Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
GREAT. Now we have to worry about clones. Thanks a lot!

(No really, that's super rad.)

Outrail posted:

How do we feel our ability will cope with partial disintegration /necrosis?

Bea sting? Yeah some rear end in a top hat is running around with the good poo poo.

Tempted to just grab her and see how far we can drag her before we fall apart.

Either way Honey, it's not your fault, you've been drugged. The feds are coming and we need to go now or were all in trouble so if you don't get up I'll pick you up myself ok?" Nothing wrong with using yourself as emotional blackmail.

Especially the bolded part. Everyone here needs to know that someone did this to them, it wasn't a lack of control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Anyone wearing a coat? Clothing enough to wrap her up and carry her?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Toughy posted:

Anyone wearing a coat? Clothing enough to wrap her up and carry her?

It's a hot southern California day in June. Nope.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
When you say worry about clones you mean worry about how to get more of them? Change our name to Starfish, or Mitosis.

If she doesn't move strap on a tourniquet and drag her up and along until she starts walking. She's in shock so hopefully once she's moving she'll just follow other people. Hopefully we remain conscious long enough to get somewhere safe.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Outrail posted:

When you say worry about clones you mean worry about how to get more of them? Change our name to Starfish, or Mitosis.

If she doesn't move strap on a tourniquet and drag her up and along until she starts walking. She's in shock so hopefully once she's moving she'll just follow other people. Hopefully we remain conscious long enough to get somewhere safe.

Okay...but you realize a tourniquet is just going to decay and disintegrate as well, right? I'm not saying don't try dragging Rebecca along, we can certainly try to do it.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
What about an ice sled? Can that be used to pull her along?

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Outrail posted:

How do we feel our ability will cope with partial disintegration /necrosis?

Bea sting? Yeah some rear end in a top hat is running around with the good poo poo.

Tempted to just grab her and see how far we can drag her before we fall apart.

Either way Honey, it's not your fault, you've been drugged. The feds are coming and we need to go now or were all in trouble so if you don't get up I'll pick you up myself ok?" Nothing wrong with using yourself as emotional blackmail.

Cool power that could be very handy in terms of breaking into places / getting rid of debris (if it's disintegration), but not really the time to marvel at it. This whole thing is a mess and makes the registration act inevitable at this point unless we can very quickly link some group to the drugging, and even then it's going to be a gamble.

Definitely say the bolded part.

If she doesn't go, then have Anna stay with her, since there's no chance she's going to abandon her even if we offer to stick around in her place. Have Antonio leave with us by reminding him that their kids can't afford to lose both him and Anna. Offer to help him run the shelter until Anna gets back once we've gotten some distance. Tell him our theory about the drugging and that some shady stuff is going down, possibly involving paramilitary groups.

Edit:

Alternatively, we can gently give her a hug to calm her down. We'll recover from the damage eventually.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Wentley posted:

What about an ice sled? Can that be used to pull her along?
Possibly! :) You have to get moving fast, though, and it'll take some time to make. Could be worth a shot!

ElrondHubbard posted:

Cool power that could be very handy in terms of breaking into places / getting rid of debris (if it's disintegration), but not really the time to marvel at it. This whole thing is a mess and makes the registration act inevitable at this point unless we can very quickly link some group to the drugging, and even then it's going to be a gamble.

Definitely say the bolded part.

If she doesn't go, then have Anna stay with her, since there's no chance she's going to abandon her even if we offer to stick around in her place. Have Antonio leave with us by reminding him that their kids can't afford to lose both him and Anna. Offer to help him run the shelter until Anna gets back once we've gotten some distance. Tell him our theory about the drugging and that some shady stuff is going down, possibly involving paramilitary groups.

Edit:

Alternatively, we can gently give her a hug to calm her down. We'll recover from the damage eventually.

So, you're voting to leave a pregnant woman behind as armed mercenaries/??? are coming up and bagging and tagging mutants?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I forgot about the ice poo poo. Have Anna make an ice sledge, then push her out while Anna keeps recreating it as it falls apart. But keep trying to make her get up and tell Antonio to GTFO with the rest of the kids. No point in losing everyone and he's a practical guy.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Yay! Ice sled it up!

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

hollylolly posted:

So, you're voting to leave a pregnant woman behind as armed mercenaries/??? are coming up and bagging and tagging mutants?
Assuming she doesn't resist, it's a best case scenario considering she's unwilling to leave and the kid isn't moving / is death incarnate. Reality is that we can't kung-fu fight dozens of mercenaries with guns very well and everyone staying to get captured doesn't really advance anyone's interests. We can worry about saving them afterwards.

Outrail posted:

I forgot about the ice poo poo. Have Anna make an ice sledge, then push her out while Anna keeps recreating it as it falls apart. But keep trying to make her get up and tell Antonio to GTFO with the rest of the kids. No point in losing everyone and he's a practical guy.

Ice sledge is a go

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ElrondHubbard posted:

Ice sledge is a go

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

today’s update brought to you by Sevendust

“Anna,” you say, a firm edge to your voice, “Can you make an ice sledge?” She frowns for a second, and then nods, holding her hands out in front of her. The air condenses and mists around her palms, and then the ice is forming and you turn to your second problem: Rebecca.

She’s cowering, arms wrapped around her knees and head buried between them, her long brown hair obscuring her. “Rebecca,” you say, crouching as close as you dare, the grass brown and turning to dust under your shoes. Just beyond her you could see the man she’d killed, his body still putrefying and decaying at a visible rate. It was beginning to smell really bad. “Honey, it's not your fault, you've been drugged. But the Feds are coming and we need to go now or we’re all in trouble, so if you don't get up I'll pick you up myself ok?"

“Don’t touch me!” she says, scrambling backward, and what was left of her clothes fall away, disintegrating into nothing.

“Okay, okay! I won’t!” You get up and point at the slab of ice Anna has made. “Get on that!”

Rebecca stares at it, and then looks over her shoulder at the fleeing people. You can see someone in a black uniform holding what looks to be a modified tranquilizer gun beyond this last group of rally attendees, and you curse loudly, reaching out with your left hand and grabbing her by the hair. “Come on!

She squeaks with surprise as you drag her to the sled, but has enough presence of mind not to flail her arms about, and then she’s on it, the ice biting at her bare skin as you grab the back edge and pushpushpush. Eel takes Anna’s elbow, helping her run while she concentrates on maintaining the ice. You imagine that a whole squad is running behind you, but you don’t look, and you get on a concrete sidewalk and feel something ziiiip! and hit your lower back, but you keep going, feet slapping the path. It’s a fast acting tranquilizer, and a heavy dose, but your body surges and burns it out of your system, and you start outpacing Anna and Eel.

You’re almost to the van - Antonio and Spectrum have gotten the other kids inside but what is your plan for transporting Rebecca?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
She gets on the back and Anna keeps her on a layer of ice. Ice is a pure water structure and can't really rot or decompose into other poo poo like leather or metal does. Hopefully that's enough and she can get over a frostbitten rear end.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Outrail posted:

She gets on the back and Anna keeps her on a layer of ice. Ice is a pure water structure and can't really rot or decompose into other poo poo like leather or metal does. Hopefully that's enough and she can get over a frostbitten rear end.

Okay. I like this plan. :) One question though -

:siren: Are you still willing to sacrifice a hand/arm to shove her up into the van and onto the ice if need be?
A. Yes
B. No
C. Just drag her up by her hair again, it'll be fiiiiine

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

hollylolly posted:

Are you still willing to sacrifice a hand/arm to shove her up into the van and onto the ice if need be?

If A is what it takes, then so be it. But hopefully some encouragement (and C) will be enough :)

Edit: Maybe Anna can make ice steps, or a slide!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
You want me to drag you around by the hair again or are you going to get into the van?

If she acts up sure, we can lose an arm. It's not like we had any plans tomorrow.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Take a hit of coke before or after to stay conscious and give her a boost if she needs it.

Don't threaten her, we're here to make a good impression as a not-terrorist-thug. Remind her that everyone else is in danger if she dawdles.

Edit:

Full support for ice steps.

Also, can't Antonio make his body into solid steel for a bit, man up, and do this whole thing for us?

ElrondHubbard fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 26, 2015

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
"Can you do this yourself? Otherwise, I'll help. Don't worry, I'll get better."

A. Yes

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We don't know if her power fries organics or everything.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Her power will start rusting and disintegrating the van. You don't know if it will keep going until the whole vehicle is dust or not, but the dead guy is still decaying away, so you should probably assume yes?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Ok. Thick layer of ice on the van floor and walls if possible. Don't touch her in case it goes to complete destruction.

Get in the loving van girl.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

hollylolly posted:

Her power will start rusting and disintegrating the van. You don't know if it will keep going until the whole vehicle is dust or not, but the dead guy is still decaying away, so you should probably assume yes?

She touched the planet. Are we hosed?

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
A: Lose the hand if we need to. It won't be pretty, but we're pretty sure we can take it.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

ElrondHubbard posted:

She touched the planet. Are we hosed?

:gonk:

....she was killing the grass, but the planet is going to be ok. Because ...she can't hurt dirt. Because I say so. Or something.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

hollylolly posted:

....she was killing the grass, but the planet is going to be ok. Because ...she can't hurt dirt. Because I say so. Or something.

It doesn't extend very deep, so she just leaves footprints of dead grass :3:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

hollylolly posted:

Maybe it isn't effective on things that are more particulate or discontinuous in nature. She wouldn't break down a pile of sand, for example, and soil is pretty composite. Humans, on the other hand, just repeating units of tiny cells. I think that would solve the problem.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
She could just be accelerating time for whatever she contacts? Metal rusts, plants die, and things break down.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Arkanomen posted:

She could just be accelerating time for whatever she contacts? Metal rusts, plants die, and things break down.

This requires investigation. Require a small barrel of single malt, stat.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

Maybe it isn't effective on things that are more particulate or discontinuous in nature. She wouldn't break down a pile of sand, for example, and soil is pretty composite. Humans, on the other hand, just repeating units of tiny cells. I think that would solve the problem.

Arkanomen posted:

For obvious reasons she hasn't experimented a lot with her power once she learned how to control it, but it does seem to lean more toward inducing decay rather than strictly disintegrating things.

With it supercharged like it is no one can be sure if the van would ultimately be safe, but a bit rusty, or if the whole thing will fall apart while you're driving it.

In other words, I'm stealing this to solidify my idea of her powers in my head. You can't stop me! I'm mad with power!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
If she's superpowered enough even non-corporeal entities are at risk. On to the Vatican!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

“Open the back!” Eel hollers, and Antonio runs around the 12 passenger van to fling open the back doors. Anna coats the inside with ice without you asking, and Rebecca tries to climb in but she’s freezing and stiff, and trying not to flash her naughty bits to everyone. Anna makes an ice stepstool for her, and the girl steps onto it, and slips.

You see Anna flinch toward her, instinctively going to catch her, and you grab Rebecca’s arm, hoisting her up into the van. The girl screeches no, and you close the doors. “Get them out of here, ‘Tonio!” you shout, your left hand already feeling numb and strange.

"What about you?" asks Anna, as Eel propels her to the passenger seat and helps her inside.

A. You go with them in the van
B. You try to make it back to your own car with Eel and Spectrum
C. Find Billy and Digger, make sure they're safe.
D. rescue more mutants from The Man!
E. combo plan, write in, whatever. What do you do?

edit: Feel free to question Intercept about what's going on behind you!

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 27, 2015

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

hollylolly posted:

edit: Feel free to question Intercept about what's going on behind you!

Let's get a sitrep about what's going down at the moment and what's up with our ride before we commit to anything.

Edit:

How's our hand doing? Does our power react and fight off her power's effect or not?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

ElrondHubbard posted:

Let's get a sitrep about what's going down at the moment and what's up with our ride before we commit to anything.

You don't want to start running and then ask what you're running into? Well, okay, I guess. ;)

You ask Intercept what's going on at the rally. He tells you that mostly everyone has scattered, but there are still groups of confused and panicked mutants and mutant supporters, unsure of where to go. The mercenaries or whatever they are are shooting people with tranquilizers, which seems to be enough to knock them down, but Monstro is still going strong and is nearly ten feet tall now. Attention is shifting toward him. You could probably dash to your own car, but you'd have to go the long way around because there is a blockade of black SUVs between you and it, along with whatever commanders the LAPD or mercenaries have brought to the scene.

Billy and Digger are clear, but had to head in the wrong direction from where Billy left his old Harley, and Eel has the keys to his car in his pocket. Spectrum is scared, but managing to hold it together for now.

You can hear the sirens of emergency response vehicles coming closer.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We're strong enough to KoolAidMan through walls right?

1)Grab a knife off someone and slice our hand off. Or failing that have digger tear our arm off. That should stop the spread to the rest of us.
2)Have Anna encase the arm in ice, and then freeze our shoulder (so we don't redecorate the Van's interior).
3)Tell them to go to the new headquarters (which we haven't used yet and are in a secluded place so no one should know they're there). Intercept should be able to keep an eye on rendition house and see if anyone makes a move on it.
4)Pass out on the van floor.

Leave our car where it is. It's just a car parked on the street. Obviously the owner wouldn't want to go into a warzone to retrieve it so leaving it for a day or so won't look weird.

vv: Oh yeah, thought they'd caught up with us. Com them and see if they think they can get out or not. If not swing round and pick them up. If that's not feasible re-evaluate after sit rep.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 27, 2015

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Assuming Billy and Digger can make it out without assistance, plan Outrail.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

Sure

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

ElrondHubbard posted:

Assuming Billy and Digger can make it out without assistance, plan Outrail.

Digger has broken ribs and a ride on Billy's bike might not be the most comfortable idea in the world, but they could make it out.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

hollylolly posted:

Digger has broken ribs and a ride on Billy's bike might not be the most comfortable idea in the world, but they could make it out.

We're about to hack off our hand and ride in a moving icebox. He can suck it up.

Also, I don't think we should be running through all those mercs with tranquilizers that were hot on our heels, unless things are pretty dire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Three votes for cutting off our hand in front of a bunch of teenagers, is it enough to trigger an update? Probably!

If nothing else, they'll never forget us now! (hey kids, watch this!)

• Locked thread