Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Blahsmack posted:

im the drunk that lives on the third floor who fell asleep while i had something cooking and now the fire alarm is going off

I'm the three different smoke batteries in the vacant apartment across the hall who all start beeping within a few days of each other because the batteries are low and of course the maintenance people have to be called three separate times because they were too stupid/lazy to change all the batteries in one shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I'm the one family bitterly paying full rent in a Section 8 complex

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Happy Bear Suit posted:

i'm the terrible odor emanating from your neighbors unit because they have a huge indoor dog that pisses and shits everywhere but the owners dont give a gently caress

i knew somebody whose roommate did this and their apartment had that perpetual dried poop smell at all times and their clothes would smell like it even if they werent home i guess they got used to it and didnt even notice they literally smelled like poo poo. the poo poo wouldnt be in plain sight but like behind tv, under tables, etc.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
*can tell what time of the day it is by the amount of random gunfire heard*

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Howard Beale posted:

I'm the one family bitterly paying full rent in a Section 8 complex

This is actually me

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

T Bowl posted:

This is the biggest scam part usually of how most apartment complexes try to keep most if not all of your deposit, even if you're a clean person.

we rented a house and once we moved out we got charged $1,000 for steam cleaning even though we specifically said we loving steam cleaned the carpets once all our furniture was out and we were locking the doors for the last time

cunts

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Robo Reagan posted:

we rented a house and once we moved out we got charged $1,000 for steam cleaning even though we specifically said we loving steam cleaned the carpets once all our furniture was out and we were locking the doors for the last time

cunts

temped for university apartments in college and they totally did this to a lot of the foreign language student apartments because they knew the language barrier would keep them from noticing/complaining

was sketchy as gently caress and I reported it to my temp agency but I doubt they did anything #college

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PUGGERNAUT posted:

temped for university apartments in college and they totally did this to a lot of the foreign language student apartments because they knew the language barrier would keep them from noticing/complaining

was sketchy as gently caress and I reported it to my temp agency but I doubt they did anything #college

poo poo, my college just let the places go until they were so nasty they had to close whole housing blocks for total overhauls

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
i'm the tenant on the first floor who decides to take her party just outside of the building so you can hear literally ever word because the walls in this place are made of fuckin paper

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I was the old lady at the end of the triplex who wears sweaters and goes for walks in 100 degree weather, and confronts the other two tenants about 'taking over the building with our cigarettes and beer'

I am the thirty-something dude at the other end of the triplex who gets drunk and validates her by smashing her taillights with a hammer later that night

I was the clueless middle tenant talking to the cops. I now live in a house.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I'm your roommate who told you he'd smoke up outside after you moved in, out of deference to breathing trouble, and later chides you when reminded, because "you should have known better to have moved in with a pothead"

Ceciltron fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 14, 2015

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Howard Beale posted:

I'm the pickup truck not from management that shows up within five minutes of someone putting any kind of furniture out by the dumpster, even mattresses

I'm the pile of furniture, electronics and bedding that nobody wants and eventually gets rained on after sitting for 3 days, then gets funky for 2 more days before someone finally hauls everything away.

I'm also the glass shards from the busted-up CRT TV someone scavenged for copper and left for management to (eventually) clean up.

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

i'm the constantly broken gate arm because apparently waiting 2 seconds for it to go up is just asking too much from some people.

I'm the guy who scoots up real close to your bumper so I can get through the gate because my gf won't have a keycard made for me because I'm not on the lease.

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Sep 14, 2015

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

i'm the constantly broken gate arm because apparently waiting 2 seconds for it to go up is just asking too much from some people.

I'm the gate arm that's inexplicably mounted 7 feet in the air so people just drive under it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Robo Reagan posted:

cunts

Deposit is just an extra payment, you never get that poo poo back even if you were Mr. Clean himself.

Also, I am literally the guy eating peanut butter out of a jar for food at 2am because you're starving and everything in your place requires cooking, which would be fine except the fire alarms get set off by absolutely everything and ring through the whole building

Boiling water, windows open, oven fan on, BEEP BEEP BEEP...BEEP BEEP BEEP

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

Scrappers are loving awful, too. A lot of the time they'd slash mattresses to get at the metal coils and just make a huge loving mess.

more than once I came out to the dumpster to find a scrapper punching a hole in an old AC unit to let all the (probably extremely bad for the environment) coolant out so he could sell the copper coils

hissssssssss

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Deposit is just an extra payment, you never get that poo poo back even if you were Mr. Clean himself.

i used to think that but i've gotten my full deposit back the last 4 times I moved

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

i used to think that but i've gotten my full deposit back the last 4 times I moved

Same, including both of the apartments that I rented while I was smoking cigarettes (indoors, too) :v:
I think that the more "corporate" a complex is, the less lovely they are about giving back your deposit. They were gonna deep clean that place for the next tenants, anyway. The next place after those two I didn't pay a deposit for because it was a horrible shady poo poo house, and I expect a 50/50 chance on the current place because it was already a dump when I moved in. Guess what, landlady? That weird gouge in the floor was already there before I bought an office chair :thumbsup:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
im the retard hosting keg parties in a 6 apartment house every other weekend

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Ceciltron posted:

I'm your roommate who told you he'd smoke up outside after you moved in, out of deference to breathing trouble, and later chides you when reminded, because "you should have known better to have moved in with a pothead"

It messes with your breathing? Really?

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

radiatinglines posted:

It messes with your breathing? Really?

Makes my sinuses stuff up like the dickens. It's liveable but unpleasant.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Just loving bees everywhere. Everywhere

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

^^^where the gently caress are they coming from? There's not even hives hanging anywhere..

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Large Mexican family somehow all living in a 1BR apartment across the hall from me constantly playing music that makes me feel like I'm in a Quentin Tarantino movie

DreamShipWrecked posted:

fire alarms get set off by absolutely everything and ring through the whole building

Boiling water, windows open, oven fan on, BEEP BEEP BEEP...BEEP BEEP BEEP

I've taken to taping a plastic bag onto the ceiling over it when I cook

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

im the old carpets, broken beer bottles, fast food wrappers, cigarette butts and dry wall laying in the light well

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Okay we get it, you're trying to hide pot smell but you dump so much incense into the air, 24/7, that the lack of subtlety completely defeats the purpose.

Ugh who thinks incense smells good?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I'm the huge-rear end bedframe propped up against the dumpster because buddy couldn't find someone to help him lift it up and in.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'm the thousands of bats that come out and make the balconies and sidewalks completely inaccessible every other night.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

mamelon posted:

Okay we get it, you're trying to hide pot smell but you dump so much incense into the air, 24/7, that the lack of subtlety completely defeats the purpose.

nag champa is the poo poo but gently caress those people who burn the lovely walmart incense

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
maintenance is finally replacing the ancient wooden shingles on my building but theyre right outside my window right now so i can pound one out before i go into work :suicide:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mamelon posted:

nah like proper classic sandalwood is ok in moderation. i couldn't use it myself though, that smell gets everywhere

Robot Randy posted:

maintenance is finally replacing the ancient wooden shingles on my building but theyre right outside my window right now so i can pound one out before i go into work :suicide:

well if you can, then what are you waiting for? :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The White Dragon posted:

nah like proper classic sandalwood is ok in moderation. i couldn't use it myself though, that smell gets everywhere

well if you can, then what are you waiting for? :v:

Yeah, sandlewood is nice and so are like some of the fruit and spice types. Just don't burn more than like one stick a day, though, please :shobon:
It lasts a couple hours on its own and the smell will linger after it's finished burning.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines
Second apartment I ever had...I've never been one to bang on the ceiling because of noise but one night it sounded like a rave upstairs. I banged a couple times then just turned the tv up but it wouldn't stop.

Turns out the guy was being beaten with a baseball bat and the paramedics had trouble id'ing him. He lived, I think.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I've taken to taping a plastic bag onto the ceiling over it when I cook

A condom also works, while setting the mood for after dinner activities

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Smoke detectors are really easy to just pull down, guys.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Avernus posted:

Smoke detectors are really easy to just pull down, guys.

Mine have those kind of wires that go into them. Had an issue before where it would beep for no reason. But after blowing air through the little chamber it stopped. Also apartment rules about not tampering with the smoke detectors.

so you don't disturb the hidden cameras!

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
This thread makes me feel bad in retrospect as one of my exes was a screamer in the sack whose bedroom abutted her neighbors bedroom. Sorry lesbian ladies you were cool and had a nice porch garden :ohdear:

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Blahsmack posted:

im the old carpets, broken beer bottles, fast food wrappers, cigarette butts and dry wall laying in the light well

Im coming out of your security deposit

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

MC Hawking posted:

This thread makes me feel bad in retrospect as one of my exes was a screamer in the sack whose bedroom abutted her neighbors bedroom. Sorry lesbian ladies you were cool and had a nice porch garden :ohdear:

Former neighbor was a screamer too, but you could hear her anywhere even outside the building. :v:

Like people need to learn how to have stealthy sex or at least hold it in a bit.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I just got my full security deposit back from my scummy student housing landlord. It's awesome and such an unexpected treat. He must be quitting soon or going senile.

Also sex with screamers is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I lived above retarded white trash idiots, the oldest lady whom had an adult daughter who got pregnant by a felon and then had her own daughter...who was 4 years old and I felt bad for her because she was growing up in some major poo poo. The mom and daughter fought constantly and I'd hear the daughter screaming 'GET OUTTA MY ROOOOOOOOOOOOOM!' constantly like an angry little kid.

Sometimes the granddaughter would just be sitting out on the porch by herself, overlooking the parking lot and not saying anything while her grandmother and mom were throwing poo poo at each other inside the apt. :smith:

• Locked thread