Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Kumo posted:

*I too have an overwrought, unsatisfying and emotional opinion to express about the Paris attacks* - everyone on yr social media

yeah i stay away from social media during times like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

A misanthrope posted:

I get to see literally everyone's eiffel tower selfie.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

A misanthrope posted:

Sa is social media for fags and autists

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Oh good, France, Russia and all sorts of western interests can finally unite again for a good old fashion war! And then following that we can finally have our peace and prosperity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yla1zxRLfl8

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mnoba posted:

that’s going to mean stepping on some toes and bumping up against that whole Freedom of Religion thing.

Really?

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Toodleloo Raqqah.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

InterFaced posted:

I get to see literally everyone's eiffel tower selfie.

ugh right? gently caress white people

ethanol posted:

true but i can say what i really think on here without my boss having a talk with me on monday

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

ethanol posted:

I hate most of you, but I'd still rather read this thread than whatever drivel my tea party extended family currently has smeared all over my Facebook wall right now.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded

Hatebag posted:

The market value of oil would go way up and then less commerce would be able to happen on a global scale. Doesn't matter how much oil US/Canada produce. It's what happened in the 70's. I don't think it'd be the worst thing but the world is run by rich people and as a rule the rich do not do things that make them less rich, so the Saudi's should be comfortable.

If it does, 'Merka (AKA Bonerland) and everyone else fracks their asses off.

Supply goes up, prices go down, environmentalists have a collective shart-fit, we start running big V8's again, ME starves and go back to living in tents like they used to and eating their camels to survive.
I see no downside here.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Pillowpants posted:

Are the attackers from France or somewhere else?

yeah

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hemale in pain posted:

im 15-18 years old, rather than getting laid all the time and smoking weed im gonna blow myself up.

allahu akbar

How are you supposed to get laid if the rich old guys all got 4 wives?

Alucard

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Tumble posted:

Oh good, France, Russia and all sorts of western interests can finally unite again for a good old fashion war! And then following that we can finally have our peace and prosperity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yla1zxRLfl8

You approach the runty, shaking Ethipoian child that sobs into the ant-ridden dirt. His parents lay dead behind him, caught in the crossfire of the tragic war between disease and hunger. Your heart hurts for him, but you know your mission. You've known it from the time you were born onto this path, 27 years ago. He is your final goal, no longer a person in your eyes but a thing through which to obtain a glory that you cannot begin to describe.

The child's bloated, hollow belly no longer rumbles, it's muscles too atrophied for such things now. He is beyond the saving of the white Red Cross volunteers that stand in the distance enjoying the sweet, carbonated beverage that once lay in the cooler strapped to your back. He lifts his head to stare at you, tears streaming down his face. The breath leaves your lungs in a rush. This is it. The moment you've been waiting for.

You stretch your hand out toward him. A droplet of cold water runs down the side of the plastic bottle, plunging past the dark drink within and landing on the curve of pale flesh between your thumb and index finger. He takes the bottle, uncertain of what it is or what to do with it. Inside your chest, a lion roars triumphantly.

You did it.

You bought the world a coke.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

whatever7 posted:

Alucard

Allow women to have 4 husbands ?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Trollhawke posted:

You're joking, right?

It'd be interesting to see how that would play out, but you can't just "ban" how people take an ideology without completely removing the practice of the faith itself, and that historically hasn't gone down well.

yes, I was joking.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
please do not "tell jokes" in gbs this is not the place

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

hold on guys i've got the compassionate christian response

as we all know, christianity is the religion of peace

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ugh Islam *slams fist on desk*

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

hold on guys i've got the compassionate christian response

as we all know, christianity is the religion of peace

The best thing is that this is the mentality of the people he is talking about.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

whatever7 posted:

Y'know there might be something there about older religious dudes wanting to keep all the young ladies to themselves and using jihadi as a means to dispose of younger rivals

like fundy mormons will sometimes exile the young men and keep the young women in plural marriages

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

zimboe posted:

Isn't that the same basic mechanism that caused WW1?

Again, me no rikey.

its just a bunch of idiots in the bed of toyota pickups, not exactly the second reich

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Decebal posted:

Allow women to have 4 husbands ?

Even allow the mooselums eat bacon will fix most angst.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
How did we succeed in making paganism / witchery a "shunned , mocked , hidden away" religion?

Seems like it was done well, could you imagine islam being that silly "phase" that teenagers hide in the forest to practice for a month?

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
There's no fancy rugs or minarets in the forest, idiot

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

You approach the runty, shaking Ethipoian child that sobs into the ant-ridden dirt. His parents lay dead behind him, caught in the crossfire of the tragic war between disease and hunger. Your heart hurts for him, but you know your mission. You've known it from the time you were born onto this path, 27 years ago. He is your final goal, no longer a person in your eyes but a thing through which to obtain a glory that you cannot begin to describe.

The child's bloated, hollow belly no longer rumbles, it's muscles too atrophied for such things now. He is beyond the saving of the white Red Cross volunteers that stand in the distance enjoying the sweet, carbonated beverage that once lay in the cooler strapped to your back. He lifts his head to stare at you, tears streaming down his face. The breath leaves your lungs in a rush. This is it. The moment you've been waiting for.

You stretch your hand out toward him. A droplet of cold water runs down the side of the plastic bottle, plunging past the dark drink within and landing on the curve of pale flesh between your thumb and index finger. He takes the bottle, uncertain of what it is or what to do with it. Inside your chest, a lion roars triumphantly.

You did it.

You bought the world a coke.

I went & found this video to read in accomanyment :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPdU7_rqbqA

gently caress, now I want a coke

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded
Oil, or its perceived scarcity,is the fuel for radical Islam.

Oil is not scarce. It is primordial, being the product of bacterial digestion of methane diffusing out of the bulk Earth since Day Zero, 4485 million years ago.
Oil is found everywhere there are geological features to trap it from diffusing out.

Wanna stop Islam?

Drill,drill,drill. Frack till you're fracker's sore.
Cut their veins by making oil as cheap as water.

Kill the beast by taking away its food and starving it out.

and once again I can run a 440 c.i. V8, at 38 cents a gallon for good 'Murkan gazzoline.
Fast big iron is the main thing that makes life in America tolerable.

E:
Day Zero was the final collision that formed the Moon and gave Earth its oversized superheated iron core and magnetic field.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This attack clearly demonstrates what happens when you integrate ethnic communities poorly, i'm not saying the attacks were right, i'm just saying they are mostly France's fault.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

OlmanRiver posted:

How did we succeed in making paganism / witchery a "shunned , mocked , hidden away" religion?

Seems like it was done well, could you imagine islam being that silly "phase" that teenagers hide in the forest to practice for a month?

We didn't. We just modified Christianity to fit local culture so they would adopt it. And then killed those who wouldn't.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Argh, D&D. Not even once.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Butyraceous posted:

The best thing is that this is the mentality of the people he is talking about.

They drew first blood, we're allowed to defend ourselves!

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 14, 2015

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sethex posted:

This attack clearly demonstrates what happens when you integrate ethnic communities poorly, i'm not saying the attacks were right, i'm just saying they are mostly France's fault.

Well obviously. Who else would be at fault?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They are removing ads for this movie about infiltrating french djihad citizens

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

A Stupid Baby posted:

please do not "tell jokes" in gbs this is not the place

WhatWhatWhat?!!?
Yes it is you nosack, this is a humour(or "humor") site.

poo poo, what a schmunk.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

zimboe posted:

Day Zero was the final collision that formed the Moon and gave Earth its oversized superheated iron core and magnetic field.

yeah uh, im not so sure that's how earth got its molten core

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
It would seem like somehow religion has no place in an informed society.

Secularize by the sword.

A misanthrope posted:

Your follower is probably heartbroken.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded
We need to get these guys into the sweet,sweet, bacony goodness.

"Once you taste Pork, you never go bork"

Maybe that's why they ban it , it's so good it's sinful.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mnoba posted:

The cancer in Iraq and Syria is only the latest outbreak of a disease which has been showing lethal symptoms for more than three decades, and it’s now metastasized through the western world. It’s not that law enforcement and intelligence agencies aren’t doing anything about it… the French authorities have broken up more plots than I can count, and we’ve caught quite a few in the Untied States as well. But they’ll never be able to break them all up until the status quo changes.

And by now I think we all know what that means. Not only do the home bases of these animals need to be rooted out and destroyed, but we’ve got to be seriously engaged in finding their tendrils which have taken root in civilized countries. And that’s going to mean stepping on some toes and bumping up against that whole Freedom of Religion thing. If we’re not going to take the job seriously, last night’s attacks are just going to remain the new normal.

You’re not going to tweet this problem away, guys.

Also this needs to be on more pages

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

unpacked robinhood posted:

They are removing ads for this movie about infiltrating french djihad citizens

That is a very cool, if unfortunate movie poster.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Also this needs to be on more pages

Yes more nazi posts please. Maybe include a reference to parasites.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I mean, I'm a pagan and I'd still to go jail for burning cats in a bonfire and- wow now I see what you guys mean about us pet island people.

In all sincerity, it's not an issue of religion on our side of it. If religion is brought into it, they're bringing it in. The people getting blown up didn't go "Oh, well, I'm a buddhist, I should get jihaded today". It's a one sided religious war that's really more like a bunch of loving idiots killing shitloads of people and really needing to be stopped, preferably without killing innocents on either side. Islam's not something that speaks to me on any level, but if it does to you and you don't join up with these kinds of idiots, you shouldn't be getting included with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
pretty sure zimboe is legit mentally ill

• Locked thread