Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
All the stuff I've seen with the new guy seemed like it was based off of rejected Tim and Eric scripts, instead of the great stuff you guys used to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Will there be a physical release of the movie?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The movie is out now on iTunes : https://itun.es/i6L65xz

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Will there be a physical release of the movie?

They are doing a limited theater run of it, but other than that I doubt it.

socrates chugwolf
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp
:iamafag:

Cleft Loaf
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp
:iamafag:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
What

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
New THAC video seems to hint at the April 4th date or 44 whatever that may be.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Hey so the movie is good. If you liked season 1 then you will enjoy it. Very suspenseful and not as much time wandering in the woods as I expected.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know if I'd call the movie good. It's not bad though. A lot of jump scares though. Like a lot of them. It's worth a watch if you got nothing better to do but you won't come out it all "OMG what a great movie!"

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Just watched it as well. It was a decent by the numbers found footage movie, but I felt the special effects kinda... Cheapened it? Part of the charm of MH was it was low budget and the special effects just felt too high tech.

Still, it was entertaining.

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
Watching it now as well, jump scares ahoy but it's decent. I actually like their Slenderman. Look "real" in a sense.

Doug Jones edit: Not one of you were giddy with Doug Jones as Slenderman, for shame. :colbert:

Indubitable Leg fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 21, 2015

kilogram
Mar 29, 2012

Cyborg Senator
Movie is fine. It incorporates a bunch of elements from the series and is a decent horror movie in general.

What really pissed me off is that I wanted to pay to watch it, but none of their VOD options worked in my country, and I couldn't even find a torrent, so I had to resort to some lovely 480p tube site :arghfist::mad:

Must have been the easiest job for Doug Jones ever, though. I too want to get paid to stand around in the background wearing a mask.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Haven't watched the MH movie yet, but I have been rewatching EMH cuz I'm stuck at home and have nothing better to do with my time. Apparently I originally gave up on it in mid-2011, because there's a ton of stuff from that point on that I don't remember seeing, including the fact that a goon is pretty involved in the story for a bit.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like they uploaded one last TTA style video.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
This just came up on the Marble hornets channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkZDs8CBDkk

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
They had a similar teaser video a while back, could be a side series?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Getting a vaguely Wyoming Incident vibe from it.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

i got a redundant spaceman vibe. im not sleeping tonight for sure

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Indubitable Leg posted:

They had a similar teaser video a while back, could be a side series?

Yes, this is the new series they have been working on.

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
Ah ok cool. Didn't see Slender man specifically so maybe it's going for more of a Twin Peaks/Wayward Pines vibe? Since I'm guessing it's centered around a town or an organization.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Indubitable Leg posted:

Ah ok cool. Didn't see Slender man specifically so maybe it's going for more of a Twin Peaks/Wayward Pines vibe? Since I'm guessing it's centered around a town or an organization.

I would be pretty surprised if it had anything to do with slenderman at all. I'm betting that it will be more Twin Peaks style, as the THAC guys all seem like the types who would be big fans of that show.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It has nothing to do with Slender Man, I imagine it would just feel like a repeat to them. From what I can see, all the other big Slender Man YouTube shows are still meandering along, and updating once or twice a year.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Oasx posted:

It has nothing to do with Slender Man, I imagine it would just feel like a repeat to them. From what I can see, all the other big Slender Man YouTube shows are still meandering along, and updating once or twice a year.

The only other one I followed was EverymanHYBRID and yeah, I think that only updates maybe twice a year if you're lucky. (Unless it ended? I didn't see the most recent video).

Unfiction seems to think this is related to "proxies", but I really think (and kind of hope) it's a new thing.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Probably a new series, considering they have a patreon for it.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Jsor posted:

The only other one I followed was EverymanHYBRID and yeah, I think that only updates maybe twice a year if you're lucky. (Unless it ended? I didn't see the most recent video).

Unfiction seems to think this is related to "proxies", but I really think (and kind of hope) it's a new thing.

I love how "proxies" became a huge pillar of the Slenderman mythos despite being based entirely on Marble Hornets speculation which turned out to not be true.

To be fair, I'd imagine the guys originally intended for Masky to be working for the Operator rather than against him, at least as far as they had any idea what role he'd play in the plot, which was probably much less of a factor than "hey I bought a spooky mask at the arts and crafts store, lets have Tim wear it and attack Jay!"

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It was also a part of the Marble Hornets dvd kickstarter, they had a stretch goal that allowed the series to be fully funded.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I don't give a poo poo about this stupid crap

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I'm still not 100% sure what a proxy is even though people have been asking me about it for years.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I'm still not 100% sure what a proxy is even though people have been asking me about it for years.

The way I understand it, it's basically possession by demons Slender Man.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I think it involves routing your internet traffic through another server/IP.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

big mean giraffe posted:

I think it involves routing your internet traffic through another server/IP.

They're never going to trace Slenderman, he's got all these proxies and he lags online games something fierce.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I don't give a poo poo about this stupid crap

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Thanks for the update brah we really needed to know.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
ahhh scary online stuff

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

big mean giraffe posted:

Thanks for the update brah we really needed to know.

I think the trolls are way more excited about poo poo happening in this thread than I ever have been.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

is it spooky because he's slender or is he slender because it's spooky

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

MockingQuantum posted:

I think the trolls are way more excited about poo poo happening in this thread than I ever have been.

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
New video up. Similar TTA vibe

https://youtu.be/lwOmZc-eVl8

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Do you think slenderman REALLY told those girls to stab their friend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
You can't prove he didn't. :tinfoil:

• Locked thread