Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Tough is okay but it's sort of like the thing I read when I've already read Baki and want more Baki. Everything it does, Baki does better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i can agree with all of that and its certainly no riki-oh

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

doppo got a heart massage that fixed him.

i hope everyone who reads this also reads tough because its cool imo but i wish someone would finish translating the first part

ehh tough is like baki also by the fact that it's the second part where things get really good and awesome

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Yeah, Tough p1 was okay but the art was really rough and just like Baki it started off as a relatively grounded work until ramping up to the crazy poo poo you see regularly in later installments like "It's okay it's only a point blank shotgun blast, I'll be fine after I have some steaks" (Baki) or "A sniper shot me in the head but my body was so finely trained that it immediately spun my head to move with the kinetic force so the bullet curved around my skull instead of popping it like a ripe melon" (Tough)

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I can't believe Retsu is loving dead.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Retsu ran his course. There's not much more to do with the character. As much as I love him.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Thoren posted:

Retsu ran his course. There's not much more to do with the character. As much as I love him.

No
there will be another super fighter

and Retsu should be there to job.

then miraculously recover through ancient chinese cyborg medicine.
He will be a brain and a spine attached to a Rhino horn powder effigy

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

I can't believe Retsu is loving dead.

Luckily the unparalleled depth of 5000 years of Chinese kempo means there will be a martial art that is designed purely for legless stumps

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Rigged Death Trap posted:

No
there will be another super fighter

and Retsu should be there to job.

then miraculously recover through ancient chinese cyborg medicine.
He will be a brain and a spine attached to a Rhino horn powder effigy

Chinese superpowers are pretty awesome in Baki.

One guy is something like 250 years old.
The other survived his face getting ripped completely off.
Retsu somehow regrew an entire shoulder.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Who is that ninja guy who talks with Baki's dad in chapter 79 and what do they talk about that seems to make Baki's dad so pissed off?

Hahahah holy poo poo Baki's dad kicks Musashi in the balls

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 21, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Who is that ninja guy who talks with Baki's dad in chapter 79 and what do they talk about that seems to make Baki's dad so pissed off?

Hahahah holy poo poo Baki's dad kicks Musashi in the balls

He's Motobe Izou, a master of Jujutsu. He pisses off Yuujirou by saying that Musashi is too strong for him, and that he (Motobe) will protect him from Musashi.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

He's Motobe Izou, a master of Jujutsu. He pisses off Yuujirou by saying that Musashi is too strong for him, and that he (Motobe) will protect him from Musashi.

He seemed to almost piss his pants after the encounter, though (and Yuujirou is owning Musashi so far, though given the way this comic goes Musashi will own Yuujirou next).

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

He seemed to almost piss his pants after the encounter, though (and Yuujirou is owning Musashi so far, though given the way this comic goes Musashi will own Yuujirou next).

I don't think you can "own" the Ogre.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
On the one hand it would be crazy for the musashi arc to be over after only 2 fights, on the other hand I don't believe Itagaki would ever have the ogre lose a fight.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I don't think you can "own" the Ogre.

Nah it's very much possible.
He gets trolled all the fuckin time.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Yujiro got owned by Baki's imagination.

Then again Baki's imagination can fabricate prime Mike Tysons out of thin air.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Nothing is better than seeing Yujiro get messed with. Like with Ali Jr.

"Take care Yujiro-chan"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

True on that count but he owns people equally as much and is still undefeated on the ring.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Remember when Ali Jr. Got his rear end kicked several times in a row and then healed his broken bones and ruptured organs through punching a punching bag really hard, that was badass.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

Remember when Ali Jr. Got his rear end kicked several times in a row and then healed his broken bones and ruptured organs through punching a punching bag really hard, that was badass.

It was cool but it was even more badass when his dad trained through Parkinsons because he wanted to beat the poo poo out of his son so bad

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

K. Flaps posted:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Remember when Usain Bolt quit running and became heavyweight champion of the world.

i love this dumb muscle-fetish series

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Musashi arc is kinda remarkable because he's the only new antagonist on quite a good time that actually relies in his martial skills than sheer physical strength. Well, he broke a frickin quad nunchuck with a single swing but he still uses more martial arts techniques than Yuujiro, Pickle and Oliva.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Pierson posted:

Remember when Usain Bolt quit running and became heavyweight champion of the world.
Haha, that's true, but we never got to see them fight. It was such a tease. Itagaki retired Retsu's boxing career not long after he defeated Smoke.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I wanted to see Musashi go full Samurai Warriors on the coppers....

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Pierson posted:

i love this dumb muscle-fetish series

Remember when Baki broke the 50m, 100m, 500m sprint world records during P.E. Class so he could skip?

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

K. Flaps posted:

Ali Jr. peaked when he owned the poo poo out of Yuujirou, it was all downhill from there.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Since this thread is also basically the tough thread its become fist of the north star even more lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

Since this thread is also basically the tough thread its become fist of the north star even more lol

I'm pretty sure it was since they introduced the third Miyazawa brother.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oton is hella cooler than Kenshiro though. Great dad.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Superpowered psycho karate raper should have been a baki villain.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Well we have superpowered men, karate men, and rapist men in Baki, so......

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Dave from Osaka Prefecture, age 35: "I myself am a raper... I know the challenge of raping. To put it simply... What I saw that day was not possible by the laws of human limits."

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Dave from Osaka Prefecture, age 35: "I myself am a raper... I know the challenge of raping. To put it simply... What I saw that day was not possible by the laws of human limits."

I read this post in a word bubble in a manga panel

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Nice, very nice.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Merry Christmas from Yujiro and friends!

You can check out the rest of this parody manga here:
http://www.dm5.com/manhua-renyahaozai/

There's even 2 volumes of it! Now we just need an English translation.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 17, 2015

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Jedah posted:

Merry Christmas from Yujiro and friends!

You can check out the rest of this parody manga here:
http://www.dm5.com/manhua-renyahaozai/

There's even 2 volumes of it! Now we just need an English translation.

This is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008
After a long hiatus, Baki 72 is up on spiny back manga.