Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
*looks directly into the camaera*

Racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
"minority" concerns political power, not sheer numbers, dumb bum

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!iiiiii

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
black people definitely deserve to win the coming racial holy war and i wish them all the best

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

iiiiiiiiiiiit.

edit: ^^gently caress you

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Racism.

Best summary of OSCAR WINNING FILM "Crash" I've read yet.

Seriously Sandra Bullock in that movie was more laffo than Richard Pryor stand-up

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

literally the first loving sentence of the difficult-to-find and esoteric ivory tower sourcebook Wikipedia's article on "minority group"

quote:

Rather than a relational "social group", as the term would indicate, the term refers to a category that is differentiated from the social majority, that is, those who hold the majority of positions of social power in a society, and may be defined by law. The differentiation can be based on one or more observable human characteristics, including, but not limited to: ethnicity, race, gender, wealth, health or sexual orientation. Usage of the term is applied to various situations and civilizations within history, despite its popular mis-association with a numerical, statistical minority.[citation needed] In the social sciences, the term "minority" is used to refer to categories of persons who hold few positions of social power.

also the fourth sentence, and the third sentence clarifies the confusion with numerical minority

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

nomadologique posted:

literally the first loving sentence of the difficult-to-find and esoteric ivory tower sourcebook Wikipedia's article on "minority group"

also the fourth sentence, and the third sentence clarifies the confusion with numerical minority

oh poo poo so fundie christians really are a persecuted minority

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

anchoress posted:

my memes are too strong for you

meme game is stronk

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

nomadologique posted:

[citation needed]

are mayor, state's attorney, attorney general, president not positions of social power

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
as we see with africa, where colonial oppressors now a half-century gone are still blamed for today's problems, black people have no agency

one can imagine america with an entirely black population, save one white man, who will subsequently be blamed for causing all the crime and poverty with his evil whitey mind-control powers

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

black privelege is burning down your own neighborhood to get back at someone who doesn't live there. white people dont get that luxury, we have to actually go into the ghetto to get back at black ppl

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
It's hard to fight for a minority when they insult you for doing so. :smith:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
nothings on fire. left thread disappointed

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

anchoress posted:

[citation needed]

are mayor, state's attorney, attorney general, president not positions of social power

i agree that racism ended when we elected barack obama

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Racism.

I'm the guy in the background that shouts "Heritage!"

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
quote:

Rather than a relational "social group", as the term would indicate, the term refers to a category that is differentiated from the social majority, that is, those who hold the majority of positions of social power in a society, and may be defined by law. The differentiation can be based on one or more observable human characteristics, including, but not limited to: ethnicity, race, gender, wealth, health or sexual orientation. Usage of the term is applied to various situations and civilizations within history, despite its popular mis-association with a numerical, statistical minority.[citation needed] In the social sciences, the term "minority" is used to refer to categories of persons who hold few positions of social power.

This is your basic kettle of fog-brained horse-droppings.
You can't make useful effective policy based on crappola as above.
Goodbye, Baltimore.
Nuke it, napalm it, reduce it to gravel, shattered brick and calcined bone fragments and start over.

Blacks are gently caress-ups. Sorry.
John Waters is weeping bitter gaytears for his doomed hometown.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 2, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope everyone dies

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

anchoress posted:

[citation needed]

anchoress posted:

as we see with africa, where colonial oppressors now a half-century gone are still blamed for today's problems, black people have no agency

first of all, just like in africa it is possible to have colonial oppressors use oppressed peoples as puppets and have them in positions of authority for the sole purpose of having something to point to when people go 'but we are suffering in poverty and systemic oppression'

lol if you think just bc the president is half-black suddenly that erases the fact that most black people live in poverty with no economic opportunity.

and second you're a straight loving moron if you think many issues in africa today have nothing to do with what happened 50-100 years ago like just straight loving retarded. I don't even get this line of thought - you know things are cause and effect right? each generation doesn't just live in a vacuum with a clean slate.

like if today's woes have nothing to do with what happened half a century ago then why are India and Pakistan at each others throats (and why are they even separate countries)?

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 2, 2015

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
If you love them so much why dont you marry them? :smug:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

first of all, just like in africa it is possible to have colonial oppressors use oppressed peoples as puppets and have them in positions of authority for the sole purpose of having something to point to when people go 'but we are suffering in poverty and systemic oppression'

lol if you think just bc the president is half-black suddenly that erases the fact that most black people live in poverty with no economic opportunity.

and second you're a straight loving moron if you think many issues in africa today have nothing to do with what happened 50-100 years ago like just straight loving retarded. I don't even get this line of thought - you know things are cause and effect right? each generation doesn't just live in a vacuum with a clean slate.

like if today's woes have nothing to do with what happened half a century ago then why are India and Pakistan at each others throats (and why are they even separate countries)?
This is why you shouldn't give into white guilt. No matter that you do it's never good enough for the libs and its always your fault.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Chinatown posted:

i hope everyone dies

everyday

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

This is why you shouldn't give into white guilt. No matter that you do it's never good enough for the libs and its always your fault.

I mean no it isn't though. Just because some poo poo happened in history doesn't mean that now problems are individually your fault. People always take it as such a personal insult and I think that's why they get so butthurt. Like hi I'm not talking about you individual forums posters when I'm talking about how the British carved up their African holdings with nonsensical borders that led to civil war and tribal disputes.

It's true, black people were taken from their homeland and brought to the Americas to work for hundreds of years for nothing. Doesn't mean you have to personally apologize, but maybe stop thinking everyone was born in a suburb and had the exact same starting conditions as you did.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
it's interesting to me that people who are really racist can argue that there's no racism in america. maybe they are radical sophists who believe that they don't really exist?

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

notZaar posted:

on a list of things you should feel guilty about, being white is beneath "being an idiot"

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
we're all just human animals, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
Today's ruling is anti-cop, Baltimore should sleep okay tonight. Thread premise is false, shutting down accordingly.

• Locked thread