Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Selachian posted:

Yeah. The guy who's writing the biggest environmentalist hero on the comics pages doesn't actually understand one of the most important environmental issues today.

And is apparently too lazy to actually look up the numbers before yapping about it.

Parahexavoctal posted:

I'm quite amused by how it looks like Everett is whapping these guys while clutching a magic fairy wand.

Now I can't unsee that. Excellent!

speaking of Girl Scout Cookies, have this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set knows puns are the lowest form of humor.

Working Daze is a poor investment.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix reveals the point where it all started going wrong.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

TofuDiva posted:

speaking of Girl Scout Cookies, have this:

I think I say this every time this one pops up, but I would absolutely eat Peanut Butter Munchs.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is a poor investment.

So why was he so down in the dumps in the first panel?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Because he doesn't understand how taxes work.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TofuDiva posted:

And is apparently too lazy to actually look up the numbers before yapping about it.

Didn't the volcano he was talking about actually put out less CO2 into the atmosphere than we normally would have because it shut down a bunch of air travel?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

catlord posted:

I think I say this every time this one pops up, but I would absolutely eat Peanut Butter Munchs.
gently caress yeah, I would totally pig out on Peanut Butter Munchs

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Dude, even if you have your wedding in your parents' basement, you still have to take a minute to decide what to do with the decor. Even if you're like, "Nah, we don't need streamers or balloons and poo poo, the wood paneling, old video game consoles, my Che poster, and the spider webs will be a perfectly acceptable backdrop to my nuptials," you STILL have to figure out logistics and related furniture setup of where your guests will sit, where you'll stand, who's doing the ceremony, what all you'll be saying, which five of your old cds to have the stereo shuffle during the reception, and who's going to pick up the sheet cake from Wal-Mart.

Anything beyond just the two of you standing in front of a judge will take some planning. Quit being a dumb.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

Aww, kiddo. :smith:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Achernar posted:

So what happens if a scout can't meet quota? Are they drummed out of the Girl Scouts?
They get bumped down to Brownie.

Julet Esqu posted:

Radio Patrol

"Bulgy" can't get out of the room because "Bulgy" is dead from severe neck injuries.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

That's a great Rex face there. Even he doesn't buy this.

Secret Agent X-9

"Martian Gang" huh? Might be interesting. We'll find out!

Apartment 3-G

Do they all like live in the same room?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Kumaton posted:

So I've always wondered, after that "Pluggers don't shut the gently caress up about their kids/grandkids" strip, why we don't see any of the kids. After this strip, though, I realized - the kids of the average Plugger couple would be loving horrifying. Thanks, Mr. Brookins.

Could be simpler than that:

Who are You Trying to Fool Comix

Pooch Café

Hey! You can't just grab the front of his collar like that, it wasn't even depicted! You're making GBS threads all over artistic license here!

Ballard Street

It's called depression and it is a disease like any other disease that needs to be treated with a regimen of care and medication, not shame you piece of poo poo.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Oh drat it, I don't want her to be fake. Rufe's heart couldn't take it.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

That clerk has "CPS" written all over her face.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

First is the worst, right? :smith:

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Julet Esqu posted:

Big Ben Bolt
Billy the Kid is going full Don Knotts here, and...I approve. I'm going to just imagine that's who it is from now on.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (December 23, 1950)

Barnaby (May 30, 1942)

Nancy (February 6, 1943)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

GET ON WITH IT!!

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Wow, what a totally surprising plot twist! The ~*~precious princess~*~ not only gets her master's degree without even going to school, it's completely free!

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The Amazing Spider-Man

lol

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

"And please don't put your cigarette out on our carpet. It's the 50's. We have ashtrays."

The panel of the prison matron getting ready to tear that woman's face off is really something.

Prince Valiant

:ohdear:

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

I find the text in Sunday Bolt to be juuuuuust fuzzy enough to be pretty hard to read. It takes some real dedication. But maybe that's just me. :corsair:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Nooooo! I know you this wasn't shown as canon but you two were supposed to live happily ever after! We just never saw Jon in your flash forwards because reasons.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

lol

Some prime, modern art-like avatar material in here.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Having some issues with Imgur, but here are yesterday's comics.

Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 17, 2016

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose is still yesterday's

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
And here are today's comics!

Calvin and Hobbes

Outland

Ripley's

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

How's everybody's weekend been? Get some relaxation in? Want some Body Horror Comix?

Is it me, or would this strip actually make more sense if the panel order was reversed?

Lost Side of Suburbia

There's that tonal shift again. Who decided that this sequence needed a little cartoon character talking like a lolcat? George Lucas, was this you?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

And you know that even though Rufus knows that wasn't really Twila, it's still going to gently caress up his relationship with her for a long time, if he saves her.

Sometimes you don't need MRA Dilbert to be reminded that Scott Adams is a pig.

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 17, 2016

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Big Ben Bolt

I find the text in Sunday Bolt to be juuuuuust fuzzy enough to be pretty hard to read. It takes some real dedication. But maybe that's just me. :corsair:
[/quote]

Not just you. But I find the guy in the drat sailor hat annoying enough to just skip anything he's prominent in.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Fritzi Ritz

Sick, Sick, Sick Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

I'm adding a new strip, in anticipation of Fritzi Ritz going all "Nancy" on me. I wanted something similar in tone, so I chose Matt Groening's "Life In Hell". Ages ago, I posted this strip as scans from a compilation book, but I wanted a newspaper source that would give as many strips as possible.

Life in Hell utilizes what Groening has referred to as "squint-o-vision," referring to tiny text, so apologizes for anything not legible.

wikipedia posted:

The strip featured anthropomorphic rabbits and a gay couple. Groening used these characters to explore a wide range of topics about love, sex, work, and death. His drawings were full of expressions of angst, social alienation, self-loathing, and fear of inevitable doom.
I think Groening owes quite a bit to Jules Feiffer.

Groening eventually went on to dabble in animated television comedies, none of which was successful.

The strip was published from 1977 to 2012 - my search picked up the strip in publication "The News," where it started running mid-1990. They even ran ads to promote it!

It was an instant hit with their sophisticated, urbane readers.

Life In Hell

Slammy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 17, 2016

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
onceagainwiththeshortSunday

Bloom County

Peanuts (January 18, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

I'll admit it, I laughed. That awful CGI "roller coaster on film stock" preroll clip in movie theaters is so cheesy that you can't help but make fun of it.

Watch out for the popcorn kernel moon! It might pop as we go by! :razz:

Of course knowing Batiuk, he's probably playing it straight rather than cynical/irony.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

EasyEW posted:

Bloom County

Every time Bloom County comes back Berke seems to go back to like the same three or four jokes and it's so frustrating!!! This is not that good a joke!!!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

Big Ben Bolt

It seems a little blurry. It's really most problematic with the bolded words for me.

F Minus

Monday's not up yet, which is unusual for F Minus. I'll try to remember to post it.

Mary Worth

NOT creepy. Not at all.

Mary and Olive talk as they repair the placemat they compulsively tore apart due to nervous energy.

Rex Morgan MD

Thank you, Dr. Nigma!

This could be the way it is for every family, if only those libs allowed school vouchers.

Secret Agent X-9

Well this is a little embarrassing. I seriously misread the "Coming Up" box from the other day to say "Martian Gang" when it is actually the much less interesting plain old "Martin Gang." I apologize for the misunderstanding. Still might be a good story. I guess that's supposed to be J. Edgar Hoover?

Apartment 3-G

Is it just me or does Web look like a big ole dumb guy?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Still no Sunday Rose is Rose, oh well.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

I thought it was a magnifying glass in the second panel at first but judging by the marks in the third, it's an ice cream scoop. Just say no to self-performed plastic surgery!

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 18, 2016

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

stupid double post.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Holy crap what happened to Dogbert. The art looks really off here, both in comparison to the old, unrefined stuff and the newer "might be employing C+P" comics.

Selachian posted:

Buni

I thought it was a magnifying glass in the second panel at first but judging by the marks in the third, it's an ice cream scoop. Just say no to self-performed plastic surgery!

Wow, this is pretty gruesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Roland Jones posted:

Holy crap what happened to Dogbert. The art looks really off here, both in comparison to the old, unrefined stuff and the newer "might be employing C+P" comics.

Maybe they farmed it out to a different artist.

• Locked thread