Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Indivisible is at 1.4mil with 3 days to go, so odds are it will probably make it.

That's nice, but sheesh, talk about cutting it close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Ratzap posted:

I just came across this game on Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eotu/empires-of-the-undergrowth

Ant battles sounds cool and anything that promotes insects is good by me. They aren't asking much either.

This was always one of those concepts I thought would make a kickass game when I was reading about creepy crawlies as a kid, I hope this gets funded :)

Motto posted:

That's nice, but sheesh, talk about cutting it close.

I'd say the people at lab zero will have some very well-chewed fingernails after everything they've had to go through to bring Indivisible to life.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 2, 2015

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Ratzap posted:

Ant battles sounds cool and anything that promotes insects is good by me. They aren't asking much either.

Sweet, its an updated snes SimAnt game.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ratzap posted:

Given the current state of strategy gaming, I can't help but imagine these guys approaching a bunch of publishers and have every single one attempting to convince them to turn this into a MOBA.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Indivisible has passed $1.5 million. :toot:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Indivisible is at 1.4mil with 3 days to go, so odds are it will probably make it.

And it's funded now. But it really just shows their marketing was weak for most the time. The past week was like a blitz of artists and youtubers going fund this it is cool and looks like they could've saved a lot of stress if they'd just went all out two weeks ago.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Indivisible hit $1.5m, I'm sure many of you will be thrilled about the campaign finally being over... but it's not, there's still 3 days and a couple stretch goals (more music, animated intro by Titmouse & Unnamed Mystery Anime Studio).

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

C.M. Kruger posted:

Indivisible has passed $1.5 million. :toot:
Hooray. :toot: Lab Zero's good folks and I'm happy to see they're still employed.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well, I was only gonna back it if it was successfully funded so I guess I'll drop some money later.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

SirKibbles posted:

And it's funded now. But it really just shows their marketing was weak for most the time. The past week was like a blitz of artists and youtubers going fund this it is cool and looks like they could've saved a lot of stress if they'd just went all out two weeks ago.

Well, there's the argument that majority of funds come in at the beginning and end and they were barely above 50% before the extension so even if they had this recent marketing blitz a month ago they still would've failed.

I'm just glad I don't have to see this poo poo anymore. Not saying anything about the game or the company involved, I'm glad those dudes can keep making games and their jobs, but I never want to hear or see Indivisible until it's out.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Well good thing you're king of the Kickstarter thread then!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mr Underhill is the king of the Kickstarter thread you traitorous filth columnist

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I wonder if lab zero will ever use indiegogo again.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

khwarezm posted:

Why not? They succeeded twice! :downs:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Asimo posted:

Why not? They succeeded twice! :downs:

I mean, they did? I'm signed up to most of major videogame site RSS feeds and I sincerely doubt they'd get any more coverage than they got if they went with Kickstarter. On the other hand, they got an extension out of IGG. It's not going to be an easy decision for them next time either.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Personally I hope they finally get picked up by a good publisher for their next game. One that doesn't ask them to raise half their budget in crowdfunding and doesn't, uh, implode.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

let's see if they actually finish this game first

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
I really, truly didn't think Indivisible would make it. I'm not an IGG user so it's almost the same to me, but I love the look of it, good on them.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Mr Underhill is the king of the Kickstarter thread you traitorous filth columnist

Don't forget Toxx, my official court jester

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Pureauthor posted:

Well, I was only gonna back it if it was successfully funded so I guess I'll drop some money later.

That's how all Kickstarter pledges work?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Subjunctive posted:

Indiegogo takes your money upfront when you pledge, regardless of Fixed of Flexi funding. So I wanted to ensure that I could drop the money, once, and not deal with potential hassles like watching for the refund.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 2, 2015

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh, duh.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

khwarezm posted:

It's a goldmine if they plan on creating a new wonderbra as their next project.

Subjunctive posted:

Kickstarter only charges backers once the project is funded and the campaign is over. IGG, however, immediately takes money once a backer pledges. If you back out or the project is unsuccessful, trying to get a refund on IGG can be a nuisance. It's why Kickstarter campaigns tend to have more momentum since backing is relatively painless.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

al-azad posted:

I'm just glad I don't have to see this poo poo anymore. Not saying anything about the game or the company involved, I'm glad those dudes can keep making games and their jobs, but I never want to hear or see Indivisible until it's out.

I'll PM you weekly updates.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I'm sure only nerds that care about animation company names will care but I hope the last day rush is enough to get the Titmouse opening. (They did Superjail and Motorcity)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
E: quote is not edit

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Mattavist posted:

I'll PM you weekly updates.

Everyone actually do this.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Really happy that Indivisible got funded. They deserved a break. I didn't enjoy the prototype all that much but I'm sure they will work out the kinks during production.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

mycot posted:

I'm sure only nerds that care about animation company names will care but I hope the last day rush is enough to get the Titmouse opening. (They did Superjail and Motorcity)
I think even if they don't meet that goal by the end of the campaign, Indiegogo lets you donate to a successfully funded project even after it ends, so they could still get that opening even if they don't get the 1.95 mil or whatever it is by the end of the week.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Naww, he's the jews.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tran posted:

Naww, he's the jews.

Jesus is King and he was Jewish. It holds up.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Indivisible hit $1.5m, I'm sure many of you will be thrilled about the campaign finally being over... but it's not, there's still 3 days and a couple stretch goals (more music, animated intro by Titmouse & Unnamed Mystery Anime Studio).

quote:

$1,650,000 - More Music by Hiroki Kikuta
Indivisible is currently budgeted to have between 60 and 90 minutes of music from Kikuta-san, and we’d like to expand that by at least another hour!
Yes please. I'm pretty much only backing this because of Kikuta.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I'm doubtful that they'll get Titmouse but it's cool that they're trying to include them. Titmouse is good people.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
No new updates from Unsung Story since Oct. 20 but an employee did Tweet a link to their resume through the Playdek Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/FaelimJG/status/670499938162376704

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/combitstudios/river-city-ransom-underground/posts/1432221

River City Ransom Underground delayed until Q1 2016 unfortunately, hopefully things are still going okay for them

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Delays are generally not a bad thing in game development (to a point). It just means you won't get a rushed product.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Lurdiak posted:

Delays are generally not a bad thing in game development (to a point). It just means you won't get a rushed product.
Not... really? Time is money and scheduling is budgeting. Every month spent polishing something is a month of salaries and overhead without any significant income. Everybody wants to release a good game but more than that, they'd like to eat. All that said, gamers have a tendency to gloss over budgetary concerns and question the developers' commitment / competence / honesty whenever a game is in an unfinished state. Nobody is trying to scam anyone. Sometimes your hand is forced.

A good manager would try to set aside at least enough cash to cover the bare necessities in the case of unexpected delay, but a lot of game developers (not to mention kickstarters) either don't have good managers or don't trade in the kind of money that allows such insurance. A quarter delay could be really unstable for a small team. What if they have to cut back on salary and the programmer leaves because it won't pay his rent anymore? poo poo can happen. But idk about this particular case. Hopefully it is just a "finishing touches" sort of deal.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Dec 3, 2015

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Mirificus posted:

No new updates from Unsung Story since Oct. 20 but an employee did Tweet a link to their resume through the Playdek Twitter account.
At this point the best I can hope for is an amusing crash. I doubt it though. They'll dump some half finished garbage then fold.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Speaking of pay issues, if anyone remembers Knite and the Ghost Lights, apparently they lost their lead dev 6 months ago because he could no longer support his family by working full time on the project. He's now back, having saved up enough money to be able to cover until Knite is released (hopefully).

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

This is an excellent example of a decent, if slightly generic, ad script being murdered by a voice actor who just cannot pull it off. This script needs the most excitable nerd in the world- squeaky, nasal as hell, stumbling over their lines in sheer boundless enthusiasm, muttering about Vernon in the sourest voice they can manage. That would sell the gently caress out of it.

Instead they went with that one dude who announces summer blockbusters and he just does not have the range to give even one of the dozen fucks this script so desperately needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Mirificus posted:

https://twitter.com/FaelimJG/status/670499938162376704

Unsung Story was a joke of a kickstarter that I let sucker me out of my money. I just wanted an FFT spiritual sequel too much. It's made me a lot more wary about backing projects, period.

I don't expect to see any sort or product from them.