Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Who the gently caress is Alex Tuch!? :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

VJeff posted:

Who the gently caress is Alex Tuch!? :catstare:

Former first round pick and power forward prospect of the Wild. He had a good first season at BC, so he's a legitimate prospect. Not Brent Seabrook legitimate though...

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
a pretty good prospect

the fiala trade is cool but uh tbone ive had murphy for like 6 rounds now

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I figure Murphy is a -14 potential or something and the game decided this time around to give him the upper extreme of that. He probably won't repeat it in other games (unless he has a hard coded potential number).

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Verviticus posted:

a pretty good prospect

the fiala trade is cool but uh tbone ive had murphy for like 6 rounds now

I wouldn't call it "give up McDavid for Regher" redeeming level though.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

ThinkTank posted:

I figure Murphy is a -14 potential or something and the game decided this time around to give him the upper extreme of that. He probably won't repeat it in other games (unless he has a hard coded potential number).

he's a -9 actually, lmao

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
lol the Jets traded for Brian Strait is Doug Wilson running this team?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I traded my top defenseman for the rights to a 19 year old, are you loving kidding me. :wtf:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

VJeff posted:

I traded my top defenseman for the rights to a 19 year old, are you loving kidding me. :wtf:

Canucks gave up what will probably be McDavid or Eichel and the 31st overall pick for Robyn Regehr. Trade logic is still a touch outta whack it seems.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

Canucks gave up what will probably be McDavid or Eichel and the 31st overall pick for Robyn Regehr. Trade logic is still a touch outta whack it seems.

That seems like a pretty fair trade.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

VJeff posted:

The boston bruins school of thought

Sim working as intended

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Is every drat game going to overtime or something, there are barely 4 teams under .500 and none under .400.

This sim is not convincing me to buy the game.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
West Stats

I'll sim until April 1st and then do a game by game sim for the last days of the ~Playoff Race~

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
David Booth: 50 point team leading scorer
David Backes: 3.8% sh%

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Cam Ward needs to retire.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Jiri Sekac: almost as good as Steven Stamkos

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
hey sorry I'll finish this off soon if anyone is still watching

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Uh, yeah? The suspense over which round my beloved Los Tiburones will collapse in is killing me.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i fear dying without finding out if brooks laich will score a goal

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

As long as the Sens are on top you can take your tiiiime.

E: once again, this is great. You own, t-bone.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

tofes posted:

Jiri Sekac: almost as good as Steven Stamkos

Carl Hagelin: significantly better than Sidney Crosby (e: who is leading Chicago in pims :wtf:)

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Finish it off? I was hoping we'd go multiple seasons with this. Seeing what our shitlord management will do in the offseason will be the best part. If you have to slow down as to not get burnt out (I've done these threads before and they burn you out easy) go for it, but let's keep this going. I may not post in here a ton but I'm following.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I want to see my Canes finish bottom 10 and fail to win the lottery like tradition dictates.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Only solution is to continue the simulation until every player originally picked retires.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Paulocaust posted:

Finish it off? I was hoping we'd go multiple seasons with this. Seeing what our shitlord management will do in the offseason will be the best part. If you have to slow down as to not get burnt out (I've done these threads before and they burn you out easy) go for it, but let's keep this going. I may not post in here a ton but I'm following.

Pretty much this. I traded my top d-man for a 19 year old, I wanna see how far this rabbit hole goes.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JoelJoel posted:

Only solution is to continue the simulation until every player originally picked retires.

That's when EHM gets fun. I don't really care about a player unless I draft and develop them.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm thinking if we want to do a megasim it might be fun to do a new draft where you guys can actually manage your teams (assuming I could handle that workload without killing myself -- maybe only allowing updates/moves on a bi monthly sim basis and going a bit slower on the updates).

Would there be enough interest in that sort of thing?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

I'm thinking if we want to do a megasim it might be fun to do a new draft where you guys can actually manage your teams (assuming I could handle that workload without killing myself -- maybe only allowing updates/moves on a bi monthly sim basis and going a bit slower on the updates).

Honestly I'd just be happy to see what stupid stuff the computer gets up to by itself. I don't feel a need to take an active hand in my running my team. Annual updates with screenshots of standings, points leaders, who won the cup, etc would be fine by me.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yea, I'm with thinktank, if for no other reason than deference to your sanity. Is there a way to have off-season control of a team, ie drafts/trades/ufas/rfas? If anything that would probably be the thing to get our sperglord gears cranking.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The computer's crazy auto-moves is part of the appeal for me, definitely.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Stickarts posted:

Yea, I'm with thinktank, if for no other reason than deference to your sanity. Is there a way to have off-season control of a team, ie drafts/trades/ufas/rfas? If anything that would probably be the thing to get our sperglord gears cranking.

Yeah I can take control at any point.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Yeah I can take control at any point.

Can you undo the Regher for a 1st and 2nd trade because that was stupid and game ruining.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
That was the best thing to happen all season

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

That was the best thing to happen all season

I'd like to think that even Benning wouldn't do that, but then again he did feel the need to throw picks and prospects into the Bonino for Sutter and Kassian for Prust swaps.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Thinking about those horrible poo poo trades just makes me angry and exasperated.

How does someone that stupid rise up through the ranks of a real NHL franchise and actually get to the top without somebody with the power to go "Hey, this guy is stupid, don't put him in this position" noticing. And then how does he get to keep controlling said NHL franchise.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

T-Bone posted:

Don't do this. I did it years ago when I didn't have a job and it was still mentally exhausting (and that was when EHM only allowed 16 human teams). Just go as you are now and slow down if you have to. We're not expecting daily updates if you're putting lots of detail in your posts.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah I mean the screenshots honestly aren't bad with the tool I have. I think I could probably do it if it was limited to bimonthly team updates at most but if there isn't interest this is cool too

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

VJeff posted:

Thinking about those horrible poo poo trades just makes me angry and exasperated.

How does someone that stupid rise up through the ranks of a real NHL franchise and actually get to the top without somebody with the power to go "Hey, this guy is stupid, don't put him in this position" noticing. And then how does he get to keep controlling said NHL franchise.

Boston model buddy. Boston model.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Oh hey, an update.

April 1st

The Rangers have moved into a tie with the Senators the first seed, while the Islanders continue to plummet. It's going to be an interesting five game race for the 8th seed with Montreal and Detroit still in contention. In the West, the Jets had a horrendous March, basically eliminating themselves from contention. Crosby finally showed up, allowing the Hawks to grab the final WC berth in the shittastic Central, although the Avs and Wild are still alive.

God loving drat it Semin.

Some sanity in the d-men scoring.

Bishop and Quick missing the playoffs with those kind of years is surprising.

Drouin doing it big, but he's hurt again (this time for 3 months).

Carolina fires its second coach and there is a God in Montreal

POTM (doesn't make any loving sense)

Major injuries:

A third Jet has hit the towers (this is despite being #1 in SA and #2 in SF).

I'm going to sim the end of the season game by game for :siren: DRAMA :siren: and then do end of season team updates

also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
April 1st Games of Note

Colorado beats the top seeded Sharks in OT to move one point out of the last WC spot in the West.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 6, 2015

• Locked thread