Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Amoeba102 posted:

The smiles evaporating off their faces is gold.

loving look at Dutton. That is the face of a man with a hot trickle of piss working its way down his leg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Was that Morrison encouraging a joke and then pointing out there's a microphone? Is he seeking that everyone look bad except himself? :tinfoil:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Amoeba102 posted:

The smiles evaporating off their faces is gold.

Wait, there's video? Where?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Anidav posted:

Was that Morrison encouraging a joke and then pointing out there's a microphone? Is he seeking that everyone look bad except himself? :tinfoil:

Nah, he's just the least incompetent.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGMrGlAHUq0

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Maybe we should build a fence between the guys door and the water so he cant fall in.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smHdqoRgooo

Far better ending.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Peter Dutton and Tony Abbott once again prove stupider than the root vegetables they resemble/consume respectively

quote:

Peter Dutton Caught Joking About Pacific Islands' Rising Sea Levels
46 minutes ago | Updated 16 minutes ago

CANBERRA -- Prime Minister Tony Abbott and Immigration Minister have been caught on camera laughing over rising sea levels and tardiness in Indigenous communities.
The pair with Social Services Minister Scott Morrison were chatting in front of the media in parliament house, while waiting for a community meeting on Syrian refugees to convene.
As it was running late, Dutton noted the meeting was running to “Cape York time”, a reference to the Prime Minister’s recent trip to the Torres Strait and remote northern Queensland.
Abbott replied "we had a bit of that up in Port Moresby.”
The Dutton then raised laughs by adding "time doesn't mean anything when you're about to have water lapping at your door.”
Abbott has just returned from Papua New Guinea’s capital, where the Pacific Island Leaders Forum debated the regional effects and local action on climate change.
Pacific Island nations are concerned about rising seas levels and have pleaded with Australia to help them.
Asked later what he meant by the water lapping quip, Dutton said it was a "private conversation with the Prime Minister and I don't have anything to say further to that.”
Late in the exchange, Morrison draws his colleague’s attention to the large television microphone hovering over their heads.
“There is a boom up there,” he noted.
The Prime Minister’s Office has been sought for comment.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Can't remember this being linked. Hardly topical, what with a fresh gently caress up every day, but I giggled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3St7X4raC14

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cheers for the vids, the Curb Your Enthusiasm one was amazing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Peter Dutton and Tony Abbott once again prove stupider than the root vegetables they resemble/consume respectively

Unfortunately it's not quite a slam dunk. Dutton could spin it as talking about those waterfront hotels/houses, etc rather than about climate change.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Freudian Slip posted:

How good was Morrison at the end pointing out that there was a boom mike.

Their expressions going from :haw: to :stare: was great.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
tawny abut should be talking up Australia

But instead he is talking up sea levels

gently caress that guy

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Cheers for the vids, the Curb Your Enthusiasm one was amazing.

Unfortunately it's not quite a slam dunk. Dutton could spin it as talking about those waterfront hotels/houses, etc rather than about climate change.

I think people with half a brain will know exactly what he meant and spin will only make him look even shittier, and those without half a brain were always going to vote LNP.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
This is amazing:

No. 1 They're admitting to Climate Change being a real thing
No. 2 They're joking about peoples misfortune when Climate Change takes effect
No. 3 They're doing fk all about Climate Change.

And it's all recorded. Wow.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Somewhere a Young Liberal was convinced that Morrison is our future Prime Minister just from watching that video.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
So the lib dems got second on the ballot paper in Canning and are preferencing labor over the liberals :getin:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I know. The lib dems get that shotty imported then backstab Abbott.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
The thing about it is that time would mean much more if your land was going to be underwater. It doesn't even make sense! What a stupid dickhead!

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Jumpingmanjim posted:

So the lib dems got second on the ballot paper in Canning and are preferencing labor over the liberals :getin:

Am I misreading this? The fact that they are number 2 doesn't actually matter when it comes to preferences as the advantage of being high on the ballot is that you collect the donkey votes. These votes won't flow through to Labor due to this preference deal. The only voters that will be affected by this preference deal are people that are intentionally voting for the lib dems and get their how to vote card and then decide to follow the advice.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hmm. I must be thinking of the senate

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So it turns out that an 'australian jihadist' was actually an american idiot engaging in next level trolling to the point where he's instructing people on how to build bombs and encouraging attacks.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/australian-is-jihadist-is-actually-an-jewish-american-troll-20150911-gjk852.html

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Anidav posted:

Somewhere a Young Liberal was convinced that Morrison is our future Prime Minister just from watching that video.

I'm convinced he's our future Prime Minister just from watching that video :smith:

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-11/dutton-overheard-joking-about-sea-levels-in-pacific-islands/6768324

The ABC page with the video has been updated to include a clip of Dutton simply refusing to explain what he meant because it was a private conversation. I'm trying to strangle him through the internet but it's just not working.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Freudian Slip posted:

Am I misreading this? The fact that they are number 2 doesn't actually matter when it comes to preferences as the advantage of being high on the ballot is that you collect the donkey votes. These votes won't flow through to Labor due to this preference deal. The only voters that will be affected by this preference deal are people that are intentionally voting for the lib dems and get their how to vote card and then decide to follow the advice.

it will also presumably fool a few absent minded liberal voters into picking them by accident the same way it did in the last federal election. its an idiotic perversion of democracy but its also sorta funny so who am i to complain

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SynthOrange posted:

So it turns out that an 'australian jihadist' was actually an american idiot engaging in next level trolling to the point where he's instructing people on how to build bombs and encouraging attacks.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/australian-is-jihadist-is-actually-an-jewish-american-troll-20150911-gjk852.html

In conversations with Fairfax Media, which were also cited in the affidavit, Mr Goldberg had said he did not expect any jihadist to actually carry out an attack because: "These guys are pussy keyboard warriors".

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Turns out everyone in Islamic State were fakers, plants, or just doing it ironically.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Flag count! :haw:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
From Reddit:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Anidav posted:

I know. The lib dems get that shotty imported then backstab Abbott.

It's not even really a backstab. Leyonhjelm has been telling Abbott to gently caress off to his face for like a year now, on and off, loudly, then slightly less loudly.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Whoever said Dutton looks like a toe was spot on

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hey. At least a Liberal Member acknowledges climate change, right?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Whatever's going around today, I like it.

quote:

Far-right group United Patriots Front to run for Senate, and campaign on right to 'bare arms' (sic).

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SynthOrange posted:

The moment when people started to realise trolls claiming they believe things "ironically" when they actually do believe it was the moment the shield stopped working.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

SynthOrange posted:

What's the point of having sick sleeve tats if you can't show them off tbh

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

They are responding to the ban on going shirtless at stereosonic.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

SynthOrange posted:

With the latest nonsense going up here this week (Pauline Hanson getting called on her bullshit claims) I had a look to see what had been going on with the splitsbro group that formed immediately after the pathetic rallies, which made me smile

http://www.gofundme.com/AAIfund-raiser

Oh, and Pauline's response to lying to the public and being asked to apologise by the (credit where credit is due) LNP minister?

Sorry, not sorry

Oh, and this statement here?

quote:

The discussion reportedly included stories of schoolyard bullying by one "female Muslim refugee student", threats of assault from young male refugee students towards other children and female staff, and a softened approach towards poorly behaved refugee students that would otherwise result in suspension for others.

There really shits me, because based on that statement, it can only be a single student in the school. Nice one.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/sep/11/no-relief-yet-for-ministerial-heartburn-suffered-at-tony-abbotts-dining-table

Can someone post this TIA

• Locked thread