Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

Why don't you just eat all the apples, sure you'd have the shits for a few days but you'd be super smart and really healthy

god only commands adam not to eat the apples, hiding them or burning them is perfectly fine within the letter of the rules. if he ate them he would still drat humanity with eternal sin, but just hiding them catches god in a theological loophole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

They may not have figured out germ theory or gene theory or atomic theory but they could sure as hell spot a beta male a mile away so no one ITT would change anything because no one would listen to your goony rear end just like they don't in 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Rutibex posted:

god only commands adam not to eat the apples, hiding them or burning them is perfectly fine within the letter of the rules. if he ate them he would still drat humanity with eternal sin, but just hiding them catches god in a theological loophole

Well yeah he commands Adam not to eat the apples but God didn't say anything about forums user ghlbtsk did he!

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Any goon would just get his rear end beat within 24 hours but it's funny to read how y'all think you could change the course of history or stop Christianity from spreading (lol like that would be a good thing) or even further, trick God himself with your extensive knowledge of wikihow

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Commie NedFlanders posted:

They may not have figured out germ theory or gene theory or atomic theory but they could sure as hell spot a beta male a mile away so no one ITT would change anything because no one would listen to your goony rear end just like they don't in 2015

actually funny enough they figured out atomic theory:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democritus#Atomic_hypothesis

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Like people think because they got a B- in calculus that they could introduce advanced mathematics to 1AD Rome.

You would just be laughed out of the building with your stupid made up math with numbers and ideas that don't exist or make any sense whatsoever.

Unless you can single handedly derive the entirety of proofs and theorems up to and including Pricipia Mathematica, no one would or should listen to a word you are blubbering about and they would rightfully throw you in a lions den for corrupting the youth with subversive BS ideas that make no drat sense or better yet just whoop your rear end and toss you in a chicken coop where you belong

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Rutibex posted:

Yeah and theoretical phycisists still haven't caught up to Parmenides, but regardless, a goon is still a goon

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

it's funny to read how y'all think you could change the course of history or stop Christianity from spreading (lol like that would be a good thing)
it was a religion fit for women and slaves and sometimes things dont change

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I would introduce the pot still and get loving wasted off my rear end until I died

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Lmbo

goon_history_smdh.jpg

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
shut the gently caress up you dipshit

Vince McMahon
Dec 18, 2003
yes i would communicate my knowledge of the world in modern english which everyone will be familiar with

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

monotheists are the spiritual autists of history who work diligently to get all items except chicken tendys removed from the world cafeteria

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The most retarded anti-religion thing is people who complain about monotheism

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007
Write the smash hit song tonight we're gonna part like its 99

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

i would attend the sackings of great cities and carry off the statues of their gods bc u put them in ur house and treat them nice and get their power *holds up cupcake to odin's mouth, makes omnom sounds*

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Like people think because they got a B- in calculus that they could introduce advanced mathematics to 1AD Rome.

You would just be laughed out of the building with your stupid made up math with numbers and ideas that don't exist or make any sense whatsoever.

Unless you can single handedly derive the entirety of proofs and theorems up to and including Pricipia Mathematica, no one would or should listen to a word you are blubbering about and they would rightfully throw you in a lions den for corrupting the youth with subversive BS ideas that make no drat sense or better yet just whoop your rear end and toss you in a chicken coop where you belong

Lol that you think you're cool by taking everyone down a notch in a thread about time travel. Lol at being so into the same fantasy everyone's riffing on you have to chastise them for their ideas about time traveling. Just lol.

Stay safe, poverty ghost.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Id teach people to make cars that move at walking speed, but id also teach them to walk at car speed.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Architecture would have to be changed dramatically because people couldnt navigate their houses at 60mph, they also couldn't get very far on the highway at a walking pace in their cars.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

yeah i loved those guys, this seems like a perfect show

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Stay safe poverty ghost!

I'd introduce the printing press and maybe pasteurization and that's about it. Maybe some odd mathematical proofs that I remember.

If I can bring stuff back with me I'd bring back some fruits and vegetables they didn't have back then and be like some crazy rear end god of the loving harvest.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
Honest to God this is an interesting idea for a Sci-Fi novel.

That jackass who wrote "The Martian" should have explored the premise of this thread rather than that super goony boring autistic poo poo he came up with for that lame book

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

RaySmuckles posted:

Lol that you think you're cool by taking everyone down a notch in a thread about time travel. Lol at being so into the same fantasy everyone's riffing on you have to chastise them for their ideas about time traveling. Just lol.

Stay safe, poverty ghost.

Lol

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Santization techniques and yearly school are fine educational programs. Onward, very educated regions tending yearly gatherings helping other struggling territories.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
As someone else said everyone in the past-times were small so I'd basically be Hodor and carry around cripples.

But if booze was only like, 1% what's the point? Lemme go to the future where it's all 10% instead.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I'd impress them with my amazing magic like for example pulling my thumb apart

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Don't worry it's just a trick I just folded my thumb

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Maybe rape a young Jesus. It would gently caress him up a little and screw up his teachings so Christianity might take a slightly different course.

Of course maybe a young Jesus was raped.....

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

That's not quite atomic theory.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Jack off into the primordial soup

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I'd smother baby Jesus. Problem solved.

Isaac posted:

I travel to 1AD japan and become apprentice to a master calligrapher who is trying to invent sexy drawings to jack off to. Together, Animesu Mangaru and I change the course of history.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Japanese as a written language didn't exist then.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 27, 2015

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Go around asking people what year it is and when they tell you, correct them by saying "no, it is in fact the year 1".
IMPORTANT: be all smug about it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
They wouldn't understand the languages I speak so probably not too far, but I would do my best to impart the knowledge of Poverty Ghost and the desire to keep him safe.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Flesh Forge posted:

Well yeah he commands Adam not to eat the apples but God didn't say anything about forums user ghlbtsk did he!

plus i'd be commemorated in the first chapter of the bible as some sort of narrative-disrupting trickster imp with a confusing and unpronounceable name

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I think i could make a lovely steam engine. Not sure how i'd get them to let me though, does being fit and healthy and not having a face covered in scars from disease give you any cred?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

CJ posted:

I think i could make a lovely steam engine. Not sure how i'd get them to let me though, does being fit and healthy and not having a face covered in scars from disease give you any cred?

Definitely does! You'll be the Bishop's head concubine!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i would just be pissed i had no nternet

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

starry skies above posted:

Honest to God this is an interesting idea for a Sci-Fi novel.

That jackass who wrote "The Martian" should have explored the premise of this thread rather than that super goony boring autistic poo poo he came up with for that lame book

there is a good Sci-Fi novel series about this exact thing, except instead of one person it is the entire island of nantucket, and instead of 1AD its 1300 BC. kind of like "under the dome" meets this thread.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_in_the_Sea_of_Time

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SHISHKABOB posted:

That's not quite atomic theory.

its a hell of a lot closer than earth/fire/air/water :shrug: it's not like we understand how atoms work exactly either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I would claim to be the prophet Mohammad and make Islam way less awful. Maybe teach them about lap dances and how to make Bourbon so their lovely little corner of the world wouldn't be so goddamed awful in 2000 years

• Locked thread