Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The Packers have no inside linebackers and their defensive linemen are all suspended. You don't want to root for that defense.

Actually it's pretty fun. And losing Guion for a couple of games will hurt but nothing much will change without Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ehud posted:

lol @ picking any team that has won a Super Bowl recently

be a real man and root for a loser

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ross Angeles posted:

Lol if you think the Packers are an east coast team

Sure they're in fly over country, but they get the media coverage of an east coast team.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Rooting for the Packers may be fun, but rooting for the Packers defense is less so.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

If you didn't cheer for the Ryan Jets when they played NE then you can gently caress right the hell off. :colbert:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Clay Matthews is now an ILB. Packers defense will be top 10 this year.

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

Ehud posted:

lol @ picking any team that has won a Super Bowl recently

be a real man and root for a loser

Seriously... half the fun of football is wishing your team Giants or Packers type sustained success. Starting with a team like that is a shortcut.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SpclKen posted:

Seriously... half the fun of football is wishing your team Giants or Packers type sustained success. Starting with a team like that is a shortcut.

if the Phins ever won a Super bowl I would consider walking away from football fandom forever

not really though because the Gators have won 3 titles in my life and I'm real mad that they suck right now

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Root for the Browns and embrace the fact that life is meaningless and God is a cruel joke

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Leon Einstein posted:

Clay Matthews is now an ILB. Packers defense will be top 10 this year.

Being forced to move your best pass rusher inside isn't a good thing.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I've only ever encountered one non-annoying packers fan IRL, and coincidentally he was the only one to not look like he was made out of mashed potatoes

TFF Packers posters are cool though

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

Ross Angeles posted:

Lol if you think the Packers are an east coast team

wisconsin does have an east coast tbf

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Being forced to move your best pass rusher inside isn't a good thing.

He plays both while the younger dudes get up to speed with the system. The rushing defense was much better with him on the inside. The defense got better by getting rid of Hawk and Jones.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It doesn't matter who is on the Packers as long as Rodgers is healthy.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

This is the year Rodgers turns into Schaub.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

No Butt Stuff posted:

This is the year Rodgers turns into Schaub.

:lol: There's no way that'll happen.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Be a Titans fan and take over my spot in actually caring about them so I can stop

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Be a Titans fan and take over my spot in actually caring about them so I can stop

my man, you got a promising young QB

everything's gonna be okay

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Stories from Packers training camp to make sure there's not another Giants fan.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Oh yeah packers players are also goony as gently caress and love settlers of catan. And Rodgers won jeopardy.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ehud posted:

*flashes back to Vince Young and Jake Locker, the last two promising young QBs*

*shudders*

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ehud posted:

*flashes back to Vince Young and Jake Locker, the last two promising young QBs*

*shudders*

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

reMINDER andy dalton uses bing.com to beng a bang

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the cool thing about having a young QB is when he sucks you just tell everyone "well yeah but he's just a rookie"

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

Ehud posted:

the cool thing about having a young QB is when he sucks you just tell everyone "well yeah but he's just a rookie"

And then when he marginally improves the next year or two you can say "He's getting better every year"!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

TubeStank posted:

Oh yeah packers players are also goony as gently caress and love settlers of catan. And Rodgers won jeopardy.

I think the majority of offensive lineman are giant loving nerds

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Titans have a "one in, one out" policy; only one person is allowed to be their fan at a time.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If you are settled on one of those two teams, pick the one with the cool gay quarterback.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Picture Liverpool. Now picture a Liverpool that is most definitely not star-crossed, a Liverpool that consistently rewards its fans' delusions, always leads the league in goals scored, has recently won championships, and regularly gets to the knockout stages in the Champions League. Imagine Gerrard retiring, then Liverpool immediately replacing him with Messi. Then think long and hard about becoming a fan of that team.

It sounds pretty rad, but there are principles at stake here. :colbert:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Picture Liverpool. Now picture a Liverpool that is most definitely not star-crossed, a Liverpool that consistently rewards its fans' delusions, always leads the league in goals scored, has recently won championships, and regularly gets to the knockout stages in the Champions League. Imagine Gerrard retiring, then Liverpool immediately replacing him with Messi. Then think long and hard about becoming a fan of that team.

Picture not following a team whose fans are referred to as "gooners".

:getin:

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 7, 2015

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Chichevache posted:

I agree with this, except the way you choose the team to root for shouldn't be by who you love, but by who you hate. Find the team that sticks in your craw, the player you want to throw stale beer at, and the owner whose heart attack you dream of. Then cheer for their rival.

I wish for the death of Dan Snyder and want to throw beer at head/knee hunter Brandon Meriweather, so I guess that makes me a Giants fan.

Everything that annoys me about the Yankee fanbase is balanced out by the Giants fans. It's not like Boston / New England where each team feeds off of each other's persecution complex and makes everything about that area an awful fanbase.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

I wish for the death of Dan Snyder and want to throw beer at head/knee hunter Brandon Meriweather, so I guess that makes me a Giants fan.

Redskins and Seahawks actually have an interesting little rivalry, at least the players do. Every drat game they end up fighting, getting chippy, or jawing like divisional rivals. This season's game is going to be a lot of fun.

El Seano
Dec 30, 2008

Aaron Rodgers is Messi? That's high praise.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

El Seano posted:

I don't even like his team, but that's an apt comparison. He's the reigning MVP and one of the best ever.

(gently caress Packers)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

El Seano posted:

this throw ultimately was brought back because of a holding call, but still

being a packers fan means you get to see cool poo poo like this on the regular

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
The Packers are my side team but even I think it's cataclysmically unfair that they got to go from Favre to Rodgers.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chromatic posted:

The Packers are my side team but even I think it's cataclysmically unfair that they got to go from Favre to Rodgers.

Nah, almost every other NFL team had a chance to draft Rodgers and passed.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with GB. You can hate the Colts though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I wish the 49ers would have drafted Rodgers so he would have been ruined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Don't be like every other fan just getting into football and be a Packers fan.

They are everywhere and outside of this board they are insufferable.

• Locked thread