Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will leave Survivor's Series as WWE Champion?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 46 20.54%
Dean Ambrose 15 6.70%
Kevin Owens 19 8.48%
Sheamus 50 22.32%
The Gobbledygooker :tastykake: 94 41.96%
Total: 224 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
It was really fun to read the GDT and see a hundred posts begging Sheamus to cash in, then a hundred more complaining when he won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

TheHoosier posted:

ISIS realized WWE can kill their own crowd

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
10,000 years of pale darkness shall now ensue.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

oldpainless posted:

I didn't watch. Good show?

Reigns/Del Rio was acceptable. Ambrose/Owens and New Day featuring other guys were great. The rest of the PPV was rear end and the ending was godawful and very clearly made no one happy.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

TheHoosier posted:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

The best thing tonight was Breeze's preshow interview

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Reigns/Del Rio was acceptable. Ambrose/Owens and New Day featuring other guys were great. The rest of the PPV was rear end and the ending was godawful and very clearly made no one happy.

So par for the course. Excellent.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

DynamiteKidd posted:

It was really fun to read the GDT and see a hundred posts begging Sheamus to cash in, then a hundred more complaining when he won

Well Sheamus is better than Reigns. But both are terrible. So people chose the least terrible option. I think more of the complaining was that it was so obvious what WWE was going to do, cash in's are supposed to be this great surprise and I don't think a single person was fooled into thinking Sheamus wasn't cashing in tonight.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Roman is winning the Rumble or falling to the midcard and I am so excited for either one.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Roman is falling to the midcard

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm glad WWE has given up on their golden boy, Roman Reigns, and put the title on the guy who definitely isn't only pushed for being Triple H's workout buddy, Sheamus.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I did think Sheamus's bit in the 5v5 entrance where he tried to be a cool guy and Barrett was giving frantic pull-up signals was kinda funny.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

I did think Sheamus's bit in the 5v5 entrance where he tried to be a cool guy and Barrett was giving frantic pull-up signals was kinda funny.

Sheamus trying to be jiggy wit it was the most entertaining he's been in years.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

"Remember."

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Roman is winning the Rumble or falling to the midcard and I am so excited for either one.

This past year has proven that he can do both.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

TheHoosier posted:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I skipped the PPV, did they try Bryan SS'13 but with Reigns and Sheamus? Cause :lol:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Sheamus trying to be jiggy wit it was the most entertaining he's been in years.

wwe is better at writing heels than faces; I have some hope that they might be able to give Sheamus some decent material to work with, even if I probably still won't like his matches at all

like, my whole problem with Sheamus is that I think he's one of the most utterly boring workers in the company, up there with Kane and Big Show for just being a goddamn snooze-fest in the ring

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Has anyone ever been smart enough in storyline to kick an opponent/the ref in the dick and get DQ'd during a cash in and ruin it for the guy cashing in the case?

The closest thing I can think of is Big Show getting Cena DQ'd during his cash in and CM Punk being smart enough to run into the audience (the first time Del Rio tried to cash in) instead of standing in the ring just waiting for it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I skipped the PPV, did they try Bryan SS'13 but with Reigns and Sheamus? Cause :lol:

Roman clowned Ambrose in like 7 minutes, then shitloads of pyro and confetti, then HHH came out to congratulation Roman, then Roman spear him, then Sheamus came out and clowned Roman, then Roman laid down on the mat crying for like 5 minutes and they had to play his music to motivate him to leave the ring.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Roman to be repackaged with Doctor Strange gimmick.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I wonder what they'll do for next year's Traditional Five On Five Survivor Series PPV

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Or he feuds with Sheamus.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I wonder what they'll do for next year's Traditional Five On Five Survivor Series PPV

The same thing we do every year, Pinky. Two teams randomly thrown together at the last minute.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

hello darkness my old friend

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Hey guy who made the Fall Out 4 Bryan character: that inspired me to buy Fall Out 4 and make a Punk character.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

the biggest pop he got all night was for spearing hhh maybe they should run with that instead

Reigns having a HHH match at Mania would at least eliminate the scenario of him getting booed out of the building after winning the Rumble for the second consecutive year

But at the same time, who wants a Brock/Sheamus main event

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Grozz Nuy posted:

But at the same time, who wants a Brock/Sheamus main event

....Face Brock hossing it the gently caress out with heel Sheamus would actually be pretty good.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

Roman clowned Ambrose in like 7 minutes, then shitloads of pyro and confetti, then HHH came out to congratulation Roman, then Roman spear him, then Sheamus came out and clowned Roman, then Roman laid down on the mat crying for like 5 minutes and they had to play his music to motivate him to leave the ring.

I love the WWE.

Did they chant Roman's Sleeping while he was laying down?

Ragnarok the Red posted:

....Face Brock hossing it the gently caress out with heel Sheamus would actually be pretty good.

If they made it a brutal as gently caress hoss off hell yeah.

But que Chickenshit Heel Sheamus starting tomorrow.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
2 guys beat down 4 in about 10 minutes.

Yea ok nostalgia but cmon, the wyatts will be around way longer than Kane and Taker, that lost wouldn't hurt them, elevate talent you have for fucksakes.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I love the WWE.

Did they chant Roman's Sleeping while he was laying down?

Mics were dead muted so maybe.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

TheHoosier posted:

brutal

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Apparently they don't want him to get the title anywhere but Mania.
Nobody is helped by doing the cash-in tonight.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
Roman's not going to win the Rumble. He's going to start at 1, toss out 28 people, and then get eliminated by the Big Show. then he's going to stand in the ring until H gives him a title match anyway, but to get his match he has to beat H.

while all this happens everyone is going to boo mercilessly and someone might mention beanstalks

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

maybe, just maybe... they'll push ambrose at RR

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I bet Monday Night starts with HHH and Sheamus crowing about their victory, and then ROMAN REIGNS interrupts and invokes his rematch clause, but HHH says he'll have to wait until the next WWE Network exclusive, but in the mean time, he has a match, which happens to start RIGHT NOW! His opponent? The Big Show

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Needs More Ditka posted:

Roman's not going to win the Rumble. He's going to start at 1, toss out 28 people, and then get eliminated by the Big Show. then he's going to stand in the ring until H gives him a title match anyway, but to get his match he has to beat H.

while all this happens everyone is going to boo mercilessly and someone might mention beanstalks

Roman will be in the title match because this year they'll hype up that the Rumble winner gets to be in "the main event at Wrestlemania" but they never said the title match was the main event, and then they'll have Cena/Bronk or something.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Tweak posted:

maybe, just maybe... they'll push ambrose at RR

lol good joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The entire tournament made almost everyone look bad. Two champs pinned, then a 7 minute match to cap it all off, then a cash in.

Roman is never going to get a do over on his first championship reign.

• Locked thread