Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

poo poo Farm posted:

posting poo poo

poo poo Farm? More like poo poo Poster, am I right fellas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Actually I think he got fired the first time for badmouthing the team due to their under-preparedness. And I wasn't being cheeky, Van Der Garde is driving the C3 on the 22nd at a Dutch Motor/Plane show.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I would like a job where I drove/raced unsuccessful vintage F1 cars.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Human Grand Prix posted:

I would like a job where I drove/raced unsuccessful vintage F1 cars.

He did pretty well at the goodwood revival last year in a badass AC Cobra. Seems a farily cool guy, to me.

also hes had sex

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Brainwrong posted:

I have no idea who Nico Rosberg is playing weird-chess with in that photo. Is it Jules Bianchi?

Weird chess? That's Backgammon you rube.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Riso posted:

Weird chess? That's Backgammon you rube.

:spergin:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Are Nico's glasses shattered or is it just a Teutonic trick of the light?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Are Nico's glasses shattered or is it just a Teutonic trick of the light?

The only thing of Nico's that is shattered is his championship challenge.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

NtotheTC posted:

Don't worry, I'm betting the girl he had sex with is the equivalent of the car he's taken Eau Rouge flat out in.

las...last year's model? :sweatdrop:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

The only thing of Nico's that is shattered is his championship challenge.

Take that back right now

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Take that back right now

I wanted to believe in Rosberg's mind games so badly but that dream died in the past two races. Atleast now we are at the heart of the rise of the all conquering Mclaren Honda

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I
I believe
I believe that mclaren are poo poo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Alonso dominated both the mercedes last race, that's nothing to laugh about. Button doesn't count because he's a poo poo fraud so comparing him isn't valid.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
<<< lol

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
Was playing Project Cars with a mate last night and he started to slag off ARE PASTOR! I put him straight immediately the loving racist :pastor:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Poison Jam posted:

Was playing Project Cars with a mate last night and he started to slag off ARE PASTOR! I put him straight immediately the loving racist :pastor:

By "put him straight" do you mean straight into a wall?

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

pik_d posted:

By "put him straight" do you mean straight into a wall?

...at 180mph+ we accidentally touched and he went into what looked like a long term relationship with the armco barrier :D

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
In another chapter of me watching old races that everyone here has already seen, I just watched San Marino 82 and drat no wonder poor Gilles was so angry

He was beaten fair and square but that was still extremely poo poo by Pironi

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

El Hefe posted:

In another chapter of me watching old races that everyone here has already seen, I just watched San Marino 82 and drat no wonder poor Gilles was so angry

He was beaten fair and square but that was still extremely poo poo by Pironi

Ferrari in general were very poo poo that season. There really was nothing they could blame for them losing the WDC that season but themselves.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ferrari, Renault, and BMW hosed up big time that season. Especially Ferrari, they had the best car.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's hard to blame the team for what happened tbh.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
they didn't have radios back then? I see they only showed a single SLOW sign to Pironi after Gilles re-passed him

they could've done more

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I mean you can call that a gently caress-up if you want but drawing a clean line of blame from that incident to what happened later in the year is kind of silly imo.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It really depends on what version of events you believe with Gilles crash really, some say he was on a fast lap others say he was returning to the pit. The whole Pironi thing was just stupidity from Ferrari, why they needed to test some new spec rain tires in near blind conditions with a car that was already on pole is beyond me. Even if it was worth 2.5 seconds a lap all that meant was that the Brabham cars might have passed Pironi before blowing up.

El Hefe posted:

they didn't have radios back then? I see they only showed a single SLOW sign to Pironi after Gilles re-passed him

they could've done more

Radios only came in by the mid 80s, they couldn't get a good signal all around the track before that I believe. It really is a tragedy that Are Gilles was stitched up like that though :canada:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Another dogshit motogp race, that's three in a row. I urge everyone to not fall for the hype and to avoid this fraudulent racing series. Stick to the F1

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Every motogp race won by a spaniard is a bit poo poo tbh

edit: also every race that doesn't involve racist chav oval office bradley smith flinging himself off his bike

funeral fag fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 16, 2015

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Sorry I should have explained that I was just closing it for the summer break. I don't give a poo poo so you guys can just use this thread for the rest of the season if you want.

enri posted:

Because OP of the other thread is a massive human being, that's why

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

When the other thread re-opens, lets just stay here and ignore the faggatory that is Keevo.

:smith:

El Hefe posted:

btw did keevo close the other thread to preserve the sanctity of such a great thread? lol

The only thing worth preserving from that thread is the second post with all the images.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

keevo posted:

Sorry I should have explained that I was just closing it for the summer break. I don't give a poo poo so you guys can just use this thread for the rest of the season if you want.

The only thing worth preserving from that thread is the second post with all the images.

The regulars were all the OP of the last thread Keevo. But you are forgiven.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

keevo posted:

It was pretty naive of you to think someone wasn't gonna just make some new thread. lol that you actually thought no one would do it

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I'm dumb ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
One week y'all.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

keevo posted:

I spent the whole time thinking there wasn't going to be another F1 thread until the next race because you didn't link a new one in the last post, you jerk :mad:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Wolfie and Hammie are already making excuses for the new start procedures:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120333

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Wolfie and Hammie are already making excuses for the new start procedures:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120333

FIA bans start assists and big fraud Lewis starts having problems

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"Reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton expressed expectation the starts would become "more unpredictable", potentially lead to "more weaving", and in a worst-case scenario even be 'disastrous'."

Such a petulant child. That's how all starts should be.

Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRlQPr7LKV0

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Alain Post posted:

Another dogshit motogp race, that's three in a row. I urge everyone to not fall for the hype and to avoid this fraudulent racing series. Stick to the F1

You should really watch all 3 races, not just the main one. There's going to be at least one amazing race full of action, this time it was Moto3. It's usually Moto3 anyway. If you're watching on a DVR and skip all the pre/post race stuff, all 3 races take less time to watch than 1 F1 race.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

krushgroove posted:

You should really watch all 3 races, not just the main one. There's going to be at least one amazing race full of action, this time it was Moto3. It's usually Moto3 anyway. If you're watching on a DVR and skip all the pre/post race stuff, all 3 races take less time to watch than 1 F1 race.

Agreed friend. Moto 2/3 GP owns.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Moto2 has been bad for a few years now.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think Niki Lauda was at the last motogp and said it was the best racing out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought the start to this season was OK but it's fallen off a bit with the Ducatis being unable to mount any sort of challenge, plus Germany and Brno being really bad. Really I like it, I just couldn't stand the fans yelling about how it was so much better than F1 when the last consistently good season for the premier class was 2006. 2012 was the best F1 season in years and the worst MotoGP season in years, and people were still saying that poo poo.

• Locked thread