Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Florida should be no higher than 15 after yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

So at least Houston blowing the perfect season on UConn was effectively meaningless. No G5 team will ever make the final four, next week's game against Navy was always going to decides things, and the AAC is so heads and shoulders above its others in the cellar that it's champion is the G5 rep regardless of who actually wins. It'll be depressing to see UH come completely off the poll though.

All this is still about two games better than I expected going into the year.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Cole posted:

That ranking is going to correct itself pretty hard when they lose their next three games, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Sinteres posted:

That ranking is going to correct itself pretty hard when they lose their next three games, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I have very cautious optimism about the FSU game. This team has surpassed my expectations this year regardless of how they have seemingly regressed the last few weeks, so regardless how the next three games turn out I'm pretty satisfied with this year and I'm very excited about the next few seasons.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Spiritus Nox posted:

Are you bullshitting, or are you actually telling me that they let a guy keep playing after his fifth?

The Mauk experience

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cole posted:

should be 7 because a win is a win

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

should be 7 because a win is a win

"These guys just find a way to win "

-Coach Mac :dukedog:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Cole posted:

I have very cautious optimism about the FSU game. This team has surpassed my expectations this year regardless of how they have seemingly regressed the last few weeks, so regardless how the next three games turn out I'm pretty satisfied with this year and I'm very excited about the next few seasons.

I'm thrilled with this season, and any letdown now is purely sour grapes when compared with how awful the team was the last couple years, but losing Grier clearly hasn't done the team any favors. Keeping it close against LSU looked a lot more impressive a few weeks ago than it does now, and while that still leaves the Georgia game as a big win, in general it looks like Florida's success is as much based on the SEC being pretty lovely this year as it is on a rapid turnaround. I'll be proud of the team even if they do lose out from here, but the team we've seen the last three weeks clearly isn't the team we saw in the first half of the season, and the parallels with Muschamp's second season are getting disturbing.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

vyst posted:

"These guys just find a way to win "

-Coach Mac :dukedog:

Dead fish on ice are no fun to hang out with.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
So Tennessee won and Mizzou held held them to 19 despite their farthest drive seemingly starting at their 48. If we had any of Pinkel's other 15 offenses, this team might actually look good. Credit to the Vols though, I thought maybe we turned a corner after the BYU game last week.

As it is we went to the loving store for more booze during the telecast and boy am I glad we did

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I heard that even Barry Odom is going to mostly clean house on assistants so Henson is hopefully gone

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

D.N. Nation posted:

Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty Fire Schotty

He really is terrible. I'd honestly be happy with keeping most people on staff if we got rid of him and the OL coach.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Sinteres posted:

the parallels with Muschamp's second season are getting disturbing.

That team beat FSU. This year's team will not.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Neodoomium posted:

It is weird to have absolutely no idea where we might end up for a bowl. The Rose is out, but Michigan could go pretty much anywhere outside of the top 6.

Michigan could very easily go to the Rose Bowl if MSU loses to PSU or if MSU beats Iowa in the Big 10 title game and the bowl people hilariously go for money over record, which seems highly plausible.

Obviously this all rests on actually beating OSU though

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Last night, UGA's defense held GASouthern to 277 total yards, and their season average was something like 350+. So from a defensive standpoint we did OK. Southern is pretty good at what they do and it was 100% a trap game in every sense of the word and our defense mostly stood up when they needed to. Your views on the offense are 100% spot on. Michel isn't built like a battering ram. He isn't a total finesse runner and can get some tough yards, but we don't need to run him up the gut 90% of the time. He isn't Chubb and he isn't Gurley, and in his own space he could be just as effective, but that space isn't through the middle between the tackles.

Grayson Lambert is terrible. Totally, utterly awful and I refuse to believe that Bauta isn't at least as ok as Lambert. I'm thinking that Eason is going to come in and very quickly win the job after a game or two. I'm not saying that he is going to be UGA's savior or anything, but we really have nothing to lose by getting Eason just in the game and starting because it would appear that his floor is right about where Lambert and co's ceiling is. Though if Schottenheimer is still with UGA next year, who the hell knows.

Now we are well on our way to a 9-4 or 10-3 season, which makes me not want to complain, but if we just had any kind of pulse on offense, we had the defensive pieces to win every game this year and that is what is most frustrating.

vikingstrike posted:

He really is terrible. I'd honestly be happy with keeping most people on staff if we got rid of him and the OL coach.

How we went from one of the best O-lines in the country to one who can't open a single hole on anyone, I have no idea but it is pretty terrible. We are returning all juniors and seniors with maybe one sophomore lineman, it makes no sense

Double edit: GA Southern averages 380 total yards per game and 38 points per game, defense (yet again!) was not our problem today.

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 22, 2015

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
If LSU was losing hard fought games, I'd be first in line to piss on the "fire Les" bandwagon.

But they're getting shithoused, not just by Alabama, but by teams that really shouldn't be capable of doing that. LSU is looking like they simply don't belong in those games. It's something that started in 2012 Championship game, and has been becoming a more and more frequent occurrence in the subsequent years. At what point does it become unacceptable that the team you coach is unprepared to play in big games?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

LLCoolJD posted:

That team beat FSU. This year's team will not.

GT's only P5 win is over FSU, I wouldn't lose hope just yet.

A.o.D. posted:

At what point does it become unacceptable that the team you coach is unprepared to play in big games?

Like year 20.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 22, 2015

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

A.o.D. posted:

If LSU was losing hard fought games, I'd be first in line to piss on the "fire Les" bandwagon.

But they're getting shithoused, not just by Alabama, but by teams that really shouldn't be capable of doing that. LSU is looking like they simply don't belong in those games. It's something that started in 2012 Championship game, and has been becoming a more and more frequent occurrence in the subsequent years. At what point does it become unacceptable that the team you coach is unprepared to play in big games?

Arky is p good right now and there's no shame in losing to a team that beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. But whatever. LSU is as one dimensional as any team in the country. Shut down Fournette and they're garbage.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I hope LSU fire Les Miles and hire some dogshit coach and have 10 years of misery

I can't even go any further with this comparison because Miles has been way more successful than Lloyd Carr in a more difficult conference for most of his run what the hell I know he's a moron who can't tell time and eats grass but look at your program history and tell me who they should bring in to do better

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Seaniqua posted:

So Nebraska finally had a bye this weekend and I can confirm that watching football is 100x more fun when your team is not involved.

I dunno, I was a bit bored without a Tech game.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I hope LSU fire Les Miles and hire some dogshit coach and have 10 years of misery

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA fans loved to dump Will Friend in with Bobo when they were on their Fire Bobo rants, but it turned out that Friend was a pretty good OL coach. Not a great recruiter, but our OL was definitely solid last season. Hmm. Will Friend = actually good OL coach. Mike Bobo = actually a good OC. It's like somebody told Dawg fans this over and over but got labeled a troll, and here we are.

Now we have the opposite. Rob Sale's doing good work on the recruiting trail but I don't know what the gently caress has happened to his dudes in the actual games. Until OT, we got dominated on the line by a SoCon team. And there are supposed NFL prospects in this group.

Schittyhire is like that kid who blows his piano recital because he doesn't want his parents to make him play anymore. I see no passion, smarts, guts, ingenuity, anything about the way that guy carries himself and does his job. We don't do what works. We do a ton of what doesn't work. He clearly couldn't be bothered to care about matchups, personnel, down, distance, and time. If he came out tomorrow, held a presser, and said that he actually hates football and doesn't want to coach it anymore, I'd believe him completely.

And it all falls back to Richt. Bobo was underrated as hell, but last offseason offered a great opportunity to get a fun, outsider name to coach the offense and maybe shake things up. And instead we get a legacy incompetent hire who runs the offense like an 8-8 NFL team. A loss to Georgia Southern would've gotten Richt fired, and a loss to Southern came inches from happening because the offense was a disaster. How can Richt keep this guy around after this? This program sits on a ton of money. A buyout isn't an issue. Every second Schotty spends with this offense, it gets worse.

e: Not quite done yet. I was at the game, and the spitting fan anger from earlier this season has turned to cynical, bored resignation. There were some boos for dumbass playcalls here and there, but mostly the fans are rolling their eyes with their arms folded. Angry fans, a program can deal with. Raging fans, a program can deal with. Fans who don't get a gently caress, who just don't bother showing up anymore...there's your death knell. There were a ton of Southern fans at the game last night, and actual attendance for the UK game might've been 75,000 tops. The fans have already won the argument against keeping Schotty whether or not Richt realizes it.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 22, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Happy Hippo posted:

Arky is p good right now and there's no shame in losing to a team that beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. But whatever. LSU is as one dimensional as any team in the country. Shut down Fournette and they're garbage.

Hopefully this is true next week and then A&M's only bad loss (as in, loss to a bad team) will be Auburn.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

2013 UGA/LSU was a great game and afterward both teams should've traded coaches.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

georgia southern is a sun belt team now thank you

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Sun Belt now.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
It is Sunday morning, November 22nd, 2015, and Josh Henson still has a job. This is unacceptable.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
It's funny to think how, between last year and this year, Georgia Southern is two plays away from being the best college football team in Georgia.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

A.o.D. posted:

LSU fans have become Texas fans from a few years ago.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ah, of course. Meant no slight to Southern.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Spacebump posted:

LSU fans have become Texas fans from a few years ago.

To be fair when you are used to success you place the bar higher.

If Bill Gates lost a few billion of his net worth he will still be worth billions, but he would still have every right to be pissed and go on a firing spree.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I am dying laughing over the symmetry of Urbans rise/fall at OSU.

Who will be the John Brantley of 16?

UF is awful but ill take 10-1 over 4-8.

Winning ugly is still winning--even if FSU and Bama are going to grind us into fairy dust.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
I went to a Maryland game at Byrd Stadium yesterday. It's a small stadium without that much in terms of upper deck seating, so almost any seat is a pretty good view, particularly since they didn't seen to be checking anyone's ticket for any reason. Only a handful of people made noise or stood consistently, the rest were fair-weather types. Game was over by 4th quarter so nearly everyone left early, but no traffic on the way out. Overall, would recommend for anyone in the DMV area who wants to see their favorite team blow out Maryland.

Very excited about UConn's win. I honestly had this game pegged as a loss from August until the final two minutes. UConn's unexpectedly in bowl contention and Bob Diaco has bought himself some time to get comfortable with the job, bringing some much needed stability. This is UConn's biggest season in 5 years, and if Temple rolls over, the Huskies could be back in the saddle again.

I honestly had my doubts on whether UConn was going to go to a bowl game within the foreseeable future at all. Very unexpected.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

I am dying laughing over the symmetry of Urbans rise/fall at OSU.

Who will be the John Brantley of 16?

Heisman contender John Brantley, get it right.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
How bout them buckeyes, huh?

I have a couple friends who are going apoplectic over that game and it's delightful. Everything about it is wonderful. The goofy kicker's scrunched up ugly Matt Damon face. The windmilling arms. The shocked fans. The haunted, lost eyes of Corch Irvin Meyers. The lockeroom meltdowns.

What a time to be alive.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Its pretty funny to watch how quickly LSU fans are realizing how mediocre their coaching situation is now that LES MILES 4TH QUARTER BULLSHIT stopped working

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Michigan could very easily go to the Rose Bowl if MSU loses to PSU or if MSU beats Iowa in the Big 10 title game and the bowl people hilariously go for money over record, which seems highly plausible.

Obviously this all rests on actually beating OSU though

The Rose bowl has said they'll go with whoever the second highest big ten team in the CFB rankings is. And in terms of ticket sales they wouldn't lose money with Iowa over Michigan anyway, although it'd be a ratings hit. Iowa fans would completely flood Pasadena if we made it. We travel as well as anyone for bowls and haven't been to the Rose since 1991

We still have to beat Nebraska though and eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Millen Buckaroo
Oct 6, 2007

Happy Hippo posted:

And who's fault is it that they are one dimensional? No matter who the OC has been the last couple of years it's been the same poo poo. On D they lose Chavis, and while I still think it was time for both sides to move on, they hire a much shitter option.

At this point, LSU is probably trending down with Miles as the coach anyway.

• Locked thread