Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Romes128 posted:

am i supposed to be putting my leveled up guys from the combat unit into the security team? the auto assign is putting really lovely dudes into the security team.

Unless you intend to do a lot of invading and thus need your base prepared for invasion, you're far better off putting the actual good people in the combat team so that you can do harder missions and get better rewards.

I haven't been invaded once since I got my FOB 24 hours ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Manatee Cannon posted:

If your Mother Base is full and you extract a dude, the worst guy in your base will be auto kicked. If your newest guy is the worst, he'll get to Mother Base and be immediately jettisoned into the ocean. Presumably via catapult. There's never a reason to stop ballooning people.

Do you still get a radio call from Miller that mother base is so crowded that people are getting shoved overboard? That was the best anything in Peace Walker

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I just throw everyone with more than 3 E Ranks into Security, fought off like two invasions with acceptable losses.

Anyway, Mission 40: I brought a tank and blew her the gently caress up like 20 times. Got Perfect Stealth, too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Augus posted:

Do you still get a radio call from Miller that mother base is so crowded that people are getting shoved overboard? That was the best anything in Peace Walker

No, you simply get a message on screen that says some people were discharged. It's a bummer.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Yardbomb posted:

Honestly security should probably stay as your chump squad unless you're concerned with FOB stuff.

Regy Rusty posted:

Unless you intend to do a lot of invading and thus need your base prepared for invasion, you're far better off putting the actual good people in the combat team so that you can do harder missions and get better rewards.

I haven't been invaded once since I got my FOB 24 hours ago.

Yeah, I just threw a bunch in so I could research the drones and cameras for the FOB. Then I'll put them back in the combat unit.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Manatee Cannon posted:

No, you simply get a message on screen that says some people were discharged. It's a bummer.

Konami has deprived this game of reaching its true potential

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Augus posted:

Konami has deprived this game of reaching its true potential

If it makes you feel better, just imagine Kaz whacking the worthless soldiers (who don't count as human, really) off the Command platform with his cane.

Ocelot watches and nods sagely.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

NESguerilla posted:

If my staff is full at base is full what happens when I Fulton guys? Am I doing anything bad by Fultoning lovely soldiers and should I just concentrate on grsbbing the higher rank ones?

As long as your waiting room isn't full (it takes like hundreds of dudes) you aren't really doing anything bad although it does use a (negligible) amount of money to Fulton people. If you expand your base at least you'll have a bunch of people to fill those new empty slots, and E-ranks are still a vast improvement over nothing. No real reason not to but also by the time you've expanded your base you'll probably also have access to more plentiful high rank dudes in the field too, so don't feel like you have to Fulton every single guy at this point

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

goferchan posted:

As long as your waiting room isn't full (it takes like hundreds of dudes) you aren't really doing anything bad although it does use a (negligible) amount of money to Fulton people. If you expand your base at least you'll have a bunch of people to fill those new empty slots, and E-ranks are still a vast improvement over nothing. No real reason not to but also by the time you've expanded your base you'll probably also have access to more plentiful high rank dudes in the field too, so don't feel like you have to Fulton every single guy at this point

Miller also rotates out low level people for better skilled people as you fulton them too so once your units are full then your waiting room will be full of the worst staff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cool thanks.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
is the white mamba raiden?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Braving the potential spoilers to ask: How do I strap scantily clad ladies to my box? I need to know for reasons

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

I loving wish but wrong country and time

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DeathSandwich posted:

Braving the potential spoilers to ask: How do I strap scantily clad ladies to my box? I need to know for reasons

When selecting your box of choice from the weapon wheel thing, there should be an option that's "APPLY STICKER" or some poo poo.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Funky Valentine posted:

When selecting your box of choice from the weapon wheel thing, there should be an option that's "APPLY STICKER" or some poo poo.

Should be the same button you use to equip/unequip supressors on guns from the quick select weapon menu.

Chippita
Jun 12, 2006

by Shine

redreader posted:

can someone give me some loadout tips for mission 42?

Hide on the roof of the central building by running up the opposite sides stairs and pelt em with rockets/splash damage. If you have quiet, use her to put a dent in their health while resupplying. Use a shotgun as well. Doing this bugged them out and they kinda just kept lumbering around in the front of it/hurling boulders.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

There's literally no way that he isn't Liquid. He even has the right accent.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Manatee Cannon posted:

There's literally no way that he isn't Liquid. He even has the right accent.

The end credits even confirm this is the case.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Raiden's like 4 years old at this point.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Funky Valentine posted:

Raiden's like 4 years old at this point.

Raiden's also from Liberia which is like 5,000 miles away from the portion of Africa they're in.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Also Raiden's stupid child soldier name was Jack the Ripper, not White Mamba

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Though I think Solidus is up in West Africa doing crazy poo poo by 1984, he'd be like 12 but rapid aging and all that.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
For the Extract Intel Operative side-op, if you already have Hideo are you supposed to get another? (I have him already from a GZ save)

I ask because my Mother Base was full and after extracting the target I got a notification that staff were dismissed and I'm wondering if it just cost me a unique soldier.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Manatee Cannon posted:

"Let 'er rip!"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Brutakas posted:

For the Extract Intel Operative side-op, if you already have Hideo are you supposed to get another? (I have him already from a GZ save)

I ask because my Mother Base was full and after extracting the target I got a notification that staff were dismissed and I'm wondering if it just cost me a unique soldier.

Pretty sure it's the same guy and you just save the one you already have, because I certainly don't have two

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

Manatee Cannon posted:

Pretty sure it's the same guy and you just save the one you already have, because I certainly don't have two

You get one named Hideo and one named Kojima I thought.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Development requirements met: HAND OF JEHUTY

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dohaeris posted:

You get one named Hideo and one named Kojima I thought.

I don't have a second one with a different name from that side op and I did that mission and uploaded a save from GZ

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tapes not continuing past loading screens is why I sat playing Cook Serve Delicious rather than MGSV while all the tapes ran. They were all interesting, but I oddly miss codec calls. I am learning plot points now that I should have gotten ages ago but didn't because the tapes system is horrible

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Manatee Cannon posted:

As far as soldier nicknames go I think Jack the Ripper is one of the better ones to have.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Tapes not continuing past loading screens is why I sat playing Cook Serve Delicious rather than MGSV while all the tapes ran. They were all interesting, but I oddly miss codec calls. I am learning plot points now that I should have gotten ages ago but didn't because the tapes system is horrible

just go do some side ops????

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Which game had the better 80s soundtrack, this or GTA: Vice City?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I actually like the tapes a lot better than the codec because I can keep playing the game while I listen to them. Codec calls were fun but after a while I just wanted to get back to the game.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Omi no Kami posted:

Is there a trick/cheeseball tactic for mission 48? It's like fighting four Quiets-everything one shots me, trying to sneak through without fighting gets me killed, and their damage output is so high that going in with a tank isn't feasible

My strats: You aren't detected when they spawn in, so if you want to fight them honourably/get the S-rank and have a sniper rifle with a silencer, it's relatively easy to just only pop out from cover in full crawl mode, take a shot, then crawl back. It does take forever though, and some of their hiding spots aren't visible from the starting cover. Another thing I found helpful when S-ranking it was to mark where they can hide, so when there was only a few left and none in view I could figure out where to re-position safely.

The cheesy method however, is to stay hidden and undetected, bring DD and sleep-bombard the hell out of them. You're restricted to A-rank and it uses a bunch of GMP but it's very easy.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Gentleman Baller posted:

My strats: You aren't detected when they spawn in, so if you want to fight them honourably/get the S-rank and have a sniper rifle with a silencer, it's relatively easy to just only pop out from cover in full crawl mode, take a shot, then crawl back. It does take forever though, and some of their hiding spots aren't visible from the starting cover. Another thing I found helpful when S-ranking it was to mark where they can hide, so when there was only a few left and none in view I could figure out where to re-position safely.

The cheesy method however, is to stay hidden and undetected, bring DD and sleep-bombard the hell out of them. You're restricted to A-rank and it uses a bunch of GMP but it's very easy.

Nobody shoots through smoke grenades. Your marking doesn't disappear through smoke.

Just sayin!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I said come in! posted:

Saints row 2 107.77 The Mix :colbert:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I just wish there were more, even if you just narrow it down to "80s songs with badass iconic intros that would sound really cool blaring from a descending helicopter" there are so many good ones that didn't make the cut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp43OdtAAkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hATjg5VxJag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJRP3LRcUFg

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I just wish you started with some

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Anyone else's tapes vanishing? I've lost snake eater and the poopin tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

I just wish you started with some

I mean if you were dedicated enough you could scoop up a ton in free roam right after starting the game. I absolutely went on an infiltration mission that was WAY out of my depth for the sole purpose of receiving the cassette tape for Love Will Tear Us Apart

• Locked thread