Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'm starting to come around to this idea.

Big meltdown post ahead...

- We have absolutely no idea how to attack a team that sits deep. This has been a problem at Liverpool for a long time and after about two minutes of yesterday's game you could see exactly what was going to happen. I understand why we kept the same defence that's looked decent enough in the first three games but given everyone knew how West Ham were going to play (hell, Bilic himself announced it) surely Rodgers could see that we'd struggle without any kind of width. Poor Joe Gomez was always offering self as an outlet but given he's a right footed centre back he was never going to be able to take on his player or hit the byline.

- Lovren is a massive clown. The second goal we conceded was entirely his fault and those step overs sums up his ability on the ball. If Sakho doesn't get into the team after that display I'll be really disappointed.

- Milner, Lucas and Can were very disappointing today. Lucas' positioning and work rate is and always has been good but those injuries took a toll on his body and it shows. He's too slow to turn when players run at him and he lacks the speed to catch up. When you combine him with Can, who is also slow off the mark, you're asking for trouble. Milner was trying to make things happen but he seemed reluctant to make runs in behind even when we were 0-2 down and desperately chasing the game. Henderson is not the perfect midfielder by any means but he's a great athlete and his willingness to get forward was sorely missed.

- I have never seen a collection of such terrible crosses. Not a single one was weighted right. Benteke did what he could but that was some of the most shocking service I've seen in my life. S'Land level of service.

- Firmino looks like he'll be a decent player for us (as he loving should be at that price) but too many times he took up the same area of the pitch as Coutinho did. He needs pull defenders away from Coutinho and create space. In fact our whole team needs to work on movement off the ball.

- That ref was an absolute loving joke. Coutinho's second yellow was harsh I thought but I can at least understand it. Noble's one was absolutely retarded and if it's not rescinded I'll be amazed. The amount of holding the West Ham defenders did on Benteke was ridiculous but they did it subtly enough that it was never called. Given Martin 'Handsy' Skrtel plays for us I'm not going to complain too much though.

- West Ham absolutely deserved their win and played the perfect game against us. Winston Reid is extremely good and I'm surprised the bigger sides haven't come in for him. Kouyate is also a really good player and I would love us to have a physical presence like that in front of our defence.

- We need to figure out very quickly how to play against teams that sit deep as almost every team will come to Anfield and try to do the same thing.

Nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Liverpool will not finish higher than fifth with Brendan Rodgers in charge. Fact.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
reminder that i luvd have been calling rodgers a shithouse for 3 years

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Pissflaps posted:

Liverpool will not finish higher than fifth with Brendan Rodgers in charge. Fact.

Nice initiative.

The worrying thing is the signings and the money wasted on every Aspas in the world, it's his squad at least twice over by this point.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

not not luvd posted:

reminder that i luvd have been calling rodgers a shithouse for 3 years

Same but longer and me, Pissflaps.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Pissflaps posted:

Same but longer and me, Pissflaps.

idk why people dont realise we're right

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

not not luvd posted:

idk why people dont realise we're right

They're in denial.

Which, unlike the Mersey, isn't a river in Liverpool.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
imagine a manager so bad youd rather have hodgson

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I hope Liverpool sack Rodgers before everyone realises that Alex Neil is the reincarnation of Fergie

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Need to sack Rodgers and panic-buy Klopp (can you panic-buy a manager? IDK) before Chelsea do :v:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

not not luvd posted:

imagine a manager so bad youd rather have hodgson

Lol lets not get carried away here.

I think Rodgers probably deserved another chance this season but it will be his last if it isn't a productive one. The team is actually not in that bad a shape at the moment so it really is on him this season to perform.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Seeing all of Liverpool's players run into each other when tracking back whenever West Ham was able to counter gave me great faith in the quality and the amount of tactical coaching they're receiving.

It's early in the season and there's a lot of new people who have to adapt, but that was a terrible game to watch.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Fowler said on Twitter it might be the worst performance he's seen.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Fowler said on Twitter it might be the worst performance he's seen.

Bitch it might be

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Ewar Woowar posted:

Nice meltdown

It really was and I look forward to more substantive and well written meltdowns throughout the season.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Arsenal have been absolute poo poo to start the season and yet lie in 5th. What a sad indictment of the league.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Shitshow posted:

Arsenal have been absolute poo poo to start the season and yet lie in 5th. What a sad indictment of the league.

Man U have been about as bad and could fart their way to 2nd tomorrow.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shitshow posted:

Same except about Liverpool.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it feels good to be back on top get hosed liverpool lol ~~

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Dean Lovren deleted his Instagram a few hours ago hahaha.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
the PL sucks now, too much money for the English clubs to spend so they do it thoughtlessly and in quantity instead of quality, and use it to compensate for other stuff they're lacking like good managers or team unity or proper youth systems. i fear there is no way back. money destroys all. greed is bad.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

They're in denial.

Which, unlike the Mersey, isn't a river in Liverpool.

BORO BANTZ

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Truth hurts innit?

big lol at chels and liverpool.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Mean Bean Machine posted:

the PL sucks now, too much money for the English clubs to spend so they do it thoughtlessly and in quantity instead of quality, and use it to compensate for other stuff they're lacking like good managers or team unity or proper youth systems. i fear there is no way back. money destroys all. greed is bad.

It is unwatchable isn't it

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
looks like Salomon Rondon can do it on a cold tuesday night in Stoke

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

Truth hurts innit?

big lol at chels and liverpool.

Welcome, new poster.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

Id take Rondon over Maldonado any day of the loving week

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

meat CRime posted:

Welcome, new poster.
he's a good old stoke fan. i'll take his opinion over the boring coattail riders!

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
actually I'm a boro fan with a soft spot for stoke.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

actually I'm a boro fan with a soft spot for stoke.
respect

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Its a day later and I am still loving furious about the adam red card

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

El Hefe posted:

this meme doesn't work anymore

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Byolante posted:

Its a day later and I am still loving furious about the adam red card

At Adam?

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Enjoying the Liverpool meltdown, but where are all the chels posters? Only posting when they're winning? I'd like some thoughts about what's going wrong. This is basically the same team that strolled to the title last year etc...

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Yeah we seem to be getting it worse than Chelsea but we've had a better start with a worse squad.

Mourinho sides are never sustainable. He doesn't know how to integrate youth at all and buys for the now as opposed to the future. Don't let all the loan players fool you- they're bought to make money, not to play for Chelsea. He also doesn't rotate his squad a whole lot so it wouldn't surprise me if a few of those players are actually burnt out. Ivanovic especially looks like he needs a long break.

I'm very much hoping Chelsea continue to struggle as I'm interested who Mourinho will blame next.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
otoh Mourinho got Falcao scoring

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

If you said at the start of the season we would have 7 points from the first 12 I would say wins against Bournemouth and West Ham and a draw away at Stoke would be about right. Unfortunately getting battered by West Ham at home as taken all the enthusiasm out of things. The only positive is that we're on the same points as Arsenal and (currently) United, so at least we're in the right areas.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

EvilHawk posted:

If you said at the start of the season we would have 7 points from the first 12 I would say wins against Bournemouth and West Ham and a draw away at Stoke would be about right. Unfortunately getting battered by West Ham at home as taken all the enthusiasm out of things. The only positive is that we're on the same points as Arsenal and (currently) United, so at least we're in the right areas.

Don't forget that you've been gifted half your points by poor refereeing, too!

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

My biggest issue with the West Ham game is we still clearly have no idea how to attack a team sitting so deep. It also means every other team will come and do the same thing to us because they can rely on the fact that one of our defenders will poo poo themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

fart simpson posted:

Don't forget that you've been gifted half your points by poor refereeing, too!

It all evens out my friend.

Ewar Woowar posted:

My biggest issue with the West Ham game is we still clearly have no idea how to attack a team sitting so deep. It also means every other team will come and do the same thing to us because they can rely on the fact that one of our defenders will poo poo themselves.

They weren't even sitting that deep, they were just compact. The absolute worst moment I can remember was a corner late in the first half, all the big boys come into the penalty area, and Milner plays a loving short corner and we lose possession.

• Locked thread