Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Zand posted:

Is this the first time the euros get a simultaneous release like this for a gg game?

Quite likely, yeah. Cannot recall it ever happened before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Partial Octopus posted:

How do I wire something to this?

Stick wires into the blue terminals then tighten the screws. If you can handle Legos you can handle this.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Mattavist posted:

Stick wires into the blue terminals then tighten the screws. If you can handle Legos you can handle this.

I think they mean the 4 pin header for the thumbstick buttons and touchpad button, which I don't think is on the board by default.

To answer the question, if the header were on there, you'd have to terminate the wires into a 4 pin plug that fit and then plug it in. Or you could desolder the header and solder the wires onto the traces directly. Or you could just solder the wires to the back side of the board where the header is soldered on.

Though I don't really know why you need thumbstick buttons or a touchpad button on a stick.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 10, 2016

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

weird bleep posted:

Tekken 7 FR has EX moves that play a giant explosion noise when you land them, I love it. The attacks use up your rage, just like the supers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak8vOKw34Vg

Way way cooler mechanic than having Ultras.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

If anyone needs a good monitor, amazon warehouse has this one for half off standard retail:

ASUS MX279H 27" Full HD 1920x1080 AH-IPS HDMI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B17C5KO/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_0C3UwbYSZ2T8Y

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I think they mean the 4 pin header for the thumbstick buttons and touchpad button, which I don't think is on the board by default.

To answer the question, if the header were on there, you'd have to terminate the wires into a 4 pin plug that fit and then plug it in. Or you could desolder the header and solder the wires onto the traces directly. Or you could just solder the wires to the back side of the board where the header is soldered on.

Though I don't really know why you need thumbstick buttons or a touchpad button on a stick.

Some games map macros to the stick buttons, I think one of the arcsys games uses the touchpad button for training mode replay stuff

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Europe's getting a simultaneous retail release of Revelator! Without Sony Europe loving it up, it should be entirely on pair with the other regions when it comes to patches and DLC.

I wept

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

PS4 uses the touchpad key to reset training mode supposedly. And I was talking about the headers. Mine came like the one in the picture.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i really hope those scrappy young kids like daigo, mago, and tokido are able to find sponsors after madcatz folds :(

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

TheManSeries posted:

If anyone needs a good monitor, amazon warehouse has this one for half off standard retail:

ASUS MX279H 27" Full HD 1920x1080 AH-IPS HDMI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B17C5KO/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_0C3UwbYSZ2T8Y

Sold, thanks.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

It's rated excellent on Display Lag. I got mine today and its a really nice monitor.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Yeah, it's the one I got when my old tv died 2 years back. Having built in speakers kinda helps, too.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Yeah. I'm stoked to get in and get it set up. I was pet sitting and the cat hosed up my Evo monitor.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Kuvo posted:

Knock em down

run it homie

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Brosnan, is Harada adding Miguel to the console version or do I need to learn a new char? I know there's been no word or hint but to are the Tekken Sage around here so tell me.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Zand posted:

Is this the first time the euros get a simultaneous release like this for a gg game?
first time for any arc sys game i think, we waited almost a year for calamity trigger and persona 4 arena

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Baal posted:

Brosnan, is Harada adding Miguel to the console version or do I need to learn a new char? I know there's been no word or hint but to are the Tekken Sage around here so tell me.

Theyre working on his gun hands but its taking some time

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

weird bleep posted:

Tekken 7 FR has EX moves that play a giant explosion noise when you land them, I love it. The attacks use up your rage, just like the supers.

How the heck did Hwoarang end up with an eyepatch?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gigas is actually Marduk, right?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
why aren't we talking more about the literal tiger summoner Mishima anyway we really should be tho

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

How the heck did Hwoarang end up with an eyepatch?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's just a costume customization item, not some story-influenced change.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Baal posted:

Current best plan is to cross your fingers and hold your breath as more characters are unveiled for Fated Retribution. Miguel is definitely one of the cooler characters to have been added to Tekken recently so I'd like to see him show up, but I need Craig and Kuma to be in the game first.

AndyElusive posted:

Gigas is actually Marduk, right?

I've seen one or two recycled animations but I don't think there's any real connection. If they gave away a couple of Marduk's moves because he's not making it into the game anyway I will be very sad.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Partial Octopus posted:

How do I wire something to this?

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I just desoldered mine. I wasn't too enthused about Paradise Arcade Shop's "bonus" to add it. If I had pin connectors on hand I probably would have used it, but eh.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Brosnan posted:

I've seen one or two recycled animations but I don't think there's any real connection. If they gave away a couple of Marduk's moves because he's not making it into the game anyway I will be very sad.

Bro, Mark is gone, you need to let go.

He's in a better place now.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

FanaticalMilk posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's just a costume customization item, not some story-influenced change.

His picture in the corner has him with the eyepatch, so I'm assuming it's his default costume.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

boxcarhobo posted:

run it homie

I NEED DAT

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

His picture in the corner has him with the eyepatch, so I'm assuming it's his default costume.

Ah, nevermind then, in that case I do not know. I'm assuming the arcade version of Tekken 7 had no real story mode to speak of?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess if Miguel's not in the game I can finally try to learn Asuka

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Just use Alisa, she's the best Astroboy clone.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

PunkBoy posted:

It is his default but I think the canon explanation is that he's wearing it because it looks cool.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Hwoarang shouldn't be able to break throws anymore

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Since we can use PS3 sticks on PS4 which one of you guys upgrading to something new wants to hook a broke dude up with a used stick on the cheap? Send me a gmail (same username)

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Is true ogre in Tekken 7? He's really the only character I play outside of King and I'm a little bummed I haven't seen him yet. Tiger lady looks really cool.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Where's my girl Jaycee Harada??? Zafina prob won't ever be in another Tekken game but at least give me Julia :smith:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol televised mk tourneys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjpUfxgodYQ

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things

weird bleep posted:

loving awesome combo aesthetics and music aside, Tekken is one of the few fighting game series where I always love the designs of new characters and reworked old one. Guilty Gear is the other one, I loved Justice and Kliff in XX and Bedman in Xrd.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Brosnan posted:

It is his default but I think the canon explanation is that he's wearing it because it looks cool.

I'll take it!

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

FanaticalMilk posted:

Ah, nevermind then, in that case I do not know. I'm assuming the arcade version of Tekken 7 had no real story mode to speak of?

It's only 5 stages with no story aside from a short cutscene introducing the boss characters in stages 4 and 5.

Neo Helbeast posted:

Is true ogre in Tekken 7? He's really the only character I play outside of King and I'm a little bummed I haven't seen him yet. Tiger lady looks really cool.

No True Ogre. Kazumi the tiger lady is like a baby Mishima with no wave dash or electrics, but she can throw tigers so that's cool.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I want Dr. B.

Give me Dr. B.

e: failing that, Lei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Babe Magnet posted:

I want Dr. B.

Give me Dr. B.

This is the only thing that will make me buy T7.

• Locked thread