Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I think Rand doesn't want to discuss legal marijuana because he's for it, and the subject isn't in line with the GOP platform? Probably the same reason the Colorado GOP decided to not bother with a primary caucus this year: To save a bunch of "gently caress you long-haired hippie freaks" candidates from having to stump in Weed Capital, USA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mendicant posted:

you know what i want to hear more about in the next episode of TDS that i will not watch: africa

Thank god you showed up in a thread for a TV show you don't watch to inform us you do not watch said show

how would we have gotten by without this vital information

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

Thank god you showed up in a thread for a TV show you don't watch to inform us you do not watch said show

how would we have gotten by without this vital information

Trevor mentions Africa though Raddits, AFRICA. The nerve!

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

IRQ posted:

Trevor mentions Africa though Raddits, AFRICA. The nerve!

Who cares about that country anyway? I mean jfc I tune in to TDS to get straight domestic news. Anything else is just a waste of my time.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

trevor noah is going to foxwoods at the end of the month.

i really want to go but theres no way i could make it :(

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Seeing Jessica doing Desi's what the facts makes me realize just how unfunny I find Jessica. It feels like she has no sense of delivery, just talk real fast and occasionally yell something at the end.

I'm also ashamed that the intro remix is starting to grow on me.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
You take that back; Jessica Williams is amazing. :colbert:

I kind of feel like What The Fact is a worthless recurring bit. If a politician makes a provocative claim in a speech, debate, or ad; calling out their bullshit should be in the main political segment.

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

Co-signing J Willy is amazing.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Counter point, What-the-fact is fantastic and feels like an updated version of modern political news satire with all their loving fact checkers. Jessica Williams and her ratings are hilarious.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
What the fact is good, but talking about O'Malley wasn't good. Poor guy's entire branding looks like some sort of Buddhist knock off Miracle Whip. It's text book punching down, like making fun of the fat smelly kid when his mom doesn't pick him up after school.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Gyges posted:

What the fact is good, but talking about O'Malley wasn't good. Poor guy's entire branding looks like some sort of Buddhist knock off Miracle Whip. It's text book punching down, like making fun of the fat smelly kid when his mom doesn't pick him up after school.

That was nothing next to Wolf Blitzer going full Mean Girl on Lincoln Chafee.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Just caught up on the last two episodes. Thursday night's was fantastic. The whole show was great, but the segemtn with Roy Wood Jr. stole it. That part with Straight Outta Cotton was the hardest I laughed at the show in weeks.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I'll box your eyes out, you benedict cumberbatch!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The 2 Corinthians thing would be almost sort of cute if it wasn't spoken by a cursed cornhusk doll possessed by the spirit of a fascist Oompah Loompah.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 20, 2016

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Over at the Rub'n'Tug

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
That children's book is lovely and racist not just for how it portrays slavery as a whole, but because we know specifically about house slaves who hated their treatment from the Washingtons that they escaped.

(I feel guilty when I have more to say about last night's Nightly than Daily.)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Echo Chamber posted:

That children's book is lovely and racist not just for how it portrays slavery as a whole, but because we know specifically about house slaves who hated their treatment from the Washingtons that they escaped.

The hilarious part is that Hercules, the happy slave chef portrayed in this book, was one of those slaves who escaped.

On George Washington's birthday.

knob
May 25, 2005

knob

Botnit posted:

Seeing Jessica doing Desi's what the facts makes me realize just how unfunny I find Jessica. It feels like she has no sense of delivery, just talk real fast and occasionally yell something at the end.

I'm also ashamed that the intro remix is starting to grow on me.

I've always thought Jessica was as funny as cancer, but everyone seems to love her. Some of her segments are interesting, but I usually skip any of her stand in front of a green screen or sit at the desk interviews with Trevor/Jon (but then, I think Jordan and Roy are the only funny correspondents on right now)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Echo Chamber posted:

Outside of immediately freeing them and setting up a reasonable farm tenant relationship, is it even possible to practice the chattel slavery of the American South without those enslaved hating their treatment?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Gyges posted:

Outside of immediately freeing them and setting up a reasonable farm tenant relationship, is it even possible to practice the chattel slavery of the American South without those enslaved hating their treatment?

You're digging into the myths that slave owners and their descendants told themselves, here. The belief in the "kindly white master" is an old and strong one.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

In between episodes of the Angie Tribeca marathon on TBS, Jason Jones had a bit to promote his upcoming show. "Hey there, I'm Jason Jones and you might know me from The Daily Show when you uh, used to watch it." That was really funny but I'm surprised to see someone who was on the show so recently make a remark like that about Trevor.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Nichael posted:

In between episodes of the Angie Tribeca marathon on TBS, Jason Jones had a bit to promote his upcoming show. "Hey there, I'm Jason Jones and you might know me from The Daily Show when you uh, used to watch it." That was really funny but I'm surprised to see someone who was on the show so recently make a remark like that about Trevor.

I thought of it more like "you stopped watching it when I left the show" and less to do with its current incarnation.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I switched on Colbert on Friday eager to see handling of the republican debate.

It was a two minute segment and the entirety was a riff on "master debator."

Har har har.

loving awful dreeck.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

I switched on Colbert on Friday eager to see handling of the republican debate.

It was a two minute segment and the entirety was a riff on "master debator."

Har har har.

loving awful dreeck.

I found the master debater riff pretty hilarious to be honest but you're right, Colbert is capable of really running away with this material and it's just disappointing to watch him choose not to.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Trevor has a lot to answer for after that sleep over.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Clearly nobody ever told Trevor about Ted DiBiase.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Never forget that Trump is a WWE hall of famer. Right there beside Hulk Hogan.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Was that Jon doing the Gitmo voice?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Dr Christmas posted:

Was that Jon doing the Gitmo voice?

Gonna go out on a limb and assume that it's more likely that someone who is not Jon did the easily imitable Elmo voice as opposed to Jon coming back solely to do the voice for a two-second Elmo parody except for actual Elmo and not the Elmo parody character.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I also want to point out that Seth Meyers is experiencing the opposite of Colbert. Whereas Colbert's show feels increasingly boxed in and walled off from insightful political humor, Seth Meyers has really taken advantage of the freedom his timeslot his.

I was never a big fan of his weekend update material, but he's done a VERY good job of covering the race.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I find Colbert's show great. :shobon:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I bailed on Colbert's show a couple of weeks after his debut because it just felt watered down.

Man, a lot of the correspondent segments on the new Daily Show are so bad. Williams is ok whenever she does her thing I guess but this gold segment is one of the worst things I've ever seen from TDS.

I really miss Stebeef. :smith:

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

I thought the gold segment was hilarious.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pillow Hat posted:

Yeah, it was funny as hell.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah I thought it was pretty inspired and fun.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

God, can Melting Canadian Wax Figure go one single goddamn day without looking and acting like a giant poo poo?

Pillow Hat posted:

Yeah, I don't know what the gently caress he was watching.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The only real problem with that Whitesboro seal is that it looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
hahahahaha holy loving poo poo this guy talking to Jessica

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Well that guy said a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

That was some Archie Bunker level poo poo right there.

• Locked thread