Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
can we get a mod to change the thread title to:
cjs: i'm 6'9" and 420lbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

What the government won't tell us is that global warming is actually due to an overabundance of sexy

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

BeOSPOS posted:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

according to ylls my clearly red sweater is pink and given the other outfits in the thread I'm thinking they maybe they can't see that well?
ylls managed to convince themselves you had a camel toe in that one pic so idk what their deal is

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

according to ylls my clearly red sweater is pink and given the other outfits in the thread I'm thinking they maybe they can't see that well?
lol

absolem posted:

qlomaire x2
uniqlo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

nice piss christ Instagram filter

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

a public service announcement: if you see someone linking to "the millennial pledge," do not click it. not even for a hate-read. don't do it

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

As a Millennial I posted:

a public service announcement: if you see someone linking to "the millennial pledge," do not click it. not even for a hate-read. don't do it

what if I get that browser extension so it's actually a "the snake people pledge"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BeOSPOS posted:

sure

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
considering im a pathetic beta manlet clocking in at an unimpressive 5'10" the old thread title triggered me greatly and i was basically QQing every time i loaded 'the 'pos

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

im 420 stones

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

all hail smythe

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

PipeRifle posted:

Maybe it's all just good-faith poo poo like I didn't really have any info on my resume or my references sheet and I didn't have to fill out an application where you list your supervisor and their contact info. Maybe they just wanted to see that I put some effort into confirming who they were but yeah, you'd think that they either do it or they outsource that kind of data collection, not ask the applicant to track down proof that they worked somewhere

you are way more forgiving than I am, if they demanded that of me I'd probably laugh at them. employers who want to check work history (not personal references) get the first 1-800 number I find on https://www.thatcompany.com, the phone directory gauntlet is their problem.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

:worship:

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
cls: I need to eat lunch.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Funhilde posted:

do so

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
upgrading the work pc to Windows 10 :pray:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Funhilde posted:

oh you're not trapped under the baby this time

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Bhodi posted:

you are way more forgiving than I am, if they demanded that of me I'd probably laugh at them. employers who want to check work history (not personal references) get the first 1-800 number I find on https://www.thatcompany.com, the phone directory gauntlet is their problem.

Well I realized I had them both on LinkedIn so I offered them that, the emails they had posted publicly plus their profiles. I sent them both messages through there and the cool boss who was my pal got back to me ASAP so maybe that's all they'll need. There's gotta be a cutoff at some point and I'd think 5 years oughtta do. Maybe if I had said "there's nothing more I can do" that would be one thing, but they seemed really appreciative that I took the extra effort and sent an email like "okay, here's what I was able to track down"

I really, really need them to call me ASAP because I'm about to go into a meeting where they tell us that (as per the equity firm that bought our company's playbook) they're going to be instituting a thoroughly-debunked personality/aptitude test that will give them a "head start" on "assessing our talent for the best fit" when it comes to "salary adjustments"

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
cls: Pumped about new Antiques Roadshow.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

PipeRifle posted:

I really, really need them to call me ASAP because I'm about to go into a meeting where they tell us that (as per the equity firm that bought our company's playbook) they're going to be instituting a thoroughly-debunked personality/aptitude test that will give them a "head start" on "assessing our talent for the best fit" when it comes to "salary adjustments"
people who immediately call out the bullshit are probably redlined for not towing the party line

good thing you're getting out of there, cuz drat

did they ever talk to the people who broke down crying when they announced the surprise move

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

PipeRifle posted:

lol the very first job I interviewed for out if college turned me down because of a computer based personality test

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Cat Face Joe posted:

lol the very first job I interviewed for out if college turned me down because of a computer based personality test

Yeah they say that we'll take the test in order to build a data set that they'll use to screen new hires. Sorry new hires, you're an ENTJ and we only hire INTPs or what the gently caress ever

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'm type TATR

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

always lie to computers
if you cant do that im gonna have to direct you to a better fit forum for you
anywhere but here

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

oh my god the astros are melting down

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
rorry, rorge!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cat Face Joe posted:

lmao did you tell it that you lie and steal rarely instead of never

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ty!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

nowadays it's probably "do any of your friends ever steal support unions, even once?"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"will you steal?"
"will you snitch?"
"will you bother your boss too much?"

all of those questions are these

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

oh my god the astros are melting down

:rip: astros
\

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it started out asking how important certain qualities are to you, like honesty and hard work and then moved onto asking you if you would put honesty before hard work and poo poo like that. it probably took over an hour

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
have you ever tried sugar or pcp

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

quote:

But compare him to a post-Columbine shooter like Darion Aguilar, the nineteen-year-old who last year killed two people in a skate shop in a Maryland shopping mall before killing himself. Aguilar wanted to be a chef. He had a passion for plant biology. He was quiet, but not marginalized or bullied. “He was a good person. He always believe[d] in inner peace,” a friend of his told the Washington Post. “He was just a really funny guy.” In the months before the shooting, he went to a doctor, complaining of hearing voices—but his voices were, according to police, “non-specific, non-violent and really not directing him to do anything.” The kid who wants to be a chef and hears “non-specific, non-violent” voices requires a finely elaborated script in order to carry out his attack. That’s what Paton and Larkin mean: the effect of Harris and Klebold’s example was to make it possible for people with far higher thresholds—boys who would ordinarily never think of firing a weapon at their classmates—to join in the riot. Aguilar dressed up like Eric Harris. He used the same weapons as Harris. He wore a backpack like Harris’s. He hid in the changing room of the store until 11:14 A.M.—the precise time when the Columbine incident began—and then came out shooting. A few months later, Aaron Ybarra walked onto the campus of Seattle Pacific University and shot three people, one fatally. Afterward, he told police that he could never have done it without “the guidance of, of Eric Harris and Seung-Hui Cho in my head. . . .Especially, Eric Harris, he was a, oh, man he was a master of all shooters.”

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/10/19/thresholds-of-violence

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

malcolm gladwell. hmmmmmmmmm

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
malcolm gladwell is just an emo phillips character fyi

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe