogen posted:

The only downside with the CB500x is that it's not super fast. (it's fast enough, and is comfortable enough on the freeway, but will start to struggle when you hit about 85mph)

The horsepower ratings really aren't equivalent, however. CB750 is closer to 80hp @ 9000RPM , while the cb500x is barely 50hp &6000RPM, and redlines around 9000.

Yeah, that was the only semi-downside that I could find with it. I'm not very fixated on speed and acceleration (re:boring) and I don't live near/plan on traveling extensively on freeways anyway. If I were to want a similar bike with a slightly bigger engine for more top end power, where would I look? I think in the last few pages someone said the NC700X wasn't worth it and the Africa Twin looks like more engine than I want to deal with. The Super Tenere looks great, but is more than I'd want to spend. Is the Versys 650 a better choice for that class?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

The versys 650 is a great bike and I'd probably recommend it for most over the 500. More power, very usable, a bit bigger all around, just a great bike in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Z3n posted:

The versys 650 is a great bike and I'd probably recommend it for most over the 500. More power, very usable, a bit bigger all around, just a great bike in general.

I found the new versys 650 really unrefined and vibey combared to the 500x. Was really disappointed to be honest. Unless you were really budget limited from getting a bigger bike and you really wanted more power, I feel the 500x was the better bike (a lot more fun to ride).