Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I think there was probable cause and the cops are under a lot of pressure in this sort of situation. It was a good shoot strip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Was there a cavity search too?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
And yet if I whipped my own dick out to take some snaps at the bus stop id get arrested

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Wait, hang on:

Gorilla Salad posted:

The police officer does not need a warrant to search you in a public place if they reasonably suspect you:

are in an area where a lot of violent crime happens (they can use this fact to show they have reasonable grounds to search you)

What the gently caress? Isn't that, like, anywhere in a major city? Who gets to determine what counts as "a lot" of violent crime?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

@CUhlmann posted:

The obsession with @BriggsJamie knee is why, very soon, only tedious teetotaling twats will inhabit politics. At least he's interesting.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

he has a point. bring back the pissheads into parliament

oh and also make sure those pissheads have the right type of ideology too

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah also brutally maim Chris Uhlmann

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

ewe2 posted:

According to a tweet this article was removed from an edition of the Age on police request and Julian Burnside managed to get a copy:

Australia™

What is this, an article for ants?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

freebooter posted:

Wait, hang on:

What the gently caress? Isn't that, like, anywhere in a major city? Who gets to determine what counts as "a lot" of violent crime?

Well in less and less places as violent crimes are going down in all states apart from south australia:

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/4510.0

And obviously Victoria where according to these stats no serious crimes are ever committed due to Victoria being a utopia where nothing bad can ever happen and everything is always awesome.

Thats not me saying that, thats the ABS.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

freebooter posted:

Wait, hang on:

When I made my initial post, I had genuinely forgotten this legislation had passed despite being so incredibly angry when it happened. I still have trouble believing it's real, that's why I forgot.

In Victoria, it is now legal for police to stop you at any time, anywhere in the entire state, for any (or no) reason and search you. They can pat you down or do a full strip search and you have no right to refuse.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well gently caress, looks like some of the terrorists got in by posing as refugees. 'Told you so's are probably going to start flying around. :\

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I can't wait to hear how Dutton plans to use the Paris attacks in his agenda.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

SynthOrange posted:

Well gently caress, looks like some of the terrorists got in by posing as refugees. 'Told you so's are probably going to start flying around. :\

They would have likely got in regardless to be realistic. However, Europe makes it a lot harder to mitigate the risk with open borders.

Yes the 'told you so' thing will get a fantastic run. The threat may be overstated, but you can't deny the risk isn't real.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

SynthOrange posted:

First cab off the ranks none other than our esteemed onion eater

and Lleyonhjelm has chimed in with a this wouldn't have happened if they had a guns

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 15, 2015

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-15/australian-terror-response-has-to-change-after-paris-attacks/6941808

On my phone so I can't easily paste the text but fuuuuuuuck you Chris Uhlmann

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Pauline Hanson is calling for a royal commission into Islam.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Birb Katter posted:

Pauline Hanson is calling for a royal commission into Islam.

This is one of those "can't tell if real or a joke" statements.

What a time to be alive.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SynthOrange posted:

From the image thread:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

From the image thread:

We've seen the same reaction from morons like zhaki in this thread. If they're aware of it, they're too scared to care.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

fuuuuuuuck you Chris Uhlmann

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
This is not a well written article, but I thought this was an interesting point:

quote:

As many Muslims praised Europe’s acceptance of war-fleeing Syrians compared to Gulf countries’ lack of compassion, a situation where the West is seen as a savior rather than an enemy is undesirable for ISIS.

Instead, ISIS seeks to create a unified, uniform enemy to facilitate the spread of the terrorist group’s message and the pinpointing of its targets.

An article called “Eliminating the Grayzone” in ISIS’ English-language magazine Dabiq highlights this mode of thinking. In it, the group calls for dividing the world into two groups: The camp of Islam (represented by ISIS) and the camp of the West.

For this to happen, the author calls for the elimination of a grayzone where Muslims and the West coexist. He gives Muslims the option between “apostatizing to the infidel version of Islam in the West or migrating to the Islamic State.” He states that the aim of the Islamic State is to “further the division of the world and destroy the grayzone everywhere.”

The purpose of the attacks in Paris wasn’t solely to inflict fear in the hearts of the French but also to antagonize them by fueling their hate towards Islam and Muslims, thereby furthering their vision of the elimination of the grayzone.

quote:

It doesn’t want a Europe with “Refugees Welcome” signs plastered over its streets and squares but rather for it to be filled with anti-Muslim protests.
http://egyptianstreets.com/2015/11/14/the-importance-of-an-anti-muslim-europe-for-isis/

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Vladimir Poutine posted:

This is not a well written article, but I thought this was an interesting point:

quote:

The purpose of the attacks in Paris wasn’t solely to inflict fear in the hearts of the French but also to antagonize them by fueling their hate towards Islam and Muslims, thereby furthering their vision of the elimination of the grayzone.

http://egyptianstreets.com/2015/11/14/the-importance-of-an-anti-muslim-europe-for-isis/

That is the purpose behind every attack and always has been, going back to at least 9/11.

E:i laughed so hard when, a couple of months ago, somebody in this thread said that bin laden didn't achieve his objective with 9/11

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 15, 2015

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I could understand how a younger person with no memory of what the world was like before could think that.

Oh, the world's always been at war and on the verge of becoming a police state. No, before 2001 things were genuinely looking pretty drat good, all things considered*. What's more, the future was looking hopeful, too.

Now the window's shifted so far to the right it's in another room.

*I'm not saying things were perfect, by any means and I know how easily this sort of thing can sound like 'get off my lawn' :corsair: There were still things like the Gulf War and Woomera - Keating brought in mandatory detention in 1992. And marriage equality wasn't even a thing. But what was lacking was the, well I can only call it, the open cruelty which defines so much of the current political discourse.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 15, 2015

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Yeah, this goes back a while. It's just as true of the far right in the west too, they want (not as openly as ISIS) to eat away at that group of westerners who are happy to coexist with muslims until you have just the two opposed camps. The two extremes are just feeding off each other and I think it will take some exceptional global leadership to avoid both parties achieving their goal.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

gay picnic defence posted:

Yeah, this goes back a while. It's just as true of the far right in the west too, they want (not as openly as ISIS) to eat away at that group of westerners who are happy to coexist with muslims until you have just the two opposed camps. The two extremes are just feeding off each other and I think it will take some exceptional global leadership to avoid both parties achieving their goal.

Yeah its MAD part two, the religious sequel to the Cold War. Unfortunately it's just too good for global "leadership" to resist, it's like control freak endorphins. 40 years of my life (and 10 years before that) went to that bullshit and now god (take your pick) knows how many years of yours.

It's practically self-justifying on both sides too, just a few slippery slope arguments left on the western side to manage expectations and it will be as natural as the sun coming up and the bombs raining down. Normally the political justifications do eventually die, but this is a far worse mix of racism and religious intolerance ensuring that no one wins for a very long time. Once they stop asking why, it'll be why not.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

ewe2 posted:

Yeah its MAD part two, the religious sequel to the Cold War. Unfortunately it's just too good for global "leadership" to resist, it's like control freak endorphins. 40 years of my life (and 10 years before that) went to that bullshit and now god (take your pick) knows how many years of yours.

It's practically self-justifying on both sides too, just a few slippery slope arguments left on the western side to manage expectations and it will be as natural as the sun coming up and the bombs raining down. Normally the political justifications do eventually die, but this is a far worse mix of racism and religious intolerance ensuring that no one wins for a very long time. Once they stop asking why, it'll be why not.

at least duck and cover is more effective against gunmen than it is against nuclear weapons.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I've mentioned it before but it goes entirely to the point that our governments (Australian, US, UK et al.) aren't actually taking this seriously.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-us-needs-better-humint-to-beat-isis-2014-9

quote:

Even in today’s era of irregular warfare, the fine art of collecting human source intelligence has in large part become lost thanks to the relative comfort afforded by partner relationships and advances in intelligence technology. This reliance has been coupled with the tendency to lean on practices and procedures that reduce the risk of seeking out and engaging potential human sources.

It was absolutely crystal clear to anyone who spent ten minutes considering the post cold war landscape that the next adversary for the military industrial cartel was the Middle East and then necessarily Islam. None the less at the time of the 9/11 attacks there were three Arabic speakers in the CIA. Since then little has changed with a absolutely disproportionate reliance on 'cheap' electronic intelligence and surveillance. This is exactly what these groups have designed their operations to evade. That article above is over a year old yet we persist with our transport security theatre and increasingly intrusive 'data retention' and surveillance powers for police.

Not only are these a threat to what they are supposedly defending they are clearly ineffective and everyone in the intelligence community who isn't an authoritarian poo poo pile knows it. These attacks are virtually required by our right wing authoritarian poo poo heads so taking effective action to prevent them isn't in their best interests and they can always argue that human intelligence sources are both hard to achieve and enormously expensive. :jerkbag:

I also find it very rich, despite my sympathy for the victims, that the French are claiming that this is some kind of a Rubicon for them as if they had nothing to do with colonial oppression and fermenting the disaster in Syria and many other muslin areas. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Mandate_for_Syria_and_the_Lebanon

As ever, watch for who uses this as a platform for populist anti Islamic xenophobia as well as an excuse to further disenfranchise and restrict your freedom.

airtida' alkhudhat alkhassat bik

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm not saying things were perfect, by any means and I know how easily this sort of thing can sound like 'get off my lawn' :corsair: There were still things like the Gulf War and Woomera - Keating brought in mandatory detention in 1992. And marriage equality wasn't even a thing. But what was lacking was the, well I can only call it, the open cruelty which defines so much of the current political discourse.

There was a decade of optimism in mainstream culture in the west between the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1991 and 9/11 in 2001 that basically got to the point where a lot of popular culture started using aliens and the paranormal as threats in plotlines instead of foreign policy badguys. For people like me in their 20s and early 30s the contrast between now and the climate we grew up in is really jarring.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Cartoon posted:

I've mentioned it before but it goes entirely to the point that our governments (Australian, US, UK et al.) aren't actually taking this seriously.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-us-needs-better-humint-to-beat-isis-2014-9

Like the war on drugs which is just a proxy for a good time for control freaks, the humint "failure" is an outgrowth of needing to sell something concrete that also sounds good, without needing it to work or not. Because the aim of the game is bigger budgets, jobs in important electorates, and competing with other defence contractors. That generates the need for conflicts, and to sell technological solutions to human problems because selling human solutions is hard, doesn't have visible results and can't be spun if it goes wrong. Combine that with an electoral cycle that guarantees that politicians will go for the equipment option over humans, and the appropriate justifications for spending more on defence than anything else, and you've got MAD pt 2 Electric Boogaloo.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

So they have found the smoking gun of a passport on the attacker which passed through Greece as a refugee in October.

Can someone explain to me why attackers would be carrying their passports unless they explicitly wanted the attack to be blamed on refugees?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Cartoon posted:

I also find it very rich, despite my sympathy for the victims, that the French are claiming that this is some kind of a Rubicon for them as if they had nothing to do with colonial oppression and fermenting the disaster in Syria and many other muslin areas. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Mandate_for_Syria_and_the_Lebanon

Isn't France basically just the most racist goddamn country in the EU? I mean yeah, tragedy that it happened at all, but kind of unsurprising that it specifically happened there.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Solemn Sloth posted:

So they have found the smoking gun of a passport on the attacker which passed through Greece as a refugee in October.

Can someone explain to me why attackers would be carrying their passports unless they explicitly wanted the attack to be blamed on refugees?

That passport was fake.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Solemn Sloth posted:

they explicitly wanted the attack to be blamed on refugees?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Vladimir Poutine posted:

There was a decade of optimism in mainstream culture in the west between the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1991 and 9/11 in 2001 that basically got to the point where a lot of popular culture started using aliens and the paranormal as threats in plotlines instead of foreign policy badguys. For people like me in their 20s and early 30s the contrast between now and the climate we grew up in is really jarring.
And you chose to use it for grunge and gangsta rap.

Cleretic posted:

Isn't France basically just the most racist goddamn country in the EU? I mean yeah, tragedy that it happened at all, but kind of unsurprising that it specifically happened there.
That's pretty unfair. Due to all of the French colonial adventurism and the nature of the French republic they are sometimes considered an example of racial integration. There has been a strident recent (since 1990)upsurge in right wing racist groups and this attack will only worsen that. The anti burque stuff is notionally to protect the French secular tradition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_France

Also I'm not sure, even if I endorsed the concept, that France would 'win' 'most racist in the EU'.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

From Saturday Paper yesterday:

quote:

Shortly after advance tickets went on sale for the new Star Wars film, entertainment industry bible Variety ran with one of the more amusing headlines: “ ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Tickets Mostly Bought By Older Men.”

In this context, “older men” – who comprised 70 per cent of the Force Awakens ticket buyers – constituted an average age of 34. The data, tabulated by Movio, found that this demographic typically attended the cinema at least once a month, in groups, and were usually drawn to “tentpoles”: the big summer, Thanksgiving and Christmas blockbusters. They engage in cinemagoing, in other words, like the roaming packs of teenagers you might see at your local megaplex of a weekend, clutching head-sized promotional buckets of popcorn and fizzy drinks.

And it was teenagers who had also sprung to mind, a month earlier, when the “Force Friday” release of The Force Awakens merchandise – children’s toys, for the most part, not “adult collectables” – had left many older Star Wars fans disappointed. In a doleful screed for pop culture site iO9, Germain Lussier complained that his local Toys “R” Us store had sold out of themed Lego and Funko Pops items shortly after the midnight release. It was difficult not to hear the voice of a petulant child in the essay, giving added piquancy to Star Wars creator George Lucas’s 1999 comments that “the movies are for children, but [the adult fans] don’t want to admit that”.

Is Star Wars’s overwhelming return to the general consciousness, along with the relentless roster of superhero movies and young adult franchises that also dominate the cultural conversation, contributing to a rise of eternal adolescence?

Has critical thinking been usurped by a gee-whiz generation that thinks, as The Lego Movie theme song put it, “Everything is awesome”?

In his essay “The Death of Adulthood in American Culture”, the New York Times film critic A. O. Scott reflected on pop culture’s “erosion of traditional adulthood”, and remarked that Hollywood’s embracing of comic book and YA franchise pictures “advance an essentially juvenile vision of the world”. “Comic-book movies, family-friendly animated adventures, tales of adolescent heroism and comedies of arrested development do not only make up the commercial centre of 21st-century Hollywood,” Scott wrote. “They are its artistic heart.”

And while “essentially juvenile” films have existed since Hollywood’s inception, it has only been in the past decade or so that such films are expressly marketed to adults as well as children or families. The “adult collector” market is now as big a cash cow as the kid-focused merchandising divisions that sell Avengers-branded party hats.

The children who experienced the birth of modern blockbuster marketing in the 1977 lead-up to Star Wars are now the adult men and women lining up to buy Lego playsets celebrating the film series’ seventh instalment. As otherwise gainfully employed adults turn their basements into replicas of the Death Star or Starship Enterprise, it is difficult not to feel that we are hurtling, somehow, towards a cultural crisis in which grown-ups will become adult babies. There are echoes of this, at perhaps a different end of the spectrum, in the debate about content advisories and trigger warnings.

Are we losing the ability to engage with the world on a meaningful, adult level? Has critical thinking been usurped by a gee-whiz generation that thinks, as the Oscar-nominated The Lego Movie theme song put it, “Everything is awesome”? You might find answers at the annual San Diego Comic-Con International, where about 200,000 people gather inside the cavernous Convention Centre halls and the issue of whether or not fans deem certain films’ “sizzle reels” to be awesome can make or break a summer blockbuster.

Star Wars’s marketing operates at a similar volume to the campaigns waged by superhero film production house Marvel Studios, whose announced output, combined with that of Fox, Sony and Warner Bros, will extend to at least five further superhero movies released each year until 2020. The overwhelming presence of such franchise movie-making – and its perceived hand in drowning out the possibility of films that don’t involve existing intellectual property – prompted Alan Moore, author of highly regarded graphic novels and comics such as Watchmen, to remark last year that superhero movies constitute a cultural catastrophe.

“This embracing of what were unambiguously children’s characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence,” he told culture blog Slovobooks. “It is, potentially, culturally catastrophic to have the ephemera of a previous century squatting possessively on the cultural stage and refusing to allow this surely unprecedented era to develop a culture of its own, relevant and sufficient to its times.”

Not only does this cultural ephemera overwhelm the collective consciousness, it is telling the same simple story over and over, and we don’t seem to mind. Almost every blockbuster film unfolds in the same fashion: modern Hollywood screenwriting draws its “story beats” from screenwriter Blake Snyder’s story structure bible, Save the Cat! The book took mythologist Joseph Campbell’s classical monomyth or “Hero’s Journey”, and expanded it into a story-by-numbers guide that has been widely embraced by studio filmmaking.

In 1977, the same year that Hero’s Journey example par excellence Star Wars was released, academics Robert Jewett and John Shelton Lawrence proposed the American monomyth, a variation on its classical predecessor: “A community in a harmonious paradise is threatened by evil; normal institutions fail to contend with this threat; a selfless superhero emerges to renounce temptations and carry out the redemptive task; aided by fate, his decisive victory restores the community to its paradisiacal condition; the superhero then recedes into obscurity.”

Watch any number of modern blockbusters and you will notice a pattern of events that proceed, like clockwork, in the aforementioned order. This may lead to a withering sense of deja vu in some viewers, but it is this very predictability that seems to attract the modern “kidult” en masse.

The people born around the time of the original Star Wars release have grown to inherit an adult world in which the “having it all” embarrassment of riches they were groomed to dream of is itself a fantasy – instead they navigate crippling student debt, lack of job security, a crisis in housing affordability and an increasingly deranged political climate. All this is framed in a globalised economy that makes those in charge seem more distant, unknowable and powerful, and exhibits a house-of-cards fragility where misjudgements made on the other side of the world deliver economic shockwaves beneath their feet. It is perhaps not surprising, then, that so many of today’s adults seem keen to hang on to the optimism of adolescence – not to mention its action figures – delivered in simple narratives in which heroes triumph against readily identifiable enemies and everything turns out fine.

While we might be better served, spiritually and existentially, by watching a film that encourages deeper thinking about the human condition than what Captain America and his cohorts can provide, escapism in its purest, dumbest form reigns supreme. As Hugh Jackman’s opening song and dance routine at the mid-GFC Academy Awards put it, “I know I need to see The Reader/ I even went down to the theatre but there was a line/ of all the people watching Iron Man a second time.”

I’m certainly not immune to the seductive powers of modern blockbuster mythmaking, or marketing. I was midway through investigating a pair of “screen accurate” boots for a Force Awakens costume, to be worn to the midnight premiere, when a friend sent me an email. The attachment was the Force Awakens poster accompanied by a newly inserted title, “CONSUME THE MERCHANDISE” and tagline, “BUY THE TOYS, BUY THE CLOTHES, BUY THE FOOD” repeated, ad nauseam. The cast’s faces had been Photoshopped to resemble the alien creatures from They Live.

That 1988 film, John Carpenter’s searing anti-capitalist satire of modern mass media, revealed, by way of people putting on magic sunglasses, the ruling classes as revolting aliens who subliminally whip the masses into a frenzy of consumption. Discussing They Live in his documentary The Pervert’s Guide to Ideology, cultural critic Slavoj Žižek zeroes in on the dark centre of Carpenter’s film: “We are addressed by social authority not as subjects who should do their duty – sacrifice themselves – but as subjects of pleasures: realise your true potentials, be yourself, lead a satisfying life.”

That may be the key to the ever-greater appeal to adults of the simple Hero’s Journey storyline. The original Star Wars’s narrative arc captivated audiences specifically because of those notions of self-empowerment – watch Luke Skywalker realise his true potential – just as its new sequel will in 2015. The new female hero, Rey, played by hitherto unknown Daisy Ridley, will play into the post-Lean In era of liberal feminism. Break the intergalactic glass ceiling and buy the T-shirt.

But if kidults are pining for some sort of golden adolescence, seeking to perpetuate it through devotion to formulaic hero stories, they may face a rude awakening. We can watch people in a galaxy far, far away realise their true potential – or in Gotham City, or Panem – but in reality few of us will ever enjoy such pleasures. Especially if our lives are spent in darkened rooms watching X-Men or lamenting the unavailability of promotional toys.

We might be tempted to lament the fact future cultural critics may think the 21st century was all about the Marvel Cinematic Universe or Star Wars reboots – a sort of prescient Mrs Waldo from Under Milk Wood wailing, “Oh, what’ll the neighbours say, what’ll the neighbours...” But the true cultural catastrophe could be that the ideology of eternal adolescence and its hero myths set us in pursuit of a lie.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Adults aren't behaving like I want them to behave buhu

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

quote:

The attachment was the Force Awakens poster accompanied by a newly inserted title, “CONSUME THE MERCHANDISE” and tagline, “BUY THE TOYS, BUY THE CLOTHES, BUY THE FOOD” repeated, ad nauseam. The cast’s faces had been Photoshopped to resemble the alien creatures from They Live.
wow......... f*cking deep, man........................ really makes u think..........................................................................

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
I for one changed my photo on fb :france:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

BBJoey posted:

wow......... f*cking deep, man........................ really makes u think..........................................................................

Banksy?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Les Affaires posted:

From Saturday Paper yesterday:

Whoever wrote this is a poor writer. You do not need that many words to say

Star Wars is for children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
I scrolled through a bit of my Facebook feed (I mainly just have an account for messenger) and I was happy to set that all of the Paris related ones were saying gently caress off to racist bullshit.
There were some family of friends that showed up saying racist poo poo, but quite happy with my fb friends at the moment.

• Locked thread