Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm going to try live in the moment where I'd seen all of takeover and up until New Day freaking out were everything was beautiful and pure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Skeezy posted:

tomorrow is vince's birthday.

happy birthday vince.

Does Vince get mad at his birthdays? He strikes me as the kind who does.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

You know in real sports it doesn't matter if the referee sees it because they're not the story.

counterpoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujJwHSf_bEs

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Strawberry Panda posted:

Have you never watched an NBA game?

or a baseball game? A sport in which the half the loving strike zone isn't even official and you get thrown out for arguing it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The New Day match and the Cena/Rollins match were pretty loving awesome. I say this as someone who only watches wrestling once or twice a year.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Well the rest of the show was pretty cool and overall decent, but having the two biggest matches have those finishes...

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

ParanoidInc posted:

the fact that they found a way to have BOTH competitors in a match tap out takes parity booking to a whole new lovely level

Brock didn't tap

nooneofconsequence posted:

You know in real sports it doesn't matter if the referee sees it because they're not the story.
this isn't true at all and I'm reasonably sure NBA reffing inspired this finish

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Kuroyama posted:

I've only recently gotten into wrestling, so I've no Undertaker that I watched as a kid to go crying to.

You don't cry to the Undertaker.
You read him bad poems about the dangers of drug use.

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006
Cesaro/Owens was pretty good, too

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Ozz81 posted:

Guessing WWE will go with "timekeeper saw Taker tap on the Tron" since a camera was pointed right at it for the replay

Was the tron feed the same as the live PPV feed? It usually isn't.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Longer than you think, Dad! LONGER THAN YOU THINK!

this is not a quote from a Shoot Video Q/A session

the jaunt really freaked me out as a kid, also the raft

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Jerusalem posted:

Does Vince get mad at his birthdays? He strikes me as the kind who does.

He's probably pissed that people are taking time away from working to light candles on a birthday cake and sing to him.

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?

Howling Man posted:

Yo how come they don't make undertaker all deathly pale like all them years ago? It would serve him better than eye make up and JUST FOR MEN THINNING HAIR.

Bitch do use a lot of purple eyeshadow, huh?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Jerusalem posted:

Undertaker. The angle now is Brock and Heyman saying he shouldn't have because he tapped and the timekeeper saw it, with the counter-argument being the ref is the only one who can make that call and if he missed it, well too loving bad plus the ref's decision is always final (except for when it is not). Then they'll have a rubber match at Mania to settle it once and for all.

I don't really see Brock as having anything left to prove here, he won the fair fight before and won again and had the moral victory in the second and has no reason to fight taker again unless taker goes around rubbing it in his face all year and what would that even look like? And even if there was a final match would be Brock kicking takers rear end and beating him again... surely? Noone would want to root for taker after that, and losing as a heel at mania and then retiring is just plain weird.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Strawberry Panda posted:

Undertaker made me wish Kane was wrestling instead which is really something.

The gently caress is this? It was a good match.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Shoehead posted:

I'm going to try live in the moment where I'd seen all of takeover and up until New Day freaking out were everything was beautiful and pure

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MotU posted:

the jaunt really freaked me out as a kid, also the raft

I remember watching the Creepshow version of The Raft and while it was cool seeing boobies, I couldn't help but think,"Really dude, you're doing this NOW!?!"

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Buckle up, Teddy.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Wendell posted:

The gently caress is this? It was a good match.

I mean yeah but Undertaker is so immobile now that I worry he's going to break something with every move he does.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Blasmeister posted:

losing as a heel at mania and then retiring is just plain weird.
this is a fairly common way to go out though?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blasmeister posted:

I don't really see Brock as having anything left to prove here, he won the fair fight before and won again and had the moral victory in the second and has no reason to fight taker again unless taker goes around rubbing it in his face all year and what would that even look like? And even if there was a final match would be Brock kicking takers rear end and beating him again... surely? Noone would want to root for taker after that, and losing as a heel at mania and then retiring is just plain weird.

It'll go in the record book as Taker beating Brock, who they are pushing as undefeated for 2.5 years (not true, but eh, it's wrestling), and he's gonna be pissed because it's not true. In effect, Taker has become the one in 2.5 years and 1 but in a false way, and the idea would seem to be that this is going to get under Brock's skin and make him want to have a rubber match with Taker to prove he wasn't beaten.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hammerstein posted:

Taker used to be cool and good - but now he's over 50 but looks like 70 and has to cheat and hit people in the junk to have a chance. This writing stinks and it's worse than Flair or Hogan in their twilight days.

See, I don't see it as an "Undertaker fights dirty" angle so much as a "crotch blows are Brock Lesnar's one weakness" angle and I expect them to play it up in the future, much like Cena's nose.

Brock Lesnar will wear crotch protection and Triple H will smash it with his sledgehammer. This is a promise I make to all of you.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Me too, kid. Me, too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wyoak posted:

this is a fairly common way to go out though?

yeah, and Taker, of all people, seems likely to subscribe to "you go out on your back"

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Then why give it to Lesnar? He's already the company's final boss.
This is all super silly, and a shame since Taker actually put on a pretty good match.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Good outcomes. Undertaker > Lesner, John Cena's loss is his own drat fault for knocking out the Ref, New Day and PCB won... I'm happy.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
So for the record Liger and Taker both went over on the same weekend at age 50 because these kids, the drat millennials, don't know the business dammit

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Have you never watched an NBA game?

Yes. They have instant replay all the time.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

Then why give it to Lesnar? He's already the company's final boss.

because they think Lesnar/Taker as a retirement match in Texas will draw big, probably

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

From that sad "You're gonna have to," I kind of thought Taker was going to do a Ric Flair/Shawn Michaels "Kill me now" thing. Hell, maybe he still is and this morph into Dickertaker is turning him into something like Evil Stone Cold, where he knows he has nothing left but he's still going to hang onto it. With dick kicks.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Luigi Thirty posted:

I can't wait to hear what Davey Boy Meltzer has to say about that one

quote:

Obviously the finish is to build for a third match.

Really good physical match.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Gregory Helms apparently watched this match and was all like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KrW7K_wyPs

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

WWE is so good at putting on shows that I think are decent to really fun and then throwing out a finish in the main that makes me retroactively feel distaste for the whole show. It is their biggest strength.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I want to see a loving mental match where the action is all an invisible psychic battle.

"Physical match", that's so stupid.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Hammerstein posted:

Taker used to be cool and good - but now he's over 50 but looks like 70 and has to cheat and hit people in the junk to have a chance. This writing stinks and it's worse than Flair or Hogan in their twilight days.

He looked great for a 50 year old 6'8" guy that's spent the last 25 years falling down a bunch

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
He should have retired after WM 28, it was the perfect moment to ride off into the sunset with the rest of his generation.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

I remember watching the Creepshow version of The Raft and while it was cool seeing boobies, I couldn't help but think,"Really dude, you're doing this NOW!?!"

i never seen them but I read all of skeleton crew in like 2nd grade and boy howdy that was just a lot to take in as a child

I did my fourth grade summer reading book report on the stand and that earned me a parent conference

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Well that was when Goodell actually made the refs the story so it's not really the same thing.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Charles Gnarwin posted:

WWE is so good at putting on shows that I think are decent to really fun and then throwing out a finish in the main that makes me retroactively feel distaste for the whole show. It is their biggest strength.

They have truly absorbed WCW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

electric funeral posted:

He looked great for a 50 year old 6'8" guy that's spent the last 25 years falling down a bunch

I know he' been working a lot longer but he's not much older than Haitch or Kane, I don't think it's a great excuse for, at least, his physical condition

• Locked thread