Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Man rovert, this is getting a little ridiculous. I've sided with you before when I felt like people were unfairly piling on, and I appreciate the occasional behind-the-scenes tidbits you post, but it seems like everything you post now is either praise of Becky, criticism of Charlotte, or another chapter in your bitter feud with SDR. Sometimes all three at once.

Also, I'm not sure I get the point of that latest thing you posted. Is it just that "people on the internet believe SDR is an important piece of the improvement in WWE women's wrestling"? If so, they probably got that idea from Sasha and Paige explicitly saying it in podcast interviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The_Rob posted:

Why would anyone ever apologize to you?

https://mobile.twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/604041708817416192

Dave told you to

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

It's an angle you marks. They're doing rovert/SDR at mania.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yuriy posted:

They're different products

If I wanted bare-bones storylines with really good in-ring work I'd watch NJPW

If I wanted bad storylines with mediocre ring works that are convenient to watch and always on I'd watch WWE

If I want the best of both worlds in terms of in-ring and storylines I'd watch Lucha Underground but I CANT BECAUSE THERES NO loving SEASON 2

You ever give Dragon Gate a try?

You have to get the storylines from http://iheartdg.com so it's not quite the same as LU I know, but the ring work is often excellent (esp in multimans) and a ton of their roster space is dedicated to ripped flippy guys who do cool moves.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 19, 2015

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

schweens posted:

Wow she produces matches and works with main roster women now in addition to training all of the women in NXT. Where does SDR find the time?

She only produces the good matches and wrestlers but not the bad ones.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rovert posted:

yeah, Norman Smiley produces those

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

gently caress norman smiley for putting alicia fox matches on my tv

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

rovert posted:

I'm glad you finally admitted this.

Now we can quote this post forever.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm glad you finally admitted this.

Now we can quote this post forever.

Please don't do that

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
So Del Rey alone personally trained these amazing women wrestlers in NXT and now she's giving that up to travel on the road with them so she can continue to help them improve and choreograph all of their intense and creative matches? What an incredible woman!

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Hace posted:

No it doesn't.

See: The Ascension

The Ascension where going over jobbers that had no place being on WWE TV. Maybe it is easy with 20/20 vision but I remember a Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels being squashed by Taka, mainly because I loved Taka and tried to watch all of his matches. The Too Sexy guys, Brian Christopher and Scotty along with the Hardys use to be just jobbers that then became tag teams. What we need is a Jason Jordan on the main rooster, someone to squash but has a name. Maybe Jason Jordan could get wins on NXT but looses on Smackdown and Superstars. Transition a guy up as a jobber so when they get a win on RAW it is a big deal.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I think that Summerslam will be a good show.

Owens v Cesaro will be a very good match, in my opinion.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

That's why she gets all the credit. She is simply the best.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

apologize to me now as I have provided proof for a thing that nobody really doubted

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Please apologize to the Poor Man's MetsFan4Ever.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
What I want to know rovert is why you think SDR is some kind of rear end in a top hat for being talked about in a positive light by the company she works for and doing the job she gets paid to do.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl3M_0FKoJQ

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

ayn rand hand job posted:

Lex probably would have gotten the belt eventually if he hadn't jumped to WCW.

I've been rewatching lots of the older Royal Rumbles and Manias over the last few months and if you had asked me if Luger was the Champ at some point I would've said, "definitely, yeah." I think a big part of that is because when they introduced him for the second time as the Red White and Blue America Man, Vince was announcing and he went apeshit for him in one of the ppvs. "Here comes Lex Luger! YESS YESSS! YESSSSSS! Look at him! Yes!" He was selling how amazing Lex Luger as hard as he possibly could. When I think of Luger, I always think of that moment. He was definitely on his way to being champ at that point in time.

Also, I'm with whoever was a few pages back talking about wanting to see Rusev crush the poo poo out of Ziggler. Rusev is always the most entertaining part of any match that he's in. His face sells whatever fury or confusion or joy he's experiencing at the time, and he's a goddamn treasure. I feel like most other people would look really stupid in a bad way with this whole Summer/Lana feud during or after each of their matches, but Rusev is just killing it every time.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

rovert posted:

You can all apologise to me now

lmao

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Green Lantern Fan.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Smiley and Brookside are on suicide watch thanks to this article ignoring them.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/08/19/wwe-diva-revolution-charlotte-sasha-banks-becky-lynch

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Please apologize to the Poor Man's MetsFan4Ever.

I said Del Rey was removed from full time training on here in March. Months before the WWE announced it or anyone reported it.

The_Rob posted:

What I want to know rovert is why you think SDR is some kind of rear end in a top hat for being talked about in a positive light by the company she works for and doing the job she gets paid to do.

They did the same with Bill Demott

Moving on did anyone catch Nikki Bella clearly wanting to rank management favourite Charlotte third?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sorry to interrupt rovertchat with more metaposting but guess what:

I like WWE. I like ROH. I like PWG. I love Lucha Underground. I'd buy an NJPW World sub if A) there was an easy way to mobile stream it and B) someone hadn't recently stolen my identity and forced me to temporarily take the money I had budgeted on an NJPW World sub and spend it on identity theft protection (I know, sucks right?). I just love pro wrestling of basically all shapes and sizes. It's awesome. I criticize WWE and I get pissed about booking all the time but I'm not "LOL WWE sucks big butts, anyone who watches it is wasting their time, that Raw made me want to kill myself" either.

What I'm criticizing is not people who dislike or criticize WWE. What I'm criticizing are people who are loving taints about what other people choose to enjoy, and I sorta feel like a scapegoat in the sense that I'm The WWE Fan but people getting on me is also totally fair because I bring it on myself sometimes for defending the product so much and yeah I get riled up so I'm a funny target I guess. That's cool. What's less cool is when I explain my viewpoint in an entirely rational manner, and/or when I say I have faith in something happening, people calling me delusional or whatever. I've been right in my faith before: CM Punk, Ambrose thus far, Sami Zayn (for a while some people said HHH supposedly going up to Sami after the Cesaro match and telling him he showed him something was just lip service), and yes, Daniel Bryan (as soon as he was the one to beat The Shield in a six man, I messaged a poster here and said it was the start of something big for Bryan, and I consider that in hindsight the start of The Push). I've also been hilariously, mock-worthy wrong in my faith before: The Nexus (and Ryback and Wade Barrett in particular), Dean going over Bray (the only times I've melted down about singular booking recently were after those matches), Dean having a great showing in this year's Rumble, and I'm sure lots of other examples too.

But the only reason I still have faith in things is because A) my track record of gut feelings is pretty good, and B) I choose not to view my wrestling through cynical eyes. Lots of you guys get that and that's awesome. I just get tired of getting poo poo for it from some others mostly because it doesn't do anything but put a damper on things. I like posting on this board and love the community pretty much to a person as long as there aren't arguments about WWE going on at the time and the degree to which it sucks or not, which is unfortunate because those permeate the threads a lot but WWE is what I most enjoy discussing week to week so I'm kinda in a no-win position.

Can we just be cool to each other, guys? :unsmith:

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

ShakeZula posted:

Man rovert, this is getting a little ridiculous. I've sided with you before when I felt like people were unfairly piling on, and I appreciate the occasional behind-the-scenes tidbits you post, but it seems like everything you post now is either praise of Becky, criticism of Charlotte, or another chapter in your bitter feud with SDR. Sometimes all three at once.

rovert posted:

Moving on did anyone catch Nikki Bella clearly wanting to rank management favourite Charlotte third?

LOL

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
What the WWE needs to do to fix their product 100% is give SDR the pencil. I'll buy five network subs.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Lmao @ trying to read into the softest of softball questions

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe-news/44145-wwe-news-wrestlemania-comes-to-minneapolis

Didnt see this posted. I travel for Mania going back to 26, and this news doesn't exactly thrill me. Can someone from Minneapolis tell me Im dumb and the city is awesome, because right now Im thinking this one will probably end the travel streak.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

I stand up for SamuraiFoochs.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Rovert, people would be way more cool with you posting poo poo about how Norman Smiley etc deserve as much coverage as SDR if 1: you did it in response to people talking about SDR, instead of just randomly and in the middle of entirely unrelated conversations and 2: if you didn't post poo poo with the most absurdly smug tone imaginable. I get what you're saying and I understand why you're upset by it, but your tone is so absurdly haughty for being about backstage stuff in our dumb fake sport entertainment that it's really hard not to make fun of you.

edit: To contribute: summerslam is the first WWE event since Mania that I've been honest to god excited for. Really looking forward to the comic book match and especially watching RUSEV CRUSH THE FOOL ZIGGLER FOR BEAUTIFUL BULGARIA AND NEW LANA

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

ParanoidInc posted:

I get what you're saying and I understand why you're upset by it

gently caress it, men get enough credit for things. Long live SDR!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RBX posted:

Nobody has to be mad to criticize your dumb WWE. I post on breaks at work it's not that hard to do. At least Foochs admits he looks dumb sometimes doing this.

You're not some kind of true fan just because you won't admit when it's bad.

It has nothing to do with whether it's objectively good or bad (which isn't objective at all), but how much enjoyment you get out of it. Just because something is bad doesn't mean it can't still be fun.

If all you enjoy is complaining and hatewatching, fine, but if someone genuinely doesn't enjoy it, I question why they watch at all.

ShakeZula posted:

You forgot his abject hatred of Blue Pants.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Charles Gnarwin posted:

gently caress it, men get enough credit for things. Long live SDR!

this is also entirely true, even if it's 100% WWE cynical attempts at PR we need more visible women wrestlers and trainers who are treated seriously and equally

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sounds like we need a revolution

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
FoochsTake:

This card is better than Mania, by like a shitload.

sticklefifer posted:

It has nothing to do with whether it's objectively good or bad (which isn't objective at all), but how much enjoyment you get out of it. Just because something is bad doesn't mean it can't still be fun.

If all you enjoy is complaining and hatewatching, fine, but if someone genuinely doesn't enjoy it, I question why they watch at all.

And if you're going to hatewatch at least be funny instead of just a dick. Carlisle was good at that. I miss him.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

oldpainless posted:

Sounds like we need a revolution

Perhaps a takeover?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
:siren:

Call it a ‘Diva Revolution’: WWE’s NXT producing female stars of the future

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/08/19/wwe-diva-revolution-charlotte-sasha-banks-becky-lynch

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Call it a ‘Diva Revolution’: WWE’s NXT producing female stars of the future

Divalution X ! Charlotte can be Triple H.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It must be sad being rovert.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Banks, Charlotte and Lynch are the backbone of an NXT Diva Revolution. It all came to a fever pitch when Stephanie McMahon, daughter of WWE owner Vince McMahon, announced the debut of the three on WWE’s flagship show, “Monday Night Raw.” In front of a global audience of millions, Stephanie uttered these immortal words: “I have set the table of opportunity, now I want to see who’s gonna take it.” 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I feel like I'm missing the chemical in my brain that makes people care about who trains and produces the wrestlematches I like.

That being said, Norman Smiley did the big wiggle and teamed up with Ralphus to fight Terry Funk while wearing football pads in a hardcore match so he's basically my hero.

• Locked thread