Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Suzy probably just went home. She said that's where she's going anyway- just imagine she's inside.

She has a name?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

alcharagia posted:

She has a name?!

She's a girl!?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

how do i spare glyde

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

sharrrk posted:

how do i spare glyde

Compliment him to get his attention, then ignore him until he gets bored and wanders off. Do not Boo him.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Daeren posted:

She's a girl!?

If you do a second pacifist run a npc shows up near the blooks house by the save point and he says her name and says you could be good friends with her.

Limopalise
May 4, 2015

A boring man. It's hard to tell what he's capable of.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Suzy probably just went home. She said that's where she's going anyway- just imagine she's inside.

Is that who that one clam guy in waterfall that only seems to pop up on multiple playthroughs was referring to? I don't remember that being a thing.

^^^^^^
Doesn't he come from the capital though? I'm pretty sure no one can access the capital through the course of the game because of elevator issues.

Also hello, I like Undertale a lot and just finished my second true pacifist playthrough because I can't kill a single soul in this video game.

Limopalise fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 23, 2015

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Limopalise posted:

Is that who that one clam guy in waterfall that only seems to pop up on multiple playthroughs was referring to? I don't remember that being a thing.

Also hello, I like Undertale a lot and just finished my second true pacifist playthrough because I can't kill a single soul in this video game.

:respek: welcome to the club my friend

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Limopalise posted:

Yep that's him.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Oxxidation posted:

More like the best ending. There are multiple variations of Neutral endings based on who you've killed and who you've spared, but you can't have a single point of EXP in order to unlock the True Pacifist path.

Ah okay. I wasn't sure. I already got the true pacifist ending. My buddy just started playing it and killed a frog by mistake but kept playing. So I'm debating whether I should explain that whole mess to him or let him uncover it on his own. I'm thinking I'll just let him uncover things on his own.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

It seemed weird to me that Asgore didn't recognize Flowey, but then I realized that when Flowey went back to his first save point, it was probably before he spent so much time with him. That's pretty loving tragic. At least Flowey himself doesn't care...

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I need help on the final boss. I'm at Lv 2, 24 hp, 7 atk, and 11 def. Should I go get stuff to help me out? I died 11 times already. :(

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Ditocoaf posted:

But I heard that if you killed Flowey, he stayed dead even after a reset. How do you get the true pacifist ending if he doesn't show up to absorb everybody?

Or did I actually manage to hear an Undertale rumor that... isn't true?

If I recall correctly, he doesn't stay dead, he just avoids you - and why wouldn't he? He'll still pull of his master plan if he gets the chance; he just won't manipulate you into it.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Waffleopolis posted:

I need help on the final boss. I'm at Lv 2, 24 hp, 7 atk, and 11 def. Should I go get stuff to help me out? I died 11 times already. :(

Yes, go get stuff. There's definitely better armor somewhere- like the heart locket in the white house area.

Also talk to asgore repeatedly to drop his stats. If you still have the pie toriel made you, eat that to lower them furhter.

Otherwise git gud son.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Compliment him to get his attention, then ignore him until he gets bored and wanders off. Do not Boo him.

it is done

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Hey, I just noticed that at the end of the waterfall area, Sans is sleeping in a booth while you're running from Undyne. He's gone by the time I get back there. Can you talk to him during the chase?

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

YggiDee posted:

Hey, I just noticed that at the end of the waterfall area, Sans is sleeping in a booth while you're running from Undyne. He's gone by the time I get back there. Can you talk to him during the chase?

No, trust me, I tried. And Undyne turns to him, then turns to the camera with a comical expression of fury. Later she even comments about it in a phone conversation.

also: click here for more space jams/undertale mashups, warning for genocide route spoilers https://soundcloud.com/renim_g/geeeeeetttt-dunked-on

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

YggiDee posted:

I like to imagine he's there to make sure Undyne doesn't totally wreck you, although I doubt he actually intervenes if you were to let her catch you there and land some hits.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

It still makes me really upset thinking about how badly Asriel got hosed over by all this. Poor kid.

Limopalise
May 4, 2015

One thing I was wondering about : Have all the things that change depending on the day of the week been found? I seem to remember hearing about 2 (Royal guards apparently changing and... that one secret encounter in Hotland) but I was wondering if there were any others.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Luneshot posted:

It still makes me really upset thinking about how badly Asriel got hosed over by all this. Poor kid.

It's completely unfair and I really hope whatever piece of follow-up content Radiation releases addresses it in some way. Oh, you say I can't bring back the dead? WELL THAT SOUNDS LIKE A QUITTER'S ATTITUDE TO ME AND I'M loving DETERMINED

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If you do a second pacifist run a npc shows up near the blooks house by the save point and he says her name and says you could be good friends with her.

Ah, okay. I'm on my second pacifist run, but I did the beginnings of an attempt at a genocide run in-between (and then decided against it. It actually feels against the usual completionist philosophy, for me. If I want to approach this game by its own world, that is). I suppose that must have screwed with things enough to ruin the game's remembering of my previous pacifism.

Mordiceius posted:

Ah okay. I wasn't sure. I already got the true pacifist ending. My buddy just started playing it and killed a frog by mistake but kept playing. So I'm debating whether I should explain that whole mess to him or let him uncover it on his own. I'm thinking I'll just let him uncover things on his own.

Yeah, the game seems pretty well-designed to expect a neutral playthrough first. A lot of people in this thread were too paranoid about the "save file shenanigans" that they made sure to find out the exact rules for pacifism ahead of time, but... I think the game is still best enjoyed "naturally" and let it guide you to the true end itself.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
One of my favorite ways to mess with Flowey is to just keep restarting the game, going to the first save point, and starting over again a few times.

He gets so angry. It's great. :allears:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Limopalise posted:

One thing I was wondering about : Have all the things that change depending on the day of the week been found? I seem to remember hearing about 2 (Royal guards apparently changing and... that one secret encounter in Hotland) but I was wondering if there were any others.

That's a good question I was expecting to find out on monday but instead of those guys we got "so sorry" I have no idea what happened.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Oxxidation posted:

It's completely unfair and I really hope whatever piece of follow-up content Radiation releases addresses it in some way. Oh, you say I can't bring back the dead? WELL THAT SOUNDS LIKE A QUITTER'S ATTITUDE TO ME AND I'M loving DETERMINED

dude don't that's how this whole mess got started in the first place :ohdear:

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

One of my favorite ways to mess with Flowey is to just keep restarting the game, going to the first save point, and starting over again a few times.

At times this feels like a game designed by Mr. Resetti as a final act of revenge.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Oh man I gotta try this, it sounds amazing.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've figured out what Undyne's cooking reminds me of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Wu3Bps9ic

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also you know that "but nobody came" music on genocide paths? Well wasn't quite expecting this.

If only there was a way to mix the :eyepop: and :gonk:, to properly convey the 'what the gently caress' factor of that audio.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Daeren posted:

dude don't that's how this whole mess got started in the first place :ohdear:

In all seriousness, you're dissuaded against pursuing the True RESET because Flowey says that "everyone got their happy endings." This isn't true, because Flowey/Asriel is such a sweetheart that he doesn't think he deserves a happy ending despite, you know, being a totally selfless child whose purity of heart managed to even stymie the Fallen for a while. It almost feels like a deliberate bait from Radiation - the game insists that anyone who RESETs does so to keep tinkering with variables and manipulating people to see multiple outcomes, ending in eventual boredom and destruction, but the other reason is because the character who suffered most in this story through no fault of his own is left alone in the dark while everyone else gets to leave. It's horribly unfair, especially when measured against the idealism of the True Pacifist ending.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Limopalise posted:

Wait, what happens to the Royal Guards? Is referring to the two cool buff bro dudes?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Oxxidation posted:

I gotta say learning that I could talk to Asriel, but only if I hadn't already gone to the surface has made me strongly consider doing a True Reset.

Limopalise
May 4, 2015

dmboogie posted:

Wait, what happens to the Royal Guards? Is referring to the two cool buff bro dudes?

I'd heard that guards 03 and 04 show up instead of guards 01 and 02 if you play on a Monday.
But maybe that's just another Undertale urban legend...

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Limopalise posted:

I'd heard that guards 03 and 04 show up instead of guards 01 and 02 if you play on a Monday.
But maybe that's just another Undertale urban legend...

Looking through the memory lists RG 03 and RG 04 under the enemies list, so there could be. Although it also lists Migospel, Moldessa, Parsnik, and Gaster, none of which actually seem to appear in the game (although there is battle data for Migospel, Moldessa, and Parsnik. No data for ol' Gaster that I can find, though.).

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 23, 2015

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Saigyouji posted:

Looking through the memory lists RG 03 and RG 04 under the enemies list, so there could be. Although it also lists Migospel, Moldessa, Parsnik, and Gaster, none of which actually seem to appear in the game (although there is battle data for Migospel, Moldessa, and Parsnik).

those 3 show up in Hard Mode

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but I adore how Sans only seems to move in "shortcuts". Whatta bonehead! A true comic, committing to a joke nobody's laughing at. That's REAL DETERMINATION if you ask me.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

sharrrk posted:

those 3 show up in Hard Mode

Well, that explains that then! I've been poking around in there for more Gaster references, but I've mostly just ended up finding silly stuff like Mettaton essay answers and the fact that "bpants" is a name with a special message.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Oxxidation posted:

I'm secretly hoping that the "Hard Mode" teaser pays off one day and that playing the game as Frisk unlocks some new options to maybe tie off loose ends like that.

As a side note, I just finished a second true pacifist run and talked to Asriel this time. I'm actually pretty convinced now that [playername] and the Fallen Child aren't necessarily the same thing, unless we're to assume that Asriel's read isn't accurate. He says that [playername] hated humanity, but I don't believe the Fallen Child hates anything. It's an entity of single-minded progress that exists to suck worlds dry of content, grinding everything and raising all the numbers as high as they'll go, then discarding it and moving on to the next. I feel like hatred would just be another perverted sentiment to that thing, not a mode of existence.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
I had a secret weapon against the bad times super boss I'm good at Super Meat Boy. Going back to a True Pacifist palette cleanser, but the old habits remain. I am relentless in my efforts to coddle and nurture the brain-damaged hellspawn that crawl this saccharine world.

For record, I did try to give Undyne an aneurysm via taunts, but my will gave out too quickly. I was briefly hoping it would play by the rules of "the ground caused the damage, all you did was throw someone in a particular direction, you're in the clear" from some other video games.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ha, I almost don't want to true reset even to do a true pacifist run.

Almost. I never said goodbye to that poor, poor little fucker in the ending, and lost my chance because I reloaded. It's selfish as hell in the context of the story, but I want another chance :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

(oops, double post. here, have some arts)

http://i.imgur.com/ACE2WNw.png

Tenasscity fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 23, 2015

• Locked thread