Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Nova launcher, Nox icon pack.

Home screen:

Secondary screen:

Way too many games:

Nova lets me set the folders so that, for example, tapping the Facebook one takes me to Facebook and swiping opens up the folder with all my social media stuff in it. This is probably the longest I've gone without compulsively fiddling with the layout, so I figured I'd share it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

SystemLogoff posted:

Same. I've been looking at the Material Guidelines and keep considering making one.

If you make one I'm sure Master_Odin will put it in there for Something.

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...

The rear end Stooge posted:

I really dig Materialistik but the icons look really jagged on my screen in Nova. Are there any other launchers you guys would recommend that do better anti-aliasing when downscaling icons?

I am using nova with no issues. Not sure why it would show up that way for you.

In regards the the awful app icon I was going try and contact the guy who made that pack and see if he would make one. He does take requests. I just haven't been able to find is contact info.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Teaches of Peaches posted:

I am using nova with no issues. Not sure why it would show up that way for you.

Your screen is probably higher-resolution than mine; mine's 1280x720. It's just weird because icons in the stock launcher are always smooth and sharp.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Gilok posted:

I really need a materialistik/retrorika/Material icon for Awful/Something

Flatro has an icon for Awful. It has so many icons.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Not minimalist at all, but the widget allows universal play/pause media controls which I really wanted. Only one screen, icons placed closer to where my thumb falls naturally the more they're used.

mugrim fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 22, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nice. I like the five different fonts and two clocks and battery meters.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

I like the way the Google bar, Clock #2, and App Drawer button are fading away Back to the Future-style.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Endless Mike posted:

I'm pretty shameless.

Is there a way to take off the battery meter and clock without removing the notification bar in Nova?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

mugrim posted:

I'm pretty shameless.

Is there a way to take off the battery meter and clock without removing the notification bar in Nova?

Not without root afaik

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I think you can remove everything except the clock with System UI tuner in Marshmallow.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Tapet and Materialistik icons work really well together, IMO.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Montalvo posted:

Except when Tapet does poo poo LIKE THIS GOD DAMNIT

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
That's what the thumbs down is for!

I was e-mailing the guy who made the app last night and apparently there are over 4,000 colour palettes!

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

wa27 posted:

If you have the paid version of the app you can disable certain patterns. Some patterns just look like poo poo.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Zom Aur posted:

If you have the paid version of the app you can disable certain patterns. Some patterns just look like poo poo.

Hey, so there is. I feel like there's been a lot of options added to Tapet since I last looked at the settings. I just got the paid version and a lot of the premium patterns are neat.

I had been doing thumbs downs on pattern like that but when I go in the app it only lists one thumbs down so maybe it lost my history at some point.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Montalvo posted:

what are you using to get the percentage next to the battery icon instead of in tiny text inside it?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

ulvir posted:

what are you using to get the percentage next to the battery icon instead of in tiny text inside it?

A Samsung phone? I don't know for sure but my Note 4 does that when I select "Show Battery Percentage" in the battery menu. My Note 2 did as well, and my sister's S5. Think my last HTC put it in the battery icon though.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Yeah, that's how my Samsung S5 Active works by default. I downloaded something to change it to show the percentage inside the battery instead to just take up less room, but the percentage next to the battery was the default behavior.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Brightman posted:

A Samsung phone? I don't know for sure but my Note 4 does that when I select "Show Battery Percentage" in the battery menu. My Note 2 did as well, and my sister's S5. Think my last HTC put it in the battery icon though.

Yeah, also on a Note 4. It's in the settings.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Aranan posted:

Yeah, that's how my Samsung S5 Active works by default. I downloaded something to change it to show the percentage inside the battery instead to just take up less room, but the percentage next to the battery was the default behavior.

Not just Samsung, LG G4 does it by default too. Pretty sure getting that functionality involves your manufacturer refraining from tweaking that part of your interface.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Weather Timeline widget and Voxel icon pack.

I don't gently caress around. :colbert:

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Something Christmassy. I love ClickUI.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Check my clocks out

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

wa27 posted:

Every so often it gives me an eyesearing wall of hot pink. I have no idea what I thumbs upped to cause it to do that.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

TheDK posted:

Check my clocks out

So what time is it really then?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Brightman posted:

So what time is it really then?
Only time will tell

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

TheDK posted:

Only time will tell

hey, watch it

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I am strangely proud with what I've managed to cobble together out of this old craigslist GS5.

And yes, that's what I named my wifi, wanna fight about it

vIt's more like I couldn't think of anything else while naming my wifi

Daily Forecast fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 15, 2016

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Daily Forecast posted:

I am strangely proud with what I've managed to cobble together out of this old craigslist GS5.

And yes, that's what I named my wifi, wanna fight about it

You really like forecasts I guess, just noticed your username.

I have too many APs in my house, but some of the Internet's best names for them:

ItBurnsWhenIP
Abraham Linksys
Drop it like it's hotspot
Router? I barely know her!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My wifi has been Terror Network for years and a neighbour has theirs as FBI Surveillance Van.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
One of the houses nearby me also has FBISurveillance. I'm going to need to come up with something more original than my nickname.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

ijii posted:

One of the houses nearby me also has FBISurveillance. I'm going to need to come up with something more original than my nickname.
It seems like everyone I talk to has an FBI Surveillance Van router near them, myself included. Either the FBI has millions of vans or its a completely unoriginal joke.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

My neighbour has "My_wifi_is_my_waifu" wich is scarier than millions of FBI vans :staredog:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Guillermus posted:

My neighbour has "My_wifi_is_my_waifu" wich is scarier than millions of FBI vans :staredog:

That's pretty funny though

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

eSporks posted:

It seems like everyone I talk to has an FBI Surveillance Van router near them, myself included. Either the FBI has millions of vans or its a completely unoriginal joke.

There is always one on the train as well as a "CIA_BLACKSITE_WIFI" from people hotspotting their phones.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
My hotspot has been Better Call Saul! For ages and it's quite entertaining to hear people point it out to one another.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
My tablet is reppin the manchester badman ting.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jan 20, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Are there any launchers or widget systems that'd let me just define arbitrary regions on my screen to act as buttons? Then I can use that and a wallpaper behind to make it entirely as I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Are there any launchers or widget systems that'd let me just define arbitrary regions on my screen to act as buttons? Then I can use that and a wallpaper behind to make it entirely as I like.

Zooper should be able to do this.

• Locked thread