Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

If humans do end up colonizing another planet either by terraforming mars or venus or finding an exoplanet within a distance that we reach, should we let all the races be a part of it? My thoughts are, no.

it shold be like star wars or star trek: one race per planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

I want to point out that there a goons in this thread who think that Germany is larger than the Entire United States in terms of landmass and that's why they always use the cop numbers as some sort of valid comparison.

Texas is larger than Germany. Germany can actually fit inside the state of Texas. You're better off just looking at state level statistics if you want to draw some closer comparisons.

Seriously once you get out of the coastal regions you have very very few police and even less who needed to shoot a person.

What does geopgraphical land mass size have to do with police shooting statistics :confused:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

Even black women have a lower incarceration rate than white men. any honest reader of statistics must concede all penis-havers are savage apes who should be given estrogen treatment regimens as soon as they hit puberty. Gender realism, peopl.e
Taking out the prescribed solution, you would have to be rather blinkered to deny that men are significantly more violent and prone to crime than women, yes.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

spacemang_spliff posted:

it shold be like star wars or star trek: one race per planet non-protagonist vessel

ftfy

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!
Soiled Meat

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

If humans do end up colonizing another planet either by terraforming mars or venus or finding an exoplanet within a distance that we reach, should we let all the races be a part of it? My thoughts are, no.

There should be a lottery for each position, within the given qualification considerations.

A lottery helped to build the Panama canal, why shouldn't it help a Mars colony.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN
Daily reminder: none of our lives matter, carry on

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

The B_36 posted:

What does geopgraphical land mass size have to do with police shooting statistics :confused:

USA is a big place with all kinds of police departments with different ROEs

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

BIG NORTH posted:

Daily reminder: none of our lives matter, carry on

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Someone post the first chapter of Red Mars where he says how stinky all the Saudis are.

Oh and how the Japanese women is making a male harem with her researchers.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

yea they dont get that you only have to do it once, and after that you have a racially pure society and it might as well be communism, smooth sailing from there on out. break a few eggs and all that. did people think the liberation of mankind was going to be pretty??

peace after a lot of bloodshed isn't the goal of fascism, the war itself is the goal.

world fascism is like 1984; eternal war for the sole purpose of consuming resources to keep the economy moving.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Moridin920 posted:

peace after a lot of bloodshed isn't the goal of fascism, the war itself is the goal.

world fascism is like 1984; eternal war for the sole purpose of consuming resources to keep the economy moving.
I don't know. That's the sort of idea that Futurist poets or whatever talked about, but it seems kind of implausible in any real-world context with human beings at the post. A hypothetical post-war fascist society strikes me that it might not be that far off from 1950s cold war America - racially exclusionary policies, strong state-corporate cooperation, heavy military investment for fear of the external foe and on general principle, but not actual forever war. Main difference would probably be even heavier interference with academics and artists.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
fun game: compare gbs bumblefuck opinions on black lives matter protestors to their opinions on nazi protestors

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
where do i go to protest protesting?

by which i mean protest black people

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
many cops do have degrees, because in the good places it's competitive, in some departments it's required to have a 4 year degree

you just won't find people with a degree willing to work lovely places like ferguson for obvious reasons

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Tezzor posted:

fun game: compare gbs bumblefuck opinions on black lives matter protestors to their opinions on nazi protestors

Tezzor aren't you that goon who defends sweatshops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woefGojptXQ

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Tezzor posted:

compare DnD opinions on isreal with neo nazi's too.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tezzor posted:

I don't approve of either

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

NutritiousSnack posted:

Sedanchair once argues that anti-semetism doesn't exist in Western countries, that's just a lie created by Zionists to garner sympathy.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Sedanchair once argues that anti-semetism doesn't exist in Western countries, that's just a lie created by Zionists to garner sympathy.

Isn't he the dude who pretended to be black for years but got found out to be a white cishet male

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

he's right, the fact is we got to own the fact neo nazis are loving good

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
The BLM people have attempted to disrupt Hillary Clinton's rallies but they failed miserably due to competent bodyguards.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

NutritiousSnack posted:

just checked; they seem quite different

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

people should stop breaking the law lol

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Fluo posted:

Isn't he the dude who pretended to be black for years but got found out to be a white cishet male

yes

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

MSNBC apparently has tape of a private BLM / Hillary meeting in NH last week and is going to air it this hour. :munch:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

lmao,. him and zeitgeuist were like posting twins

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mdm posted:

where do i go to protest protesting?

by which i mean protest black people

wear blackface and become the president of your local naacp

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

wear blackface and become the president of your local naacp

And by blackface you mean don't comb your hair that morning.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Coolie Ghost posted:

lmao literally the one candidate who has any capacity to help their movement

Ah yes, their "movement".

lol

mlk would have taken a huge steaming dump on their movement.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Tezzor posted:

just checked; they seem quite different

i wear my swastika loud and proud friend, wear yours too and the dream of the Zionist (leanred this word from DnD) menace will be gone.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
like i seriously want tezzor to explain the "I disagree with blm protestors and think their self defeating idiots" is more extreme then the sometimes outright anti semitic DnD's poo poo other than "i agree with the later"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
BLM= Big Losers Movement

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
what if we just agree that it's okay to be xenophobic but not racist? then we can all hate people who are different from us, most of whom live in another country so we can't oppress them. seems like a working theory imo.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Taint Reaper posted:

BLM= Big Losers Movement

the show does treat its contestants very poorly, yes

The Saurus posted:

what if we just agree that it's okay to be xenophobic but not racist? then we can all hate people who are different from us, most of whom live in another country so we can't oppress them. seems like a working theory imo.

the problem comes up when you have lovely rich people playing tourist within their own country, and then when they see locals or first nations people and they're like "go back to your own country you piece of poo poo leech"

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

Even black women have a lower incarceration rate than white men. any honest reader of statistics must concede all penis-havers are savage apes who should be given estrogen treatment regimens as soon as they hit puberty. Gender realism, peopl.e

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Explosives and Testosterone.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Jesus christ this is loving depressing.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Al Cowens posted:

Yeah girls need to step their prison game up if they're fighting against the patriarchy.

Think of all those prison sports matches that the men won by default because the women didn't have enough for a full team.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Al Cowens posted:

It really really is.

The suicide rates are too. Highest cause of death for men under 40 is suicide and the highest chance is at 20-24 and then again at mid 40s.
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/feb/19/number-of-suicides-uk-increases-2013-male-rate-highest-2001
Number of suicides in UK increases, with male rate highest since 2001
ONS figures show 6,233 suicides of over 15-year-olds registered in 2013, 252 more than in 2012, and that the male suicide rate is three times the female rate

But #killallmen right hurf durf

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
That graph pretty much confirms every bias I have about being weary of white women. They'll get me locked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
No I'm not Jon Pop. gently caress you.

• Locked thread