Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

open24hours posted:

The central tenet of Christianity is that Jesus is (the son of) God. If you think that's up for debate you're not a Christian you're a heretic and a blasphemer.

or an Anglican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Orkin Mang: look up Kea solving problems, they are about as good at it as crows and ravens are.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GoldStandardConure posted:

Orkin Mang: look up Kea solving problems, they are about as good at it as crows and ravens are.

holy gently caress just watched this. just saunters up and opens the drat door. crows are morons. im getting a kea, his name? Pissman

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The kea had trouble with that stick and watching birds makes me feel chill.

Why not have bird problem solving championships instead of the Melbourne cup.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Anidav posted:

The kea had trouble with that stick and watching birds makes me feel chill.

Why not have bird problem solving championships instead of the Melbourne cup.

i think it was bc the kea has a really weird shaped beak that made it harder to use the stick. the crow had no probs bc he had the cone beak

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The crow was equal until the Kea just gave no fucks about that window.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Australia: Bad politics, good birds.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

GoldStandardConure posted:

Australia: Bad politics, good birds.

oi mate, this is 2015, they prefer to be called women, or sheilas.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I loved the kea and the window.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

In a Kitchen Cabinet first, Annabel Crabb presides over a cross party lunch, when Liberal Minister Christopher Pyne dines with Labor MP Anthony Albanese at a Canberra Chinese restaurant.

:stare:

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Annabel Crabb wrote a 100 page Turnbull bio/love letter a couple of years ago. She is the Andrew Bolt to his Tony Abbott.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
when is vomitoria catchment going to start writing columns again

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
David Leyonhjelm's 'all cops are bastards' comments 'appalling' – police

The Police Association of New South Wales has called for David Leyonhjelm to be sacked from a parliamentary committee into law enforcement after the Liberal Democrat senator criticised police for their treatment of football fans.

Leyonhjelm is heading up an inquiry into nanny state laws which he said restrict the freedom of adults to make their own decisions.

The inquiry on Tuesday looked at rules imposed on fans of Western Sydney Wanderers football club. It was revealed in September that police intended to ban fans from marching to the ground together, flying banners, clapping with their hands above their head and jumping up and down, among other measures. They later backed down from the proposals.

“There is a saying amongst them that all cops are bastards,” Leyonhjelm told reporters in Sydney on Tuesday. “The cops have earned that label, they have to un-earn it.”

The head of the Police Association, Scott Weber, labelled the comments “appalling” and “an outrage”.

“The senator, by repeating those comments and backing them up, is not acting how any elected official should behave. Such attitudes and vitriol are, and always will be, an affront to community decency and values,” Weber said.

Weber wants Leyonhjelm removed from the joint parliamentary committee into law enforcement.

“If senator David Leyonhjelm is representative of the thinking of a majority of senators then maybe it’s time to rethink if the people of Australia need a Senate at all,” he said.

Leyonhjelm was defiant. “The police are not our masters. They are our servants and I think they should remember that,” he said on Wednesday afternoon.

The justice minister, Michael Keenan, whose responsibilities include oversight of the Australian federal police, said the federal government does not have the power to sack parliamentarians.

“If we had that power we’d probably use it regularly,” he joked.

Keenan strongly backed law enforcement agencies, saying: “They’re not bullying us, they’re protecting us.”

He has called on all elected representatives to support them.

“I’m disappointed if it’s the case where individual members don’t do that, but really it’s a matter for those individual members,” he said.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
leyonhjelm obviously chasing the auspol vote

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
it's hosed up that leyonhjelm is actually muyb

e: gently caress

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Seagull posted:

it's hosed up that leyonhjelm is actually muyb

e: gently caress

I actually have a head of hair which is both luxurious and nutritious. Also cats are poo poo.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
All
Cats
Are
Beautiful

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

All
Lizards
Are
Wizards

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Vladimir Poutine posted:

“If senator David Leyonhjelm is representative of the thinking of a majority of senators then maybe it’s time to rethink if the people of Australia need a Senate at all,” he said.

lol, righto pig

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Can't have a senator that's critical of police on a parliamentary committee for law enforcement. Calling for political oversight of policing to be abolished if the overseers don't like police. All cops truly are bastards.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

i agree. we should have a state run by police. a police state, if you will.

i mean, why bother with two houses of parliament?

Dude McAwesome fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 4, 2015

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

David lion helm sucks tho

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Negligent posted:

true that, friend

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Dude McAwesome posted:

i agree. we should have a state run by police. a police state, if you will.

i mean, why bother with two houses of parliament?

If they all squeezed in they could surely all fit in to one.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

MonoAus posted:

If they all squeezed in they could surely all fit in to one.

put more money into the policing budget that way.

brown kids aren't gonna shoot themselves!

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
no kitten voted 0

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Birdstrike posted:

no kitten voted 0

http://imgur.com/oGHXeuw

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Negligent posted:

Counterpoint: as with Ricky Muir, he's proof that literally plucking a rando off the street makes for a better parliament than one entirely staffed by LibLab suits toeing the party line

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Stopped clock right, news at 5.84

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Vladimir Poutine posted:

David Leyonhjelm's 'all cops are bastards' comments 'appalling' – police

:eyepop:

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

It's not about being a stopped clock, it's about having quotes in the media which show ordinary (fuckwit) Australians that not everybody has to be all bipartisan "Yeah of course it's OK for Border Force to check your papers in Melbourne" or "the police are always right and never wrong and deserve unconditional obedience."

And the way that poo poo is going these days with data retention I would rather the left embraces allies wherever it can find them instead of unconditionally shafting libertarians (or whoever) for not having 100% Correct Opinions. I'll take Leyjonhjelm any day over another cockhead Liberal.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

lion helm comes off a production line of sandstone uni, student activism, traditional profession, consultant,

so, while he has the cv of an ordinary tory politician, because he is a lolbertarian nutbar he is different enough to be a valuable outsider because what we need is more people trolling ray hadley on twitter

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

David Leyonhjelm ‏@DavidLeyonhjelm 8h8 hours ago
My advice to Ray Hadley and anyone concerned about being called a bastard, including coppers, is don’t be a bastard.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Negligent posted:

David Leyonhjelm ‏@DavidLeyonhjelm 8h8 hours ago
My advice to Ray Hadley and anyone concerned about being called a bastard, including coppers, is don’t be a bastard.

This totally vindicates anything he said. Too many authorities high and low are of the notion that respect is implicit and not earned. I doubt actually calling them a bastard will imbue them with humility but how else are you meant to communicate this to them and have them acknowledge you?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if someones being a dickhead call them a dickhead. its the way of socrates

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Orkin Mang posted:

if someones being a dickhead call them a dickhead. its the way of socrates

Namaste

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

shut up skank

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Orkin Mang you should come chill in the crew thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

:rip:

• Locked thread