Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

ITs really hard to tell the diff between a meltdown and a brainstorming session with him.

Why not both? Call it brainmelting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Kaethela posted:

Why not both? Call it brainmelting.

welcome to the writers room!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KoRMaK posted:

ITs really hard to tell the diff between a meltdown and a brainstorming session with him.

Apparently they came up with mr meeseeks like that.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
Also the guy he is yelling at speaks English as a second language and was immediately apologetic and didn't seem to have any malice in the original tweet.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Another Gravity Falls reference.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Dan Harmon is and has always been totally nuts. Yelling at some guy on twitter for two hours is hardly the crime of the century, and he makes good stuff so I really can't give a poo poo about things like this. It's just kind of a fun thing that happens with crazy people sometimes.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Dan doesn't just sound like Rick when he throws a tantrum, he sounds like Jeff Winger, too. Who would have thought that the insecure man-child would write the smartest guy in the work and the cool irresistible stud to sound just like him???

In a lot of ways Rick is basically Jeff anyway with "genius" added and all his personality traits turned up to ten.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Dan's returned to blocking people he doesn't want to hear from: #Harmonblock2015

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
I don't do the twitter thing but I won't lie I'm quite enjoying Harmon gettin crazy on it. Good Stuff, gonna vote harmon for president or whatever.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ChairMaster posted:

Dan Harmon is and has always been totally nuts. Yelling at some guy on twitter for two hours is hardly the crime of the century, and he makes good stuff so I really can't give a poo poo about things like this. It's just kind of a fun thing that happens with crazy people sometimes.
Well, it probably wasn't fun for the person being harassed by a crazy person. Reading that poor fan's tweets was heartbreaking when he kept saying he was sorry and that he feels awful that someone he looks up to hates him and such.

But yeah, a fun thing that happens with crazy people.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeesh, guy is taking his divorce pretty hard.

get back to making my free cartoon, you alcoholic manchild

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
At least it's easy to see why he's getting divorced.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MariusLecter posted:

At least it's easy to see why he's getting divorced.

Someone that goes off on hours long rants at any perceived slight, and then it turns out he has completely misunderstood the point he was mad about in the first place? Seems like a recipe for success imo

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Normal people couldn't make Rick and Morty, so it's a fair trade.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Someone that goes off on hours long rants at any perceived slight, and then it turns out he has completely misunderstood the point he was mad about in the first place? Seems like a recipe for success imo

I guess in retrospect Jerry is kind of an obvious self-insert.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Really digging the parts of the multi-hour rant where he implies that fame is a legitimate (or possibly only?) measure of a person's worth, and therefore this is the most significant moment of the poor guy's life. I guess I'm happy in a way that the dude thinks that since he clearly can't form meaningful human relationships.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Guy A. Person posted:

Really digging the parts of the multi-hour rant where he implies that fame is a legitimate (or possibly only?) measure of a person's worth, and therefore this is the most significant moment of the poor guy's life. I guess I'm happy in a way that the dude thinks that since he clearly can't form meaningful human relationships.

I suspect (want to believe) that he's just saying that kind of poo poo because he thinks it's the most effective way to insult that person.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Dan Harmon is a man who needs constant praise- despite a career consisting of running a few clever, subversive ideas into the ground- in order to act like a decent person.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

prefect posted:

I suspect (want to believe) that he's just saying that kind of poo poo because he thinks it's the most effective way to insult that person.

I'm sure that's mostly it but it's also pretty obvious the dude has major self-esteem issues so I'm sure his fame becomes a big measure of his own self-worth

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Guy A. Person posted:

More money equals better than, poor people don't deserve rights.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tweet Justin Roiland only tbh. He will retweet your art if he likes it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CelticPredator posted:

Tweet Justin Roiland only tbh. He will retweet your art if he likes it.

And fave your tweet when you tell him to put a smart cap and exo suit on his dog :3:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Gotta wonder why he continues to produce media when he clearly has such contempt for his fans

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Roiland has made some messed up stuff but as a person, he definitely seems better than Harmon, who it's increasingly clear is a total histrionic tool.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Android Blues posted:

Roiland has made some messed up stuff but as a person, he definitely seems better than Harmon, who it's increasingly clear is a total histrionic tool.

Roilands childish glee for VR is pretty great and I hope that Valve's headset+tracking system is as awesome as he makes it out to be.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Calico Heart posted:

Gotta wonder why he continues to produce media when he clearly has such contempt for his fans

Guy A. Person posted:

it's also pretty obvious the dude has major self-esteem issues so I'm sure his fame becomes a big measure of his own self-worth

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Harmon more often than not publicizes / speaks openly about mental illness so that he can use it as a shield for his own behavior, rather than for therapy

The guy in the room who jokes about his own alcoholism as he swigs from a vodka bottle is usually not getting better. (Dan is sometimes literally that guy)

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

SlipkPIe posted:

Harmon more often than not publicizes / speaks openly about mental illness so that he can use it as a shield for his own behavior, rather than for therapy

The guy in the room who jokes about his own alcoholism as he swigs from a vodka bottle is usually not getting better. (Dan is sometimes literally that guy)

It's weird because he obviously is aware of most of his problems. He'll straight up admit to any fault he has. He just sort of accepted that he's probably not going to be able to change.

What was the tweet anyway? It's all blocked now.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Harmon is not a very good person. His public drama and shenanigans are not the worst thing a showrunner has done or indeed even that notably bad in the grand scheme of public fiascos that showrunners have embroiled themselves in. Being a showrunner means you're, usually, a type-A, controlling rear end in a top hat with huge self esteem and usually socialization issues. Nothing that harmon has done recently is out of the norm for what showrunners do.

I need to just favorite this post and copy/paste it every other month when harmon does something retarded in public because it's something i'm forced to repeat so often.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Dr_Amazing posted:

It's weird because he obviously is aware of most of his problems. He'll straight up admit to any fault he has. He just sort of accepted that he's probably not going to be able to change.

What was the tweet anyway? It's all blocked now.

Someone asked him "are you too drunk for this? this seems like a bad idea" and it was apparently about some kind of rap he had said he was going to do. I don't know anything more.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I have to ask why people obsess over these two particular showrunners so much more than like any others, ever?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I have to ask why people obsess over these two particular showrunners so much more than like any others, ever?

they dont, harmon just likes to air his poo poo in public

people bitch about the sons of anarchy guy and the guy who made glee and probably others too.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Cults gonna cult

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
There's basically nothing goons love more than boiling a person down to the single worst thing they've done, and then obsessive over it. Harmon apparently likes to update that stat more frequently than others, so he gets extra attention.

I still say the poo poo Harmon says would fit right in on this dumb forum, or even this dumb thread.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Probably true. But most of us aren't famous. And people look up to the famous. Which is something to consider.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

they dont, harmon just likes to air his poo poo in public

people bitch about the sons of anarchy guy and the guy who made glee and probably others too.

no, nobody on this forum gives a poo poo about sutter or murphy, two shining examples of being giant shitbag showrunners

the only other example of a showrunner being brought into a fraction of the scrutiny that harmon is is moffat, and that's because doctor who fans are...awful

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I tried reading some of your reviews, and they were finely written...but you were describing was just mind boggling. My dad watches that show and I just do not understand it.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

dont watch doctor who

its rubbish

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

no, nobody on this forum gives a poo poo about sutter or murphy, two shining examples of being giant shitbag showrunners

the only other example of a showrunner being brought into a fraction of the scrutiny that harmon is is moffat, and that's because doctor who fans are...awful

I only ever followed the AHS: Coven thread, but I remember that having a lot of posts about how lovely Ryan Murphy can make shows get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Toxxupation posted:

I have never watched glee or sons of anarchy and yet I know of Kurt Sutter and Ryan Murphy because of this forum. I don't know about the world in general but people absolutely do seem to give a poo poo here.

• Locked thread