Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Doggboat posted:

Alternative explanation: he makes SF worse, so more people play GG. Looking at this thread, I think he is succeeding.

[url=http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/dec/30/no-plans-huge-street-fighter-5-balance-changes-until-after-capcom-cup-2016-situational-judgement-will-determine-player-skill/]

What is he trying to say?

In that same interview, he also said they're planning to avoid making major changes until after Capcom Cup 2016. This is pretty much what I expected. SFV will go through a similar process that KI went through in season 1. I'm going to get the GOTY edition next Christmas season. Meanwhile, I'm just going to wait for KI to drop. Not only did it already go through 2 seasons of balancing, but it also has a wonderful combo breaker system that the burst system from GG or BB could only hope to be in it's wildest dreams. The cherry on top is that it hasn't been defiled by the evils of anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KI is lame

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It really is

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Safety Scissors posted:

The cherry on top is that it hasn't been defiled by the evils of anime.

What does that mean dude

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

What does that mean dude

He's trying to make a joke

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

He's trying to make a joke

His mom and dad already did

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
I don't want to buy a loving thing that's gonna be endlessly changed and updated I would play dota or something if I wanted to play something lovely enough that you need to constantly change it to keep it competitive

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
if I wanted to play a poo poo game that constantly gets updated I'd play MKX

Never patch

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Safety Scissors posted:

a wonderful combo breaker system that the burst system from GG or BB could only hope to be in it's wildest dreams. The cherry on top is that it hasn't been defiled by the evils of anime.

Please source your quotes

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyRe40udebE

Good lord, calm down Zangief

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Safety Scissors posted:

a wonderful combo breaker system that the burst system from GG or BB could only hope to be in it's wildest dreams.

Combo Breaker is the mechanic that fighting games add when their designers can't be bothered by balancing the moves to disallow endless and/or insane combos.
Prime example of patchwork design.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's not being serious

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Those eyes :stare:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Baal posted:

He's not being serious

I hope so.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dunno if you guys have seen this but Capcom revealed what might be Bison's stage with like zero fanfare and it has some Bison dolls in it.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/12/30/capcom-quietly-unveils-new-street-fighter-v-stage-with-bison-doll-cameos/

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Policenaut posted:

Dunno if you guys have seen this but Capcom revealed what might be Bison's stage with like zero fanfare and it has some Bison dolls in it.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/12/30/capcom-quietly-unveils-new-street-fighter-v-stage-with-bison-doll-cameos/

I assumed that was a throwback to Charlie's stage? Charlie even appears in the 16-character trailer that originally showed it off.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

Please source your quotes

Its me. He's quoting what I believe in my heart.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

4Gamer: I see, l’ll look forward to it (laughs). Finally Sugiyama, your closing words.

Sugiyama: I want to to convey to the Street Fighter II generation, “It’s okay to come home now.” I went to the “Japan’s Manga, Anime, Games” exhibit at the Hyogo Prefectural Museum of Art the other day, and there I saw a parent and child playing SFII. That father was a part of the SFII generation, in about his late 30s… He was a total turtle Guile (laughs).

(All laugh)

Sugiyama: The daughter was using Blanka and asked, “Dad, teach me this game!” Those words left a strong impression on me. If Dad can be the hero, then Street Fight can become the communication tool between parent and child.

SFV is something that the SFII generation who practiced landing Fierce into Dragon Punch back in the day can play. We hope that turtle Guile dad who said, “I can’t move my hands anymore,” will play. We hope that everyone sees that Street Fighter is still alive and well.

I'm Turtle Guile Dad

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 31, 2015

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Doggboat posted:

I wouldn't call anti-airs "advanced level".

Maybe he's telling us: play GGplay a character with an air grab.

uhh try playing against someone who can antiair you majority of the time while maintaining good presence in the ground/footsie war and it really changes things. consistency in anti airing is definitely one major aspect of being advanced m8

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Doggboat posted:

I wouldn't call anti-airs "advanced level".
i would in the context Woshige is talking about, considering a sizable majority of players never ever access this level of play

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Goodpart posted:

That Jill Valentine will realise her dream of being top tier in Street Fighter V

:ohdear:

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Congrats, Gief you're actually good now.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

My brain keeps trying to figure out how to beat this and its giving me anxiety

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

swamp waste posted:

It'll just come out as jump short anyway

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bait the flash kick and then sail over his head

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I'm Turtle Guile Dad

This was actually super sweet and I'm a little sad that I'm gonna be too much of a frumpy grognard to teach my child how to play Street Fighter

It's probably for the best

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

swamp waste posted:

just shoot fireballs at him b/c you were pro and didn't lose it

since sonic boom is a charge he can't negate them one after another

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
http://shoryuken.com/2016/01/05/cancel-dashes-to-extend-throw-range-in-street-fighter-v/

gently caress, I THOUGHT this was a thing, I even tested it in training mode but figured "gently caress, I think I'm just going insane from sleep deprivation". Turns out it IS a thing!

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Didn't Capcom say they wanted to get rid of stuff like Ken kara throw being borderline necessary. Now we have to learn some hand gymnastics just to make a normal throw not terrible?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Didn't Capcom say they wanted to get rid of stuff like Ken kara throw being borderline necessary. Now we have to learn some hand gymnastics just to make a normal throw not terrible?

While it wouldn't surprise me if they removed it, this doesn't sound TOO technical; you're just throwing in the middle of a dash, right?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
There's next to no chance it will be in the launch build and you'd have to classify every special move in the game as hand gymnastics to justify that comment.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Nah.

This is way easier than doing a special move.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It feels like a design decision to me, the game is trying to push dash-in throw as a good offensive tool, making throws actually have reach off a dash accomplishes that. It's not a hard thing to do, just throw at the end of the dash.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

That seems good to me, adds some utility to dashes and makes throws more dangerous, i hope they don't take it out.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Just give throws ST range always but give them 20 frame startup.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
Give everyone Clark's HCF+B from KOF13 as a normal grab.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Thwack! posted:

Give everyone Ralf's HCF+B from KOF98 as a normal grab.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

remove throws, finally get a game with almost as many time overs as sfxt

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Near 50% damage combos seem pretty easy to get as long as your opponent is dumb enough to throw raw dp's at you while you block and crush counter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
Haven't played the Beta yet and I didn't have much luck on google, but any chance of my PS3 dongled THQ fightpad working with this? Otherwise I'll have to look at getting the new PS4 fightpads but the D pad on those looks iffy to me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread