Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

dis astranagant posted:

This one is loving happening, sometime in the next 7 days.

Let me know when it goes up and I'll edit a link into the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm interested in the King's Field games. It'd be like seeing the roots of the Demon's/Dark Souls games.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

dis astranagant posted:

This one is loving happening, sometime in the next 7 days.

Awesome, I love that game and the first one so much, really looking forward to it.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I'd still be super interested in Axiom Verge; it always looked like a cool Metroid type game but it was always a bit more expensive than I'd want to pay for it (cause I'm cheap).

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I'm still interested in the Kings Field games, and Madworld.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Shower with your dad. All modes.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
Keep the Tex Murphy series (Over a Killing Moon, Pandora Directive, Overseer, Tesla Effect).

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'm requesting two new games, Callahan's Crosstime Saloon and John Saul's Blackstone Chronicles. Both are mid-late 90's PC adventure games based on books. I always heard they were both good games but they are hard to run on modern computers and aren't on GOG.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Niggurath posted:

I'd still be super interested in Axiom Verge; it always looked like a cool Metroid type game but it was always a bit more expensive than I'd want to pay for it (cause I'm cheap).

It's really really good. Like, close to Super Metroid good. Double impressive that it's a solo creator jam.

I definitely still want the bootleg NES thread.

I'll always hold out hope for Egomaniac to return for Siren: HD, but it's probably not doing any good sitting on the list :sigh:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

AlphaKretin posted:

I wasn't the original requester but I'd still be interested in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.
It was pretty disappointing, even to people who actually enjoyed the first two. :(

I would be really interested in seeing D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die, as both of SWERY's other most notable works have LPs and it's supposed to be the same kind of weird amped up to 11.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It was pretty disappointing, even to people who actually enjoyed the first two. :(

I would be really interested in seeing D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die, as both of SWERY's other most notable works have LPs and it's supposed to be the same kind of weird amped up to 11.

I'll just leave this here.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Will it be disappointing if I'm hoping it's bad for an LP full of schadenfreude? :unsmigghh:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'll just leave this here.
Well, now I feel awfully dumb. :(

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm interested in the King's Field games. It'd be like seeing the roots of the Demon's/Dark Souls games.

Seconding this.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

A good screenshot LP of Lisa: The Painful RPG or Lisa: The Joyful RPG would be pretty great. And horrifying. But mostly great.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Bliss Authority posted:

A good screenshot LP of Lisa: The Painful RPG or Lisa: The Joyful RPG would be pretty great. And horrifying. But mostly great.
You'r;e in luck, there's one for the first Lisa right on the first page: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746021

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Bliss Authority is after an SSLP. There was one started way back, but it stopped updating and I can't remember the link.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Blind Sally posted:

Bliss Authority is after an SSLP. There was one started way back, but it stopped updating and I can't remember the link.

This is still pretty great too: I just wanted to avoid wading through Amateur VA Hour, really. Thanks for the link!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Blind Sally posted:

Oops, that's my bad. I do wish I could remember who was doing the SSLP one a couple months ago; I seem to recall it was maybe partially blind? But it only got a couple of updates.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Edit:nevermind

Pinback
Jul 22, 2012

I've been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery
just mowing us all down...
Would anybody be up for doing an informative/retrospective Wasteland 1 LP? I'd like to know more about that game (and that era in general), and put some context to the sequel and other RPGs that came after.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
There is another (this one is non-blind) LP of The Evil Within going on: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746334

Edit: oh, didn't check the master list first, it's on there, but not in the OP.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 19, 2015

AielloA
Dec 3, 2014
Kinda disappointed there isn't a SSLP of Fire Emblem: Awakening, one of those would be nice to have.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

There was one (I'm on phone so I can't link) but Tae didn't have it archived because it cut out halfway through the DLC.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
It's weird, I know there was an LP of Gunpoint recently but I can't find it.

thevoiceofdog started a VLP of LISA and it already hit gold after two updates so that was quick.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

dscruffy1 posted:

Bacter did it as part of the 2007 thread, I think.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

AielloA posted:

Kinda disappointed there isn't a SSLP of Fire Emblem: Awakening, one of those would be nice to have.

As with all 3DS games, the main impediment is the $300 or so console mod required to record off of it. I think you can count the number of people who have done it on the subforum with a single hand.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

And before anyone asks, yes the 3DS has built in screenshot functionality with Miiverse, so you could theoretically do an SSLP like that, but going to Miiverse and posting a screenshot is reeeeaally slow that it'd be way too much hassle to do it like that (probably like a minute or 2 just to take one screenshot).

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

ChaosArgate posted:

And before anyone asks, yes the 3DS has built in screenshot functionality with Miiverse, so you could theoretically do an SSLP like that, but going to Miiverse and posting a screenshot is reeeeaally slow that it'd be way too much hassle to do it like that (probably like a minute or 2 just to take one screenshot).

The Miiverse screenshots are also converted to JPG format and you can only have 100 of them at a time. So yeah, it would be too much of a hassle to use.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

dscruffy1 posted:

thevoiceofdog started a VLP of LISA and it already hit gold after two updates so that was quick.
Yeah, here's the link to Bacter's LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27XxBIOFW-Y. I think it's only like four parts since Gunpoint is super short.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

AlphaKretin posted:

There was one (I'm on phone so I can't link) but Tae didn't have it archived because it cut out halfway through the DLC.

I mean, the main story is basically done. I'm learning to avoid dlc in the next games. Here's the archived version if you have that function: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547693&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I could have just the main story archived, but I don't know if that would count as a "complete" LP.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Tae posted:

I mean, the main story is basically done. I'm learning to avoid dlc in the next games. Here's the archived version if you have that function: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547693&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I could have just the main story archived, but I don't know if that would count as a "complete" LP.

It probably would. I don't post-game/bonus content counts for a complete LP by LPArchive standards.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Tae posted:

Yes, it would. Also, incomplete LPs have been archived.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Incidentally, the Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime request has been fulfilled. Though it hasn't been archived yet.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Someone play through Apotheon and Axiom Verge, thanks one love.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
As amazing as Apotheon is, it's repetitive as gently caress and would require a lot of route planning and editing. Not saying it can't be done but boy, that'd be a lot of work.

Speaking of nigh-impossible LPs, did anyone ever try to do Space Rangers 2?

e: Actually, Slowbeef is doing a run of Axiom Verge on his youtube channel.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 24, 2015

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

Someone play through Apotheon and Axiom Verge, thanks one love.
Though it only just started, and they update at a glacial pace, Edo Animus just started an Axiom Verge LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwn1TozudWA. It's pretty good so far.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
The Evil Within blind is finished! Looks like the request for Akumu mode expired too.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Did I say 7 days? I clearly meant 7 weeks :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Niggurath posted:

Though it only just started, and they update at a glacial pace, Edo Animus just started an Axiom Verge LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwn1TozudWA. It's pretty good so far.

One episode in two weeks is pretty glacial for a metroidvania!

• Locked thread