Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

TheBigAristotle posted:

Before this joke gets old (again), someone needs to add a final panel to this masterpiece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Man, right wing cartoonists just can NOT get over the fact that one time Obama wore a suit that wasn't navy blue or gray.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I still laugh every time at that Adam4D comic that was literally "WOWZERS FELLOW WOMEN! IT SURE IS LIBERATING AND REVOLUTIONARY TO DO EVERYTHING OUR HUSBAND ASKS! GOSH, IT SURE IS AWESOME!"

It's weird but I almost find Adam worse than Jack Chick. Chick is awful and hateful, but it's that old man style hate that's unsurprising. Adam is that annoying rear end who gets saved and suddenly feels like he's better than everyone else in the world because of it. I can't stand his lame "Wow guys, grow up, I don't HATE gays! I just think they'll burn forever in eternal hell for being disgusting sodomites. Gosh, why are you so intolerant of my thoughts?" poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I have no idea why on Earth I made this, something about the look on the whale's face :cripes:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I spent 1999-2005 as an Air Force weather forecaster. My official take on the issue is that climate change denialists are stupid dicks.

My uncle also spent a good bit of time as an Air Force weather forecaster. His official take on the issue is that "the climate is always changing."

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Axetrain posted:

He's not going to win any converts to his brand of theocratic garbage by telling people they can't live any part of their lives except fervent devotion to his god. His Christ can gently caress right off.

The goal isn't to actually win converts. It's to go through the motions of proselytizing to the masses so Adam can collect some sweet cash and adulation from people already in the flock who A. enjoy having their worldview reinforced, B. need to check their own 'spread the gospel' box off the Good Christian checklist and can easily accomplish that by reposting one of these awesome toons on Facebook for all their heathen friends and family to see. Preaching to the choir is a far more lucrative and rewarding venture than actually trying to win converts, and the law of averages means some people must fall for it so it's not even totally ineffective.

Also I'm (at least one) person who speculated on Adam's possible atheist past. The best argument against it is I have a hard time believing he wouldn't be milking it as part of his 'I was such a sinner' routine.

The wise man knows it is foolish to designate an eighth of your time to butt stuff when the whole chart is an rear end in a top hat with all activities orbiting around it.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

For the longest time, wingnut oneupsmanship boiled down to:

"Yes, Herman Cain's tax plan is actually insane but OBAMA SAID 57 STATES!"
"Yes, Rick Perry couldn't count to three but OBAMA SAID 57 STATES!"
"Yes, Sarah Palin couldn't remember what newspapers she read but OBAMA SAID 57 STATES!"
"Yes, ______________ said ________________ but OBAMA SAID 57 STATES!"

It's legitimately been a while since I heard a 57 states crack, but leave it to Branco to keep playin' the deep cuts. Hey, Branco, you didn't build that what difference does it make bitter clingers if you like your 57 states you can keep your 57 states dijon mustard arugula Obama ate a dog.

And I think there was something like "but there are 57 sections in the Muslim caliphate, which means he was secretly thinking about his TRUE ALLEGIANCES."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Hey guess what, Alex Jones' gang of Smart People™ has written a victory piece about Garrison!

INTERNET TROLLS FAIL TO DESTROY LIBERTARIAN ARTIST

quote:

Ben Garrison, arguably one of the most notable libertarian artists working today, continues to rise in popularity despite years-worth of attempts by some to derail his career.
Touching on subjects such as the Federal Reserve, the Second Amendment and the TSA, Garrison’s political illustrations have famously adorned countless news sites and blogs.

As stated by Garrison in a recent exposé by Breitbart, the targeted campaign against him began roughly six years ago and still continues to this day.
“Around 2010, I found that one of my cartoons was vandalized after making an Internet search. Someone had pasted an anti-Semitic cartoon caricature over my work. My signature was left on it so that I’d catch the flak,” the artist said. “It was easy to ignore the hate mail, but I could not ignore the defacement. I traced it to a personal website in New England. Someone was using it to illustrate his version of Nazism. It’s his right and free speech to promote such stuff, but the libel was actionable.”

Although the website agreed to take down the image, its removal caused an immediate backlash from Nazi groups all across the Internet.
“When the dopplegänger pages began appearing on Facebook early in 2014, it marked a turning point. Trolls were using my name and face while calling for murder. I could no longer ignore what was being done to my reputation,” Garrison added. “I removed 10 dopplegänger pages on Facebook in 2014 alone and it didn’t help end the trolling.”
Unable to pursue costly legal efforts and offered no help from the usual left-wing voices screaming about “cyberviolence,” Garrison instead used his free speech to protest his name being wrongfully attributed to Nazi-created imagery.
“We need to use our free speech to speak out against such behavior. Each of us can choose to elevate the level of discourse on the Internet,” he said. “We don’t need further government force to mandate that.”
With the recent surge of Donald Trump, Garrison, who officially supports no candidate, has become more popular than ever with his artistic depictions of the hotel tycoon and Republican frontrunner.

“As bad as the trolling has been, it has ended up making me draw even more cartoons in an attempt to recapture my own voice,” Garrison said. “It seems to be working and the trolls are finally losing.”
To the dismay of a shrinking number of Internet trolls, Garrison’s art continues to reach more and more people as his message of liberty reaches the next generation of libertarians.

Fully quoted so you don't have to go to infowars.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

It's funny because now they just buy his cartoons rather than editing them.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

xthetenth posted:

It's funny because now they just buy his cartoons rather than editing them.
No it's funny because he's now drawing cartoons for people that even 4chan, the people who made anti-Semitic edits of his cartoons, too hateful and creepy.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Breitbart always has the hottest scoops on internet sissy slapfights

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Rorus Raz posted:

No it's funny because he's now drawing cartoons for people that even 4chan, the people who made anti-Semitic edits of his cartoons, too hateful and creepy.

I thought it was both?

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Am I not getting this, or does Bok just not know how antivenom is made?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
The Bundys have been arrested and at least one militant is dead. Will be interesting to see which cartoonists are going to be sympathetic

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

loquacius posted:

Is the argument literally "you are not a good Christian if you have anything else at all going on in your life" because wow

e: seriously this poo poo is how cult leaders get you to give them all your possessions and cut off ties with your family
Yeah, I mean I'm not at the point of being a Christeaster person (mainly because I live right next to my church), but I've noticed as me and my siblings have gotten older, our parents don't really give much of a poo poo about going to church. Besides as a Catholic I can just go to confession, say a pray, give some money to a poor person, do a couple of good works, etc and not be damned to hell. I mean really one hour of a week is all god needs of me, especially on the weeks where there is an incentive to go to mass like donuts afterwards

Glad Rogers is back, I've missed him :unsmith:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

"Watcha' prayin about?'

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

beepsandboops posted:

The Bundys have been arrested and at least one militant is dead. Will be interesting to see which cartoonists are going to be sympathetic

I don't know, they were no angels. I heard one of them liked a certain kind of music.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

beepsandboops posted:

Latuff's take on the topic.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I'm glad foreign politoons are slammin on this, but it bugs me unreasonably that he didn't even try to draw the letter Ø. It's just an O with a slash through it, I know you're capable of that, Bell.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheBigAristotle posted:

Before this joke gets old (again), someone needs to add a final panel to this masterpiece

That...that quote is about how Christ doesn't care how much money and time and poo poo you give him, as long as YOU are 100% for him. How does mr "IF YOU DON'T GO TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY AND DO THE RIGHT RITUALS AND poo poo LIKE ME YOU ARE BASICALLY HURTING POOR JESUS' FEELINGS" even take that quote and go 'yea, this is about me'?

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Acropolis posted:

Guest artist: animal nuz.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Leave Glup alone.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

The gently caress? Once again, conservatives don't understand the difference between short-term and long-term predictions, especially regarding climate change.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

So this is just Mallard's head from now on, must be easier to c/p

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Acropolis posted:

Latuff is aware that Y'all Qaeda would happily behead him, butcher his sons and rape his wife and children for the sole crime of being Brazilian and somewhat brown, yes?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

If Global Warming, then how come I'm not dead :smug:

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Acropolis posted:

in Rio, o porco says "oinc!"

spent way too long trying to decipher that acronym

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

WarpedNaba posted:

Latuff is aware that Y'all Qaeda would happily behead him, butcher his sons and rape his wife and children for the sole crime of being Brazilian and somewhat brown, yes?

I'm no Pulitzer Prize winning cartoonist, but I really don't think this is flattering to either side. Snakes aren't really a 'good guy' kinda thing.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Indeed, no True Blooded American would ever represent themselves or their states as a snake...

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

T-man posted:

I'm no Pulitzer Prize winning cartoonist, but I really don't think this is flattering to either side. Snakes aren't really a 'good guy' kinda thing.

He gave that snake a way cool hat though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

there wolf posted:

The wise man knows it is foolish to designate an eighth of your time to butt stuff when the whole chart is an rear end in a top hat with all activities orbiting around it.

An rear end in a top hat with all activities orbiting around it, you say?

Jedit fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jan 27, 2016

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Now this is a metaphor I can get behind.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

WarpedNaba posted:

Now this is a metaphor I can get behind.

Some goon will point out that Puritans didn't really dress like that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Starshark posted:

You mean like you did, just now?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Jedit posted:

An rear end in a top hat with all activities orbiting around it, you say?

Swap "Butt Stuff" and "Family and Friends", and you've got a winner.

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

Starshark posted:

How do we know its puritans depicted in that ink?

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfDcbyylWYE

QI is brilliant.

54.4 crowns fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 27, 2016

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

And we're off to a good start regarding this particular topic :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope