Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
rip kelly. your legacy will not be forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrw2EpXtTeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brannock posted:

Other than Bill Belichick, how often does being Coach/GM at once work out?

Holmgren kind of back when he cared enough to try? Maybe not even kind of, he made a super bowl. I'm blanking on others right now but surely there was someone else.

Still not the direction I'd go with unless there was a good solid 5 or 6 years of success with the coach beforehand.

e: Well not the direction I'd even consider before that, rather. I'd always prefer to have a separate GM.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Lurie's official statement:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Our Ultimate Goal

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
When he says ultimate goal it reminds me of the Nazis saying final solution

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This is really dumb for many reasons but the primary reason this is dumb is because they're going to end up hiring Jim Mora Jr

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

shyduck posted:

Top Hats Monthly posted:

ChiP kell]ys W I L D ʀɪᴅᴇ

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This whole thing seems like a poor idea.

Seems like he spent three years losing the team though, so you know, that's a pretty good reason to move on from a coach.

Go learn to be a better person Chip, then maybe you can have your Belichick resurgence in 5 years. Or you can be the guy still running a stagnant scheme in 15 years for Rutgers.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Not even a "thank him for his service."

That's the bitchiest firing notification I've ever seen from an NFL office.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIMujEmFLiM

You don't even have to ask what the link is lol

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jeff Lurie has always looked a bit off to me. Saying he "released" the head coach just confirms that.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Chip if you're bummed I'll buy you a drink at Locust Bar.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Chip made a big push and gambled on himself, Lurie went with it and gave him just enough rope, and after they stumbled Howie helped tie the noose.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Chip Kelly must have done or said something super personal or bitchy because drat that's cold.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Probably Magic posted:

Not even a "thank him for his service."

That's the bitchiest firing notification I've ever seen from an NFL office.

Nor is there anything about Chip's future endeavors.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Has LeSean McCoy commented yet?

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

This is really dumb for many reasons but the primary reason this is dumb is because they're going to end up hiring Jim Mora Jr

Jeff Fisher will need a home soon.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Ribsauce posted:

15K viewers already

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Kalli posted:

This whole thing seems like a poor idea.

Seems like he spent three years losing the team though, so you know, that's a pretty good reason to move on from a coach.

Go learn to be a better person Chip, then maybe you can have your Belichick resurgence in 5 years. Or you can be the guy still running a stagnant scheme in 15 years for Rutgers.
Here's the thing with Belichick: his first NFL job was the Browns. Of course that wasn't going to go well.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I mean if you think the Eagles are going to hire a good head coach after this, i have thousands of bridges to sell you

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

‏@davidmaialetti
Eagles Chip Kelly heads out of the team's tunnel before his last game as head coach. #eagles #nfl

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I hope Kelly doesn't go back to college. Harbaugh was a good coach who already got run out of the NFL. Also the dumb college coach narrative needs to die.

What the NFL needs is more Pat Shurmurs and Romeo Crennels circling the drain.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Riley Cooper holding a lit candle staring forlornly out the window of the training facility

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

I mean if you think the Eagles are going to hire a good head coach after this, i have thousands of bridges to sell you

No one thinks this.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Grittybeard posted:

Has LeSean McCoy commented yet?

A few hours from now when he's done laughing maybe

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Ribsauce posted:

Someone needs to .gif the first five seconds of this.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

literally the two head coaches the eagles were about to hire before chip kelly finalized his deal were BRIAN KELLY AND BRIAN BILLICK

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Chip got fired before EDP died of of a heart attack. I just lost 5 dollars

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
You Don't Mess With the Howie

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Ribsauce posted:

it led me to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0BXVKrT1uk

for some reason this video makes me sad.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

‏@davidmaialetti
Eagles Chip Kelly heads out of the team's tunnel before his last game as head coach. #eagles #nfl
In the words of Charles Barkley, "sometimes that light at the end of the tunnel is a train".

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Crazy Ted posted:

Here's the thing with Belichick: his first NFL job was the Browns. Of course that wasn't going to go well.

Those Browns were basically what the Eagles are now!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Does this mean Taco Tuesdays are coming back

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

literally the two head coaches the eagles were about to hire before chip kelly finalized his deal were BRIAN KELLY AND BRIAN BILLICK

What yes man is Roseman going to hire?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Ooh, yeah, Philadelphia, you'd totally want to coach there, what with the roster in disarray, a quarterback that sucked for years but had a resurgence under a very particular scheme that probably can't be recreated, and the city screaming for your blood the minute you have a mediocre season

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Chris James 2 posted:

‏@davidmaialetti

Chip Kelly runs like a fat ninny.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

shyduck posted:

I was waiting to read "We wish Chip the best of luck in his future endeavors" near the end of the letter but it never came. Something bad must have gone down behind the scenes.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Yodzilla posted:

Chip Kelly runs like a fat ninny.

Like?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Brannock posted:

Ooh, yeah, Philadelphia, you'd totally want to coach there, what with the roster in disarray, a quarterback that sucked for years but had a resurgence under a very particular scheme that probably can't be recreated, and the city screaming for your blood the minute you have a mediocre season

HIRE HAKSTOL

C/D FLYERS FANS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I was waiting to read "We wish Chip the best of luck in his future endeavors" near the end of the letter but it never came. Something bad must have gone down behind the scenes.

I guess when you get to the point where your best lineman is pulling himself out of a game saying I'm not loving playing for this lost cause, maybe you've got some locker room problems.

• Locked thread