Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Brosnan posted:

If you're not a major KOF nerd then KOFXIII is a great game and $5 is a total steal.

If you one day get good enough at it to start being bothered by the HD combo system then you can play some of the old KOFs that diehards still like and you'll appreciate them more than you probably would now.

This is a good summation of KoF13 and its a fuckin' blast at its core. Really fun game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
XIII is a game worth having and HD combos are not that hard, you pussies.

Edit: some are hard, but majority are pretty easy and straight forward.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Even if you're a dumb babby like me who can't do HD combos KOF XIII is a fun as hell game that looks great to boot.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

kof13 is great for 5 bucks, gorgeous and fun

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I paid seven (!!) dollars for KOF13 and don't regret it.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

uncleKitchener posted:

The problem isnt theyre hard its that theyre easy you feel me?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I paid 50 bux for the game on release and don't regret it. I will admit, the kickass preorder bonus helped loosen my wallet (4 disk, 100 song soundtrack!!) Only one worth a drat in recent memory.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

uncleKitchener posted:

Neither are MvC3 combos but they are still kind of a problem for the game.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
I don't like the fact that the high level scene for XIII has 'evolved' into the best players being able to pick EX Iori and consistently do free cancel infinites. The infinite isn't even relatively difficult since it is just doing the Maiden Masher super input after doing the 2nd rekka to reduce the recovery. But hey, beyond that, the game's alright. I'm glad XIV is ditching the drive system in favour of making it more like the older KoF games

Thwack! fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 9, 2016

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
HD combos, what a wonderful system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gca2gAUyybA

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Holy poo poo.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/265502/Mad_Catz_lays_off_63_of_staff_in_restructuring_plan.php

quote:

Today embattled video game peripheral manufacturer Mad Catz announced steep staff cuts as part of a restructuring plan aimed at bolstering its business. The company has let go of 63 percent of its staff in a company-wide layoff.

This comes in the wake of an announcement yesterday that many of its top executives -- company president and CEO Darren Richardson, senior VP of business affairs Whitney Peterson and company chairman Thomas Brown -- had resigned.

The company says that the cuts will save $5 million dollars a year beginning from the first quarter of its 2017 fiscal year, which commences April 1, 2016.

The company's sales were actually up 114 percent year-on-year, to $65.0 million, for its third quarter 2016 (the three months ended December 31, 2015.) Sales of "specialty controllers" leapt up as a proportion of company sales for that period, thanks to Rock Band 4. Mad Catz partnered with developer Harmonix to provide the official peripherals for the game, which launched in October 2015.

That isn't necessarily good news, though: "... Rock Band sell-through was lower than originally forecast resulting in higher inventory balances as well as lower margins due to increased promotional activity with retailers," president and CEO Karen McGinnis said in a statement alongside its results. The company also experienced low demand for its audio and PC products, and decreasing sales in European and Asian regions.

That's pretty rotten news for everyone.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

stock is sinking again, investor call is here btw for anyone interested in what a massive budget fuckup looks like
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?p=irol-eventDetails&c=69024&eventID=5216488

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
SFV using PS3 controllers will only compound the problem I'm guessing. Glad I didn't buy a TE2+.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

I really hope we get some ex-employees to talk about how exactly anyone thought betting everything on Rock Band was anything but loving bananas.

I mean, they actually got sales to increase but poo poo was still so bad they had to go through these cuts, jesus christ.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Maybe if it was actually possible to buy MCZ sticks directly from their site and receive them in a reasonable time frame more than once a quarter they wouldn't be in such trouble. But alas, Mad Catz' crippling fear of people who want to give them their money turned out to be their downfall, who would have guessed.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did Markman get fired?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

zelah posted:

SFV using PS3 controllers will only compound the problem I'm guessing. Glad I didn't buy a TE2+.

gently caress that, now I really want one before they might disappear, ha.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

fadam posted:

Did Markman get fired?

I don't know how it goes exactly, he either was already leaving or has already left.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Munsun posted:

I don't know how it goes exactly, he either was already leaving or has already left.

He's still on Twitter talking like he's a representative so he hasn't left yet. But, yeah, I remember him mentioning he was planning it soon.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

So relinking this because it looks like Gamasutra got its numbers mixed up. Madcatz is keeping 63% of its staff. 37% is the amount being laid off.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

fadam posted:

Did Markman get fired?

Munsun posted:

Zaa Boogie posted:

He's still on Twitter talking like he's a representative so he hasn't left yet. But, yeah, I remember him mentioning he was planning it soon.

He's leaving Mad Catz after Evo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zaa Boogie posted:

He announced it shorty after the rock band announcement

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Is there a stick out there that is 1)not a piece of garbage 2)works on windows natively particularly with SF5 3)also works on PS4?

Thanks

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

signalnoise posted:

Is there a stick out there that is 1)not a piece of garbage 2)works on windows natively particularly with SF5 3)also works on PS4?

Thanks

Not until Mad Catz puts out new firmware for the PS4 sticks to support Xinput.

Alternatively, if you already have a stick you like, you could mod it with a Brook board.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Not until Mad Catz puts out new firmware for the PS4 sticks to support Xinput.

i have the newest TE2 that doesn't have the touchpad, the chun li sfv one. how would I even go about updating the firmware on there? like plug it into my pc and download a thing or what?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I'm 90% sure one of the new Hori sticks has a switch for PS3/PS4/PC (xinput)

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Alternatively, if you already have a stick you like, you could mod it with a Brook board.

I don't trust myself with a soldering iron to bring it close to a SFxSanrio stick

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

i have the newest TE2 that doesn't have the touchpad, the chun li sfv one. how would I even go about updating the firmware on there? like plug it into my pc and download a thing or what?

I'd imagine they'd have to build a tool. However Mad Catz manages to do that.

zelah posted:

I'm 90% sure one of the new Hori sticks has a switch for PS3/PS4/PC (xinput)

Not sure on stick, but the new FC4 has a switch for it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

signalnoise posted:

I don't trust myself with a soldering iron to bring it close to a SFxSanrio stick

newest one is solderless, just screw terminals

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I shamefully have the non-Sanrio version of that stick and it sounds like mounting a new PCB is a pain.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Tekken 7 FR has EX moves that play a giant explosion noise when you land them, I love it. The attacks use up your rage, just like the supers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak8vOKw34Vg

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

signalnoise posted:

Thanks

Any PS4 stick with X360CE running on your PC.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Europe's getting a simultaneous retail release of Revelator! Without Sony Europe loving it up, it should be entirely on pair with the other regions when it comes to patches and DLC.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Europe's getting a simultaneous retail release of Revelator! Without Sony Europe loving it up, it should be entirely on pair with the other regions when it comes to patches and DLC.

It still hasn't been confirmed for PC, right? I mean, that's good news all around, but I'd love it if I didn't need to wait a year to get it. :v:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

weird bleep posted:

Tekken 7 FR has EX moves that play a giant explosion noise when you land them, I love it. The attacks use up your rage, just like the supers.

Tekken's soundtrack gets better every game.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

How do I wire something to this?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Question Mark Mound posted:

Tekken's soundtrack gets better every game.

Knock em down

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

weird bleep posted:

This game is gonna be the good kind of hosed up. I'm willing to completely drop DOA and get back in Tekken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Saoshyant posted:

Is this the first time the euros get a simultaneous release like this for a gg game?

• Locked thread