Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
It's like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
the players mourinho is happy with are falcao, courtois, oscar and willian

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Clearly the way to Mourinho's heart is to be past it, get sent off for dogso, get injured, or be poo poo.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

African AIDS cum posted:

Remember when Chelsea won the league last season

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

poo poo Farm posted:

the players mourinho is happy with are falcao, courtois, oscar and willian

They've been hiding in the toilets. He's not even seen them yet.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Lets hope the Bromwich can get tomorrow's game 'in the bag'

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Apparently Andy Carroll has done himself a mischief putting on his shoes and delayed his return for another 1-2 weeks.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

EvilHawk posted:

Apparently Andy Carroll has done himself a mischief putting on his shoes and delayed his return for another 1-2 weeks.

Can't wait for him to seal his place as the new Dean Ashton, rip

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Gary Lineker's hair/beard combo get wierder by the week.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

Can't wait for him to seal his place as the new Dean Ashton, rip

Dean Ashton was better.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Dean Ashton was better.

Andy Carroll is quite good and it would have been interesting to see how he had progressed if he could have stayed fit under a manager like Allardyce that played to his strengths.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Ewar Woowar posted:

Andy Carroll is quite good and it would have been interesting to see how he had progressed if he could have stayed fit under a manager like Allardyce that played to his strengths.

all premiership players could be 'quite good' in the right conditions and if they didn't snap like a nancy wasteman twig every 10 seconds

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

As someone who spends 90% of his time pointing out to people that their favourite mid-table striker is actually gash, I can confirm that Dean Ashton was better and could have been fully sick if they hadn't had to replace his ankles with bits of old tin

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Ewar Woowar posted:

Allardyce wasnt actually any good with Carroll, he's had three good games in two years. All against Swansea.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Spangly A posted:

Allardyce wasnt actually any good with Carroll, he's had three good games in two years. All against Swansea.

He has barely played though right?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its cool newcastle have signed the serbian andy carroll

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
If the baggies so much as nick a point I'll be doing myself a mischief

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Spangly A posted:

I hate the lanky fucker so much.

I also hate Jonjo Shelvey, who despite making big announcements to the media about getting in hsape and hiring a live-in chef, still went out and got pissed on Thursday night (Rangel was his driver). And you could tell today with how easily sundrland broek throughour midfield.

Poor Jack Cork can only do so much.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Andy Caroll is one of those paradoxical players whose market value is simultaneously worth £20m whilst being worth £0m to any actual team that plays football against other football teams.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Maybe he might live up to the hype this year. There's a lot of good crosses in the team now, he's going to have the best team built for him of his career. And if he can't hack that, send him for glue, or to Cardiff or something.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Spangly A posted:

Maybe he might live up to the hype this year. There's a lot of good crosses in the team now, he's going to have the best team built for him of his career. And if he can't hack that, send him for glue, or to Cardiff or something.

It's cute that you think he will actually play, he can't even put on shoes without injuring himself.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

sassassin posted:

I hate the lanky fucker so much.

I also hate Jonjo Shelvey, who despite making big announcements to the media about getting in hsape and hiring a live-in chef, still went out and got pissed on Thursday night (Rangel was his driver). And you could tell today with how easily sundrland broek throughour midfield.

Poor Jack Cork can only do so much.

Jack Cork is really good imo, what do you think of him

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

It's cute that you think he will actually play, he can't even put on shoes without injuring himself.

Wait was that not a joke?

"Carroll was thought to be nearing a return from a ligament injury which has kept him out since February, only for the England international to roll his ankle while putting on a pair of shoes."

:aaaaa:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

pik_d posted:

Wait was that not a joke?

"Carroll was thought to be nearing a return from a ligament injury which has kept him out since February, only for the England international to roll his ankle while putting on a pair of shoes."

:aaaaa:

He tore his hamstring falling off a barstool, the man is a walking comedy of injuries

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan Krkic posted:

He tore his hamstring falling off a barstool, the man is a walking comedy of injuries

I can't even tell whose just loving around at this point. Is there a legitimate point to be made by anyone that would support the idea that this person is a professional athlete

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I've seen him fly through the air, destroying Wayne Rooney and David de Gea in one move. No amateur is going to pull that off.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

flyingkiwi posted:

Jack Cork is really good imo, what do you think of him

He's both our worst (in talent) and best (in performance) midfielder. Nearest thing we have to a hard man in midfield.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Paddyb posted:

I've seen him fly through the air, destroying Wayne Rooney and David de Gea in one move. No amateur is going to pull that off.

best england goal of the past ten years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98bh5gtb1Sg

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

His technique in the air is so so good.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
e: ignore me!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

Can't wait for an egg to explode in his face

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Speaking of injured West Ham strikers, Diafra Sakho just posted on his snapchat with his legs covered in ice packs. Possible hamstring issue. We now have 5 first team strikers and 4 of them are injured. The other one is Maiga.

I guess it's time to re-sign Carlton Cole. Seems about right.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I dunno where to put this, but this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jernade_Meade

started for Arsenal in the cl against Olympiakos 3 years ago, and he now plays in the 9th tier of the English pyramid for Hadley FC.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

Ewar Woowar posted:

His technique in the air is so so good.

When he was fit he could out-jump a lot of CBs who you don't usually see getting beaten in the air. Got to think his many leg injuries will have put a stop to that though, assuming he ever stays fit for more than 2 weeks again. RIPs Big Andy.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Maybe combining Dean Ashton & Andy Carroll's body parts you can have a striker who will play 15 games a season

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
what are the rules on gene splicing?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Al2001 posted:

When he was fit he could out-jump a lot of CBs who you don't usually see getting beaten in the air. Got to think his many leg injuries will have put a stop to that though, assuming he ever stays fit for more than 2 weeks again. RIPs Big Andy.

I always assumed he'd have to retire at about 31 from knee injuries because his whole game was jumping and carrying a shitload of weight, didn't expect him to be permacrocked quite so soon

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

blue footed boobie posted:

I dunno where to put this, but this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jernade_Meade

started for Arsenal in the cl against Olympiakos 3 years ago, and he now plays in the 9th tier of the English pyramid for Hadley FC.

Had to look up the line up for that game and man does it bring back *bad* memories.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Had to look up the line up for that game and man does it bring back *bad* memories.

Arsenal: Szczesny; Jenkinson, Squillaci, Vermaelen, Meade; Rosicky, Ramsey, Coquelin; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh, Gervinho.

This was in 2012. That had to be the worst arsenal line up outside of the CoC in like 20 years.

I'm pretty sure I watched this match, but I don't remember it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal: Szczesny; Jenkinson, Squillaci, Vermaelen, Meade; Rosicky, Ramsey, Coquelin; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh, Gervinho.

This was in 2012. That had to be the worst arsenal line up outside of the CoC in like 20 years.

I'm pretty sure I watched this match, but I don't remember it at all.

13 Szczesny
06 Koscielny
20 Djourou yellow card
25 Jenkinson two yellow cards, red card
30 Traore
07 Rosicky
14 Walcott (Lansbury 83)
16 Ramsey
23 Arshavin yellow card
39 Coquelin (Oxlade-Chamberlain 62)
10 Van Persie (Chamakh 83)

was the lineup for the 8-2.